PDA

View Full Version : SUMMER SIZZLE erotic romance Adult excerpt

Samantha Gentry
September 7th, 2009, 12:25 PM
SUMMER SIZZLE by Samantha Gentry, a contemporary erotic romance novel, is available from Cobblestone Press. www.cobblestone-press.com (http://www.cobblestone-press.com/) Following is a blurb and an adult first kiss excerpt.

BLURB:

Do opposites really attract? Can a man who believes only in live-for-today and doesn't want a relationship that consists of anything more than torrid sex for a one night stand find any kind of common ground with a woman who needs to have every moment of her life carefully planned in advance and believes that what's important in life is building a secure tomorrow?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The tragic loss of his six year old son has caused Blake Callahan to lose his way in the world. He now lives only for today—wine, women and song—having learned the hard way that no one is guaranteed a tomorrow. Could Victoria Templeton, a woman so busy worrying about tomorrow that she hasn't allowed any time in her life for today, be the one to help this deeply wounded man find his way back? And will Blake be able to help Vicki realize that she can't shut today out of her life without it costing her tomorrow?

FIRST KISS ADULT EXCERPT:

"Uh…I have a suggestion that could help you out of your predicament…at least for the moment. This is a large house. Perhaps we could reach an understanding about sharing it until Monday, when you can work out something with the rental office."<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Her eyes widened as the shock traveled through her body. Had she heard him correctly?<o:p></o:p>
He awkwardly shifted his weight from one foot to the other, his uncertainty showing on his face. "I know it sounds kind of bizarre, since we don’t know anything about each other, but give it some thought. You don't need to be alarmed. I'm not the type to sneak up on you in the middle of the night while you're sleeping and jump into your bed." A teasing grin slowly spread across his face. "At least not without an invitation." <o:p></o:p>
Wariness replaced her initial shock, and she took a couple of steps backward.<o:p></o:p>
His expression turned serious as he studied her. "Lighten up a little. I was just kidding. There's no reason for you to be worried about your safety. So, what do you think? Can we co-exist for a couple of days?"<o:p></o:p>
"Well..." It took her a few seconds to get over her alarm. She hesitated as she tried to formulate her thoughts and weigh her alternatives. Between the rental agency not calling her back and Blake showing her a copy of a signed lease, she had little doubt about the legitimacy of his claim to the house. She pulled open the sliding glass door to let in the sounds of the ocean and took a deep breath to calm her inner jitters. She tried to put her heated physical desire for this totally inappropriate man to one side so she could make a logical evaluation of the situation.<o:p></o:p>
"I can't make a decision like this without considering all the facets of the problem and carefully weighing the pros and cons."<o:p></o:p>
"You know what I think, Victoria Templeton?" His soft voice sounded so very sexy as he moved to stand directly behind her. His warm breath tickled across the back of her neck, sending waves of heated desire coursing through her veins. "I think you've never done a spontaneous thing in your life."<o:p></o:p>
“How dare you make such an assumption!” She turned to face him and found herself looking up into his mesmerizing blue eyes. She tried to force a confident tone into her voice, something she definitely didn't feel. "You don't know a thing about me or my situation."<o:p></o:p>
“I'll even go so far as to guess that you don't know how to be spontaneous.” He stared at her as if trying to reach inside her head and drag out her thoughts. "You're so busy worrying about tomorrow that you won't allow yourself any time for today."<o:p></o:p>
"You think I don't know how to be spontaneous?" Her words were spoken half in anger and half in disbelief. He had challenged her, something she couldn't allow to go unanswered. She stepped close to him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and plastered her mouth against his. Her breasts pressed against his hard chest. Then, very aware of his rapidly growing erection, she leaned her hips against his body. <o:p></o:p>
Oh, God…he feels so good. <o:p></o:p>
She could imagine that impressive cock sliding inside her. A moment later, his tongue probed between her lips. She opened her mouth, allowing the texture of his tongue to mesh with hers. The sensation of his hand sliding down her back and across her hip to cup her ass sent a shiver of anticipation racing through her body.<o:p></o:p>

CharmedGirl
September 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Love the excerpt.