PDA

View Full Version : January, 2010, Chat With Us!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Good January 2010 morning!

Ready to chat with your Sweetest Romance Authors? :)

Grab a cup of coffee, a couple of those calorie-free brownies our friend, Lynn, has baked and settle back for a fun day!

We appreciate you stopping by. :)

Lynn F
January 14th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Ok I made it, Gosh been so long since I had been here I forgot how to get in LOL
I will be in and out all day Here is the first extra large plate of brownies.

Lynn F
January 14th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Has there been any more messages posted. If there has I am not getting them

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Lynn, we're waiting until 9 a.m. EST, and that would be 8 central. But if you want to chat, I'm here! LOL

Lynn F
January 14th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Oh ok. I just seen the notice we were open, I'll go back to work Trying to get all my Knick Nacks back in the curio cabinet, Still have stuff scattered around, but the carpet looks good LOL See you in a while then

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Good morning Sweeties and visitors. I'm going to be popping in all morning to say hello to ya. I hope everyone is having a great new year. What new books have you read lately?

I've just finished a slew of great reads this month: When the Bough Breaks (Miss Mae), Snow Kissed (Cindy K Green), and 12 Days of Christmas (Linda Swift). All super stories with sweet romance. As of now, I am reading Cup of Joe, an inspirational by a Ms. Teri Wilson, and my son and I are reading the popular new hit series, The Lightning Thief together.

Books are such a joy--among other things--like snow, good friends, and...brownies. Speaking of brownies, I know they're here. Someone always brings them-so stick around!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Okay, I'm munching on those brownies, Lynn. Yum! You know my chocolate addiction, don't you? LOL

So how is everyone today? Staying warmer, I hope? It's supposed to get in the 50's today in north Georgia! A heat wave! LOL

I'd like to say "hello" to everyone, and "welcome" to all who comes over. We love visitors/readers and are eager to get to know all of you! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Books are such a joy--among other things

Good morning, Lynn, and Danielle. Danielle, you're so right. Books are a real joy. They're one of the best affordable entertainment and every bit worth what one initially pays for them. A print book keeps for years, enabling the reader to enjoy them dozens, even hundreds of time! And you never know, one day that book might become a collector's item!

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Lynn, thanks for the brownies! Chocolate is a great way to start the day, especially since it's calorie-free. :giggle:

Miss Mae, your weather's in the 50s? I'm currently enjoying the 30s and several inches of snow that's thinking about melting off.

I look forward to chatting with everyone today!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM
It's me! It's me it's Ernest T! Uh...I mean, Laurie T! After a couple mis-licks I got here. How is everyone this bright, frosty morning?

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Danielle, I've been busy with edits the last couple of weeks, so I haven't done much reading. The last book I read, a thriller called Blackout, wasn't a romance, although I was happy to discover a bit of romance in it!

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hey, Laurie! Great to see you.

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I think I've heard of Blackout. It's almost funny romance has it own genre to me, since face it, just about every story out there has little bit of it in it like you said.

I haven't done this much reading in months, but I got an e-reader for Christmas, so I'm catching up on all the ebooks on my TBR list, and using gift cards for the print editions I've been waiting for. It also helps I'm starting third edit on a manuscript--it's the first round of writing that I can't do much reading because my brain is tired.

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Good morning, Laurie T (Laurean). You're awful chipper this morning!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Laurie and E.A. Good to see you this morning. :)

E.A., it's not in the 50's yet, but supposed to be later in the day. And I can't wait! LOL

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Good morning to our guests/visitors! Please help yourselves to the coffee and those sticky, gooey brownies!

If we can answer any questions, feel free to fire away. :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone. I thought everyone else had taken a coffee break. I could see the forrmer posts but no one replied. Then I clicked on Java Junction and scrolled down the page to find Sweetest Romance Authors Chat, and....when I clicked that, I found everyone had replied to my post. So am I at the right place now?

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Just trying to wake up, Danielle. I have a cup of herbal tea. I added Chocolate Chai tea to it and came up with a tasty concoction. Mmmmm! What is the discussion this morning?

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Everyone. I thought everyone else had taken a coffee break. I could see the forrmer posts but no one replied. Then I clicked on Java Junction and scrolled down the page to find Sweetest Romance Authors Chat, and....when I clicked that, I found everyone had replied to my post. So am I at the right place now?

Yes, Laurie. This is the thread where we're chatting! Good to see you! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Who has contests today? It's up to you when you choose to announce it, but what prize are you awarding?

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thought I'd mention...has anyone had one of those aggravating days when your site/blog wants to go wonky on you?

My blog hadn't been downloading right for the last couple of days, so yesterday I had to go shopping for a new one. Whew, it takes hours getting all your widgets back!

This is a bit "green", but what do you guys think? How does it look?

http://missmaesite.blogspot.com

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I'd like to introduce myself to anyone who's not familiar with me, or my books.

This is my "official" bio: :)

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME&#37;7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Miss Mae is an award winning, best selling author. “Said the Spider to the Fly”, published by The Wild Rose Press, has consistently rated outstanding reviews and has won the esteemed title of Best Book of the Week for The Long and the Short of It Reviews and from The Romance Studio. It can be purchased both in digital format and in print directly from the publisher’s site. “When the Bough Breaks”, a young adult coming-of-age is the first from Whimsical Publications. Not only has this book generated top reviews, it’s also won a Best Cover of the Month award.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Hard at work on her current manuscript, “Catch Me If You Can”, she plans the second of her Victorian mystery series, “Dear Winifred” to be finished later in 2010.
She also enjoys writing humor and non-fiction articles. Besides her monthly contributions to the ezine American Chronicle, some of her publications can be found in [I]The Front Porch Magazine, Good Old Days, and WritersWeekly.
She is the moderator of The Sweetest Romance Authors Yahoo Group, a group of romance authors who makes sure their romance stories stick straight to a G-rating. Visit our blog at http://thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 11:00 AM

I think it looks good. Of course, I may be a little biased since I considered using that same background at one point. :giggle:

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I think it looks good. Of course, I may be a little biased since I considered using that same background at one point. :giggle:

LOL...it is cute, but alas, you can't upload your own picture to the header. I just hope it works better than the other I had!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Can Jenny Hinson, a young woman with a haunted past, release the pain to embrace a promising future with the chivalrous man who has stolen her heart?

But...is her heart the only thing Austin Grant has stolen.

Find out when you follow the tender, heartwarming story by Laurean Brooks.

Laurean Brooks' JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS' has merited four 5 star reviews, several 4 star, and the book trailer won second place at You Gotta Read Book Trailer Video contest in July 2009.

Read more at http://laureanslore.blogspot.com or at www.whiterosepublishing.com (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com) (Click on the historical tab.)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I'd like to post a brief introduction to me and my work. Here's my official bio from my newest publisher, The Wild Rose Press (http://www.thewildrosepress.com):

E.A. West is a lifelong lover of books and storytelling. In high school, she discovered the wonders of sharing her stories with others through writing. She picked up her pen in a creative writing class and hasn’t laid it down yet. Her love of writing encompasses not only the romance genre but also a variety fiction and non-fiction styles.

Born and raised in Indiana, she still resides there today with her family and a small zoo of pets that includes cats, dogs, and African water frogs. When she’s not writing or reading, you’re likely to find her working on her current crochet project or discussing current events.

The edits I mentioned earlier are for my first romantic suspense story, Riley's Mission, which is under contract at The Wild Rose Press. I also have two ebooks currently available: Dreams Do Come True (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/cartage.html?main_page=product_info&cPath=147&products_id=1195) (White Rose Publishing) and Light in the Darkness (http://shop.dianakaypublishing.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=1) (Sea Crest eBooks). You can find more information on both of these stories on my website http://eawest.mcphitty.com or hang around here and I'll post more on them, and on Riley's Mission, later.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Can Jenny Hinson, a young woman with a haunted past, release the pain to embrace a promising future with the chivalrous man who has stolen her heart?

But...is her heart the only thing Austin Grant has stolen.

Find out when you follow the tender, heartwarming story by Laurean Brooks.

Laurean Brooks' JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS' has merited four 5 star reviews, several 4 star, and the book trailer won second place at You Gotta Read Book Trailer Video contest in July 2009.

Read more at http://laureanslore.blogspot.com or at www.whiterosepublishing.com (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com) (Click on the historical tab.)

I read, "Journey to Forgiveness" and enjoyed it. Laurie, how did the idea of rebuilding after a tornado come to you? Have you experienced the fright of living through one?

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'd like to post a brief introduction to me and my work. Here's my official bio from my newest publisher, The Wild Rose Press (http://www.thewildrosepress.com):

E.A. West is a lifelong lover of books and storytelling. In high school, she discovered the wonders of sharing her stories with others through writing. She picked up her pen in a creative writing class and hasn’t laid it down yet. Her love of writing encompasses not only the romance genre but also a variety fiction and non-fiction styles.

Born and raised in Indiana, she still resides there today with her family and a small zoo of pets that includes cats, dogs, and African water frogs. When she’s not writing or reading, you’re likely to find her working on her current crochet project or discussing current events.
The edits I mentioned earlier are for my first romantic suspense story, Riley's Mission, which is under contract at The Wild Rose Press. I also have two ebooks currently available: Dreams Do Come True (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/cartage.html?main_page=product_info&cPath=147&products_id=1195) (White Rose Publishing) and Light in the Darkness (http://shop.dianakaypublishing.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=1) (Sea Crest eBooks). You can find more information on both of these stories on my website http://eawest.mcphitty.com or hang around here and I'll post more on them, and on Riley's Mission, later.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about Riley's Mission. Congrats, E.A.! :)

And I've read both your other books. I love the way you write so seamlessly, yet "Light in the Darkness" rather teetered on a bit of a thriller, didn't it? It was deliciously scary, and your hint at the romance was just the right touch. :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing more about Riley's Mission. Congrats, E.A.! :)

And I've read both your other books. I love the way you write so seamlessly, yet "Light in the Darkness" rather teetered on a bit of a thriller, didn't it? It was deliciously scary, and your hint at the romance was just the right touch. :)

Thanks so much! I've always loved thrillers and suspense and mysteries, as long as they're not too scary or gory. Light in the Darkness was my first successful attempt at writing something to get a reader's heart pounding with adrenaline, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your stories definitely have the deliciously scary touch I love to read and try to write. I'm hoping Riley's Mission will give readers the same kind of heart-pounding thrill.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Laurean Brooks: A little bit about me.

Since that day in fifth grade when "Miss Mary" encouraged her wild imagination by announcing to the class, "Some day Laurie will become an author," the seed in Laurean's heart began to sprout. It lay dormant for a while, until freshman year when a classmate with an interest in poetry spurred her to write her own.

Poetry became a form of release, since at same time Laurean was plagued with the urequited love of a cute guy (a senior) who didn't know she existed. But on the bright side, several touching love poems were birthed due to the crush.

One of Laurean's poems "A World of Time" won honorary mention in a poetry contest and was published. Time passed, work and family took priority, and she laid her dreams aside. Then five years ago while reading "Hometown Magazine", she thought. "I can do that."

