PDA

View Full Version : Februrary 2010, Chat With Us!

Pages : [1] 2

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Good morning, Coffee Time and reading world! We of The Sweetest Romance Authors welcome you to our February chat!

Get ready, because the fun will start at 9 a.m. EST!DrinkingCoffeeahhh

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:04 AM
The Sweetest Romance Authors says "good morning" to all our fellow "sweeties", and to all the readers who we hope will stop by today!

I don't know where you live, but here in Georgia, the sun is FINALLY shining! It's cold out, but it's a real treat to see that yellow ball! :whistle:

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Everyone! My hair's stickin' up all over my head, but...I'm here! How is everyone this brrrrr..rrrr... cold, snowy day?

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hi,
I'm Gail Pallotta.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'll step out and tidy up for a few minutes. Some of you may be able to see me thru the screen. Don't want to inspire another one of Miss Mae's suspense/horror stories.

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I posted "hello," but don't see it. Am I in the right place? New Sweetest Romance Author and computer novice, Gail Pallotta

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:17 AM
You're in the right place now, Gail, because I moved your posts. :)

Good morning, Gail, and thanks for coming over! Hope you have an absolute blast today!

And Laurie, yes, I see you! Girl, what are you doing with that bit of jelly on your chin? Here's a napkin, wipe it off fast! LOL

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Just to get things moving, I'd like to introduce myself:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME&#37;7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Miss Mae is an award winning, best selling author. “Said the Spider to the Fly”, published by The Wild Rose Press, has consistently rated outstanding reviews and has won the esteemed title of Best Book of the Week for The Long and the Short of It Reviews and from The Romance Studio. It can be purchased both in digital format and in print directly from the publisher’s site. “When the Bough Breaks”, a young adult coming-of-age is the first from Whimsical Publications. Not only has this book generated top reviews, it’s also won a Best Cover of the Month award, and won the 2009 P & E Readers’ Poll in the YA category.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Hard at work on her current manuscript, “Catch Me If You Can”, she plans the second of her Victorian mystery series, “Dear Winifred” to be finished later in 2010.
She also enjoys writing humor and non-fiction articles. Besides her monthly contributions to the ezine American Chronicle, some of her publications can be found in [I]The Front Porch Magazine, Good Old Days, and WritersWeekly.
She is the moderator of The Sweetest Romance Authors Yahoo Group, a group of romance authors who makes sure their romance stories stick straight to a G-rating. Visit our blog at http://thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Good morning, everyone! I hope you're all ready for a fun day of chatting. I know I am!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Hello there, Miss Liz! What have you been up to lately? :)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Staying out of trouble, I hope! LOL

Seriously, I've been finishing up edits on Riley's Mission (I just received the galley yesterday), finishing the first draft of my second romantic suspense, and working on the rewrite of my inspirational time travel romance. And that's in between the rest of life!

What's new with the lovely Miss Mae?

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Miss Mae, can you see me now? I did look like the scraggly-haired creature from the swamp. But with a blow dryer and a hair clip, I remedied that.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM
You've been busy! :) If you got the galley, do you have the cover yet? Can you post it?

Why don't you do an introduction about yourself? I'm sure our readers would love to hear more! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Miss Mae, can you see me now? I did look like the scraggly-haired creature from the swamp. But with a blow dryer and a hair clip, I remedied that.

You are GORGEOUS, Laurean! But then, you always are! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Lynn has sent over brownies, folks! :Hotdog: Um, Lynn, I think they may be a bit...over baked????

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hi,

Am I in the right place?

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I'm still excited over my short story, "Jonquils in the Snow." Can't believe how fast it was written, put up, and now I have 6 wonderful reviews. 5 on the site, one at You Gotta Read. Woo-hoo!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:47 AM
So let's start talking books! Laurean, tell us about your short story. I understand you're getting some great reviews! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I'm still excited over my short story, "Jonquils in the Snow." Can't believe how fast it was written, put up, and now I have 6 wonderful reviews. 5 on the site, one at You Gotta Read. Woo-hoo!

That's wonderful, Laurean. The cover is posted here in our forum under "the gallery of book covers" too, for those who would like to view it.

What inspired you to write this sweet story?

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Ooh, introduction time! Here goes...

