PDA

View Full Version : Anita Blake Wallpaper

The_Khan
April 16th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I've added Anita Blake wallpaper added to the link below, please enjoy my friends :)
http://dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7647#7647

Regina
April 16th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Very nice! :-)

The_Khan
April 16th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I'm happy you like it :) I'll let you know when there is more :)

jennzilla
April 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM
My hubby's comic dealer friend gets me all the Anita Blake comics. *pauses* Ok, so I guess he's my comic dealer friend too and he gets me all the Anita Blake comics :lol: Ahem, anyway, at first we had to wait a LONNNG time because they ran out as apparently, those freaks at the DC didn't take into account all the LKH fans (us comic geek girls) who'd jump on the funny page bandwagon and buy up all the copies they shot out. So, because I had to wait.. he gave me TWO copies of the big poster of JC like that wallpaper. :swoon:

That was great because then I got to share one with my good friend Deb in Texas, who is also a big LKH fan. She loved it it too.

These are beautiful.. thanks!! But of course, you know I'm just waiting for them to do up Shang Da. Dam diggity

The_Khan
April 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
Jennzilla my friend, I'm happy to hear of your excitement about the Anita Blake Adaptation :) We will continue to give you the best quality. Just to wet your appetite a bit. After issue #6, there will be the two original Anita Blake stories, a Handbook, and the Hardcover. After those come out we will resume with issue #7 ;)

Also please don't forget that we will also be doing Kinley McGregor's Lords of Avalon series :)

The_Khan
April 24th, 2007, 02:36 PM
[/URL]

There are some new wallpapers going up today. We have one for MAGICIAN and another for ANITA BLAKE ;) If you're a fan of any of our comics please feel free to let me know what wallpaper you would like to see next. Whatever you have in mind from the pages of our comics, don't be shy, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you :)

[U]http://dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=565 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=74)

jennzilla
April 24th, 2007, 07:17 PM
I'm getting the handbook of AB next month and hubby ordered me the hardcover as well and he's looking forward to the Knight's of Avalon for himself. I doubt I'll get to touch those though. :dots: I love the ones you've done so far.

Just to know though hubby wanted me to tell you that he loves the Hedge Knight comics the very very best. (yes, he IS reading over my shoulder) PFFFTH!

The_Khan
April 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM
The Handbook is awesome, you'll love it. Lords of Avalon is simply a BEAUTIFUL book! I believe it comes out October/November.

Please tell your Hubby that not only will we give him Hedge Knight, but one day we'll surprise him with...I won't say it, but I'll let his imagination do the rest ;)

Also here is some news on the new Anita Blake Print, enjoy :)

http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=77 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=77)

The_Khan
April 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM
New wallpapers added, enjoy :)

http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=565&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=565&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Interview on my brother and I, enjoy :)

http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2007/03/interview-with-dabel-brothers.html (http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.com/2007/03/interview-with-dabel-brothers.html)

jennzilla
April 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Love all the papers. *sighs* And great interview, congrats! I think it's neat that you and your bro work together. I'd probably skin my baby brother alive if I had to work with the little heathen day in and day out. Gah!! Yeah, he'd get a few licks in first but I'd win in the end as I'm older and meaner, oh and a girl and some good junk like that.
:devil:

The_Khan
April 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
I'm happy you love all the wallpapers Jennzilla my friend :) There'll be some more going up next week and I'll keep you updated. Thanks! Yes, my brothers and I get along really well. We also have one younger sister and she keeps us all in line, lol :) So I know from personal experince that you would win against your brother ;)

Regina
May 11th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Oh, wow! These are both great. :-)

The_Khan
May 14th, 2007, 09:53 AM
I'm happy you like them Regina my friend :)

maura
May 14th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks, I hadn't seen them before. Very cool!

Maura

The_Khan
May 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
You're welcome :)

The_Khan
May 16th, 2007, 01:43 PM
1) The Hedge Knight II: The Sworn Sword:

Here are the first five colored pages of issue #1 from The Hedge Knight II: The Sworn Sword , enjoy :)

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START-->forum.newsarama.com/showt...p?t=112818 (http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=112818)<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

Also some additional news!