Laurean submitted a humorous childhood essay about a "sled ride gone awry" and "Hometown Magazine" published it. The fever struck. In the following two years, she added many childhood accounts to her file....until one day it struck her. "Why not write my mother's story?"

On January 1, 2004, she began her first novel, "Journey To Forgiveness." Between work and family illnessess, it took a couple years to complete, but today the inspirational romance can be found at White Rose Publishing. www.whiterosepublishing.com (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com)

JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS is close to Laurean's heart because the story of abuse is based on her mother's life. The story is loaded with humor in spite of the emotional issues.

Read more about it at:

http://laureanslore.blogspot.com

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Ha ha, I bet there's never a dull moment with you, Laurie. :)

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Woo Hoo...Hi Everyone! Miss Mae, I hope you brought your lemonade ;-). Okay, here goes: I'm Anne, and I write 'Sweet' Romantic Suspense. Here's some blurbs about my latest releases:

Journey to Redemption (released in Sept in ebook)
Detective Morgan Reynolds thought her nightmare was over when serial killer Gerald ‘The Slasher’ Tate was sent to prison for her husband’s murder. But she was wrong. The Slasher has escaped and he’s making it even more personal this time. Tate has kidnapped her son and is giving her 72 hours to find the answers he wants or Jared dies. Purchase here (http://roguephoenixpress.com/rogue_phoenix_press_042.htm).

Teagan with Bookwrenches gave it a 4.5 rating, " The entire book kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what might happen."

Dark Alliance (released Jan 1st in ebook & print)

Tara, the Crown Princess of Gautier, a small European island country west of France, has gone to the finest schools in the world, was raised in the luxury of a beautiful palace in a country that was fast becoming one of Europe’s hot spots. In the eyes of the public she lives in a fairy tale world, is admired and adored by her people. But in the shadows lurks an evil far greater than even the king can imagine.

Babysitting a beautiful princess sounds like an easy job for former CIA agent Alex Girard, but when it becomes clear that the assassin trying to kill <ST1:pTara is the same man responsible for killing his father he knows keeping her alive may be the toughest assignment of his life. Just as disturbing is the growing attraction he has for the future queen. Purchase here (http://www.wingsepress.com/).

Today I'll be giving away two books. The first is a free copy of Journey to Redemption. All you have to do is answer one simple question...what author did I interview on my blog, Suspense by Anne, on November 9th?:detective: (This author is of course excluded from this contest :-) Once you have the answer, email me at annepatrick07@yahoo.com

Good luck!

Janet Durbin
January 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Thought I'd mention...has anyone had one of those aggravating days when your site/blog wants to go wonky on you?

My blog hadn't been downloading right for the last couple of days, so yesterday I had to go shopping for a new one. Whew, it takes hours getting all your widgets back!

I really like it with the streamers flowing down the sides. It gives it a happy, partytime kind of feel. Then again, I'm definately biased when it comes to the color green. LOL

Janet

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I'm starting backwards today. First off, I want to showcase my latest, beautiful book cover. "It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred". This will probably be released late summer 2010.

Do I hear a, "Absolutely gorgeous!" on this cover? LOL

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Glad you could make it! :) *waves*...Your books sound awesome and I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of, "Lethal Dreams". :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
LOL...glad you like my new blog! :) It's a bit different, but definitely feminine, I think. :)

Janet Durbin
January 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Glad you could make it! :) *waves*...Your books sound awesome and I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of, "Lethal Dreams". :)

Not to be a brat, but I'm getting my copy today...lol. Gotta love proof books!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Not to be a brat, but I'm getting my copy today...lol. Gotta love proof books!

Oh wow, that's awesome! Congrats, Anne, that means you'll be receiving your books SOON! :)

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
This is an awesome cover, MM!

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Guess I should mention...to find the answer, just click on my banner. Interviews are listed in sidebar. Oh, and BTW, I'm interviewing author Kathleen O'Conner today.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Janet! I am so thrilled with Lethal Dreams. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Since the cover to this Victorian mystery is already posted, I'll now include the blurb and excerpt. :)

blurb:

Winifred Merryweather loves mysteries. She believes her sleuthing abilities, while maybe not on par with London’s most brilliant detective, are nonetheless extremely capable. After all, when she meets with the members of her reading club at Lord Nelson Chatham’s estate, isn’t she the first to deduce the identity of the villain in the books they discuss?

But when the whole of her reading club, along with newspaper reporter Remington Hawthorne, is kidnapped and thrust into a mystery not of their choosing, Winifred must use every skill she possesses to uncover the clues. What is the truth behind the nightmarish scenario they find themselves in? Who is their abductor? Are the tricks and riddles which confront them merely a test of their initiative–or something more sinister?

And why do Remington’s flirtatious charms annoy her so maddeningly?

The answers don’t come easily and Winifred soon learns that solving a real-life mystery is anything but “elementary”.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Verdana; color:black; mso-font-kerning:14.0pt; font-weight:bold;} p.MsoTitle, li.MsoTitle, div.MsoTitle {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:24.0pt; font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:14.0pt; font-weight:bold;} p.MsoBodyText, li.MsoBodyText, div.MsoBodyText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black; mso-font-kerning:14.0pt; font-weight:bold;} p.MsoSubtitle, li.MsoSubtitle, div.MsoSubtitle {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:14.0pt; font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black; mso-font-kerning:14.0pt;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} p {margin-right:0in; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} pre {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:45.8pt 91.6pt 137.4pt 183.2pt 229.0pt 274.8pt 320.6pt 366.4pt 412.2pt 458.0pt 503.8pt 549.6pt 595.4pt 641.2pt 687.0pt 732.8pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Courier New"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.HTMLTypewriter3 {mso-style-name:"HTML Typewriter3"; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family:"Courier New"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:"Courier New";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
“He’s a reporter.” Not entirely understanding her reason of why she should, Winifred came to his defense. “He’s trained to look at both sides of an issue without being biased. If he hadn’t been here to discuss this situation rationally, would any of us have considered the possibility of Xavier?”
“We don’t know that Xavier is responsible for any of this.” The countess waved the newspaper page that contained Remington’s article. “But we know Mr. Hawthorne’s contempt for one of the greatest minds in London, if not the world.”
“That is giving Mr. Holmes too much credit, ma’am.” Winifred spoke the words rashly, regretting them as soon as they’d left her mouth.
“Ah. Yes. How could I have forgotten?” Like a cat readied to pounce, the countess switched her attack off Remington and onto Winifred. A chill ran down Winifred’s spine as she imagined the older woman flexing her claws. “You’re not an admirer of Holmes either. You prefer the talents of his arch-enemy, Professor Moriarty.”
“What!” Remington spun on his heel, staring at Winifred with stunned eyes. “Moriarty?”
“This is neither the time nor the place to debate the matter.” Winifred rose to her feet, hoping the stony look she gave the countess might quell her acid tongue. “There are far more important issues at the moment.”
She turned her back and walked to the spot beneath the wall clock. From behind her came Lord Chatham’s gruff rebuke. “Edwina, I thought a heart used to beat inside your chest. Did it disappear when you received that dratted title?”
Winifred tuned out the sound of the countess’s angry gasp, for Remington appeared beside her. His mouth twisted in a lopsided smile.
“I believe this situation is affecting all our nerves. But I’d like to thank you for not taking the countess’s position against me.”
“No need to thank me, sir.” She grasped her hands together so tightly she flinched from the pain. “I believe in fairness, and the countess seems determined to condemn you unjustly.”
“My dear Miss Merryweather.” Remington leaned an arm against the wall, his elbow grazing the bottom of the clock and nudging it aside. “If there’s one thing I’m learning about you…” His words shut off as the wall moved from under him. Knocked off balance, he stumbled back. Like a pendulum, the wall swung around, striking Winifred and crashing her body against his. Together, they dropped through an opening that yawned beneath them.

Janet Durbin
January 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Your cover and book is awesome too, Anne. Quite an enjoyable read.

This is an awesome cover, MM!

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM
It sounds like everyone is up and busy this morning. I enjoyed reading all your book blurbs and hearing about your new books coming out. EA and Anne, wow, you must be so busy with all the excitement.

I've read a lot of the books mentioned here in the forum today and they were very enjoyable. People always talk about having summer reads for the dog days of summer, but I enjoy reading during the winter months when the weather isn't as agreeable.

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Hi Janet, it's so nice of you to come by. Whimsical really seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Great excerpt! I so want to read this book.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Janet, it's so nice of you to come by. Whimsical really seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

Well, I know I tell everyone about Whimsical. :) I love it there, Janet is a fabulous publisher!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting for this wonderful book to become print. From what I've read of the excerpts, it's magnificent, and I can't wait to hold it in my hands! :)

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying some lunch or the brownies someone always brings along.

I thought I'd slip in an introduction:

My name is daniellethorne, okay, Danielle, and I'm the author of two novels with Awestruck Publishing, sweet romantic adventure, THE PRIVATEER and TURTLE SOUP. This summer watch for BY HEART AND COMPASS, my new release. My first Historical Regency, JOSETTE, is making the rounds with publishers. As you can see, I love historical and contemporary romance.

I've been with the Sweeties (Sweet Romance Authors) since this spring, I believe--or since Miss Mae rounded us all up. It's a great group. I'm the mother of four boys, live in Georgia, and have been writing since '98. When I'm not reading or writing, you can catch me doing domestic things like baking and gardening, and my new hobby, geocaching. Life's busy but great.

You can find out more about me and my books at my website,
www.daniellethorne.jimdo.com

I invite all you readers and lurkers to check the Sweeties out!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Re: The South Pekin tormado in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS.

Miss Mae, you asked how I came up with the tornado incident in my book?

When I started writing JTF I knew I needed something to throw the hero and heroine together for a period of time. (Since Jenny was using all her wits to avoid Austin. Ha! Ha!)

So...I went to the encyclopdia to look for "natrual disasters" in 1938. (BTW I got this set at an auction They are the 1958 "Encyclopedia Americana.")

I thought, "What better way to throw Jenny and Austin together than through a mission trip. Was I ever surprised when I found the "South Pekin tornado" disaster on March 30th, 1938! And get this..the town was only a 3 - 4 hour drive from my Chicago setting!

Was God in this, or what? Everything just seemed to fall in place. I did the research on the tornado. It wiped out three entire residential blocks on "one" side of the street, missing the other side. I found a name of a man who was 14 at the time. Through searching I found "Paul Morsch's" phone number and called him. He gave me his account. "My brother and I were tinkering in the garage when our mother yelled from the back door, 'Get in here! A tornado's headed this way!'

"We didn't pay any attention to her and kept tinkering, when..whoosh! a big wind hit the garage and lifted it about a foot off its foundation. It whoosed twice more, raising the garage both times. After the third "whoosh" we raced to the house. "And I never ignored my mother after that."

Paul Morsch was 83 when I called him a couple years ago. He didn't have long to talk because he had to get to his job at Walmart. LOL. It tickled him that I called. "Wait until I tell my son! Hee-hee!"