I'm E.A. West, author of inspirational and other G-rated romance and fiction. Born and raised in Indiana, I still live there with my family and a small zoo. In addition to writing, I also love reading, crocheting, knitting, and being outdoors in my garden when the weather's warm. With over a foot of snow on the ground and the temperatures to go with it, the gardening is on hold for a while. :biggrin:

Currently, I have two ebooks available for purchase: Dreams Do Come True and Light in the Darkness. I haven't yet received a release date for the aforementioned Riley's Mission.

I'll be posting covers, blurbs, and maybe even some excerpts for all three stories later.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
How awesome, Laurie! Why don't you tell us a little about the story?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Ooh, introduction time! Here goes...

I'm E.A. West, author of inspirational and other G-rated romance and fiction. Born and raised in Indiana, I still live there with my family and a small zoo. In addition to writing, I also love reading, crocheting, knitting, and being outdoors in my garden when the weather's warm. With over a foot of snow on the ground and the temperatures to go with it, the gardening is on hold for a while. :biggrin:

Currently, I have two ebooks available for purchase: Dreams Do Come True and Light in the Darkness. I haven't yet received a release date for the aforementioned Riley's Mission.

I'll be posting covers, blurbs, and maybe even some excerpts for all three stories later.

I've read both of these and love 'em! Your writing is seamless, and Light in the Darkness had a spooky aura w/o leaving me in nightmares later! :) Just the proper touch of creepiness! LOL

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hi Gail! Thank you and Miss Mae, for posting at You Gotta Read re my new story, Jonquils in the Snow. Sorry I couldn't reply. Some technical problems. I assured you that I REALLY tried.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
All of our authors haven't made it over yet. :) A good bunch of them live on the west coast, so they made not have risen from bed yet. :krank01: So, make sure to check back often, as more show up later! :)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I've read both of these and love 'em! Your writing is seamless, and Light in the Darkness had a spooky aura w/o leaving me in nightmares later! :) Just the proper touch of creepiness! LOL
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

This is high praise coming from an author known for her amazing mysteries with their own spooky auras. I fell in love with See No Evil, My Pretty Lady as soon as I started reading it, and the suspense was well done...as was everything else about the story.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Aw, shucks, thanks, E.A. :wub:

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Morning ladies! Hope those of you on the east coast made it through the blizzard ok. I don't know about you but I am so ready for Spring :-)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I'm going a bit backwards with my news, but I'd like to mention that right now, through Feb. 15, I'm having a 20% sale on my short story, "Dove Island". (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934)It was voted SECOND in the P&E Readers' Poll for Short Story, Romance. (award is placed in the thread, 'Gallery of Book Covers')

Here is the blurb:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

When you buy the book, go to checkout and enter this coupon code: EA55G, download in the format you prefer.

Happy reading! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Morning ladies! Hope those of you on the east coast made it through the blizzard ok. I don't know about you but I am so ready for Spring :-)

Hi Anne! So happy to see you! I know, I watched the news about the blizzard last night! Brrr...our author, Loree Lough, already said she'd had 3 feet of snow, and then this new stuff...ugh!

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi,
I think I stumbled into the February chat room. Good morning, I'm Gail Pallotta, a new author with The Sweetest Romance, and I'm so happy I found the group and the chat.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Hi,
I think I stumbled into the February chat room. Good morning, I'm Gail Pallotta, a new author with The Sweetest Romance, and I'm so happy I found the group and the chat.

Well, hellloooooo, Gail!!! Wonderful to see you!!! Yay, have some of Lynn's brownies and sit back and talk with us! :)

Gail Pallotta
Hi,
I don't see my post, but I'm the author of an inspirational, Christian romance with a bit of suspense, Love Turns the Tide.

Laurean
"Jonquils in the Snow" is a story of anger, grief, and healing. Miranda Stevens' fiance' skipped town two days before the wedding. Brady Watson's wife was killed by a drunk driver. Anger gripped him for the first two years...until a near-fatal accident made him face the truth, causing him to let go of the anger. But...he can't get past the grief.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hi, Anne! Yep, Loree said she had shoveled a path to the woodpile and a path to where the dog is to do his business. I took it she's holed up in her cabin in the mountains.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hi there, E.A. Didn't mean to snub you, girl. Sounds like you've been awfully busy, too.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hey, Anne! As much as I love snow, I'm ready for a little warm weather myself.

