PDA

View Full Version : Chili Chicken

Reviewer Danielle
January 12th, 2010, 12:21 AM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chili-Chicken/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=29909194&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2010-01-11&prop28=DailyRecipe&prop29=FullRecipe&me=1

Prep Time:
10 Min

Cook Time:
20 Min

Ready In:
1 Hr 30 Min

Ingredients

2 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed

Directions

In a large bowl, mix together the honey, sweet chili sauce and soy sauce. Set aside a small dish of the marinade for basting. Place chicken drumsticks into the bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange drumsticks on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Baste frequently with the reserved sauce during the last 5 minutes.

Dani
January 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Oh wow. This kinda sounds like buffalo wings, but better. I'll have to try this sometime for sure.

Reviewer Danielle
January 12th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah I am making it tonight. Will let you know what I think. Only difference is I am leaving the skin on.

CharmedGirl
January 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Sounds yummy.

Dani
January 12th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I am making it tonight. Will let you know what I think. Only difference is I am leaving the skin on.
Please do. I'm going to the store soon and I may pick up the stuff to make it with.

Reviewer Danielle
January 13th, 2010, 10:56 AM
OK. So I made this dish. I left the skins on and since I had 16 drumsticks instead of 12 I doubled the recipe and let the chicken sit in the marinade for about 3 hours. Also, since it is the dead of winter and there is no way the grill would get hot enough I used the oven. Setting the temp at 350 Degrees, I baked the chicken for about 35 minutes. Then I basted the remaining marinade on like it asked and baked for another 5 minutes.
This chicken was amazing!!!! I kid you not when I bit into the drumstick, the juices literally poured out of the leg. Unbelievable!

Dani
January 13th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Oh, that sounds so good! Is it spicy at all?

Dominique_Eastwick
January 15th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Oh I think I will have to make this tomorrow night.

Dominique Eastwick.

www.DominiqueEastwick.com (http://www.DominiqueEastwick.com)

Reviewer Danielle
January 18th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Oh, that sounds so good! Is it spicy at all?

Not spicy at all! I don't like hot wings, buffalo wings, or any type of spicy chicken. I am sure if you wanted to add spice you probably could, maybe by adding some cayenne pepper to the chicken or even some chopped jalapenos to the marinade.

Dani
January 18th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Not spicy at all! I don't like hot wings, buffalo wings, or any type of spicy chicken. I am sure if you wanted to add spice you probably could, maybe by adding some cayenne pepper to the chicken or even some chopped jalapenos to the marinade.
Good. I'm just not that into spicy things. Sometimes I will try something that is spicy if someone else has it, but to get it for myself... Nah, I'll pass. I do like spicy food, but it depends on my mood and how spicy (or hot) is it.

Reviewer Danielle
January 18th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Good. I'm just not that into spicy things. Sometimes I will try something that is spicy if someone else has it, but to get it for myself... Nah, I'll pass. I do like spicy food, but it depends on my mood and how spicy (or hot) is it.

I hear ya there. I love spicy chili and pepper is my friend but I have to be in a certain mood.