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Miss Mae, I love the cover for It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred! The blurb and excerpt tell me one thing: I MUST read this book. :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Gang. (Explaining my intermittent absences) I don't know what's wrong, but I can't receive a reply to my posts until I leave the forum and come back. I've tried everthing. I think it's on "My" end of the line. The pages have been filling slow on everything the past couple days.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Anne, your books sound awesome. I think it's time for me to skip on over to your blog and see about the answer for that contest you mentioned. LOL :)

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hey, everyone! Are we chatting? How many people are here? What time is it where you all are?

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=DanielleThorne;106038]My first Historical Regency, JOSETTE, is making the rounds with publishers. As you can see, I love historical and contemporary romance.

A Regency? Cool, Danielle! I love Regencies! I'll definitely be rooting for a publisher to pick up JOSETTE!

HywelaLyn
January 14th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi ladies. Just popping in to say hello. It's evening meal time here in the UK but I'll try and drop in later to read the posts.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks, E.A. I know I LOVE this story!! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hi ladies. Just popping in to say hello. It's evening meal time here in the UK but I'll try and drop in later to read the posts.

Hi Lyn! Wow, I guess it is about 6 o'clock for you, isn't it? What are you having for supper? Maybe we'll all join you! :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Lyn, have a good "supper" as we call it in the South. (I'm in Tennessee.) And do hurry back. We will miss you. If you were here I'd feed you turnip greens and cornbread. How does that sound?

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hey, Joyce, good to see you! It's right around noon here, so I'm going to head out for a little while to grab some lunch.

See you all in a bit!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Danielle, what is geocaching? I'm clueless.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I've just logged on, but Danielle's post reminded me that maybe I should introduce myself, too. :) My name is Joyce DiPastena and I'm the author of two sweet medieval romances, LOYALTY'S WEB and ILLUMINATIONS OF THE HEART. LOYALTY'S WEB was a Whitney Award finalist in 2007. (The Whitneys are for excellence in fiction writing by LDS authors.) ILLUMINATIONS OF THE HEART came out last year (2009). I also have published a short medieval Christmas story called, "An Epiphany Gift for Robin" in a Christmas anthology called STOLEN CHRISTMAS AND OTHER STORIES OF THE SEASON. I don't have any new titles making the rounds, but I'm hard at work on a new medieval romance. No title yet, for now I'm just calling it "my troubadour book". :)

I don't have any contests going today specifically for our chat, but I do have a few in progress on my JDP NEWS blog. Check my OOPS! Giveaway (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/01/oops-giveaway.html) and my review and giveaway (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/01/book-review-of-haunts-haven-by-joan.html) of a sweet romance (with a ghost story!) by author Joan Sowards.

You can also win a copy of LOYALTY'S WEB if you hop over to Cami Checkett's blog and check out her Beat the Winter Blahs (http://camicheckettsbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/win-loyaltys-web-by-joyce-dipastena.html) giveaway!

And you can always learn more about me by reading my JDP NEWS (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com) blog or visiting my website at www.joyce-dipastena.com (http://www.joyce-dipastena.com).

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Lyn, have a good "supper" as we call it in the South. (I'm in Tennessee.) And do hurry back. We will miss you. If you were here I'd feed you turnip greens and cornbread. How does that sound?

I live in Arizona, and we always ate "supper", too. My mom's mother came from the mid-west. My friend in California came from the east coast, and she always has "dinner". ;-)

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't know this. I googled it and found out there were 117 participants in my area. Man, I need to get out more:-) Geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other participants in the activity. It's becoming very popular.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Continuing backwards again...This is my latest work, a YA titled, "When the Bough Breaks." Currently, it's up at the P&E poll. So if you haven't voted yet, please do! LOL

Also, this excellent artwork won the Best Cover of the Month for August 2009 at Authors Meeting Place. :) It's on sale now at Whimsical Publications! (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html)

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM
What a fun story, Laurene! And that is indeed an incredible "coincidence" ;) that you should have "discovered" a real live historical tornado just when you needed one for your book! :)

Re: The South Pekin tormado in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS.

Miss Mae, you asked how I came up with the tornado incident in my book?

When I started writing JTF I knew I needed something to throw the hero and heroine together for a period of time. (Since Jenny was using all her wits to avoid Austin. Ha! Ha!)

So...I went to the encyclopdia to look for "natrual disasters" in 1938. (BTW I got this set at an auction They are the 1958 "Encyclopedia Americana.")

I thought, "What better way to throw Jenny and Austin together than through a mission trip. Was I ever surprised when I found the "South Pekin tornado" disaster on March 30th, 1938! And get this..the town was only a 3 - 4 hour drive from my Chicago setting!

Was God in this, or what? Everything just seemed to fall in place. I did the research on the tornado. It wiped out three entire residential blocks on "one" side of the street, missing the other side. I found a name of a man who was 14 at the time. Through searching I found "Paul Morsch's" phone number and called him. He gave me his account. "My brother and I were tinkering in the garage when our mother yelled from the back door, 'Get in here! A tornado's headed this way!'

"We didn't pay any attention to her and kept tinkering, when..whoosh! a big wind hit the garage and lifted it about a foot off its foundation. It whoosed twice more, raising the garage both times. After the third "whoosh" we raced to the house. "And I never ignored my mother after that."

Paul Morsch was 83 when I called him a couple years ago. He didn't have long to talk because he had to get to his job at Walmart. LOL. It tickled him that I called. "Wait until I tell my son! Hee-hee!"

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Miss Mae, did you read my explanation about the "tornado" in Journey To Forgiveness? The post is on page two a third way down the page...uh right now. LOL.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I mean "Laurean"! I'd better play it safe and just call you "Laurie". LOL!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Miss Mae, did you read my explanation about the "tornado" in Journey To Forgiveness? The post is on page two a third way down the page...uh right now. LOL.

Yes, I did, Laurie. Incredible!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Yes, Joyce, it had to be the Lord. I dedicated this book. The times I'd hit a brick wall (writer's block) I'd plead, "Okay, Lord, this is YOUR book! If you want it out there, you will have to give me the words."

Does anyone else do this? I base my reasoning on that verse "Bring your arguments before the Lord..."

Janet Durbin
January 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
By the way, all. Here is the link to vote for When The Bough Breaks by Miss Mae. So far it's still #1 on the list. Let's do what we can to keep her there. :)

Janet

http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelyoungadult.shtml

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:23 PM
By the way, all. Here is the link to vote for When The Bough Breaks by Miss Mae. So far it's still #1 on the list. Let's do what we can to keep her there. :)

Janet

http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelyoungadult.shtml

Wow, thanks, Janet! I'm thrilled I've got this far! :)

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Yes, I pray a lot about my writing. I have several versions, depending on my needs at the time.

"Heavenly Father, I don't feel like writing today, but I'm sitting here in front of my computer, making the time to write. If you want me to write, then please help me to write something."

"Heavenly Father, I'm so sleepy I can hardly stay awake. If you want me to write, please help me to wake up and the words to come."

"Heavenly Father, I'm sitting here stumped with what to write. If you want me to write, please help some words to come."

Those are just a few of the pleadings He gets from me when I sit down to write! LOL! I think we're told we can pray about everything, and if we've been given a gift or a talent (like writing) then I think He not only wants us to use it, but He wants us to involve him in it. To me, it's a way of acknowledging that the gift/talent came from Him to begin with.

Yes, Joyce, it had to be the Lord. I dedicated this book. The times I'd hit a brick wall (writer's block) I'd plead, "Okay, Lord, this is YOUR book! If you want it out there, you will have to give me the words."

Does anyone else do this? I base my reasoning on that verse "Bring your arguments before the Lord..."

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
The blurb and excerpt for "When the Bough Breaks":

Blurb:

Darlene Moore’s reason for shunning Parker Shane has nothing to do with his reputation of being a playboy. She even dates him before the death of her mother forces her to move away. After a two-year absence from Dalesville, she returns home to find Parker exchanging wedding vows with her sister. Two months later, her sister dies.

Then Richard Ryan, head of Dalesville’s wealthy, prominent family, and Parker’s employer, goes missing. Could there be a connection to his disappearance and Parker’s unexpected promotion?

Danger and questions a plenty barrage Darlene with the deadly speed of a six-shooter. Who called down a representative from a Washington agency? Who later assaulted him? Who attacked Darlene at her friend’s apartment? And will Parker’s scandalous brand of playboy be changed to one of murderous culprit? Or, in the moment of Darlene’s greatest need, might he become her rescuing knight?

Excerpt:

He chuckled softly. “All I want to know is if you’d like to go out with me?”

Wholly unprepared for the question, Darlene stared straight ahead, unblinking. Her tongue refused to work, and for one scary moment, she thought she forgot how to breathe. “You aren’t serious?” she finally managed to gasp.

He raised a curious brow. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because everybody knows Ellie Pearson is your girlfriend.”

“They do, huh?”

“Yes! And if that’s not bad enough, your reputa—” She caught herself, clamping her mouth shut to keep the words from spilling out.

“My what?” Parker eased up on the gas to give a wide berth to a terrapin that lumbered across the road. “My reputation?”

Darlene raised a wrist and wiped sweat off the side of her cheek. Desperately, her eyes strained to see George Vining’s garage. Just around the next curve, past the tall white pine…

“I’ve heard some of the things said about me.” At the odd note in his voice, Darlene stole a peek at his profile. He wore a faint smile. “So. How about a date?”

Unable to believe he asked again, she floundered for the right answer. “Look, I…” She gulped and blurted out, “I’m not the kind of girl you date.”

“I date pretty girls. And you definitely fill the bill.” He moved his hand off her seat, his fingers grazing her bare arm. Though the touch appeared accidental, Darlene had the sneaking suspicion it hadn’t been.

Discreetly, she edged closer to her door. “But Ellie’s your girlfriend.”

“A guy can’t date more than one girl at a time?”

“No. It wouldn’t be right.”

Parker gave a low laugh. The attractive way it rumbled deep in his throat threatened to short circuit Darlene’s already overcharged nerves. “Little lady,” he murmured, “you drive a hard bargain.”

She pretended not to hear. The car rolled to a stop in the garage’s yard and Darlene jumped out, running to find Margo’s father. “George,” she called, seeing a pair of coverall clad legs splayed under the body of a dented pickup truck. “You busy?”

He rolled out to squint at her from a face blackened with grease and oil. “Something the matter?”

“Her Ford busted a hose on Beam Road.” Parker walked up to stand next to Darlene. “It lost all its coolant.”

George grabbed hold of the truck’s fender and pulled himself upright. “I don’t know the size it takes, so it’d be best to tow it in. That way I’d only have to make one trip.”

“Thanks.” Darlene smiled her gratitude.

“Want me to drop you at home on my way?” George nodded toward the cab of his tow truck.

“You don’t have to.” She knew what that truck’s interior looked like and she barely suppressed a shudder. “It’s only a few blocks for me to walk.”

He fished in his pocket and brought out a set of keys. “All right then. I reckon I’d better get a move on.”