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START-->www.dabelbrothers.com/ind...ticleid=90 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=90)<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

2) Anita Blake:

Some news about Anita Blake: The First Death, enjoy :)

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START-->www.dabelbrothers.com/ind...ticleid=91 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=91)<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

3) Malazan Book of the Fallen:

The sketch of Anomander Rake has been added to the link, enjoy :)

dabelbrothers.com/ren/mz/

4) (New Adaptation) Kinley MacGregor's Lords of Avalon: Sword of Darkness:

Well, here comes Kinley MacGregor's LORDS OF AVALON: SWORD OF DARKNESS adaptation, enjoy :)

<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START-->www.dabelbrothers.com/ind...ticleid=92 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=92)<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->

Lainey
May 17th, 2007, 12:34 AM
CONGRATS ... YOU HAVE SOMETHING really great there ... am happy for you Dabel seems to be on a roll too so that is neat ...

The_Khan
May 17th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you Lainey my friend :)

The_Khan
May 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Hi my friends, how are you? I just wanted to let you all know that there will be a slight change in our “Westeros Wednesday” promotion, and knowing me, you know it’s going to be good ;) Imagine this, opening up one of our comics and seeing yourself standing in the world of Westeros, or Midkemia, or being a vampire within the world of Anita Blake, yep, I think you’ve guessed it, all summer long we’ll be hosting a contest where if you win, instead of winning just a sword, you’ll get to appear in a future Dabel Brothers fantasy title as a character! We’ve all done it, dressed up as our favorite comic book character. But how many of us can tell our friends that we’ve appeared in a comic book, especially when it’s a book from a company like Dabel Brothers Productions? We’ll have all the details up for you on Westeros Wednesday (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:date Month="6" Day="20" Year="2007">June 20<SUP>th</SUP>, 2007</st1:date>) on our website or at participating comic book retailers. And please, DO stop by your local comic shop and tell them to sign up so they’ll have the cool things we’ll be providing for launch day!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

jennzilla
June 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
Hey! I got my handydandy copy of the AB handbook yesterday. Love it and yes, it is handydandy.

The_Khan
June 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I'm happy you got your copy Jennzilla my friend :)

The_Khan
June 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi my friends, below is an interview on Brett Booth the artist for Anita Blake, and also some news on how you can get your hands on the black and white preview edition of Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter #7, enjoy :)

Black and White Preview Edition of AB #7:
http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=114 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=114)

Brett Booth Interview:
http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=115 (http://www.dabelbrothers.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=115)

jennzilla
July 29th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Loved the interview. I too am a bit tired of hero comics and the movies, however, that may be because I'm dragged to them by someone in my household. AB is darker and more adult, so that's why I love it, that and the artwork which is why I buy or steal my husband's comics and read them. LOL. Yeah, I'm guilty of that.
:ph34r:

christinac
September 17th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Hi guys and gals!!
I recently just started reading the Anita Blake series and it is awesome. I haven't got to the comics yet but I am reading Danse Macrabre (sp?) right now and I have to order the harlequin to read.

CharmedGirl
September 23rd, 2007, 07:36 PM
I've started the Anita Blake series but I started reading book three first and I normally start a series at the first book so I know the characters. I found it easy to catch the story from book three though. I am loving this series. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
October 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
Going to start reading Danse Macrabe but I don't know it seems like a part of medoesn't want to be disappointed by it and might be if I read it.

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well I'm finally on the home stretch of the Anita Blake series but I've just started Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris so I'll finish it and then finish the last book in the Anita Blake series. LOL

kjt1029
October 6th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I've added Anita Blake wallpaper added to the link below, please enjoy my friends :)
http://dabelbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7647#7647

I couldn't get this link to work to access the wallpaper. Any suggestions?

christinac
October 9th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I finished reading The Harlequin and was a little disappointed but I hope that everything will get better in the next book!

kjt1029
October 10th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I finished reading The Harlequin and was a little disappointed but I hope that everything will get better in the next book!

It's a bummer that you didn't like it. I liked the Harlequin, due to the fact that Anita become tough again and the story developed her relationships a little more.
I did not like the way the story ended with Richards situation, but hopefully that will change in the future.

DavidsGirl841444
October 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM
ok hearing that it is only ok not so much better is a bad thing I was hoping it was really good but oh well must read it anyway.

