PDA

View Full Version : The Sin Eater's Prince - Reviews

ketadiablo
January 9th, 2010, 03:46 AM
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr293/ketadiablo/TheSinEatersPrince1.jpg

Buy This Now From RAVENOUS ROMANCE: http://www.ravenousromance.com

Five Things I Love About The Sin Eaterís Prince by Keta Diablo
January 11, 2010 10:01 PM EST

Sin eater: One gifted with magic, able to absorb the sins of a dying person so that personís soul is free to go unencumbered to heaven. In Keta Diabloís (http://ketadiablo.gather.com/) paranormal erotic romance The Sin Eaterís Prince, the sin eater is Owen Rhys, a pariah in his small village in Wales. Since his father died, Owenís only friend is Carys, the physicianís assistant. Owen harbors a secret longing for Carysís employer, the unbelievable beautiful healer Andras Maddock. Andras has his own magical secret: heís a long tooth, a vampire. Their undeniable attraction puts Owen in grave danger.

There is much to love in this lush novel from Ravenous Romance; here are my five favorites.

1. The hypnotic cover. From under a gray hood, the vampire stares at us. His eyes are icy blue, his hair and long eyelashes black, his gaze both beautiful and terrifying. This is Dagan, a nasty--but gorgeous--vamp who threatens to put a serious damper on Owen and Andrasís relationship. The cover perfectly captures what Owen feels: attraction and revulsion at once toward this terrible being.

2. The Welsh language and lore. The native, Celtic language of Wales is notoriously difficult (and un-phonetic) for English speakers. They spell Wales ďCymru,Ē for crying out loud! Keta Diabloís story is laced with strange Welsh folklore, history, and myth, as well as those lovely Celtic words. Lest the reader be unable to keep up, though, there is a glossary of Welsh terms, fromAnnwyn to Uffern.

3. The vampireís prayer. Dagan offers an eerily beautiful but chilling prayer to his Dark Lord, the devil. For readers who like their vamps scary and dangerous, the vampireís prayer delivers just the right touch of evil. An excerpt:

ďWhatever flows through your body, flows through mine. I am in your likeness, he who feeds on the warm, red elixir of life. I am the dreaded vampire, a blessed composition of your energy, lust and desire. My day is the mortalís night, my sustenance their blood. When earth has witnessed its last day, I shall rise again and serve you for all eternity. ď

4. The kisses. In this very sensual novel, Owen and Andras crave one anotherís touch. No parts of their heavenly bodies go unexplored as they make love desperately, ecstatically. Each encounter begins when Andras looks into Owenís beautiful green eyesÖand then they kiss. Keta Diable is skilled in the art of taut sexual tension, turning up the heat until it boils over with every steamy kiss in passages like this:

ďOwenís touch on his arm, the taste of his lips melding with his, sent a jolt of unbearable pleasure rushing through him. The sin eaterís fingers wound their way into the hair at the back of his neck and Owen drew him deeper into the kiss. Andras parted his lips with his tongue, evoking a breathless moan and a defenseless surrender of his body against Owenís. ď

5. Carys. Even a boy-meets-boy romance can use a female character to root for; in The Sin Eaterís Prince, that woman is Carys. Loyal, determined, and clear-headed (despite her tendency to believe in Welsh superstitions), she is a true friend to both Owen and Andras. Carys is less damsel in distress and more Celtic warrior woman.

Lovers of paranormal erotic fiction will find The Sin Eaterís Prince irresistible for these, and many other, reasons. It contains a well-crafted world of British Isles magic, wonder, and romance.

RELEASE DATE: January 14, 2010 - RAVENOUS ROMANCE

TOP PICK FOR THE SIN EATER'S PRINCE AT LITERARY NYMPHS

Woo-Hoo!

Title: The Sin Eaterís Prince, Author: Keta Diablo
Publisher: Ravenous Romance
Publisher URL: http://www.ravenousromance.com/
ISBN: 9781607773191
Genre: {M/M} Historical, Paranormal
Rating: 5 Nymphs, Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

http://tinyurl.com/ybtmzx5

Being a sin eater is lonely, unrewarding work but itís the only life Owen Rhys has ever known. His people in his small village in Wales only acknowledge the man when their loved ones pass on. But the local physician sees Owenís unique beauty and would have him as a lover, confidant and friend, if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Andras Maddock has more than a soft spot for Owen and no one had better think twice about harming him. Andras and Owen discover their attraction is mutual, but the road to love is rocky. Secrets, hidden pasts and nasty villains will keep Owen and Andras on their toes.

Keta Diabloís The Sin Eaterís Prince pushed Keta onto my list of favorite authors. After reading past stories, I was pleasantly surprised by her latest release and her ability to spread her wings. The Sin Eaterís Prince hits on three of my favorite genres. The realistic characters do a fantastic job of drawing you into the tale. Owen and Andras both have traits that I found enduring but in the end, Owen won me over. With his big heart, and desire to do what was best for all concerned, he was a pauper hero, rich in love and forgiveness.

The way the story ends leaves room for a sequel, and Iím so hoping this story rich and plot and imagery will have a continuing saga. Buy a copy and enjoy!

Book Junkie Review of The Sin Eaterís Prince
http://myfoolishwisdom.blogspot.com/2010/01/keta-diablos-latest-release-sin-eaters.html

FOUR STARS!

Keta Diablo's latest release The Sin Eater's Prince is a truly mesmerizing story and for this reader it was something a little new.