Darlene watched the rear of the big truck disappear down the road before she turned to Parker. Forcing herself to sound polite, she said, “Thanks for the lift.”

A warm breeze feathered his hair across his tanned forehead. He gave a slight shrug. “Don’t mention it.”

She brushed past him to head for home, but he reached out a fast hand to grasp her wrist. Startled, she looked up. Calculation sparkled in his blue eyes. “What about our date?”

“I thought I made that clear.”

“The only thing you made clear is that you’re playing hard to get.”

“I’m not playing.” She jerked her arm free and twisted on her heel. But she’d only gone a few steps when she heard him call from behind.

“You asked for it, Cupcake.”

She paused. Then, curious, she turned. Feet apart and arms folded across his chest, Parker exuded firm resolve. He raised a hand to his brow in a mock salute. “Let the games begin.”

In print only at Whimsical Publications. (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html) Be sure to visit my site, (http://www.missmaesite.com) blog (http://missmaesite.blogspot.com), FaceBook. (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-M-Mae/147078224050?v=wall)

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Okay, here's a totally non-writing/reading question, but I'm curious what everyone thinks. What's everyone calling this year? Two-thousand-ten? Or Twenty-ten? (I'm going with Twenty-ten, except when I forget and accidentally say Two-thousand-ten. LOL!)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:54 PM
My short story, "Dove Island" is up at Smashwords. (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934) Also, it's in second place at the P & E. I'd appreciate any who'd care to vote on it, and let me know to return the favor!

http://www.critters.org/<wbr>predpoll/shortstoryr.shtml (http://www.critters.org/predpoll/shortstoryr.shtml)

Blurb:

Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Yes, Joyce, it is incredible. That's why I ask myself, "Was it just coincidence?" God works in mysterious ways...

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Okay, here's a totally non-writing/reading question, but I'm curious what everyone thinks. What's everyone calling this year? Two-thousand-ten? Or Twenty-ten? (I'm going with Twenty-ten, except when I forget and accidentally say Two-thousand-ten. LOL!)

I'm saying, "Two-thousand-ten" LOL

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hm, that's interesting. I guess we all carry a prayer in our hearts. I know I include blessing requests in my bedtime prayers that I'll be inspired and make good career decisions.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Miss Mae is taking a break right now. Keep the chat going, Sweeties! Readers, jump in with your questions! :)

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I read Dove Island. It was very cute.

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evening in the UK. I hope you enjoy your dinner. We're just settling in for lunch here in GA.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Blurb and Excerpt for Loyalty's Web

Blurb:

In twelfth century France, King Henry II of England has just finished quashing a rebellion by his power-hungry sons and now seeks to tame the lawless barons who supported them in this corner of his "Angevin empire." To this end, the king has sent the Earl of Gunthar as his royal representative to ensure that Prince Richard and his former cohorts faithfully adhere to the terms of the peace treaty.

Far from being welcomed with open arms, Gunthar no sooner steps foot in the county of Poitou than he is greeted by a series of assassination attempts. All appear to be linked to the former rebellious prince through the agents of the family and friends of young Heléne de Laurant. A clever, intrepid young woman, she realizes that the only way to prove her loved ones’ innocence is by exposing the true assassin. Heléne races against time—and dark secrets of the past—to unmask the killer before the kingdom plunges back into war.

Fierce determination gives way to mutual attraction as Heléne and Gunthar spar over the identity of the traitor. But their blinding magnetism almost causes them to overlook an even deadlier threat from an entirely unexpected direction.

Excerpt:

“Eat.”

It was not a request, and he caught her hand as she tried to snatch the bit from his fingers. An angry blush stole up into her cheeks.

“I don’t want--”

“I did not ask you if you wanted it. I told you to eat it.”

She closed her lips and glared at him.

“There has been enough of this nonsense, my lady. Everyone is staring, and above all things I abominate a scene. The meat is your own selection. Now open your mouth and eat.”

Perhaps it was his commanding stare. Perhaps it was her mother’s warning gaze, brimming with a promise of punishment for her daughter’s intractable attitude all evening. Or perhaps it was merely embarrassment at all the shocked eyes viewing her defiance of Gunthar. In any event, she opened her mouth and he popped the morsel inside. Glorying in his first victory of the night, he followed it with another and another, until the slice of venison was gone, and so was his currant tart. Her silvery eyes glared daggers at him, but she obediently swallowed each mouthful and he finally judged her ready for some wine to wash it down.

The cup was almost empty. He signaled Julian to refill it. This time he succeeded in doing no more than pressing it under her nose, for she refused to obey him further and obstinately kept her mouth shut.

Gunthar let her go and sat back in his chair, satisfied just the same. She would not dare to ignore him again. He would allow her to sulk a little, and when the meal was ended he would have the tables cleared away for dancing. She would be required to accept his hand. He would request something quick and complicated, involving lifts, that he might have license to span her waist with his hands. And perhaps while he held her in the air, he would grow clumsy and allow his grasp on her to slip. She would then slide down into his arms, and he would feel her slender body close to his...

His blood coursed at the thought and he reached again for the cup, this time to slake his own thirst.

A sharp slap dashed it out of his hand. The wine splashed across the table, staining the tablecloth and drenching a platter of food. Gunthar turned his startled gaze in the direction of the blow and saw Heléne on her feet, staring after the tumbled cup with wide, frightened eyes. Her hand still hovered in the air and she was shaking like a leaf.

“My lady--?”

“Cowbane,” she whispered. “Poison.”

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I say two thousand ten. It's wordy though, isn't it?

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM

I do that, too. Of course, there have also been times that I know exactly where I want the story to go and how I want to get it there, but I get stuck trying to do it my way and frustrated because it's not working and finally pray, "Fine, Lord! I'll do it Your way." BashingHead

Every time I've done that, I immediately know what to write next and it eventually includes everything I wanted in the first place. Writing inspirational/Christian fiction can be such an adventure in faith and remembering who's REALLY in charge. :wub:

Joyce DiPastena
People kept looking at me strange and saying, "What?" when I told them towards the end of last year that I'd bought a "twenty-ten Toyota Camry". It took me several minutes to figure out what was puzzling them about my statement. Finally it clicked, and I said, "I bought a two-thousand-ten Camry." "Oh!" they all said. They got that. LOL! That was the first time I'd even thought about what people would call next/this year!

Laurean
Joyce, I say two thousand-ten when I speak it aloud. Of course it'd be 2010 if I wrote it.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
What's everyone calling this year? Two-thousand-ten? Or Twenty-ten? (I'm going with Twenty-ten, except when I forget and accidentally say Two-thousand-ten. LOL!)

I've said it both ways, but my preference is "two thousand ten."

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
A Request? If you haven't voted for a full-length (and your book isn't on the P & E list, would you ladies Plea-s-se vote for JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS. It was in place 19 when I last checked. This is the last day. I don't expect a win, but sure would love to see it move up a few notches. Thanks! (Today is the last day.)

Here's the link: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelr.ht

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Joyce, I say two thousand-ten when I speak it aloud. Of course it'd be 2010 if I wrote it.

I would hope we'd all write it that way, Laurean! LOL!

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Sadly, I do, however, catch myself accidentally writing '01 instead of '10 on things like checks, though. It's embarrassing!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Gosh, Joyce! This excerpt is so vivid. You have a gift for visual writing.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Well, Miss Mae is going backward through her books, so I'm going to confuse everyone and go forward. :p

My first ebook is Dreams Do Come True, an inspirational romance from White Rose Publishing (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/cartage.html?main_page=product_info&cPath=147&products_id=1195).

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/DreamsDoComeTrue_w3245_300-1.jpg

Blurb:

Aspiring author Cassie Teague has been rejected…again. As she considers giving up her dream of getting published, a handsome editor walks into her life and makes her wonder if God has more in store for her than just writing.

Acquisitions editor David Jameson wants more than just Cassie’s book. But will office politics destroy his hope for the future?

Excerpt:

Gayle glanced at the envelope in Cassie’s hand and nodded toward the vacant end of the counter. Cassie went to the seat at the very end and laid the envelope in front of her. She needed Gayle’s moral support when she opened this one. The publisher she’d submitted to was the perfect match for her book, and she’d spent nearly a month on the submission package to make sure it was perfect.

Gayle finally finished serving the elderly man and joined Cassie. “Be brave.”

Cassie managed a weak smile and prayed for strength as she picked up the envelope. A moment later, she pulled out her submission package and what appeared to be a form letter. She got as far as “We regret…” before she dropped the stack of papers on the counter and lowered her head to her hands with a moan. “Not again!”

The strip of bells hanging on the door jangled before Gayle could reply. She gave Cassie’s arm a consoling pat, and then went to tend the new customer.

Cassie brushed her long hair from her eyes as she lifted her head and reached for the rejection letter, hoping it contained some clue as to why they didn’t want her novel. Her gaze briefly went to the new customer. His gorgeous movie cowboy appearance caught her attention and made her heart do a two-step. Dark-haired and blue-eyed, he stood at least six foot two and had wide shoulders that tapered down to a trim waist. He’d tucked his white shirt into a pair of jeans that fit oh-so-perfectly on his hips. The sleeves were rolled up to reveal tanned, well-toned forearms. He smiled as he spoke to Gayle, and Cassie decided receiving another rejection letter was almost worth it to see this amazing specimen of a man.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wow! Thanks, Laurie! I used to consider descriptive writing my weakest area, and dialogue my strongest. I worked really hard to learn how to write description. Just goes to show that if you work at something long enough, you can actually learn how to do it! :)

Gosh, Joyce! This excerpt is so vivid. You have a gift for visual writing.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Don't worry. You're not alone. Usually I write the previous year on the first three checks I write in the new year. LOL.

But for some reason I haven't done it this year. Could be because we've heard 2010 repeated over and over in the news. It musta' been ingrained early in my brain.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I hope so, Joyce. Because I hate writing description. I'd rather get into my characters heads, write dialogue. It's not that hard to write their facial expressions, but when it comes to describing houses, furnishings, clothes, and scenery, I have to really push myself.

Marianne
January 14th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Wow! Great blurbs Joyce & Miss Mae - I'm dashing in at lunch to check out this forum for the first time, and I'm overwhelmed! I'm going to keep scrolling and reading. Can't wait to meet you all! I'm intimidated, but jumping in anyway! Hope I don't splash too much water over the edges! LOL!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I would try to load my book cover, but with dial up....Argggh!

Marianne
January 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
It sounds like everyone is up and busy this morning. I enjoyed reading all your book blurbs and hearing about your new books coming out. EA and Anne, wow, you must be so busy with all the excitement.

I've read a lot of the books mentioned here in the forum today and they were very enjoyable. People always talk about having summer reads for the dog days of summer, but I enjoy reading during the winter months when the weather isn't as agreeable.

So true, Danielle! I agree 100%. Cozy fire, afghan and a great book = heaven!!

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Question time!

Authors, what do you love most about writing? What is your least favorite part of the whole writing/publishing process?

Readers, I've got one for you too. (Feel free to chime in, authors!) What makes you fall in love with a book/author? Is there one thing that keeps you coming back for more?

