PDA

View Full Version : What do you like about writing romance?

Lyn Armstrong
December 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I am about to write the first page of an erotic paranormal anthology titled, Daughters of Odin. I must admit, this is my favourite part of the writing process. I get so excited after all the historical details have been researched, my characters have pictures and profiles and my plot is loosely written. (I'm basically a panster - I write by the seat of my pants).
After all that is completed I like to do a little happy dance. It's now my time to shine, to lose myself in the world of fantasy. This is why I do what I do. To suffer through the painstaking edits, wait on the rollercoaster of submissions and sometimes rejections - but not too many rejections, I've got to keep positive.
It all seems worth the hard work, blood, sweat and tears for this very moment...to create the first draft of the story.
As I settle into my computer chair, a warm cup of tea is next to me, my heart beats a little faster. My stomach tingles in anticipation and my creative muse clears her throat...I am about to create a world of fantasy and fall in love for the very first time...again.
So tell me, what part of the process do you like when writing a novel? If you haven't written a story yet, take some time and think about what part you would most enjoy.
Would it be the research part, profiling your characters, plotting, editing, finished the first page or chapter? Perhaps when you write, "the end" is your fav. Or maybe you are like me, the thrill is in the actual story writing.
Whatever is your favourite part, writing is an addiction I gladly welcome into my veins of creativity. ;0)
Lyn Armstrong
History has never been so erotic
www.LynArmstrong.com (http://www.lynarmstrong.com/)

lavagrl
December 19th, 2009, 01:14 AM
My favorite part is imagining the story unfolding. I sit back and let my mind go where it will, then I structure it.

Figuring out how the characters will get into the situation that popped into my head, what backgrounds made them the people they are when they get there, what leads to the conversations or arguments they have when they're trying to get there, those are my favorite parts.

Kim Smith
December 19th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Watching characters grow on every page. Ahhh....

Lyn Armstrong
December 20th, 2009, 04:04 PM
My favorite part is imagining the story unfolding. I sit back and let my mind go where it will, then I structure it.

Figuring out how the characters will get into the situation that popped into my head, what backgrounds made them the people they are when they get there, what leads to the conversations or arguments they have when they're trying to get there, those are my favorite parts.

Oh I love that part too. Do you do character profiles with photos and notes on their childhood, etc?

Lyn Armstrong
December 20th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Watching characters grow on every page. Ahhh....

I love when a character starts off with heaps of flaws, but learns through conflict how to be a better person. It's lots of fun following them through the story. :shifty:

Lyn
xoxo

lavagrl
December 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Oh I love that part too. Do you do character profiles with photos and notes on their childhood, etc?

Nothing that structured. I really should, though. Mostly I just jot down notes as they pop into my head and then I have to comb through my notebooks later to remember what I wrote down about the character.

Lyn Armstrong
December 24th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Nothing that structured. I really should, though. Mostly I just jot down notes as they pop into my head and then I have to comb through my notebooks later to remember what I wrote down about the character.

I usually do up character profiles with photos and stick them on my wall next to the computer. That way if I get stuck in a situation where my character doesn't know what to say, I look at the pic and their voices pop into my head.

In the old days, I would have been put in a crazy place for admitting that. LOL. Bouncy Icon Smilie