This is Owen's story and he is a Sin Eater as his father before him; cursed and held into a life he didnít choose. The towns folk look upon his as a plague as they know the sight of him carries death. Thing is, Owen is just a man in his mid twenties who has his own desires, and his number one desire is Dr. Andras Maddock, a vampire who he can not help but be attracted to. More than that, Andras pulls every carnal craving out of him. Andras feels the same for Owen and when they touch they are not sin eater and vampire but two people who share an intense attraction toward one another.

Immediately I adored both Andras and Owen. Both men felt as though they were stuck with duty for the oaths theyíve taken. Owen having taken the oath to his father to become a sin eater and carry their legacy. Andras's oath to Owen's father for saving him in the forest all those years ago when left for dead. An oath to never take the blood of a human and to watch and care for Owen upon his death.

Dagan is after Andras who holds a very important and deadly item in which he covets with his very life. Dagan is after the Prince of Walesís sword which Andras posses. Once they capture the sword, their power will increase beyond imagination. This is the same sword that Andras killed his creator, Traherne with. The sword would hold the power to grant the vampires to walk in the daylight.

Danger is all around them in this amazingly brilliant mystical tale. Not without humor and Iím not sure if Keta created the character Carys for that purpose, but I found so much humor in her personality. Sheís an orphan who was taken in by Andras upon the death of her parents and she is a superstitions little thing. Her beauty is unchallenged and I delighted every time her presences came to the page. The banter, although harmless and light, between Owen teasing her and telling her of all the creatures he has spied and her gullibility put a smile on my face and lighten the dark story. She is a believer all things mystical and I just found her dialog appealing.

What began as a lustful longing blossomed into something quite beautiful as the relationship and love between Owen and Andras grew through every page. Owen asking Andras to turn him so he could help fight and protect him against Dagan and his followers was heartwarming. What I liked most about this story was that the underlying love story and it was just that, love.

Thank goodness Ms. Diablo added a glossary at the end, I would have been a little lost if not! I wish more authors would do that!

Sidney Octavian, Male/Male Romance, Goodreads.
January 2010,
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckat%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Georgia; panose-1:2 4 5 2 5 4 5 2 3 3; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.reviewtext {mso-style-name:reviewtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <o></o>
Astonishing! FIVE STARS<o></o>
<o></o>
I never knew what or Sin Eater was and up until now I've never even heard of one and thanks to Keta she brings one to light in this love story between a Sin Eater and a gorgeous vampire. A truly unique mix and I commend Keta for her creativity with this one.

The setting is an era unknown to me, but I picked up on the meaning of certain lingo quickly and I'm proud of myself for it.

Owen is the Sin Eater in this book and he's a man you can't help but fall for. He's unselfish, caring, places the best interests and lives of other above his own believing he's cursed. My heart is with him. Now the vampire Andras is one hot to trot dude. A vampire with the soul and human heart who has been deeply in love with Owen for years and of course there's always that enemy that comes along. Thought he was hot too. laughing:

Yes I enjoyed this book and yes, I believe others will also enjoy it. The story is detailed and lengthy, but rest assured it will leave you wanting more.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckat%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Book Antiqua"; panose-1:2 4 6 2 5 3 5 3 3 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.yshortcuts {mso-style-name:yshortcuts;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The Sin Eater's Prince-
Paranormal Haven Blog<o></o>
Owen Rhys is a sin eater, he visits the recently deceased and eats away their sins so their soul may ascend to heaven. This ability makes him an outcast among his fellow villagers. They all look down on him except for the towns physician, Andras Maddock. Owen is unable to make eye contact with the attractive Andras without his mind being filled with explicit thoughts of the man he loves but thinks he could never have. <o></o>
<o></o>
On his way home from the village one night Owen is nearly killed by the vampire Traherne but is saved by Andras and sees for his own eyes that he is also a vampire. But Andras is not a blood thirsty creature like Traherne. He cares for his fellow townsmen and doesn't feed off of humans. To Owens pleasant surprise Andras also has held a secret love for someone, Owen. <o></o>
<o></o>
There is not much time to embrace their newly admitted love because Dagan, Traherne's son, is not only out to avenge his father's death but to obtain the Prince of Wales' sword that Andras has. But this is no ordinary sword. It contains a magic that allows a vampire to walk in the sun. Owen and Andras soon find out that Dagan will stop at nothing and do anything necessary to posses the sword. <o></o>
<o></o>
**This is a M/M Erotic Paranormal Romance book*
<o></o>
This is the first book by Keta Diablo I've read and I was pleasantly surprised. Not that I automatically expected the book to be horrible but you know how it can be reading a book by an author that is new to you. You are not really sure what to expect. What I got was some memorable characters and an interesting story. Owen and Andras are my favorite as well as Carys who Andras took in after her parents were killed when she was ten. She's a sweet girl who adds a little lightness and innocence to the story whenever she is around. <o></o>
<o></o>
I liked Andras from the start. He really cares for the villagers and does what he can for them even though he is from noble blood and doesn't need to help anyone. He always treats Owen with respect and care which is more than what I can say about the other villagers. Owen is a sin eater which means he eats away the sins from a person's soul right after they dies so their soul can enter heaven. By doing this he takes the burden onto his own soul but are the villagers thankful to him? No, they treat him with disdain and disrespect. I'm glad that Owen doesn't sink to their level and be hateful back but at the same time I wish he would stand up for himself. Owen deserves Andras and the affection that he gives him.<o></o>

The story really takes off and is hard to put down. Dagan is a great villain who radiates evil and power. There was a twist with Owen's character that I didn't expect and a great battle at the end. The Sin Eater's Prince felt like it could be the first book in a series. If Keta Diablo makes this into a series, I would definitely continue to read it. I hope this is not the last time we see Andras and Owen.

<o></o>

<o></o>