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I've got to bop out for awhile, but I'll be back. I'm going to be doing a lot of boppin' in and out today I'm afraid, until I finally have to bop out for good around 3:30 PM, MST. I'll be back later to share the blurb and an excerpt from my medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart. (And check in with what everyone else has been up to while I was gone!)

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
You can definitely learn to do it, Laurie! Take a step back and look around the room or scene, and then kind of think of it as trying to paint a picture. If you can weave little touches of description into a a dialogue scene, I think that works best. At least, that's the way I prefer to read description. Little touches here and there, while some action or dialogue is going on, so the reader doesn't get bogged down (or bored) by a long stretch of straight description. In my opinion, "little is more", as long as that "little" is vivid.

I hope so, Joyce. Because I hate writing description. I'd rather get into my characters heads, write dialogue. It's not that hard to write their facial expressions, but when it comes to describing houses, furnishings, clothes, and scenery, I have to really push myself.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Here is Laurie's beautiful cover for Journey to Forgiveness (I borrowed it from her blog (http://laureanslore.blogspot.com)):

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/JourneytoForgiveness.jpg

If you get the chance, I highly recommend watching the book trailer. It's awesome.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Question time!

Authors, what do you love most about writing? What is your least favorite part of the whole writing/publishing process?

Readers, I've got one for you too. (Feel free to chime in, authors!) What makes you fall in love with a book/author? Is there one thing that keeps you coming back for more?

Guess I ought to answer my own questions, huh? LOL

My favorite part of writing is the initial creation. I love watching the characters and stories take shape from a vague idea. My least favorite part of the whole publishing process is receiving rejections on submissions. Yes, they can help me become a better writer if they contain suggestions or clues to why the manuscript was rejected, but even the nicest rejections aren't fun.

As for what keeps me coming back to a book or author, it's all about the characters and the writing. If a book has vivid characters I can identify with and the writing draws me into the story so that I lose all track of time and have a hard time putting the book down, I'm much more likely to read more books by that author. And some books stick with me and have such depth that I want to re-read them.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Little touches here and there, while some action or dialogue is going on, so the reader doesn't get bogged down (or bored) by a long stretch of straight description. In my opinion, "little is more", as long as that "little" is vivid.

I agree wholeheartedly. If there's too long a chunk of description, I tend to skim over it to get to the "good stuff."

Of course, my own writing tends to go two ways with description: I have huge paragraphs of description that I have to cut down during revisions or I have next to no description and have to add it during revisions.

Can you tell the revision process is a very important thing for me? LOL

Janet Durbin
January 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Well, all, I have to pop away and visit my mom before her upcoming move back to the cold country. I'll check in later and read all the new postings. I wish everyone a happy 2010 (two-thousand ten when spoken, lol). All of the books posted thus far sound fascinating. One of these days when I'm not quite as busy, I'll have to check them out.

Hugs and happy reading/writing!

Janet

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Thank you, E A. You are so sweet to download this cover for me. What would I do without friends? It's awful to be so dependent when you'd rather be the one helping others.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hi there, Marianne! Don't be bashful. Wow! You are the one and same Marianne who just won the inspirational "Heart's Crossing" contest. I will have to read that one.

Join in the fun. I'd like to get to know you better.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I'm back. Great blurbs everyone. Hi Marianne!
To answer Joyce's questions a ways back: My favorite part about writing is when the characters start coming to life and take me in directions I never thought of.

Least favorite is being in the middle of writing a story and having to put it aside to do edits on an upcoming release. When I come back to it I always have to go back and read a few chapters to put me back in the zone, and so I don't get the characters confused.

What draws me into a good book isn't just a good plot but characters that leap off the page. Characters I can relate to and have empathy for. Iris Johansen's character, Eve Duncan comes to mind. I got so into her that I had to read all the ones in the series.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, EA won my contest for Journey to Redemption. I'll be having another one later this afternoon. I'll be giving away an autographed copy of my upcoming release, Lethal Dreams.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Okay, here's an excerpt from JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS.

Setting up the scene: Noreen Ellwood, mother of secondary character Oscar, (the mama's boy) has paid a visit to the mission (a warehouse-turned-homeless shelter) to check on her son.

She is apalled at the rustic conditions inside the shelter. No running water, sleeping on dirt floors, etc. Her son should not be subjected to such horrendous living conditions, not even for 12 days!

Excerpt:

The crew filed through the line, their clothes chalky from mortar. The foundation to the third house had been poured. Oscar's father was covered from head to toe in the powdery substance.

When he reached the serving counter, his wife gasped. "Just look at you! What a mess!" Noreen grabbed a dishtowel and proceeded to slap the dust from her husband's clothes. The kitchen foggged inciting a round of coughing from the ladies behind the counter.

"Noreen, dear...please stop. Look, you have stirred up dust," her husband explained.

Caroline fanned. "Yes. Please stop. It's settling on the food."

"I will not have my husband looking like a vagabond!" Mrs. Ellwood retorted.

Mr. Ellwood snatched the towel from her hand. "You can finish this later--outside. Now...I am going to eat."

She turned her attention toward her son. "Oscar, at least you are halfway presentable."

"Yes, Mother. That is one of the advantages of my position as Head Gopher. I do not get dirty." He thumped a speck of sawdust from his shirt sleeve.

Jenny fanned away the dust with the discarded dishtowel. When the fog cleared, Austin Grant languished against the counter. He quirked an eyebrow and teased, "You aren't going to beat me with thing, are you?"

Jenny smiled, a mischievous gleam to her eye. "If I do, it won't be to knock the dust off."

Austin watched Mrs. Ellwood fill her plate to join her husband and son at the far end of the long table. "This newfound hostility wouldn't have anything to do with Noreen Ellwood?"

"Bull's eye!" Jenny sighed. "I have tried my best to keep her out of Aunt Violet's hair all afternoon. Which meant entertaining her all by myself. For some unknown reason everybody else disappeared. It has not been an easy task. To quote my aunt, "My nerves are stretched to the breaking point."

Austin bowed. "You just need a little peace and quiet Maid Jenny. Grab your plate and follow me. I happen to know just the place. We can have our own private little picnic.".............

JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS: "inspirational with a kick of humor."

Available through White Rose Publishing. www.whiterosepublishing.com (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com) Click on "Historical."

Visit Laurean for humorous interviews of her characters, on Laurean's Lore: http://laureanslore.blogspot.com

Member: The Sweetest Romance Authors blog

White Roses in Bloom blog

Lynn F
January 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Well I finally made it back here. and I know I missed alot . I did see one was reading Cup Of Joe. I read it and loved it. Is there brownies left. If not heres another big plate for the afternoon. Cyber brownies are so good, no fat , calories and just enough sugar to make us all sweet. (This is the Sweetest Romance right LOL )

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yes--geocaching uses your gps. People hide little gifts or treasure boxes, you follow the coordinates you give them, and there's a log to sign you name. I'm still learning and I'm terrible at it--but I have a lovely neighbor who is super at it--and she is showing me the ropes. There are geocaches all over the world, even at places like Disney Land!

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:10 PM
That was me. :) I started reading CUP OF JOE yesterday and I am really enjoying it. She had me from the first few pages. I love sweet heroes who don't need to be "changed" for their heroines, they're already there in front of their eyes. Wish I could write that way-but I don't. Too old and cynical I guess!

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yes--geocaching uses your gps. People hide little gifts or treasure boxes, you follow the coordinates you give them, and there's a log to sign you name. I'm still learning and I'm terrible at it--but I have a lovely neighbor who is super at it--and she is showing me the ropes. There are geocaches all over the world, even at places like Disney Land!

Sounds very interesting. Do you keep the gifts or treasure you find and leave something of your own behind?

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
My favorite part about writing: When the characters finally get inside my head and I start laughing or crying over what I write. That's when I know the story has become real to me.

The least enjoyable: Writing description, scenery, etc. when I'd rather be picking the characters' brains. It's always a relief when I get past a descriptive scene. But, Joyce tells me that I can learn to do this. I pray she's write. That's it! I'll pray for the gift of "description."

Or I could get a partner who "likes" to write description so I can get on with the rest of the story. LOL

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Bio Photos? Love them or hate them? I love looking at author's photos with their books. I love looking at readers' photos on their blogs. But--I detest having my picture taken! ACK!

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Lauren, I love your comment here. It made me chuckle. When I catch myself giggling at something I've written I think is funny, or tearing up at something I think is sad--I wonder if I'm a little nuts or completely narcissistic. A little of both??

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Funniest line I read recently from 12 Days of Christmas (Linda Swift) was where a very elderly woman mentioned she was sleeping like the dead--and just practicing. lol

Then last night I had a giggle over a line in Cup of Joe (by T Wilson). Her heroine cursed over being caught in her Spongebob pajama pants. "Blast you Sponge Bob! Blast you and blast your square pants, too!" I don't know why but I thought it was hysterical. I love when authors throw in a silly line and catch me up in the middle of all the drama.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM
My favorite part about writing: When the characters finally get inside my head and I start laughing or crying over what I write. That's when I know the story has become real to me.

The least enjoyable: Writing description, scenery, etc. when I'd rather be picking the characters' brains. It's always a relief when I get past a descriptive scene. But, Joyce tells me that I can learn to do this. I pray she's write. That's it! I'll pray for the gift of "description."

Or I could get a partner who "likes" to write description so I can get on with the rest of the story. LOL

Same here, Laurie, I'm more of a dialogue person with only the bare minimum of description. I usually have to go back and add description to please an editor :-)

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
That's really interesting. I had a horrible problem with purple prose when I started--I think I lean more toward dialogue, too. Maybe it's something about moving the story forward. The hardest thing for me to include are sequences--self-reflection and character inner thoughts about preceding scenes. I have to really work on that--I forget that just because I know--doesn't mean the reader will unless I find a way to share that.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Wow! Great blurbs Joyce & Miss Mae - I'm dashing in at lunch to check out this forum for the first time, and I'm overwhelmed! I'm going to keep scrolling and reading. Can't wait to meet you all! I'm intimidated, but jumping in anyway! Hope I don't splash too much water over the edges! LOL!

Hi Marianne,

It's great to meet you, and we're thrilled you've come to visit! :) Be sure to stay a while! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM
And I see things have been hopping! Great chat going, everyone! :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Bio Photos? Love them or hate them? I love looking at author's photos with their books. I love looking at readers' photos on their blogs. But--I detest having my picture taken! ACK!

I don't mind them...as long as it's someone else. Photos are great if I'm behind the camera. LOL :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM
The hardest thing for me to include are sequences--self-reflection and character inner thoughts about preceding scenes. I have to really work on that--I forget that just because I know--doesn't mean the reader will unless I find a way to share that.

I know what you mean. We know our characters so well it's easy to forget no one else knows anything about them unless we throw it in the story somewhere. And throwing information in without sounding like an author intrusion can be difficult at times.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Oops! I typed "write" for "right" in the last post. LOL. Right, write. what's the difference? Write? oops! I mean, "Right?"

