PDA

View Full Version : Hello out there to all my friends..........both new and old!!

loridbingley
March 25th, 2006, 01:19 AM
I would like to thank Karenne for giving me this area to talk about my books, myself, and well...just to chat with other authors and readers.

I am a romantic suspense author, however, recently I've tried my hand at writing for children. As the mother of five, I get tired telling my children that no, they cannot read my books, because there is murder and ... *looks around for my mother *....SEX!! in them. EEK! How dare I??? lol. Actually the sad truth is, none of my older children enjoy reading for pleasure. Sad, really. When I was younger I was always reading - whether in class with a school book to hide the saucy Harlequin I was trying to read - or at home, when punished and sent to my room (which was like once in my whole life because I'm such an angel). I was always reading. Now? Now I only have time in the bathroom. We'll leave it at that!!

I love to write mysteries because they keep my interest, and I never know who the killer is going to be until the very last moment. I try to plan it, attempt to outline the story, but those characters always seem to take a life of their own. Plus, sometimes, I'm in a bad mood while writing and just have to kill someone off. I love the power!! LOL. I add romance to the mysteries because, let's face it, we all want someone/something to 'root' for at the end of the story. What fun is there in finding a killer if you don't have someone to hold you at the end?

Thanks again to Coffee Time, and I look forward to meeting/chatting with all of you!! If you have any questions/comments, etc, I would love to hear from you. My new book, "Fraternity" is available now as a download with Champagne Books (www.champagnebooks.com) or you can order the print copy instead!! Take care all and let's get chatting!!

Lori
lbingley72@yahoo.ca

jennzilla
March 25th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Hi Lori! I was surfing the forums and saw your name! You have your own room! Cool. But, do they know you put up the KISS posters and stuff? I mean, I like them too, but that one is sort of scary. And the Bon Jovi one, he's half naked. I'll have to confiscate that. Oh, the Matthew McHottyhey too!

I love your book, so far! I am reading it slowly, but surely. I'm so busy with all the stuff the K2 evil ones make me do, they are slave drivers.. *sniffs* LOL. Nah! But, I am busy! Honest! Doing good things, not putting your name and number in the bathroom under the words "For a Good Time Call" or anything like that.

Be seein ya!

loridbingley
March 25th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Hey, Jennzilla!!

Don't be knocking my posters!! The Kiss one.....well, we all like a little tongue, right?? Bon Jovi? It's the hair. He's a cutie. And I loved him on Ally McBeal.

As for McHotteyhay............oh .........drool city!! I got to see him on my birthday in "Failure to Launch". Let me tell ya - I would NOT kick that man out of bed for eating crackers! Or cake, or fish, or whatever he wants as long as he's naked while he eats it. Yummy!!

Thanks for reading my book! I know you'll love it! You'll have to let me know if you figure out who the killer is !! (Off the loop, of course!!)

Lori

Karenne
March 25th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well I am not OLD...and I am not a new friend; but I am here and so glad to see you posting Lori!

I want to know more about your book Fraternity. Come on and spill some beans!

loridbingley
March 25th, 2006, 01:47 PM
* * * * * * * * The house was bathed in shadows. A dark cloud covered the once brightly shining moon, and the stars were hidden behind a blanket of dense fog. A dog howled in the distance, and the sound of laughter could be heard from somewhere.

A mask concealing her face, the figure of a woman appeared carrying a flashlight in one hand, a bag slung over the opposite shoulder. She knew she had only a matter of minutes to accomplish her task and needed to move quickly. It was the most perfect of plans, and there could be no mistakes.

She must not get caught.

She made her way into the house, tiptoeing softly from the foyer into the dining room. She knew the residents usually met in the game room every Saturday night to drink and party until the wee hours of the morning. She paused as she listened for their laughter, no doubt patting each other on the back for a job well done. Another girl conquered, another notch in their belts. She wouldn’t doubt that they could show her thousands of belts--each covered with the blood and spirits of those they’d left behind.

