PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads, Crossroads Revisited & Crossroads Showdown Reviews

ketadiablo
January 9th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Crossroads (the first book in the series)

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/CrossroadsCover-3-1.jpg

"One of the best books I've read and I recommend to everyone!” —Phoebe Jordan, Talk About My Favorite Authors

“The sex scenes were erotic, focusing on domination and submission. The context of the sexual interaction was clever and well written, considering that the sex starts out as semi-non-consensual but ends very consensual. This can be difficult to write because it is uncomfortable if the ‘victim’ goes from being raped to enjoying it for that is an old myth used to romanticize violent sexual interaction. Instead, the author has written a scene of passion and domination that, given the context, works. Overall, this story is pleasant with interesting characters, a good mystery and great sex.” —Rainbow Reviews

“The fact that Frank was Rand's father's partner is definitely not an impediment to their relationship. The hot, steamy sex experienced by these two men is off the charts. When hot, animalistic attraction takes over and compels their bodies to explore territory previously forbidden, nothing can stop it. Ms. Diablo carefully orchestrates the scenes to include just the right amount of fear, stimulation and eroticism. The reader is instantly driven to not only see where the characters end up but also to find out the identity of the Black Rail Killer. The reveal is not what you think and that makes it so much more enticing.” —You Gotta Read Reviews, Five Stars

“I really enjoyed this story. I like crime stories anyway, but throw in this kind of heat between an ex-cop and a young man in trouble, and the sex reaches new levels. Keta Diablo writes a wonderful crime thriller that delves not into the mind of a killer, but into the mind of a former cop who communes with the dead who help him catch the killer. The author’s knowledge of psychic phenomena transfers to this story with insight and believability. There is just the right amount of suspense and drama, even though the storyline was just a little predictable with the little sister’s involvement with the killer, but doesn’t distract the reader in any way. I recommend this short story for anyone who is looking for a walk on the dark side.” —Whipped Cream Erotic Reviews

“The sex scenes between the men are about dominance and submission. But underneath their play, is a love that runs’ deep. While not a super complex story, it is reminiscent of a film noir: the hardboiled detective and the gritty underbelly of certain denizens who stop at nothing to kill their next victims. Bottom line I give the story a 4. For such a short novella, it reads fast and keeps pace from beginning to end. It is intense but never tender, not even Rand. Don’t let it pass you by!” —San Diego Examiner

“I understand there's a follow-up to this book, Crossroads Revisited, scheduled to release this month. This second installment should provide the perfect opportunity to experience more of the suspense I enjoyed, and gives me something to look forward to--further exploration of a potentially highly erotic relationship.” —Musings of a Bibliophile

“Keta Diablo brings us love and mystery in Crossroads. Rand is a young man trying to dull the pain of losing the influential men in his life. Frank decided to walk away from those who remind him of the partner he lost. While they both are alike because they don't know how to cope with the loss of Rand's dad, that's where the similarities end. Rand is young, and a bit immature, but when push comes to shove, he's a stand up guy. Frank is a good detective and uses every skill in his arsenal to bring criminals to justice. While I believe they both need each other, Frank's strategic plan to prod Rand into action was a bit rough. This is definitely not your gentle loving kind of story. If you enjoy erotic gay mystery stories cut with an edge of rough demanding encounters, then you'll enjoy Crossroads.” —Fallen Angel Reviews

“Crossroads is charged with dark eroticism and contains a couple of scenes that are intensely sexual in nature. Since they entail dubious consent—definitely not rape, but they probably could have gone in that direction with just a little effort—I have rated the sensuality of this story a 4.5. Overall, I thought this story was quite well done and very worth the read. I can see that Teagan and I will be tussling over who reads Ms. Diablo’s future releases. Heads I win...tails you lose, right?” —Book Wenches, 4.5 Stars!

“I liked this short story; it had me at the edge of my seat. Frank is trying to find the killer and Rand at the same time. Frank had age issues to deal with and Rand had issues of the past climbing out, wanting to be addressed. There was a decision to be made—at the Crossroads.” —Literary Nymphs, Four Stars!

Crossroads Revisited Buy At Phaze Publishing: http://www.phaze.com

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/CrossroadsRevisited-1.jpg

“One of the best books I've ever read and I recommend to everyone!” Phoebe Jordan, Reviewer

“The fact that Frank was Rand's father's partner is definitely not an impediment to their relationship. The hot, steamy sex experienced by these two men is off the charts. When hot, animalistic attraction takes over and compels their bodies to explore territory previously forbidden, nothing can stop it. Ms. Diablo carefully orchestrates the scenes to include just the right amount of fear, stimulation and eroticism. The reader is instantly driven to not only see where the characters end up but also to find out the identity of the Black Rail Killer. The reveal is not what you think and that makes it so much more enticing.” You Gotta Read Reviews, Five Stars

“I really enjoyed this story. I like crime stories anyway, but throw in this kind of heat between an ex-cop and a young man in trouble, and the sex reaches new levels. Keta Diablo writes a wonderful crime thriller that delves not into the mind of a killer, but into the mind of a former cop who communes with the dead who help him catch the killer. The author’s knowledge of psychic phenomena transfers to this story with insight and believability. There is just the right amount of suspense and drama, even though the storyline was just a little predictable with the little sister’s involvement with the killer, but doesn’t distract the reader in any way. I recommend this short story for anyone who is looking for a walk on the dark side.” Whipped Cream Erotic Reviews

“Crossroads Revisited is the sequel to Crossroads. Keta Diablo’s new story takes us back into the lives of Rand and Frank. Rand knows he’s in love with the tough P.I. and just wants Frank to reciprocate. Frank isn’t one to express his love with words, but in his own way, he does attempt to convey his feelings. I could understand Rand’s frustrations, and found myself screaming at Frank to say the words. The story has more than a few erotic scenes that fluctuate between low to moderate doses of BDSM. The plot and subplot both kept my interest, while the conflict Frank and Rand deal with is internal; it reminds me of just how much adjusting new couples have to endure. I found the story entertaining and recommend it to those who enjoy the genre. Literary Nymphs, Four Stars!”

"Bottom line I give the story a 4. For such a short novella, it reads fast and keeps pace from beginning to end. It is intense but never tender, not even Rand. Don’t let it pass you by!” San Diego Examiner

“I understand there's a follow-up to this book, Crossroads Revisited, scheduled to release this month. This second installment should provide the perfect opportunity to experience more of the suspense I enjoyed, and gives me something to look forward to--further exploration of a potentially highly erotic relationship. Musings of a Bibliophile”

"I liked this short story; it had me at the edge of my seat. Frank is trying to find the killer and Rand at the same time. Frank had age issues to deal with and Rand had issues of the past climbing out, wanting to be addressed. There was a decision to be made -- at the Crossroads." Literary Nymphs, Four Stars!

Crossroads Revisited
Buy Here: http://www.king-cart.com/Phaze/product=Keta+Diablo/exact_match=exact

“Fasten your seatbelts -- the characters are still "politically incorrect" and the sex between Rand and Frank is still "HOT ENOUGH TO BURN!" Marci, Goodreads

“Keta Diablo delivers yet another steamy, hot, sexy and mysterious male/male erotic romance novel that will have you panting as well as making you want more and for the story to never end. I was sad to have finished this novel in less than 4 hours but I just couldn't stop reading it until I found out how things would end for Frank and Rand. Now that I've read it I hope that Ms. Diablo will finishing writing up the last novel in the Crossroads series and give me more about Frank and Rand. I so want them to make it. After reading my second male/male erotic romance I want to read more and look forward to reading any more male/male erotic romance by Keta Diablo and other amazing authors. ” Talk About My Favorite Authors Reviews, Five Stars!

“This book highlights Rand’s attempt to deny his sexuality and Frank’s quest to help him cross the line willingly.

The dialogue and the set up for the scenes are phenomenal. Great thought has got to be put into whose limbs go where and how certain positions are accomplished. I find Ms. Diablo to be flawless in that regard.

The mystery portion of the story seems to be the back story, but I think the reader can decide what the main story line is and what the minor story line is. Bringing in a character that is integral to Rand and Frank’s past is fantastic. It allows for more emotion than instinct when it comes to unraveling the killer. Crossroads Revisited is a great read and definitely worth not only buying but reading over and over again.” You Gotta Read Reviews, 4 Stars

“The plot is strongly crafted and well written. The tension builds steadily throughout the story. This reader really liked that not everything is perfectly answered ~ just the important things. Although this is technically a sequel, this story completely stands on its own. I thoroughly enjoyed this and think you will too!” Rainbow Reviews 4.5 Stars!

Crossroads: Revisited is the sequel to Crossroads. Keta Diablo’s new story takes us back into the lives of Rand and Frank. Rand knows he’s in love with the tough P.I. and just wants Frank to reciprocate. Frank isn’t one to express his love with words, but in his own way, he does attempt to convey his feelings. I could understand Rand’s frustrations, and found myself screaming at Frank to say the words. The story has more than a few erotic scenes that fluctuate between low to moderate doses of BDSM. The plot and subplot both kept my interest, while the conflict Frank and Rand deal with is internal; it reminds me of just how much adjusting new couples have to endure. I found the story entertaining and recommend it to those who enjoy the genre. Four Stars, Literary Nymphs

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/Wicked.gif

CROSSROADS: Showdown (the third book in the series)

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/Crossroads-Showdown.jpg

My heart is still pounding. This is the best suspense I have read in a long time. The action was non-stop. The twists and turns came out of the blue and left me breathless. The psychic elements were wonderful and the ending was brilliant. Not overdone, no long drawn out scenes. It was simply wonderful. Both Frank and Rand are well thought out, the sex is hot and vividly described. When they are together, it’s raw yet beautiful. I can’t call it a complaint, because I loved the story as is. But it is the suspense of the book that carries the story. The ‘Romantic’ part of ‘Romantic Suspense’ is not an integral part of SHOWDOWN. But even without a strong romance within the story, it still a book to stay on the keeper shelf. The story stands alone, but I think I want to truly get to know the characters. So I’m off to read the first two in the series, Crossroads and Crossroads Revisited.” —Seriously Reviewed, 8.5 out of 10!

“Keta Diablo is one of my favorite Erotic Romance Authors. In Crossroads: Showdown she delivers yet another steamy, hot, sexy and mysterious male/male erotic romance novel that will have you panting as well as making you want more. You won’t want the story to end since you only get a peek at Frank's new side. I was sad I finished this novel in less than six hours, but I couldn't stop reading it until I found out how things would end for Frank and Rand. I hope Keta Diablo will finish writing the last novels in the Crossroads series so I can see if their relationship will make it. I give this 5 open books!” —Phoebe Jordan, Talk About My Favorite Authors

“Crossroads: Showdown by Keta Diablo is a wonderful paranormal mystery. Although it is the third book in the series, it completely stands alone as it's own story. Frank and Rand engage in some steamy sexual encounters that are well written and very visceral. These scenes are filled with intense passion. Giving them even more impact is the underlying emotions and desires of the two men, which is seamlessly revealed and completely understandable. The story is well paced and the writing compelling. Each scene flows smoothly from one to the next.” —Rainbow Reviews

“Crossroads: Showdown took the parent in me on a road I could only hope never to walk down personally. Keta Diablo hit on the emotions of everyone involved splendidly without making the story too morose. Frank’s demons were definitely out to play this round, but it was nice to see him shove them to the side and do what he knew in his heart was right. Rand is growing into a fine young man. I love his fire and energy and his ability not to back down, especially when it comes to his happiness. The story moves at a pretty fast pace, but I didn’t feel rushed. I found the story enjoyable and recommend it to those who enjoy reading gay suspense.” —Literary Nymphs, FIVE STARS!

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/Crossroads-Showdown.jpg

ketadiablo
March 2nd, 2010, 01:57 AM
<!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-QObDTmXssFc/TXPkRX0tBCI/AAAAAAAAAik/d3EGtiVOJp8/s1600/Crossroads+200+by+300.JPG

*NEW* REVIEWS - Crossroads, Book 1
Keta Diablo
Gay Fiction: paranormal, mystery, suspense and thrills available here:

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=crossroads+diablo

Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/i7QzoX

Books We Love Spice: http://bwlpp.com/spice.php

First Place for Romance: http://1placeforromance.com/manlove/crossroads-book-1/prod_3804.html

About Crossroads (Novella 1)
Private investigator and ex-cop Frank McGuire is on a quest to find his dead partner's missing son. Rand Brennan has an identity issue, exacerbated since the death of his father. Hoping to find himself, Rand drops out of college, takes to the streets, and doesn't realize he's embroiled in duplicity and murder. In order to save Rand, Frank must confront the nefarious killers, and confront his long-suppressed feelings for Rand.