Let's see: What draws me into a story are interesting characters. As you probably know, my characters can be "off-the-wall." I like a heroine who keeps a foot in her mouth and a man who teases and aggravates, until he incites the heroine's temper. It makes for a lot of laughs.

I like to laugh, but I like to cry, too. I hope this is a sign of manic-depressive. Up, down... Hee-hee!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Ugh, I hate mine! That's why I bought a photo to use for Miss Mae! She kinda resembles the way I USED to look! LOL

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Let's see: What draws me into a story are interesting characters. As you probably know, my characters can be "off-the-wall." I like a heroine who keeps a foot in her mouth and a man who teases and aggravates, until he incites the heroine's temper. It makes for a lot of laughs.

It also makes for some fun stories. Besides, how many real people don't have quirks and annoy the people they like at least sometimes?

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Miss Mae, I love your mysterious avatar.

DanielleThorne
January 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Another chat for the New Voices competition is on my schedule for the next hour, so I'm taking a bad headache and checking out. I will be back on tonight to catch up on all of your interesting thoughts. It's been nice catching up with everyone. Next month I expect to have some good news about my TURTLE SOUP story in print and also some fun blurbs for my summer release, BY HEART AND COMPASS.

Cheers for now. Could sure use a brownie!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I remember well my first lesson in "author intrusion", when at the end of the second chapter I wrote..."And so began the journey of the country girl with a heart full of dreams. Dreams of buildings that touched the sky. Buildings even taller than the statuesque oak outside her bedroom window."

Miss Mae
As some of you may know, I held my first ever book signing on December 11. I was privileged and honored to have none other than Danielle Thorne to come and be with me.

wow, she's drop dead gorgeous, folks! Her photos don't do her justice!

It was wonderful meeting her and getting to know her. I wish we'd had all day to yak! :)

EAWest
Okay, time for ebook number two. :)

My second release, Light in the Darkness, is a mystery with hints of romance from Sea Crest eBooks (http://shop.dianakaypublishing.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=1).

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/light_in_the_darkness.jpg

Blurb:

Kennedy Drake loves exploring dark places, which makes his job as a graveyard shift security guard ideal. While checking out strange noises in his elderly neighbor’s basement, he discovers a hidden room with a woman trapped inside. Chastity Mooreland has more to fear than her time trapped in darkness. Will Kennedy believe her bizarre tale of a stalker no one thinks is guilty—and will he help free her from a life of despair? Can Chastity look past her suspicion of mankind to accept his offer of friendship?

Excerpt:

Kennedy went back the way he’d come and passed through the last doorway, stopping in amazement. The huge room was lined with cobwebby wooden shelves, some of which held a few dust-covered canning jars. A pair of wooden bins with sloping lids and three old wooden barrels with age-darkened metal rings stood in the middle of the floor. He couldn’t help wondering if the room had held a year’s worth of food in the days of horse-drawn carriages. It looked large enough.

He found a switch on the wall and turned on the lights. Two of the three bulbs hanging from the ceiling flashed bright then went out, and he made a mental note to come back later to change them. Louise likely wouldn’t ever come in her basement again, but it would give her peace of mind to know the lights worked. He set the flashlight on one of the shelves near the door and walked over to the bins and barrels. Empty. He glanced around the room one more time, not seeing anything that would make any kind of noise without human help, and there weren’t any tracks to indicate anyone had been down there in the last six months.

He retrieved his flashlight and reached for the light switch. A tapping sound from the far side of the room stilled his hand. He turned around, but all he saw were empty shelves and a spider busily spinning a web in the corner. The tapping grew more frantic as he slowly approached the shelves.

“Hello? Is somebody there?”

The tapping stopped. “Help me! Please, get me out of here!” a hysterical female voice called, muffled by the wood-backed shelves.

It took Kennedy a moment to recover from the shock of actually getting a reply. “Keep tapping so I can figure out where you are.”

The tapping continued and so did the voice, though it now sounded like the woman was crying. “Please hurry! I have to get out of here! Please...”

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Regarding bio pics: That's why I'm using a glamour shot from a century, I meant....uh...a decade ago on my blog. I do NOT take good pictures. The little girl who took my photo for the paper, in September, snapped 14 shots before she got a good one.
TRUE story! It was taken in a corner of McDonald's near the restroom.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Miss Mae, I'm glad you enjoyed that book signing, and glad you met Danielle. I could tell she was pretty by her online pic, even before you sent the others.

EAWest
I remember well my first lesson in "author intrusion", when at the end of the second chapter I wrote..."And so began the journey of the country girl with a heart full of dreams. Dreams of buildings that touched the sky. Buildings even taller than the statuesque oak outside her bedroom window."

It may be an author intrusion, but it's poetic and lovely. It kind of reminds me of old books (pre-1950ish) where authors had more freedom to speak to readers in the narrative. Deep point of view (where we're in the shoes and mind of the character) is great, but sometimes I miss the well-written omniscient point of view that allowed readers to see the broader picture, kind of like you did at the end of your second chapter.

Miss Mae
Well, all, I have to pop away and visit my mom before her upcoming move back to the cold country. I'll check in later and read all the new postings. I wish everyone a happy 2010 (two-thousand ten when spoken, lol). All of the books posted thus far sound fascinating. One of these days when I'm not quite as busy, I'll have to check them out.

Hugs and happy reading/writing!

Janet

Thank you for coming, Janet! :) Hugs!

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
January 14th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hello, all! I had a minute, so I thought I'd stop by and see what's up. Actually, I have a question that I'm terrified to bring up, but maybe I'll do it anyway. I recently joined another "clean romance" group on goodreads, and another member mentioned she was trying to find good lesbian novels. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but in my opinion "clean" and "lesbian" do not mix. What do y'all think?

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:55 PM
E. A., everytime I read this excerpt I get cold chills. Puts me right here in that basement.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I second that, Janet. Thank you for dropping by. Be sure to check in again. We enjoy your input.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
E. A., everytime I read this excerpt I get cold chills. Puts me right here in that basement.

Teehee...as long as it's the good kind of cold chills that makes you want to read the story. :jump: <--- these guys are just too cute not to use at least once. LOL

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
In case there are any readers wondering who/what The Sweetest Romance Authors are (and if our number consists of only those who showed up today!), as our brief bio here at the forum says, we are romance authors who believe good, quality stories need to have no explicit bedroom scenes. Our physical romance is kept strictly G-rated, meaning no caresses go further than the heroine's shoulders.

We have a Yahoo group, a blog, a newsletter, a chat room where we present incredibly interesting guests (and a fun scavenger hunt!), and our spot here at Coffee Time Romance! Our growth is steady and consistent. So watch out, world. The Sweetest Romance is here to stay! :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Our growth is steady and consistent. So watch out, world. The Sweetest Romance is here to stay! :)

Amen to that! I'm so thankful to have a place that celebrates and encourages the sweet romances I love to read and write. Plus, the group members are fun, creative people.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
Hi, all. I'm still pretty unsure of how all this works, but I thought I'd stop by and say "hello!" I'm so glad to see there are soooo many good, "sweet" writers and readers out there. It does my heart good.

Miss Mae
Hello, all! I had a minute, so I thought I'd stop by and see what's up. Actually, I have a question that I'm terrified to bring up, but maybe I'll do it anyway. I recently joined another "clean romance" group on goodreads, and another member mentioned she was trying to find good lesbian novels. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but in my opinion "clean" and "lesbian" do not mix. What do y'all think?

Hi Ronda,

I agree. I think the person was confused and posted in the wrong place. "Lesbian" would go with erotic, not "clean" romance.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Hi, all. I'm still pretty unsure of how all this works, but I thought I'd stop by and say "hello!" I'm so glad to see there are soooo many good, "sweet" writers and readers out there. It does my heart good.

Ronda, jump right in and share what all your wonderful books are about. :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I hope Larry and Ashley are able to drop by. They add their own special kind of flavor to the discussion.

I'm going to break in a few minutes to walk my dogs. Yipper is "yipping" and Riley has his head in my lap. I take that as a strong hint.

Shhhhh! Don't tell hubby that I sometimes let the dogs inside after he leaves. He's gone to an auction.

Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
January 14th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know if this is coming through or not because I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to chat, but I totally agree!

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
My contemporary romantic suspense, "Said the Spider to the Fly" is from The Wild Rose Press, (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/said-the-spider-to-the-fly-p-1138.html?zenid=255d3250cab350ad41dd5874d55c69ab) both as ebook and print. It's won both the Best Book of the Week from LASR and The Romance Studio, plus Top Reads from WRDF, and a few other places.

Blurb:

Mona Murphy returns to Copper Springs to attend her grandfather's memorial service. His passing appeared ordinary enough—the official report stated he'd tripped and fallen down the staircase. Yet Preston Hitchcock, the insurance agent who'd sold a half million-dollar policy to Mona's grandfather days before the old man died, isn't convinced, especially when bloody towels are discovered in the backyard.

And that's only the beginning. Who is the hit-and-run driver who attempts to run Mona down? Why is her old boyfriend more ardent for her affections now than ever before? And why is Mona helpless to guard her heart from the devastating influence of Preston's practiced lady-killer smiles?

Secrets Mona never knew existed in Copper Springs become exposed. But none is so revealing as the one she fights to hide—and the very one that might save her life.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I can't imagine having exclusively outdoor dogs. My dogs are indoor/outdoor dogs. With the cold weather, they spend a lot more time inside, but once it warms up they'll spend hours playing in the yard.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I've read "Said the Spider to the Fly." The first spine-tingler I read by Miss Mae. It'll scare your socks off and make you love it at the same time!

I wonder if anyone has figured out "whodunnit" before the last page. Hmmm. I haven't heard anyone make that claim.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
I've read "Said the Spider to the Fly." The first spine-tingler I read by Miss Mae. It'll scare your socks off and make you love it at the same time!

I wonder if anyone has figured out "whodunnit" before the last page. Hmmm. I haven't heard anyone make that claim.

LOL, thanks, Laurie. I tried hard to make the plot complicated. :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I go outside every night and tuck their blankies around them. Make sure they are warm enough. Yipper makes a purring sound to show me she appreciates. On these really cold nights, I've thrown their blankies in the dryer to warm them first.

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I know, Miss Mae. Seriously, you are better at that than Perry Mason or Matlock. Even though most had trouble guessing the villian in those shows, I (Harumph! giving myself a pat), could guess in the last 20 minutes...at least 75% of the time.

But not so with Miss Mae!

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I go outside every night and tuck their blankies around them. Make sure they are warm enough. Yipper makes a purring sound to show me she appreciates. On these really cold nights, I've thrown their blankies in the dryer to warm them first.

That sounds like something I'd do if mine lived outside. I always joke that the dogs and cats are my furry kids. LOL :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I know, Miss Mae. Seriously, you are better at that than Perry Mason or Matlock. Even though most had trouble guessing the villian in those shows, I (Harumph! giving myself a pat), could guess in the last 20 minutes...at least 75% of the time.

But not so with Miss Mae!