Filled with the need for revenge, she reached into her backpack and removed the homemade bomb she’d created in an abandoned warehouse, thanks to the many hours of reading and the Internet access she had been allowed in the hospital. The information she’d found had come in handy for her task.

The clock struck eleven as she turned to leave, and she thought she heard them coming.* It was a shame they all had to perish for one man’s sin, but it was necessary. And she would succeed.

Slipping out quietly, she placed a hand over her mouth to stifle another giggle and breathed a sigh of relief. She wished she could wait to see them discover what she had done--what they all had done--but it was too dangerous.

The night called to her, a comforting friend offering a hand to help her on her way. But just when she thought she had gotten away with murder, she found herself standing in front of one of those faces from the past.

“My God… what… where did you come from?” the other person asked.

She was momentarily startled by this unexpected meeting. She had hoped to take care of it at a later time, but it looked as though she would have to deal with it now.* It was obvious to her what had been going on between the two of them, and it infuriated her beyond all else.

“I’ll tell you what’s going on,” she spat. “You’re about to die.”

She grabbed the intruder’s arm and pulled her out the door before she could protest. Moments later, the sudden blast filled the air with a great wind, sending them both flying backwards into the dust. The force of the impact took her breath away, and she covered her face to protect it even as she saw her companion bombarded with the falling debris. The sound was deafening--similar to a jet plane as it prepared for lift off. The reverberation of falling pieces from the once-grand fraternity house were as light as a rainfall, yet as intimidating as a roaring thunderstorm.

And so it begins.

Karenne
March 25th, 2006, 03:11 PM
ohhh! Thanks...trotting over to Champagn Books now! (grin)

jennzilla
March 25th, 2006, 06:18 PM
What shall you pay me for my silence? *grins* Great story, very dark excerpt up there too. It really grabs you. I won the book as I am sooo smart and some junk. LOL Buy this book!!!!! It's great!

Linda L Lattimer
March 25th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi Lori

Welcome to Coffee Time. I have had the opportunity of reading your books, and loved each one I read. Keep up the good work!

Linda
:o 8) :-*

loridbingley
March 26th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Thank you, Linda, for stopping by. You, too, are a talented and wonderful author! I appreciate you taking time to post. Take care!

Lori

Wateena
March 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Hello Lori, WOW, As you know I got to review and LOVED your A SISTER'S SECRET, I have been so far behind have not been able to read this one yet, but it is in my TBR pile I promise, and everytime I see a little more about it, I Think DARN! I cannot wait to read it.

HUGS

kat
March 26th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Just stopping by to see your new "digs". Looking good. Can't wait for the coffee and cake session when you have your "moving in party".

Best of luck

Kat

loridbingley
March 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
thanks, Kat!! Mmmmmm..........cake, eh? Darn, I just started my diet again. Can't eat cake. At least, not after 7. I just finished the treadmill and my abs, so I'm being a good girl and sitting here with a bottle of water.

But hey - if you want to sneak in a cheesecake - I won't tell!! Thanks for stopping by!

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
May 31st, 2006, 05:57 PM
Hi Lori

Are you working on any more suspenseful novels?? You pen some fascinating ones!

hugs Linda :o ::)

loridbingley
May 31st, 2006, 06:10 PM
Hi, Linda! Thanks for asking. Yes, I have a new release coming this October with Champagne Books entitled "The Confession". This happens to be MY favorite book that I've written so far, so I'm very excited about it. I love the mystery, and the relationship between the two main characters is very dear to me as well. This story only took three weeks to write - I had just had a baby at the time, and was up all night with her anyway. She would be feeding and I would be writing. I often joke that I have as many children as I do books - so I had to stop producing one of them........

Bring on the books!!!!!!!! LOL

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
June 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Lori, that is good news, thanks for sharing. I will look forward to it.

hugs Linda :)

Karenne
June 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hi, Linda! Thanks for asking. Yes, I have a new release coming this October with Champagne Books entitled "The Confession". This happens to be MY favorite book that I've written so far, so I'm very excited about it. I love the mystery, and the relationship between the two main characters is very dear to me as well. This story only took three weeks to write - I had just had a baby at the time, and was up all night with her anyway. She would be feeding and I would be writing. I often joke that I have as many children as I do books - so I had to stop producing one of them........