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:31 AM
This sounds like a wonderful read. I have it on my TBR list. With all the rav reviews it's liable to be a run-away bestseller. Won't that be awesome!

"Jonquils in the Snow" is a story of anger, grief, and healing. Miranda Stevens' fiance' skipped town two days before the wedding. Brady Watson's wife was killed by a drunk driver. Anger gripped him for the first two years...until a near-fatal accident made him face the truth, causing him to let go of the anger. But...he can't get past the grief.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
"Dove Island" is an exciting read. Between the shark attack and pirates, ooooh! It deserved the P&E award. Congratulations. Still would love to see this in a full length. That one and "Fated Destiny."

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
This sounds great, Laurie! It also sounds like one of those stories I need a box of tissues to read, which just makes the "happy ever after" endings even better. LOL

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
"Dove Island" is an exciting read. Between the shark attack and pirates, ooooh! It deserved the P&E award. Congratulations. Still would love to see this in a full length. That one and "Fated Destiny."

Thanks, Laurie. You are such a supporter, you really brighten my days. :)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi there, E.A. Didn't mean to snub you, girl. Sounds like you've been awfully busy, too.
No worries. :) I have been busy, but busy writing is the best way for an author to be. :biggrin:

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Sweeties, I have some errands to run, but when I return, I'm posting about my books, blurbs, excerpts, reviews...and maybe even some surprises! :)

Keep it going, my friends! :) You're doing great!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I can't imagine that much snow. A cabin in the mountains sounds nice though :whistle: (couldn't resist..he's so cute)

Hi, Anne! Yep, Loree said she had shoveled a path to the woodpile and a path to where the dog is to do his business. I took it she's holed up in her cabin in the mountains.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I'm going to pop over and try to post on the loops. Yahoo wouldn't let me last night. Arrrrrgh!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Hey, EA. Whatcha workin' on? A mystery...suspense...?

No worries. :) I have been busy, but busy writing is the best way for an author to be. :biggrin:

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hey, EA. Whatcha workin' on? A mystery...suspense...?
Suspense is on my mind right now. I just received the galley for my first romantic suspense, Riley's Mission, and I completed the first draft for my second RS a couple of days ago. I also have that inspirational time travel romance I've been working on since last year. The rewrites on it are finally going much more smoothly. Now if I could just finish them! LOL :)

What are you working on?

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Lethal Dreams:
Dr. Erin Jacobs is making a name for herself in the sports world. Drawing on her own life experiences, she encourages and inspires athletes to recover one hundred percent from career ending injuries. So why would someone want to hurt the good doctor?

Detective Logan Sinclair is determined to find that answer. He’s been mesmerized by Erin since the night she found him and his partner shot in an alleyway. Since that night their lives have never been the same. He longs to find someone to share his life with and wants to help her secure her dream of someday opening a youth center. Erin doesn’t want to be a cop’s wife though. She’s been there and done that and paid the ultimate price. She doesn’t want to risk that kind of heartache again. Or does she?

See the book trailer here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNZCegxr30&feature=player_embedded

Reservations for Two:
Widower’s Maggie O’Brien and Carson Jennings are both on a journey to rediscover who they are. Maggie, an adventurous former pastor’s wife of thirty-nine years, hopes to find closure in the place she and her husband spent their honeymoon. Carson, a retired judge, is living his lifelong dream of traveling across the U.S. in his RV. When their paths cross in the tranquil setting of Mason Springs, New Mexico, love is the last thing that either of them expects to find.

When this mix matched pair comes together they find themselves in some hilarious and even precarious situations that will make you laugh and sometimes cry. As the romance begins to blossom they face many obstacles that threaten to tear them apart and what Maggie discovers about herself in New Mexico will redefine her future and alienate one of her children.

Will Carson and Maggie’s love for one another be strong enough to weather the storms or will their love for their children keep them apart?

See book trailer here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQdcQppAoUA&feature=player_embedded

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hello,
I don't mean to repeat myself, but I wonder if I'm posting correctly, so I'm trying something different. I'm the author of Love Turns the Tide, an inspirational, Christian romance with a bit of suspense. In it Cammie O'Shea, the main character, suffers a traumatic split-up with her fiance and must move to take a new job in a strange place at the same time. But, will her move be a disaster or a blessing in disguise?