I just took it cause it is hard to read it like that after all that happenedin previous books. But now that she may be getting to her bad self it seems like it might be great.

christinac
October 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM
The whole thing that disappointed me was the Richard thing. Richard's got a place in my heart. I think he needs to realize whats foinf on in his head but also look at what anita's doing and realize it's not all bad. But the new lion (Cookie Monster) might be interesting in the new books.

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Oh lion and tigers and bears oh my.

christinac
October 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I don't think we have gotten to bears yet but lions and tigers oh yeah

DavidsGirl841444
October 17th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Oh well we'll get there eventually you just watch.

christinac
October 17th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Yep I had a feeling about that one also. I wish something would happen with Richard where he realized what's right... you know. Also, I think I read somewhere where the next book is suppose to deal with Jason or maybe I dreamed that one up :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 18th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Maybe but that would be a nice dream,

christinac
October 18th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah I definitley agree

DavidsGirl841444
October 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Again who wouldn't?

christinac
October 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
You gotta point

DavidsGirl841444
October 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah of course becasue of my overactive libido and imagination hehehe! Kidding.

christinac
October 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM
:lol: You are hillarious

DavidsGirl841444
October 22nd, 2007, 10:52 AM
No SJ is funny I am just ok I think but thanks so much.

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
You are funny Davidsgirl :lol:

But you're right SJ is definitely the best when it comes to being funny :notworthy:

christinac
October 23rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah SJ is really funny from what I've seen so far

DavidsGirl841444
October 24th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Oh believe me I bow down to SJ as the kind and top funny man around here.

christinac
October 25th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Wow DG you are bowing down......I think I might faint:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Well here is a couple of cushions to faint onto so you don't hurt yourself.

christinac
October 26th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Oh thank you but my head is hard as a rock nothing can hurt it. I'm suprised I haven't been knocked out yet but nope still kicking. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Whoa how did you get your head that way teach me oh wise one.

CharmedGirl
October 28th, 2007, 10:42 PM
OMG I've finally read all 14 Anita Blake books. Well I finished them about a week ago but I haven't posted that here at CTR yet. I think they are an excellent series to read. I really loved them but now I'm starting to read Sookie books 6 & 7 which I'm really looking forward to :tt2:

christinac
October 29th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I think I was born with a hard head I wish I could teach my child but it's something have to born into.
:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 29th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Whoa isn't that tough for the kid i feel so sorry. I still have to read the last two books of anita series just not sure so much I want to.

christinac
October 31st, 2007, 07:04 AM
There good I just feel bad for Richard he was my favorite since I started reading these. But I think the lion "Cookie Monster" might be a next fav, of course under Richard.

DavidsGirl841444
October 31st, 2007, 11:48 AM
Ohh sounds nice must get to theose books.

christinac
November 1st, 2007, 06:56 AM
I can't wait for the next one to come out

DavidsGirl841444
November 1st, 2007, 08:37 AM
Really do you think it will be good as the first ones or the last ones? I hope the first.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
My favourites are still the wereleopards - Micah and Nathaniel. I really like Jason as well. He is a real tease and loves to flirt with Anita whenever possible.

Richard needs to move on if he can't handle Anita's lifestyle. It's not fair to either her nor him what her life has turned into with the ardeur and all. I really liked The Harlequin when I read it and I can't wait for the new book Blood Noir which is out in June 2008 I think.

I've read quite a few books since I read The Harlequin. I've read the final two Sookie books which I loved, I've read Born to be Wilde that was just awesome and I've started to read You Slay Me by Katie McAlister which I am really enjoying. There are a few other books I've read I just can't remember them all. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Whoa you are gobbling down those books. Damn you go girl. I am with you on Richard can't stand the heat get the hell out of the fire. But have reservations on the nathaniel and JAson.

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah I'm getting through my pile of books which is really good. Can't wait to finish the third book of the Aisling Grey series by Katie McAlister which I am currently reading now and am halfway through. Then I'm going to start a book by Nina Bangs that has been on my pile for a few weeks which I should have read already but I haven't. LOL

Then I'm going to start the Cheyenne McCray books I have. I have both her series on my pile but I haven't read them yet and don't know quite what they are about but they sounded interesting so I thought I'd buy them and read them. But I am getting through my pile of books which is a very good thing. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 7th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Whoa I just finished one book that had two books in it witch and curse. And yeah that and doing papers for school which sucks my time up.

