PDA

View Full Version : Carnal Cravings Reviews

ketadiablo
January 9th, 2010, 03:21 AM
THIS BOOK IS NOW RELEASED AND LENGTHENED AS MAGNOLIA HEAT - See the Magnolia Heat Thread

Reviews below are when the book came out as Carnal Cravings:

“This bright jewel of a short story demonstrates in dramatic terms what happens when you believe you should not have something: you think about it all the time. Taking place during the most sexually repressive era in America, when young men and women were only supposed to think about sex in the context of marriage and then only in terms of procreation, not pleasure, the tale revolves around some of the inevitable ‘underground’ activities inevitable during such repression.

Craven, both desperately ashamed of and driven by his desires, is a thoroughly engaging character, poignant and sympathetic, while Dominic is absolutely delicious as the decadent, powerful lord of the manor. Their meeting and subsequent budding relationship proceeds in a smoothly written, flowing style, intense and heated on both sides. Craven’s story is beautifully written and well-crafted. His whirlwind journey from anxious peeping tom to willing sub is well worth the read and I will be looking for more from Ms. Diablo in the future (especially if Craven and Dominic are involved. Book of The Week and 4.5 Stars” Manic Readers Reviews

Craven and his friend Anthony discover they're in over their heads the night they're caught spying on Beresford Hall. But when Craven meets the dark, mysterious Dominic Beresford, he wonders if fate really does step in and take you by surprise when you least expect.

"Both boys are treated to carnal delights that are erotically written and hot, hot, hot to read. The sexual interactions are still incredibly well written. Keep a cold glass of water around to help cool you down while you read.” Rainbow Reviews.

“I've been eyeing Keta Diablo's Land of Falling Stars for months now. However, this happens to be the first story I've read by her. Considering the length of the tale, she still managed to pull me in and make me appreciate her characters' desires, needs and flaws. Craven, being the more sensitive of the two, balanced out Dominic's alpha character beautifully. Dominic was tired of engaging in meaningless releationships, and Craven was desperate for a relationship. The timing was perfect for these lovers.

I also enjoyed the change in backdrop. I read a lot of historical romances and most take place in England, so to have one taking place here was a really nice change. Carnal Cravings is an extremely hot read. The scenes that transpired throughout are enough to make you squirm. If you are looking for a steamy m/m romance that will be a quick read, then look no further.” Goodreads Reader

“Carnal Cravings may be a short novella, but it had my heart pounding more than one time, and for completely different reasons. This book has a touch of suspense, a few horrible memories from Craven, and several very hot sex scenes between sexy men. What more could you ask for? Despite the short length of the book, I was drawn in and held captive by the mysterious Dominic and the sweet, young Craven. This book moves along at a very fast pace, keeping you on the edge of your seat, panting for more. Carnal Cravings is a great, quick read to heat you up and leave you satisfied. The scene in which Craven has memories of his childhood and Nurse Evans might make you shudder and cringe for poor young Craven, but his life is looking up just fine with Dominic in the picture.” Rated 4 ½ Delightful Divas – Dark Diva Reviews.

The way Keta Diablo breathes life into her characters is fabulous. From the sexy mysterious Dominic Beresford to the unassuming student Craven, I was hooked from page one. I loved both characters equally. What I found very poignant was how vulnerable both Dominic and Craven were. Even though Dominic came from money, had a title and property, he was still longing for that special someone and was unsure how Craven would accept him in the end.

Carnal Cravings was a great read from beginning to end, spicy hot, but you’re forewarned, if you don’t enjoy gay fiction, then skip it. But if you do, pick it up and be prepared to love it as much as I did. Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem Reviews, Five Stars