So Lori...why is it YOUR favorite? Spill the dirt!

loridbingley
June 10th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Why is it my favorite? Good question. I had such an attachment to this book while writing it. Perhaps it's because I did it when my girl, Nicole, was born (she's 5 now). She was an infant sitting in a baby seat while I typed away - sometimes at 3 in the morning. I also loved it because it was the first - and still remains the only - book that I stayed with from start to finish. I worked on it every day, and couldn't stop myself from dabbling - even a few pages at a time. I thought about it when I wasn't writing, and it was like I was reading it at the same time. I would tell myself "Just one more chapter and then I'll go to bed" and it reminded me of all the books that I loved to read, that would keep me up at night.

I'm anxious to see how readers feel about this book. Thanks for asking!

Lori

Karenne
June 10th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I heard that you have your book on the book shelfs in a local book store? Do ya? Huh?????

loridbingley
June 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM
YES!! I'm so excited to report that "Fraternity" is now on the shelves at our local Chapters (Indigo) store!! I thought I would go in and take a snapshot of the book on the shelf.......seemed like a good idea at the time.......but once I was inside the store, I became ....*looks around to be sure Jenn isn't listening* SHY. Yes, me! I was shy! So instead I hid the camera in my purse and sneaked up to the shelf where Fraternity was (in the "D" section....for my maiden name, Derby) and pulled the camera out, clicked the picture, and shoved the camera back in. I looked around to be sure no one was looking! LOL. Then I noticed I was also in the 'Great Books from Atlantic Canada" section!! So I had to take a picture of that too. Again, with looking around, taking out the camera, etc.

Boy, will they get a good laugh when they look at the security feed!! They're probably thinking "Why didn't she just BUY the book???" lol.

Look for "The Confession" coming soon !!!!!!!!!

Karenne
June 11th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Well...where can we buy your ebooks?

When does Confession come out? Have you told us about it? :-*

loridbingley
June 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
My ebooks are available online at www.champagnebooks.com, www.fictionwise.com, and MY FAVORITE SITE.............COFFEE TIME!! Yes, at the Coffee Time Romance bookstore - you can get "A Sister's Secret", and "Fraternity"..........to purchase my other books, visit my website at www.loriderbybingley.com for more details.

As for Confession.......I don't have an edited excerpt, but keep watching! I'll post something as soon as possible!!

"A father's startling confession makes one woman face a past she longs to forget, by trusting the one man who forces her to face it."

It's the story of Tahlia Edwards, a top advertising executive, who has tried for years to run from her past; and Jake Randall, a private investigator who forces her to face it. He has been hired by an anonymous party to investigate the murder of Tahlia's father - who also was accused of murdering Tahlia's high school sweetheart. Tahlia goes home to try and find out once and for all the answers to these burning questions: Who really killed her fiance, Kenny? What happened to her father? Was she responsible for both murders and, if so, why was she suddenly being targeted by the killer?

Keep watching for an excerpt - coming soon to a computer near you!

Lori

Karenne
June 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
That sounds great! Soooooo love the good mystery!

Linda L Lattimer
July 29th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Yes, Lori, sharing my two cents worth, actually more about Coffee Time, it is an awesome place to visit and spend the day or evening
;D

loridbingley
July 29th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Yes, it is. Even on this hot day when I'm ready to jump in the ocean, I love coming here to chat with the people from Coffee Time!!

Now bring on the chocolate!!!! lol

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
August 10th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Lori

I heard your book signing went well, that is good to hear. I wish I could have been there but my thoughts were with you. 8) ;)

loridbingley
August 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks, Linda! Yes, the signing went well - despite the fact that it was a beautiful day and most people probably went to the beach! I did, however, sell 12 books, so I was happy with that! Thanks for thinking of me! Take care!

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
August 15th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Wow, Lori, 12 books, that was quite a lot of books. I wish you the best with your writing...just think, all those who bought your book, will tell others and they will tell others,

hugs Linda ;)