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm working on a Romantic Suspense and a Inspirational Romance. I don't know if I'll ever get them finished at the rate I'm moving. I keep getting sidetracked with edits. I just finished up two rounds of edits on Out of the Darkness, coming out in May, so I hope to get back to work on my WIP's this weekend.

Suspense is on my mind right now. I just received the galley for my first romantic suspense, Riley's Mission, and I completed the first draft for my second RS a couple of days ago. I also have that inspirational time travel romance I've been working on since last year. The rewrites on it are finally going much more smoothly. Now if I could just finish them! LOL :)

What are you working on?

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Time for a little cover posting! Here's the cover and blurb for my upcoming romantic suspense Riley's Mission:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/RileysMission_w5104_300.jpg

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she’s not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.<o></o>
<o></o>
Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren’t responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.<o></o>

Will Jade and Riley finally find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?<o></o>

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/%3Ca%20href=%22http://photobucket.com%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg% 20src=%22http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/RileysMission_w5104_300.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20 alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm working on a Romantic Suspense and a Inspirational Romance. I don't know if I'll ever get them finished at the rate I'm moving. I keep getting sidetracked with edits. I just finished up two rounds of edits on Out of the Darkness, coming out in May, so I hope to get back to work on my WIP's this weekend.

I know the feeling. It always seems like there's something to keep us from writing, doesn't it?

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I absolutely love your cover!!! This sounds like a must read for me. When's it coming out?

Time for a little cover posting! Here's the cover and blurb for my upcoming romantic suspense Riley's Mission:

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/RileysMission_w5104_300.jpg

<LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml" rel=File-List><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx" rel=themeData><LINK href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CELIZAB%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml" rel=colorSchemeMapping><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>
Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she’s not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.<O></O>

<O></O>

Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren’t responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.<O></O>

Will Jade and Riley finally find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?<O></O>

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/%3Ca%20href=%22http://photobucket.com%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E%3Cimg% 20src=%22http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/RileysMission_w5104_300.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20 alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E%3C/a%3E

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I absolutely love your cover!!! This sounds like a must read for me. When's it coming out?
Unfortunately, I won't find out the release date until sometime after I'm done with the galley. You can be sure I'll let everyone know the date as soon as I get it though!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM
That's frustrating, especially when you're trying to set up interviews, blog tour etc to promote the release.:womancomputer:

Unfortunately, I won't find out the release date until sometime after I'm done with the galley. You can be sure I'll let everyone know the date as soon as I get it though!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:33 PM
That's frustrating, especially when you're trying to set up interviews, blog tour etc to promote the release.:womancomputer:
I should have at least a couple of months to prepare for the release once I have the date. Between now and then, I'll just make plans and do as much as I can without having a definite date.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Anne, I love your cover, too. And EA, who did your cover? Wow!

Folks, I've been out "tweeting" the bushes, banging on Yahoo doors, and "lassoeing" at the loops, to get people to the chat.

Now...what did I miss?

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Hi,
I think my posts aren't getting through yet, because I'm new to the forum. If this one gets through if anyone would like to visit my Web site it is http://www.gailpallotta.com It tells a little about me and a little about Love Turns the Tide. I look forward to getting to know more about all of you and your books.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Looking for a mystery with a hint of romance? Try Light in the Darkness, available now from Sea Crest eBooks (http://www.seacrestebooks.com/).

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/eawest/light_in_the_darkness.jpg

Kennedy Drake loves exploring dark places, which makes his job as a graveyard shift security guard ideal. While checking out strange noises in his elderly neighbor’s basement, he discovers a hidden room with a woman trapped inside. Chastity Mooreland has more to fear than her time trapped in darkness. Will Kennedy believe her bizarre tale of a stalker no one thinks is guilty—and will he help free her from a life of despair? Can Chastity look past her suspicion of mankind to accept his offer of friendship?

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
And EA, who did your cover? Wow!

The wonderful Nicola Martinez did the cover for Riley's Mission. She creates such amazing covers!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Very nice cover on Riley's Mission EA! I'm just sliding in to say Hi.

psthib
February 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
I hope I'm in the right place - Laurie posted on WRIB loop about the chat and I wanted to stop by and say hello.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I think my posts aren't getting through yet, because I'm new to the forum. If this one gets through if anyone would like to visit my Web site it is http://www.gailpallotta.com It tells a little about me and a little about Love Turns the Tide. I look forward to getting to know more about all of you and your books.
Hey, Gail, glad you're here! It looks like your posts are showing up now. Love Turns the Tide sounds like a wonderful story.

