PDA

View Full Version : Will B. at R.T.

Will_Belegon
April 26th, 2007, 03:27 AM
Checking in from Romantic Times!

Having a blast here in Houston... Tonight was the kickoff to everything and I met several people who had previously been little more than a name on the internet, including Ally Blue, whose Author threads are just a bit further down the page.

Kally Jo and Melissa hosted a sweet party prior to the Moulin Rouge bash tonight. Went to a couple of panel discussions... and saw my promo stuff just vanish from Promo Lane. Authors, if you are coming to R.T. in the future? Take your most optimistic hopes for how much promo stuff to bring... then times it by five. Wow! My stuff went fast!

I also took advantage of the goodie room and grabbed a bunch of new books to read.

My ego also got fed a little when I walked into Club R.T. for the first time and they directed me to the area where I needed to set up... with the rest of the cover models. *blush* I had to explain I was an author, not a model. I must admit, it felt nice to have that mistake made. It was only reinforced as the day went on. Man, I could get used to that. What guy wouldn't love it?

I'll check in again before I head back to California... *kisses*

Lainey
April 26th, 2007, 09:18 AM
hiya Will... am glad you made it on here and now you have everyone begging for more details... hmm better go buy some new jeans and rip up the old ones you can get a pair of scissors from Pat am sure she knows you are there. haha...

Hey also told you you might be swamped on the model bit let me know how that ball comes out and if what happens that I think will happen does ... you might just make a great cover model and another slice of career .. who knows ... just having fun is the best I bet though...

Keep in touch.

Lainey

Will_Belegon
April 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
hiya Will... am glad you made it on here and now you have everyone begging for more details... hmm better go buy some new jeans and rip up the old ones you can get a pair of scissors from Pat am sure she knows you are there. haha...

Hey also told you you might be swamped on the model bit let me know how that ball comes out and if what happens that I think will happen does ... you might just make a great cover model and another slice of career .. who knows ... just having fun is the best I bet though...

Keep in touch.

Lainey

Hi Lainey!

I stopped by the Dark Castle Lords and dropped your name. I've been crazy busy...but it's a fun busy. Looking forward to the Faerie Ball tonight.

Lainey
April 27th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Hmm that will either be really good for me or bad so depends what happens when they are all back here or they send pics or other stuff in the coming days and email updates. Guess I will find out more soon. Hope it is all good though for you especially and glad you are having fun Will.

Elaine

Will_Belegon
April 27th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Well, the Fairie Ball was a good time... but it was more of a "we're dressed up, look at us, take a picture!" atmosphere than the previous nights club atmosphere. While I did enjoy the attention and the time on the dance floor, especially with certain dark & dusky tall faieries and "fiesty" fellow authors, I definitely felt the Moulin Rouge party was wilder.

I met a lot more people on day two, including the owners of AllRomanceEBooks. I was suprised and pleased to find out one of them was from my hometown... It will be nice to have that contact to talk with and possibly see at local events.

Lots to see and do today as I look forward to the book fair on Saturday!

Karenne
April 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I am so glad you are sending these updates! Sighh...have fun today!:wub:

Will_Belegon
April 27th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I am so glad you are sending these updates! Sighh...have fun today!:wub:

I may even be convinced to share pictures...

depends on the method of convincing *wink*

Lainey
April 27th, 2007, 07:37 PM
But definitely do share and were the ladies of the Dark Castle Lords pretty much like I told you ... and were you swamped for dances I wonder especially with what you planned on wearing haha... glad you are having fun and keep up the updates I think you are doing more away from work while there than normal in fact... hey works for us stuck here at home not at RT.

Lainey

Karenne
April 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
(hands Lainey some chocolate) you and me both babe:teacher:

Will_Belegon
April 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Had the bookfair today... What a madhouse! I sold six books, which according to a couple of more traditional print authors that were near me was quite good... there is a lot of "looking down the nose" from some of the people here when it comes to ebooks. For me to have sold six copies while not having print available seems to be a victory to them... since I'm new to this world, I'll take their word for it.

Lots of partying, lots of networking... I've met some wonderful people. We have the Dorchester Immortals party tonight and one of their number is a highlander so it's back into the kilt for me...

Lainey
April 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
We know the ladies love men in kilts .. so am sure you will be another hit tonight ...let us know how it goes Will and glad you are keeping us updated and glad you sold some books too, that is great.

Lainey

...thanks Karenne for the chocy too