I agree wholeheartedly. When I read See No Evil, My Pretty Lady I had no idea who the villain was until the very end. And I'm the one who can usually pick out the culprit halfway or so through the book.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Oh cool! I just noticed that I have over 100 posts on here!

And now back to the regularly scheduled chat. hehe :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I don't know about you, but in the past couple weeks I've started two new stories. One's to be full length, the other a short. Still my other full length begs to be finished. I needed a break from that one, though. Time to plot my next move.

Writing a short story seems to refresh your mind. Get your juices to flowing again. Does anyone feel the same way? Just wondered. I know some authors work on four projects at a time.

Until a couple weeks ago I was wracking my brain and asking, "How do they do it?" Now here I am....LOL.

LarryH
January 14th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I finally made it after a hectic day in the nearby Metropolis running around. Larry

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm trying to focus on two projects right now: a new short story that I already know is going to need some work and a novel-length manuscript I'm expanding and rewriting. Unfortunately, I keep having great ideas and thinking about several unfinished manuscripts languishing on my hard drive.

So many ideas, so little time. smilies/biggrinbandi

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hey, Larry! Great to see you survived the Metropolis.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I finally made it after a hectic day in the nearby Metropolis running around. Larry

Larry, great! Our fantastically sweet male author! :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hi, Larry! Did you get all your business taking care of in Metropolis? Superman's city, right? I've been through there a couple times. How far are you from Paducah. We live 50 miles south of Paducah.

LarryH
In regards to new projects, I've started a new novel and it puts me in a better mood than revising my old stories. My WIP is using my characters from my first short story, Lab Partners, Leroy and Jody. They are my favorite characters. Larry

Miss Mae
Well, I was going to post a link to my book trailer, but youTube says it's closed for maintenance. Phooey!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Yes, E.A. I know what you mean. I also have two manuscripts from a couple years back that beg to be revised and completed. Promoting and household stuff takes up a lot of time. LOL. YOu wouldn't think so to look at my house right now.

Oh well, like one post I read, "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life."

LarryH
January 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Metropolis is actually Bedford, Indiana and my dismal attempt at humor. From Kentucky, at least Louisville, it is about ninety minutes drive, perhaps 80 or so miles. Thanks to all who seen my arrival and those who have not too. Larry

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Larry, I'm glad you are getting into that new novel. It helps if you really like those characters.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Okay, here's the unofficial blurb for my newest ebook, Riley's Mission. It will only become official if my editor approves it. LOL

Riley's Mission is a romantic suspense coming from The Wild Rose Press. No cover yet, but maybe I'll have one in time for next month's chat.

Blurb:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Body Text 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyText3, li.MsoBodyText3, div.MsoBodyText3 {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-link:"Body Text 3 Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black;} span.BodyText3Char {mso-style-name:"Body Text 3 Char"; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Body Text 3"; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> A flooded hospital is the last place Jade Rosen wants to be, but thanks to a massive storm system and a botched evacuation that’s precisely where she’s trapped. When she discovers she’s not alone, her relief is short-lived. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the man who forced her into hiding.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson has been sent into the flooded Grant County General Hospital to locate a dangerously ill terrorist with guards who aren’t responding. He finds more than he bargained for when Jade Rosen appears.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Can Jade and Riley win their personal battle against terrorism and find their happily ever after ending?

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Oh! For some reason I thought you lived in Illinois. Sorry.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Blurb:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Body Text 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyText3, li.MsoBodyText3, div.MsoBodyText3 {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-link:"Body Text 3 Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black;} span.BodyText3Char {mso-style-name:"Body Text 3 Char"; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Body Text 3"; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:black;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> A flooded hospital is the last place Jade Rosen wants to be, but thanks to a massive storm system and a botched evacuation that’s precisely where she’s trapped. When she discovers she’s not alone, her relief is short-lived. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the man who forced her into hiding.<o>:p></o>:p>
<o>:p> </o>:p>
Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson has been sent into the flooded Grant County General Hospital to locate a dangerously ill terrorist with guards who aren’t responding. He finds more than he bargained for when Jade Rosen appears.<o>:p></o>:p>
<o>:p> </o>:p>
Can Jade and Riley win their personal battle against terrorism and find their happily ever after ending?

Ack! Attack of the silly smilies! Seriously, I have no idea where those things came from. Internet gremlins, I suppose.

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome, E.A.! I love it! :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 06:03 PM
LOL...those goofy smileys come from copy and paste. It's best to do a "preview" and get rid of them before you actually click "submit" :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome, E.A.! I love it! :)

Thanks! I'm hoping my editor is satisfied with the edits I sent in this morning. She's making me work hard, but the story is definitely stronger for it.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:07 PM
LOL...those goofy smileys come from copy and paste. It's best to do a "preview" and get rid of them before you actually click "submit" :)

I'll have to remember that next time. Otherwise, the smileys will again be interrupting what's supposed to be a suspenseful moment. :)

Miss Mae
January 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Just for a sample of Miss Mae's work, anyone is welcome to click over to my site (http://www.missmaesite.com) and download your FREE copy of my short story, "Fated Destiny."

Enjoy! :)

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM
The excerpt definitely caught my attention. By the way, Riley is my handsome Yellow Lab's name. So your Riley must be a real looker. Tee-hee.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Just for a sample of Miss Mae's work, anyone is welcome to click over to my site (http://www.missmaesite.com) and download your FREE copy of my short story, "Fated Destiny."

Enjoy! :)

It's a great story and definitely gives you a sense of Miss Mae's writing. I was hooked before the end of the first page!

LarryH
January 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I want to give a brief excerpt of my WIP entitled A Change of Heart. For those of you who have read Lab Partners are familiar with Leroy and Jody. Here it is. Who knows if it will see the light of day later.

They fell silent. Jody scanned the crowd and spotted Gretchen. Gretchen, three tables away, waved, turned thumbs up to her, pointing at Leroy. She included a silent puckering of her lips as if to make a woo hoo sound, fanning her face like she was heating up, and then pointed at Leroy again. Jody gave her best rolling of her eyes expression hoping to convince her she wasn't impressed or interested in Leroy.
That's it. Looks like Leroy has a long way to go to impress Jody. Larry

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm going to walk my dogs before it gets too dark. Due to cold weather, I haven't walked them in a couple weeks. I'll check back in an hour or so.

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:15 PM
The excerpt definitely caught my attention. By the way, Riley is my handsome Yellow Lab's name. So your Riley must be a real looker. Tee-hee.

Would you believe yours is the second dog named Riley I've heard about since writing this story? I might start to develop some kind of complex over it. LOL :)

Yes, my Riley's definitely handsome. I wouldn't mind at all if he were real. hehe

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I want to give a brief excerpt of my WIP entitled A Change of Heart. For those of you who have read Lab Partners are familiar with Leroy and Jody. Here it is. Who knows if it will see the light of day later.

I hope this one sees the light of day eventually. How else am I going to find out if Leroy wins Jody over? Great excerpt, Larry. :)

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I see we have over 170 posts, that's awesome! Please forgive me for darting in and out. I'm supposed to be working...so I have to sneak in and out *hee hee hee*.

Glad to see you made it Larry!

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hey! I baaack! (Or at least popping in and out again for a few minutes.) I'm leaving for an overnight trip in about 45 minutes, but don't any lurkers get any ideas. I not only have guard cats, I have CAT SITTERS! (And no, they're not the same thing, although my cats do sit around a lot.)

I'm sorry I haven't been able to spend more time on the thread today. I'm putting a note on my calendar to remind me EARLY next month, so I can not only try to help promote better, by so I can try not to schedule overnight trips on Sweetest Romance Chat Days!

I'll be looking forward to reading through all I've missed on the chat thread when I get home tomorrow!

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Enjoy your trip, Joyce!

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Blurb:
Babysitting a beautiful princess sounds like an easy job for former CIA agent Alex Girard, but when it becomes clear that the assassin trying to kill Tara is the same man responsible for killing his father he knows keeping her alive may be the toughest assignment of his life. Just as disturbing is the growing attraction he has for the future queen.

Excerpt:

Tara felt his eyes on her as she left the club. She suspected he was following her, but when she turned back to look, no one was behind her. She walked to the awaiting cab. As she reached for the door handle, someone grabbed her left hand. She swung around with a doubled fist. Her attacker ducked, grabbed her by the waist. She rammed her head back into her attacker’s face, then drove her heel into his foot. He grunted, stumbled backwards. She broke free, opened the door of the cab, and was then shoved into the backseat.<O:p</O:p

Her face pressed against the seat, both arms bound behind her back. Fear prompted her whole body to shake involuntarily.<O:p

“What’s going on? Ma’am, are you all right?” the driver asked.<O:p

“She’s fine. Tara, it’s me, Alex. I’m not going to hurt you. Just relax.”<O:p

His words seemed like they were coming from inside a tunnel. Desperate, she struggled against him trying to free her hands.<O:p

“You’ve nothing to be afraid of, Tara. I’m not going to hurt you. Just stop fighting me and listen.”<O:p

Against her will, he rolled her over onto her back, her arms still pressed beneath her. He seemed as surprised as she was, as the veins in his forehead pressed against tanned skin. Her eyes shifted to the corner of his mouth. Blood clotted around a thin cut. Good! “Who are you…what do you want from me?”<O:p

“I told you, I’m a friend of Scott’s. Don’t be afraid of me, I won’t hurt you.”<O:p

“You are hurting me.”<O:p

He loosened his grip and raised slightly, his eyes lowered to her jacket pocket where her gun was.<O:p

She rose on her elbows. “You look as frightened as I am.”<O:p

“Scott warned me not to underestimate you. Guess I should have believed him.”<O:p

She scooted over in the seat, her eyes steady on him. “If you wanted a lift, you could have asked.”<O:p

He straightened in the seat, turning slightly to face her. “I doubt you would have given me one. We didn’t exactly get off to a good start.”<O:p

“Well now you’re here, where can I drop you?”<O:p

“Actually, I’ll be going with you.” He looked up at the driver. “The Crown Center, please.”<O:p

“What do you mean you’re going with me…and how did you know where I’m going?”<O:p

“Scott asked me to keep an eye on you tonight. He got tied up in Jersey and couldn’t make it.”<O:p

“Why didn’t you tell me in the bar?”<O:p

“Scott told me you hated bodyguards, so I was trying a different strategy.”<O:p

Tara couldn’t help but laugh. “Surely you weren’t hoping to win me over with your charm and good looks?”<O:p

“Hey, I might be a little out of practice, but most women happen to think I’m very charming and good looking.”<O:p

“I’ll allow you that delusion, but I don’t need a babysitter. I’m quite capable of handling myself.”<O:p

“As capable as you are of taking care of yourself, you don’t have eyes in the back of your head, which is where I come in. For instance, I doubt you’re aware you were followed to the bar.”<O:p

“I was?” She glanced out the back glass.<O:p

“He was probably just a reporter, but then again, maybe he wasn’t. From what Scott tells me, you two have been looking for Derek Lazario, which isn’t a very smart thing to do. You do know who his father was, don’t you?”<O:p

Tara looked at him. “Diablo Lazario, a paid assassin born in Italy, was killed during a raid in Zurich.”<O:p

“And that doesn’t frighten you?”<O:p

She didn’t answer him. She was still trying to ascertain if she should believe him.<O:p

“Not only are you stubborn, you’re foolish.”