CROSSROADS Snippets of Reviews (Novella 1)

WARNING: This series has elements of intense, graphic sexual activity

”Crossroads makes for one highly charged and erotic read, Frank in all his alpha male, is the boss and what he say goes, no questions asked. Finding Rand means finding trouble because Rand is in the thick of it. Not able to hold back from the man Rand has become Frank is overwhelmed. Danger and a killer is hot on their heels and Rand and Frank have in their possession the key to capturing the killer.” – 4.5 Stars - Book Junkie

“This story is not for the meek. Be prepared for in your face angst and carnal lust that crosses accepted boundaries. But in the end, you’ll have read a story of two unforgettable men. Thankfully, this is the first in the series and Frank and Rand have time to explore their volatile relationship. I’ll be coming along with them, because as disturbing as some parts were, I’m hooked.” - Seriously Reviewed

“The sex scenes were erotic, focusing on domination and submission. The context of the sexual interaction was clever and well written, considering that the sex starts out as semi-non-consensual but ends very consensual. This can be difficult to write because it is uncomfortable if the ‘victim’ goes from being raped to enjoying it, used to romanticize violent sexual interaction. Instead, the author has written a scene of passion and domination that, given the context, works. Overall, this story is pleasant with interesting characters, a good mystery and great sex. Enjoy!” – Rainbow Reviews
[I]The hot, steamy sex experienced by these two men is off the charts. When hot, animalistic attraction takes over and compels their bodies to explore territory previously forbidden, nothing can stop it.

“Ms. Diablo carefully orchestrates the scenes to include just the right amount of fear, stimulation and eroticism. The reader is instantly driven to not only see where the characters end up but also to find out the identity of the Black Rail Killer. The reveal is not what you think and that makes it so much more enticing.” You Gotta Read – Our Top Rating! 5 Stars.

I encourage you to read Crossroads, and when you do, think about what "homoerotic thriller" means. When you see this disclaimer, "Elements: scenes of intense sexual activity", you have to know that this isn’t going to be your typical romance full of soft core love. The BDSM play isn’t mild to say the least. The author does an amazing job with Frank and Rand. They are both men, and that’s what this story is about. We know this is a series. We know the characters have to change in order to keep the series going, and Diablo created two amazing men to do just that.” 5 Stars – Michele & Jeff Reviews

Keta Diablo is one of my favorite erotic romance authors. Because I enjoyed her erotic historical romances, I bought her new male/male contemporary romance Crossroads. Diablo delivers a steamy, hot, mysterious erotic novel that will make you want more. I couldn't stop reading Crossroads until I found out how things would end for Frank and Rand. I’ll be reading more gay fiction books by Ms. Diablo and must give this book 5 Stars. Talk About My Favorite Authors.

“I really enjoyed this story. I like crime stories, but throw in the heat between an ex-cop and a young man in trouble, and the sex reaches new levels. Keta Diablo writes a wonderful crime thriller that delves not into the mind of a killer, but into the mind of a former cop who communes with the dead who help him catch the killer. The author’s knowledge of psychic phenomena transfers to this story with insight and believability. There is just the right amount of suspense and drama. I recommend this short story for anyone who is looking for a walk on the dark
side.” 4 Stars – Whipped Cream Erotic Review

“Crossroads is charged with dark eroticism and contains a couple of scenes that are intensely sexual in nature. Since they entail dubious consent – definitely not rape, but they probably could have gone in that direction with just a little effort – I have rated the sensuality of this story a 4.5. Overall, I thought this story was quite well done and very worth the read. I can see that Teagan and I will be tussling over who reads Ms. Diablo’s future releases. Heads I win…tails you lose, right?” 4.5 Bookwenches.
“I loved this book! I'm new to this author--this is only the second story of hers that I've read, but it definitely got me hooked, both on her as an author and on this series. The sex was SO hot. It wasn't just smoking--it was flaming! The way she took it from forced seduction to consensual sex was so skillfully done, it just left you panting for more. I found this to be an excellent read--well-written with great attention to detail (especially regarding the crime/detective aspect). I rated it 5 out of 5 stars, and I will definitely read the rest of this series!” Jalane C. Reader

"Intense and dark, Crossroads by Keta Diablo takes us into the gritty realism of dealing with drugs, death and decisions. Diablo has penned a story not for the faint at heart. Violence and death add to the realism while the relationship between Rand and Frank adds the unusual romance, making this noel of two men at a Crossroads strangely compelling. There are all sorts of relationships in this world, and Keta Diablo shows just one, one that works in Crossroads. Don’t miss this one! You will be looking for the others in the series when you’re done with this gripping tale. 4 Stars – Sensual Reads

Follow Keta’s Gay Fiction Blog for latest news on her releases: http://thestuffofmythandmen.blogspot.com (http://thestuffofmythandmen.blogspot.com/)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z97Otb9hcK0/TICdLNv_PuI/AAAAAAAAAb0/qu1ahOpZ64c/s200/Keta&#37;27s+badge.jpg
(http://thestuffofmythandmen.blogspot.com/)

<o></o>