PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite sci-fi author?

Annie Nicholas
January 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm a HUGE CJ Cherryh fan. I must have read each of her space operas at least twice. They may not come up under romance in the book stores but she writes enough of relationships in their that I'm satisfied. Definitely not an erotic read though. LOL Her stories are so compelling and the characters are strong.

Anyone else a fan? If not, who do you like an why?

hollie
January 1st, 2010, 03:28 PM
Oh this could be such a long list Laugh it Up fuzball

I love anything Paranormal or Sci-Fi especially if it id in a series i like series best

Sheryl Nantus
January 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
I bounce all over the place, but I have to go with my first love - Ray Bradbury... and Asimov. Oh, and Anne McCafferty. And Patricia Briggs. And H.G. Wells. And...

Whoops.

See what happens once you get me started?

:D

Annie Nicholas
January 1st, 2010, 04:15 PM
The Dragons of Pern was one of my first sci-fi reads. I used to be really into fantasy and the name fake me out. What a great read. My fav was The White Dragon, little Ruth.

CharmedGirl
January 2nd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Patricia Briggs is pretty good.

Shelley Munro
January 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
SL Viehl is hard to beat with her Stardoc series. Her books are riveting, and she really keeps the reader guessing as to what is going to happen next.

Shelley

Annette
January 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I love anything in the paranormal Romance areas and i guess im mostly into anything dealing with Vampires and all those other wonderful characters of make believe. i feel that why read normal romance when you can get it at home. and its always more fun when the authors mixes the Paranormal with reality. thats why authors like Charlain Harris and Laurell K Hamilton have a great big soft spot in my heart. and i also love Sherrilyn Kenyou. Dark hunter/Werehunter series and Patricia Briggs.And i am discovering New authors everyday.

Dani
January 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I love, love, love Patricia Briggs, Keri Arthur, Yasmine Galenorn, Charlaine Harris, oh the list could go on. Okay, so these can be classified more as Urban Fantasy than anything, but they're still great!

astonwest
January 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I like my writing, but that's just blatant bias.

Another notable author I enjoy is KM Tolan, who's also with Champagne Books. :)

Dominique_Eastwick
January 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I would have to say Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Karen Marie Moning. :)

Angel Martinez
January 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Do we have to pick? *tries not to whine* I love C.J. Cherryh, though her SF tends to be better than her fantasy (love the Chanur novels - man that's heart-pounding stuff.)

I adore Lios McMaster Bujold. Love the Miles books - they don't sit on the romance shelf but it's space opera romance any way you slice it.

Anne McCaffery was a favorite of mine when I was young - still re-read her books now when I need a pick me up.

Love Orson Scott Card, Ray Bradbury (who said to write every day - so I do) Dan Simmons, Carol Berg (oh, wait, she's fantasy) and C. S. Friedman (oh, boy, there's some mind-bending stuff for you)

Oh, wait, wait, I forgot Ursula LeGuin (smacks forehead) - how could I? She's the very reason I write anthro-SF in the first place. :D