Available in print and ebook from Wings ePress<O:p</O:p

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Ooh, Anne, this sounds awesome! And I love the interaction between Alex and Tara.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Blurb and Excerpt from my sweet medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart:

Blurb:

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri. Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Excerpt:

[NOTE: In case it's not clear, Raynor has an injured leg and is using clutches in this scene. As you might be able to tell, my hero Triston is still a bit "conflicted" at this point in the story. How does he become "unconflicted"? You'll have to read my book to find out. ;) (Oh, yeah, and they're standing at the top of the castle's stairs as this scene takes place.)]

Fury swelled up again, overwhelming Triston’s alarm with a reignited blaze. “I have nothing to say to you, de Molinet,” he snapped, “and neither has the Lady Siriol. Now get out of my house.”

“I’m going. But can’t we settle this first?”

“The way you ‘settled’ with me using Clothilde?”

Raynor shook his head. “You wrong me, Triston. Why would I harm the Lady Siri? I owe her my life. You’d have left me to wallow in my blood the night of the banquet, and had she not pulled your blade away, you’d have cut my throat today.”

“As I may yet do if you do not get yourself out of my sight.”

Raynor’s amber eyes darted to the diminutive figure poised just behind Triston. Instinctively, Triston edged closer to Siri.

His warning did not stop Raynor’s advance. Raynor movements were jerky, suggesting that his leg was still weak and his skill with his new supports still less than expert.

“Triston, I pray you, if you would only listen—”

Almost at the same moment as Raynor spoke, Siri touched Triston’s arm. “Triston, please. Hasn’t this hate between you gone far enough?”

“Aye,” Raynor said, “I am willing to bury our past. Let Lady Siri be the bridge of peace between us.”

“Peace,” Triston spat at him. “’Tis not peace you want with me, Raynor. I am not taken in by the glib plea on your tongue, when ’tis hate I still see in your eyes. ’Tis revenge you want for your lying wanton of a sister, but you are not going to win it through the Lady Siriol. Leave her be, or I swear by my soul that I will—”

Raynor’s head went down before Triston could finish his oath. One of the crutches slipped and went spinning against the wall. Raynor’s knee buckled. He pitched forward into Triston’s chest, so hard that he almost knocked the breath from Triston’s lungs. Triston could not stop himself from lurching backwards. He felt the strong bump of his body colliding into Siri’s.

She gave a startled cry. He whirled about to see her teetering on the edge of the step where his impact had cast her. He grabbed for her arms, but they flailed out of reach, spinning wildly in a futile attempt to regain her balance. Her sleeve fluttered out of his desperate fingers, her skirt swung away from his clutching hand, even her hair flew defiantly from the fist he sought to close on it.

He had only time to scream her name before she was gone. He saw her falling and in the instant before his mind reeled into blackness, his heart pounded out Clothilde.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Ooh, Anne, this sounds awesome! And I love the interaction between Alex and Tara.

Thank you! They are quite a pair. I had so much fun with them.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Great excerpt, Joyce!

Blurb and Excerpt from my sweet medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart:

Blurb:

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri. Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Excerpt:

[NOTE: In case it's not clear, Raynor has an injured leg and is using clutches in this scene. As you might be able to tell, my hero Triston is still a bit "conflicted" at this point in the story. How does he become "unconflicted"? You'll have to read my book to find out. ;) (Oh, yeah, and they're standing at the top of the castle's stairs as this scene takes place.)]

Fury swelled up again, overwhelming Triston’s alarm with a reignited blaze. “I have nothing to say to you, de Molinet,” he snapped, “and neither has the Lady Siriol. Now get out of my house.”

“I’m going. But can’t we settle this first?”

“The way you ‘settled’ with me using Clothilde?”

Raynor shook his head. “You wrong me, Triston. Why would I harm the Lady Siri? I owe her my life. You’d have left me to wallow in my blood the night of the banquet, and had she not pulled your blade away, you’d have cut my throat today.”

“As I may yet do if you do not get yourself out of my sight.”

Raynor’s amber eyes darted to the diminutive figure poised just behind Triston. Instinctively, Triston edged closer to Siri.

His warning did not stop Raynor’s advance. Raynor movements were jerky, suggesting that his leg was still weak and his skill with his new supports still less than expert.

“Triston, I pray you, if you would only listen—”

Almost at the same moment as Raynor spoke, Siri touched Triston’s arm. “Triston, please. Hasn’t this hate between you gone far enough?”

“Aye,” Raynor said, “I am willing to bury our past. Let Lady Siri be the bridge of peace between us.”

“Peace,” Triston spat at him. “’Tis not peace you want with me, Raynor. I am not taken in by the glib plea on your tongue, when ’tis hate I still see in your eyes. ’Tis revenge you want for your lying wanton of a sister, but you are not going to win it through the Lady Siriol. Leave her be, or I swear by my soul that I will—”

Raynor’s head went down before Triston could finish his oath. One of the crutches slipped and went spinning against the wall. Raynor’s knee buckled. He pitched forward into Triston’s chest, so hard that he almost knocked the breath from Triston’s lungs. Triston could not stop himself from lurching backwards. He felt the strong bump of his body colliding into Siri’s.

She gave a startled cry. He whirled about to see her teetering on the edge of the step where his impact had cast her. He grabbed for her arms, but they flailed out of reach, spinning wildly in a futile attempt to regain her balance. Her sleeve fluttered out of his desperate fingers, her skirt swung away from his clutching hand, even her hair flew defiantly from the fist he sought to close on it.

He had only time to scream her name before she was gone. He saw her falling and in the instant before his mind reeled into blackness, his heart pounded out Clothilde.

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ronda, lesbian "romances" don't fit in our Clean Romances group. It was a spammer (apparently hitting other GoodReads groups as well). I've deleted both the member and the discussion he/she tried to start in our group. If it's popped up again, let me know so I can delete it again!

LarryH
January 14th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks, E.A. I'm having fun writing this new novel and I'm almost 7000 words into it. Leroy goes ice skating and gets clobbered in the head. Jody gets him an ice pack but she is still icy toward him. Larry

Joyce DiPastena
January 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Oh, heck! I just can't read fast enough to catch up with all your wonderful blurbs and excerpts. I've got to get out the door. (And I mean now!)

Happy chatting, my dear Sweeties! I'll catch up with all of you tomorrow/over the weekend!

LarryH
January 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I'm signing off. Sorry I didn't contribute much. I don't seem to know how to access new posts. Oh, well, maybe next month I'll have it figured out. I also need to update my ID that shows every time I post. Glad you all had a good time posting. Best wishes. Larry

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/annepatrick07/lethaldreams_texted_tagline.jpg

Lethal Dreams releases February 1st. Here's your chance to win an autographed copy!

Blurb:<O:p

Dr. Erin Jacobs is making a name for herself in the sports world. Drawing on her own life experiences, she encourages and inspires athletes to recover from career ending injuries. So why would someone want to hurt the good doctor?
<O:p</O:p

Detective Logan Sinclair is determined to find that answer. He’s been mesmerized by Erin from the moment she found him and his partner shot in an alleyway. Since that night their lives have never been the same. Will Logan be able to solve the puzzle of who wants Erin out of the way before it’s too late? And if so what impact will those answers have on their lives?<O:p

To win, answer the questions below in an email sent to: annepatrick07@yahoo.com (annepatrick07@yahoo.com) All answers can be found on my blog. Just click on my banner and it’ll take you there. All late comers are welcomed to participate in this contest. You have until 6pm (CTS) Saturday to get your answers entered into the drawing. Good Luck!<O:p

1. What unusual pets does author E.A. West have? The answer can be found in her interview on my blog. (If EA wishes to participate in this contest, my question to you is: What is the occupation of my heroine in my upcoming release, Fire and Ash?)
2. What are the names of my pets?

3. What quote from Winston Churchill did Miss Mae use in her interview on my blog?

4. What is the name of Morgan’s son in Journey to Redemption?

5. Where is Jo McDaniels hometown in my upcoming release, Ties That Bind?

6. What is the name of the homeless shelter where Dr. Erin Jacobs volunteers in Lethal Dreams? <O:p</O:p

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Larry, I agree with Miss Mae. Keep on writing this story. Interesting excerpt and characters.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM

They fell silent. Jody scanned the crowd and spotted Gretchen. Gretchen, three tables away, waved, turned thumbs up to her, pointing at Leroy. She included a silent puckering of her lips as if to make a woo hoo sound, fanning her face like she was heating up, and then pointed at Leroy again. Jody gave her best rolling of her eyes expression hoping to convince her she wasn't impressed or interested in Leroy.
That's it. Looks like Leroy has a long way to go to impress Jody. Larry

Sounds great, Larry. Keep up the good work!

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 08:05 PM
What grabs your attention the most...the book blurb or the cover?

Inquiring minds want to know:-)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I'm signing off for the evening. It's been an awesome day of chatting with some great books mentioned. Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and anyone who stops by later. Don't hesitate to comment! We'd love to hear from you. :)

EAWest
January 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM
What grabs your attention the most...the book blurb or the cover?

Inquiring minds want to know:-)

Okay, so I'll sign off in a minute. LOL

For me it's a combination of both. The cover grabs my attention so I'll pick up the book and read the blurb. But the blurb is the deciding factor. A great cover doesn't tell me as much about the story as the blurb.

Anne Patrick
January 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I'm signing off for the evening. It's been an awesome day of chatting with some great books mentioned. Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and anyone who stops by later. Don't hesitate to comment! We'd love to hear from you. :)

I think I will too. It's been a blast! Thanks everyone for stopping by. I look forward to next time.

Marianne
January 14th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Question time!

Great question!!

What I love most about writing is when I go into that "zone" and create the scene in my heart with nothing but words. There's no other 'high' like it. I know it's no surprise to most, and it may seem cliched, but it's so dang true, that the worst part of publishing is rejection. No matter how nice the person is, rejection still stings. No way around it.

As a reader and writer what makes me fall in love with a book is a writer who can draw me right in - with sight, sound, smell, crip dialogue, and most of all heartfelt emotion. Love an author who knows how to really put the emotions people feel into words and make me relate.

Marianne
January 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Great excerpt from Illuminations of the Heart, Joyce! Bravo.

Marianne
January 14th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Anne, I loved your excerpt from Lethal Dreams - sounds great!

Laurean
January 14th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Marianne, I'm with you on the emotions. I need to "feel" the characters emotions, almost become the heroine in the story. I've been amazed while reading a book when I've become so caught up in the story that a tear drops onto the page. A tear? And I didn't even realize I was crying.

Michael Landon is one of my heroes. He knew how to move his television audience to tears, laughter, sometimes anger, and surprise. I believe if your writing doesn't evoke some kind of emotional response, it's not worth your time. And probably won't be remembered a year from now.

Just my two-cents worth. LOL