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I've been working on this thing (in the midst of doing editing) for about a week now and I think I'm ready to go public with it. In the next week or so I'll be doing some house cleaning at my blog, Suspense by Anne, to make it more visitor friendly. Also for those authors who are interested, I have a friend page set up on my new website where I will be posting links and banners. If you want to exchange banners or links feel free to contact me.

To visit my new website, just click on the banner below!

Now you may notice on my news page, March Madness - coming soon. This is a month long contest I'm having on my blog (http://www.suspensebyanne.blogspot.com). There will be weekly book giveaways from me and other authors and a grand prize valued at over $50. Plus there will be a scavenger hunt (I haven't ironed out the details of it yet) so mark your calendars now for March Madness on Suspense by Anne!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Hi Anne- first I've read about Lethal Dreams! Sounds good!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Very nice cover on Riley's Mission EA! I'm just sliding in to say Hi.
Thanks, Martha! It's good to see you here.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I hope I'm in the right place - Laurie posted on WRIB loop about the chat and I wanted to stop by and say hello.
You're in the right place, Pam. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to join in the conversation. :)

psthib
February 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM
You're in the right place, Pam. Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to join in the conversation. :)

I'd love to join in the conversation - but what is it about? Anything in particular or just general chit-chat?

I don't want to step on any toes LOL!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hey everyone! Is this the "place to be"? If so, I'm here!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Pam! Welcome. Why don't you tell us about any new books you have out.

I'd love to join in the conversation - but what is it about? Anything in particular or just general chit-chat?

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi,
Hi Gail - Nice to meet you. Love Turns the Tide sounds like a nice story. Are you in Florida or Georgia? I have a special blog feature for Florida authors...since I am in Florida.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM

It's mostly just chit-chat right at the moment with occasional bits of new from the authors of TSRA.

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Martha! How's that new venture of yours going?

Hi Anne- first I've read about Lethal Dreams! Sounds good!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone! Is this the "place to be"? If so, I'm here!
Hey Joyce! Glad you made it! How are you this fine Thursday?

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hey Joyce! Glad you made it! How are you this fine Thursday?

Well, I'm even more excited to be here, now that I see I have an award over there on the left side of my screen! How do you earn an award here on CTR and what do you win them for?

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I'm going a bit backwards with my news, but I'd like to mention that right now, through Feb. 15, I'm having a 20% sale on my short story, "Dove Island". (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934)It was voted SECOND in the P&E Readers' Poll for Short Story, Romance. (award is placed in the thread, 'Gallery of Book Covers')

Here is the blurb:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

When you buy the book, go to checkout and enter this coupon code: EA55G, download in the format you prefer.

Happy reading! :)
Don't think I have congratulated you on this award too! Well Done Miss Mae!!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Well, I'm even more excited to be here, now that I see I have an award over there on the left side of my screen! How do you earn an award here on CTR and what do you win them for?

Oh, wait! You're the one with the award on your screen, EA! What did you win it for?

psthib
February 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Pam! Welcome. Why don't you tell us about any new books you have out.

Hi Anne,

Thanks!

I don't have any new work out since March of last year. Life got in the way of my writing/submitting.

However, I have recently finished a short story and submitted it to White Rose Publishing and am hoping for an acceptance. I'm also still waiting on acceptance/contract for my WF novel The Visionary.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi, Pam. Yep, you're in the right place. Some of our authors live on the west coast, so they might pop in later. What are you up to?

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Gail, I visited your site the other day. Learned a lot about you. And now...now I know what you look like. That goes for you, too. Anne. Hee-hee!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Oh, wait! You're the one with the award on your screen, EA! What did you win it for?
I received it for being a member for one year.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hi, Joyce! I just noticed you were here. What are you working on now?

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi, Pam. Yep, you're in the right place. Some of our authors live on the west coast, so they might pop in later. What are you up to?

I'm on the almost-West coast. I'm in Arizona. As soon as California slides into the ocean (should be any day now!), we're gonna have a beach! :whistle:

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Laurean & Joyce. :whistle:

Gail, I visited your site the other day. Learned a lot about you. And now...now I know what you look like. That goes for you, too. Anne. Hee-hee!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM
LOL...as soon as it does let me know. I love the ocean and I've always wanted to live in Arizona.