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I've just finished reading two books in one. It's one of Laurell K Hamilton's books and it had Micah and Strange Candy in it.

DavidsGirl841444
November 8th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Really so was it anita book or what?

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Micah is an Anita book. It was really good she has to go out of town and Micah goes with her so stay alive. He helps her with the ardeur so it doesn't get out of control.

DavidsGirl841444
November 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Oh I remeber reading that one it was smaller then the other ones like a sdie story it was nice.

Karenne
November 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah..I liked Micah when he first came into the picture but after his first appearance..it was obvious that he is just not as strong as she needs. Sad..but at least he is practicle about things and doesn't get jealous (nice change) and he is supportive of her and the things she needs and isn't as draining.

IMHO

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Oh I remeber reading that one it was smaller then the other ones like a sdie story it was nice.

Yeah that's the story I was talking about DG.

Well we all feel differently about the men in Anita's life but I will always like Micah, Nathaniel, Jason, Jean-Claude and Asher. Richard can just go someplace else and find a new woman for all I care. I'm really looking forward to the new book Blood Noir released in 2008 to see what happens with the animal strains she holds in her body and what sort of new powers she gains if she gains any sort of new power :lol:

I've started A Kiss of Shadows (Merry Gentry Book 1) and I'm really enjoying it I only started it late last night and am already up to page 416. I'll be finished it by tonight and will start the second book pretty much straight after finishing the first one. I love to read! :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
November 11th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I don't know about al those guys just like Jean claude and richard whenhe isn't being a blow hard the rest are ok but don't do it for me.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Wow I finished A Kiss of Shadows early this morning and have started A Caress of Twilight. I'm already up to page 66 so hopefully by tonight I'll be on page 250 or so because it's only 9.18am at the moment which means I have all day on and off to read. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Me I am reading betrayed a vampire school kind of book I like it but more a teen read but its all good.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Who is the book by DG?

DavidsGirl841444
November 14th, 2007, 02:17 AM
P.C.CAST & Kristen Cast mother daughter team i think. I like it.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 08:25 PM
When I bought the Merry Gentry series I was already reading another book and I've only read about 30 pages into it and it was a really good book but now that I'm three quarters through book 3 I'll be able to go back to my other book and finish it by the the beginning on next week. I'm really looking forward to finishing Chosen Prey by Cheyenne McCray.

DavidsGirl841444
November 15th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Whoa you actually stopped another read to read the gentry books whoa I can't ever do that. It is hard for me to put a book down and not finish it first before moving on.

CharmedGirl
November 17th, 2007, 10:38 PM
I just really wanted to read the Merry Gentry series after I heard about it from other people here at CTR. I've read the first five but A Lick of Frost isn't out at the bookstore here in Australia until December 3rd which is a bit of a shame but I'm going back to read my other book now and it's getting really good. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 19th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Ok yeah hey dec 3 around the corner so you'll get it soon.

CharmedGirl
November 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Not soon enough. I've been reading up on A Lick of Frost on some websites and I think I'm going to be crying a lot by the sounds of it. I hate when something sad happens in a book but I think in the end the wrongs are always made right and that's what will happen with the Merry Gentry series. Doyle, Frost and Rhys are my absolute favourites of her lovers. I really can't stand Galen even though Merry has liked him since she's had an interest in the male species. Mistral is another one I can't stand so I'd like to see something happen to those two. I have a feeling that I'm going to really enjoy A Lick of Frost though even if it is sad.

DavidsGirl841444
November 21st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Whoa alot of sad books out there damn.

CharmedGirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah sad books always make me cry but in the end if they are part of a series then you definitely have to read them no matter what.

DavidsGirl841444
November 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Yeah I have to agree again. Especially if they pull your heart strings.

Annette
August 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM
i can not get enough of Merry Gentry and Anita Blake, i have to least read them twice cause the first time i read to fast and then i go a littel bit slower. this last one Blood Noir i really enjoyed. and im looking forward to Swallowing Darkness. :phone: