PDA

View Full Version : Romance and Fantasy Read

romancereader
December 17th, 2009, 10:01 PM
:boat: Hello does anyone have any good suggestions of a good romance novel that is fantasy?:hide:

lavagrl
December 19th, 2009, 12:59 AM
There are actually a lot of good ones out there. All of the ones I know of are in series. The first ones I always recommend are the Laurell K Hamilton books. The Anita Blakes are some of my favorites and her Merry Gentry series is good, too. After that I'd say the Keri Arthur Reily Jenson books. The J.R. Ward books are really good, the Kerrelyn Sparks Love at Stake series, the Kimberly Ray 'Liv' series. The Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire series. The Kim Harrison's are good. They have romance, but are more focused on the fantasy and solving mysteries. Not exactly what you asked, but I'd recommend them.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head. Hope that helps.

romancereader
December 30th, 2009, 08:58 PM
smilies/bounce.gifThank-you.:Hotdog:

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2009, 07:34 PM
I love Laurell K Hamilton. Her books are great. Especially the Merry Gentry series with Doyle and Frost - her bodyguards.

lavagrl
January 2nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
smilies/bounce.gifThank-you.:Hotdog:

You're welcome. I hope you found some books you like.

:leo:

hollie
January 3rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
If your into e-books try

Brenda Steele's Accidental Mates series ~sex dragon shifters
Jory Strong has lots of series alot of are fantasy

or go and search the CTR store you can search by genre and there is loads of fantasy ~ i should know i have most of them http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/index.php?main_page=specials

Sheryl Nantus
January 3rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
I'd definitely recommend anything by Patricia Briggs - she's a faboo author and her Mercy Thompson books are excellent reading! It's werewolf fantasy, just so you know.

Julie Kenner's Kate Connor series (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom) is also a great series of reads - imagine Buffy all grown up, married with kids, having to go back into the demon-hunting arena... another good series, imo.

(and, you know, I have my own book coming out tomorrow...)

*winks*

hollie
January 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'd definitely recommend anything by Patricia Briggs - she's a faboo author and her Mercy Thompson books are excellent reading! It's werewolf fantasy, just so you know.

Julie Kenner's Kate Connor series (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom) is also a great series of reads - imagine Buffy all grown up, married with kids, having to go back into the demon-hunting arena... another good series, imo.

(and, you know, I have my own book coming out tomorrow...)

*winks*

what book with who whats it about tell us about it Twirling

Sheryl Nantus
January 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
what book with who whats it about tell us about it Twirling

Well, since you asked... :whistilin:

What God and Cats Know, coming out January 4th from Lyrical Press!

There's no such thing as a "Purr"-fect murder…

Rebecca Desjardin thought she had put her past behind her...until a dead "cat woman" appears on the front page of a local tabloid.

Street-smart and sassy, Rebecca is a survivor. Outcast from her Felis family because she can no longer change shape, she’s adapted to the world of men, and is quite capable of taking care of herself in her sometimes challenging career as a private investigator. But for her success she pays a price, her heritage, which she must keep secret at all costs.

Along for the ride, investigative reporter Brandon Hanover has his own troubled past. A photograph of the dead woman was supposedly slipped under his door, marking him as a possible suspect in the murder. Now all he wants to do is find the killer, clear his name, and get a good story…And maybe find out more about this mysterious woman he might be falling for.

I've got my own forum here as well, so you can find excerpts here (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=10763) and here (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=11044) - and the faboo cover!

Not to hijack the thread or anything...

;)