I'm on the almost-West coast. I'm in Arizona. As soon as California slides into the ocean (should be any day now!), we're gonna have a beach! :whistle:

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I'm excited! Gotta share my news. My sweet medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart, is in the running to win a Whitney Award (http://www.whitneyawards.com/2009finalists.html)!

Here's the blurb for Illuminations of the Heart:

Clothilde.”

He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri.

Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

There's gonna be an awards ceremony at the LDS Storymakers Writers Conference in April and everything! Everyone wish me luck!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hi, Joyce! I just noticed you were here. What are you working on now?

Hi Laurean! I'm working on a sort of "spin-off" to my sweet medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart. One of the secondary characters in that book has decided he wants to be a troubadour. Will he become one or won't he? I think I know the answer, but you never know, he might surprise me before I finish his story! You know how one's characters can be, once you actually get them on the page. ;) I'll have to take a break for a few hours this afternoon to work some more on his story. (Yes, I know it's afternoon where some of you are, but it's only late morning here!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi Laurean & Joyce. :whistle:

Howdy, Anne! :plant:

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Martha! How's that new venture of yours going?
We are getting the eTreasures website more in place everyday and the blog is up and going. Just have to get the readers/bloggers in so we can start some contests and get the word out more! We've had several submissions too so have started the process of evaluating with one now into editing. It sure is a learning process and I begin to understand that gap of time from submission to release!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm excited! Gotta share my news. My sweet medieval romance, Illuminations of the Heart, is in the running to win a Whitney Award (http://www.whitneyawards.com/2009finalists.html)!

There's gonna be an awards ceremony at the LDS Storymakers Writers Conference in April and everything! Everyone wish me luck!
Way cool! Wishing you tons of luck!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hey, congrats on the nomination. I wish you the best of luck. I enjoyed the blurb. Sounds like a really great read.

Howdy, Anne! :plant:

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
We are getting the eTreasures website more in place everyday and the blog is up and going. Just have to get the readers/bloggers in so we can start some contests and get the word out more! We've had several submissions too so have started the process of evaluating with one now into editing. It sure is a learning process and I begin to understand that gap of time from submission to release!
I'm not sure if I've congratulated you yet on getting into the publishing business. If not (and even if I have, hehe) here's a big congratulations on your new venture! I'm sure you'll be an expert on publishing in no time.

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I checked out your website a while back and it looked like you had quite a few authors already onboard. That's great.

Lynn F
February 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Just dropped in a sec. Here is another big plate of Brownies.
Soup is done, Washing about done , then I can get in for quite a bit this afternoon as soon as I feed hubby

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hey, congrats on the nomination. I wish you the best of luck. I enjoyed the blurb. Sounds like a really great read.

Thanks, Anne!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 02:00 PM

I think this is so exciting, Martha! You're gonna be so busy, you won't have time to get in trouble anymore. ;)

LarryH
February 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Had a tough time finding where I needed to be here. Thanks, Laurie for providing the link. Just now made it. Will duck in and out. I hope to do some writing today on my novel A Change of Heart. This features my characters in my first short story Lab Partners available at Wild Rose Press. Larry

Joyce DiPastena
Soup is done, Washing about done , then I can get in for quite a bit this afternoon as soon as I feed hubby

Brownies! Yum! Do some of them have nuts? Pecan or walnuts?

DanielleThorne
Enjoy it because they are calling for snow tomorrow, even down here!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Had a tough time finding where I needed to be here. Thanks, Laurie for providing the link. Just now made it. Will duck in and out. I hope to do some writing today on my novel A Change of Heart. This features my characters in my first short story Lab Partners available at Wild Rose Press. Larry

Hi Larry! Welcome! Glad you found your way to our chat. :)

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I am a fan of Miss Mae's books! I highly recommend WINIFRED...my favorite!

Anne Patrick
February 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Lynn, thanks for the brownies. Soup sounds just as good. Okay, now I'm hungry. I'm gonna dash out of here for awhile, grab some lunch, and try and get some of my work done. I'll back in later this afternoon.:scooter:

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I'm reading your posts, Gail. And I'm looking forward to reading LOVE TURNS THE TIDE.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Sounds awesome--I know the book cover and trailer are.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
A Whitney Award, EA? That sounds awesome! Let's toast E.A.'s book with Miss Mae's recipe. Whaddya say?

