PDA

View Full Version : Dark Resurrection by John A. Karr

johnakarr
April 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Not an original Thread title but it'll do for now, eh?

Hey, I'm John. How about a little horror fun in your life? Don't be scared ... yet. If you enjoy the early works of the grand master of horror, Stephen King, sprinkled with inspiration from Edgar Allan Poe, chances are you'll like this one! (JAK Times Survey, 04/05/07, 99 out of 100 zombies polled responded with a rotting thumbs-up)

If you like it, how about posting a review in My Bookstore And More before my editor Linda whips a poor writer (and not in a good way)? If you don't like it, keep your opinion on the low and I'll do better next time ;^)

Here's the link and blurb from Dark Resurrection (http://samhainpublishing.com/books/dark-resurrection):

Dark Resurrection by John A. Karr
ISBN: 1-59998-449-0
Length: Plus Novel
Price: $6.50
Genre: Horror
Publication Date: March 27, 2007
Surgeon Victor Galloway kept death at bay in the operating room-now death has claimed him. Resurrected against his will, he must fight for his family and his soul.

Victor Galloway is a prominent surgeon and family man. When he suffers a heart attack, he claws his way to the phone and dials 911. The paramedics arrive, smile down at him and quickly administer a lethal injection.

Victor's life is ending, but his nightmare has just begun.
Close to death and strapped to a gurney, he's offered an unholy deal by Tobias, H.E.L.L.'s CEO: Use his surgical skills to harvest the living to feed the undead in exchange for immortality.

Refused but not to be denied, Tobias presses his unwilling recruit into the ranks of the undead. Whether by chance or divine intervention, Victor is different from the others. He is a monster with a conscience, a force for good ensnared by evil, and the only one willing to stand against Tobias and his burgeoning nest of zombies. He must destroy them, but doing so risks the lives of his family and the last hospital employee with a pulse.

This book has been previously published and has been revised from its
original release.

Warning, this title contains the following: dark themes, graphic violence, language, gore, and a smattering of explicit sex.

Margo Lukas
April 5th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I just had to tell you that your cover scared my little girl!:lol: Wait, I shouldn't laugh at her terror...

But I was browsing MBaM and she saw your cover and suddenly crawled behind my chair. "Too scary" was all she said.

~Margo

johnakarr
April 7th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Hey Margo,

Yeah, Anne Cain did a great job on that cover, didn't she?

Sorry your little girl got scared, though. Haven't let my own daughter read it yet; will probably wait a few more years since she's 12. She enjoys darker stories suitable for her age, though.

jennzilla
April 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I was reading Stephen King by then. Of course, I'm a little bit crazy now, so that's not such a good endorsement, is it?
:lol:

johnakarr
April 7th, 2007, 10:05 PM
A little crazy is necessary in this world

lcsamano
May 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Your book looks very interesting. Have you wrote anything else? Just curious so I can look for those as well.

johnakarr
May 24th, 2007, 08:42 PM
thanks lcsamano. Don't have other published works (and not from lack of trying :mad:) at the moment, but I've got other manuscripts awaiting the chance to turn into books ... my editor at Samhain would like to consider a medical thriller of mine. Once I give it another edit, I'll send it her way. I'm also a few chapters away from completing an heroic fantasy novel a la Robert E. Howard and Karl Edward Wagner, and there's a general fiction novel that could be making the publisher rounds ere long

jennzilla
May 25th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I hope you will though. Keep on trying. I'm in the midst of reality, which bites, I'd rather be writing for sure. Hope you get back to the horrors of unreality very soon.

johnakarr
May 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM
hey thanks Jennzilla. I'm in the game all right, it's just events move like water through granite.

You know how it is with writing. Each session takes a little bite out of reality :cool:

johnakarr
May 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
hey my post count is latched on # 13 ... what the ?:confused:

Eternal bad luck ... nooooooooo

johnakarr
May 25th, 2007, 09:06 PM
ha! now it's 14

Destiny bows before me

Lainey
June 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Oh I do not have your book yet but it is going to the top of my TBB pile it sounds great ... not quite real horror for me in that there is that spark of something good or soul or conscience or something that is there I love that ...someone flawed and fighting it is good but yeah I loved the blurb now need to chase it down for sure.

Lainey

johnakarr
June 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I think you'll enjoy Dark Resurrection, Lainey :)

Hmm. TBB pile ... To Be Bought?

Karenne
June 5th, 2007, 11:32 AM
yeap!

TBB - To be Bought
TBR - To be Read

Karenne - So awesome to know

:roflmao:

Lainey
June 6th, 2007, 06:25 PM
OH goody your book sounds so great since horror and dark novels can be interesting but yours sounds great so I really want to check it out ...thanks so much ...

Lainey

luv2read
June 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I know this book is a must get. It sounds really good. Has anyone read this book yet?