PDA

View Full Version : Adopting Alyssa - 5 cups from Coffee Time

denisepatrick
April 23rd, 2007, 12:56 PM
I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd drop in and introduce you to Alyssa, an adorable 4-year-old with a past, and the couple who adopts her, Kelly and Jason Moore. The blurb is below:

When a tragic accident on the interstate leaves an orphaned 4-year-old in her charge, social worker Helen Carstairs is certain she's found the perfect couple to adopt her. Jason and Kelly Moore are a young couple in her congregation with a strong, steady faith.

The only thing that would make life more perfect for Kelly would be a baby of her own, not an enchanting four-year-old with adorable green eyes and the brightest smile this side of heaven. God seems to have other ideas and soon Kelly finds herself wondering how she got along without the little bundle of energy.

So, what are the odds that the bearer of so much joy would also be the catalyst that uncovers a secret Kelly thought long buried in her past? A secret which could undermine her faith and destroy her marriage, all in one fell swoop. But, as her world threatens to crumble around her, Kelly discovers the miracle of second chances and realizes God doesn't play the odds.

Matilda at Coffee Time Romance Reviews gave Alyssa 5 cups and had this to say:
This was a wonderful and very surprising treasure of a story. What a wonderful premise this story takes on. Faith, Love, and miracles can and do happen in this feel good book. I had tears in my eyes through most of this story. What a blessing Ms. Patrick has given us!

You can find Adopting Alyssa at Fictionwise and By Grace Publishing. (http://www.bygracepublishing.com/2006catalog.html)

lcsamano
May 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Wow this looks like a very intense book. I think I might have to purchase it. I love stories that can be inspiring and touching.

denisepatrick
May 8th, 2007, 07:14 PM
If you purchase and read it, I'd love to know what you think.

lcsamano
May 14th, 2007, 05:20 PM
When I do get it I will let you know. I haven't gotten it as of yet but it is on my want list.

luv2read
June 14th, 2007, 06:48 PM
I have to put this on my to Be read list. It sounds very sad but heartwarming. Hopefully I wont need tissues for this book.

denisepatrick
June 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Hopefully I wont need tissues for this book.
I won't guarantee you won't need the tissues, but you'll like the ending!

And, to whet your appetite, the sequel, Strikes Don't Matter, will be out in January!

Lila42
July 2nd, 2007, 03:44 PM
That sounds like a good book. When did it come out? I wonder if it is in the library by now. I will check this weekend when I go. Thanks for the post.

denisepatrick
July 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
It came out in November of 2006. And, I'm pretty sure you won't find it at the Library. But, you can find it on this page (http://www.bygracepublishing.com/2006catalog.html).

matilda
August 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I will definately have to get this when it comes.. out.

have you posted any excerpts anywhere yet for it? I'd love to check them out!

Matilda/Christy

denisepatrick
August 26th, 2007, 06:14 PM
I will definately have to get this when it comes.. out.
No excerpts out yet. I haven't started working on edits yet for it. But, here is the unofficial blurb for it:

No one strikes out with God

Gina Taylor left God behind after high school. A paralegal in a large, prestigious law firm in Salt Lake City, she's settled and content with her life. So -- why does she have the feeling something is missing?

The last place Trent Wilson would choose to live is Utah. Packed off to an out-of-state college after turbulent high school years, he's established himself and is on track to achieve his dream of becoming a partner in the law firm he works for.

God, however, has other plans, and bringing Gina back into the fold with Trent's help will force them both to decide where their futures lie.
---------------------------------
If you've read Adopting Alyssa, you'll recognize the heroine in this one as Kelly's best friend and confidante.

matilda
September 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Well I for one cannot wait for this bok to be released. I will be in line for a copy.

denisepatrick
January 4th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Strikes Don't Matter will be out January 25. I've had to change the hero's name from the post above, but the story's the same. (It's a long story - LOL!)

Check out my author thread and the By Grace Reader Loop (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bgpreadersloop/?yguid=291354749) for excerpts and contests throughout the month.

matilda
January 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Thank you for the heads up. I am really looking forward to reading this one.

Christy/Matilda

wishing you many sales!!

denisepatrick
January 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks, Matilda. I hope you enjoy it. It was fun to write, and a little heart-wrenching, too.

matilda
January 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Oh you are more than welcome.. I am sure this will be as wonderful as Adopting Alyssa was.. you can be sure that you have sold one copy!:notworthy:

christy/Matilda