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
GREAT cover!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I really need the chocolate today. Crazy goings ons around here.

Laurean
Hi, Larry. Glad you popped in. Sounds like you are coming along nicely on Lab Partners, the full length.

Oops! I think Larry has left the building.

DanielleThorne
Hmm.. a shark attack? I'll have to definitely check that out! My next release due out July has some of those little critters, too! Hammerheads to be exact!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
A Whitney Award, EA? That sounds awesome! Let's toast E.A.'s book with Miss Mae's recipe. Whaddya say?
Joyce is the one nominated for the Whitney Award. Let's pass the toast on to her!

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Hi, Dani. Brace up for the snow. Better locate your snow shovel. I saw on the news where they are selling out faster than they stores can stock them...in the mid-Atlantic states.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Sorry, Joyce. "Blushing." I read that wrong. Still want to break out the recipe and toast her book. LOL.

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Here's the blurb for Illuminations of the Heart:

Clothilde.”

He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri.

Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Congrats and good luck Joyce on the award! I have to get this book to read!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Larry, Danielle, glad to see you! Lynn, thanks for the brownies. We were running out of the ones you sent with Miss Mae this morning. LOL

I'm going to pop out for a bit to grab some lunch and get a little work done, but I'll be back and ready to chat later.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I think I've read through all the posts this morning. Enjoyed your sharing and caring. Lots of new exciting stuff coming out from the Sweeties this year! My own new novel is titled BY HEART AND COMPASS. More about that later. Hi to all you LURKERS! And Hi to my good friends. Must dash off again to the dentist for Son #4...but will be on the last hour to say hi to all the sleepy night owls getting up for the day!

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Ooooh, Dani! Sharks in your book, too? Reading about them gives me the creeps. It's a good kind of creepy feeling. The kind that keeps you turning the page.

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure if I've congratulated you yet on getting into the publishing business. If not (and even if I have, hehe) here's a big congratulations on your new venture! I'm sure you'll be an expert on publishing in no time.
Thanks so much EA! Yes I'm more and more busy! Just had an office phone call so I had to back track into the threads here to catch up again! LOL

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Joyce, "Illuminations of the Heart," has to be special to win an award like that. Your excerpt certainly drew me in. I have a question, though. Where do you find names for your mideval characters? (Did I spell mideval wrong? Seems like it need another "i' or "e" in it.)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Martha, you've taken on a big job. But I know you can do it. We are all proud of you. Break out the recipe for Martha, too! Where IS Miss Mae? Imbibing the recipe?

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I checked out your website a while back and it looked like you had quite a few authors already onboard. That's great.
Yes Anne - There are 31 authors and 33 existing books. Some sci fi, suspense, horror, mystery, YA and a couple of non fiction. No romance yet so I'm looking to build that up. I'm taking some online classes for writing and promotion so that I can help the existing and new authors too!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I think this is so exciting, Martha! You're gonna be so busy, you won't have time to get in trouble anymore. ;)
Hi Joyce!! Who said I get in trouble? Moi??? I hope I don't get in trouble with all the juggling of my businesses I'll be doing! Was glad to get some excited "team/staff" people to help me!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Larry - That sounds interesting! I liked the characters from Lab Partner... good solid people! :)

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
If anyone is interested, I have two giveaways going on over on my JDP NEWS (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/) blog. One is for a copy of the suspense novel, Missing, by one of our own Sweeties, Ronda Hinrichson. The other is for a sweet Victorian Romance, called Love Engineered, by Jenna Dawlish. You can read interviews with both of these lovely authors, as well as enter my drawings to win a copy of their books!

Click here (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/01/missing-by-ronda-gibbs-hinrichsen.html) for my interview with Ronda and the Missing giveaway.

Click here (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/02/jenna-dawlish-author-interview-and.html) for my interview with Jenna Dawlish and the Love Engineered giveaway.

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Martha, you've taken on a big job. But I know you can do it. We are all proud of you. Break out the recipe for Martha, too! Where IS Miss Mae? Imbibing the recipe?
Thanks for the encouragement Laurie! A toast to all of us would be nice!! Miss Mae must still be out...we can only guess where when it comes to Miss Mae! :) I'm going to go grab some lunch too.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Writing "Jonquils in the Snow" gave me the inspiration I needed. I was in a rut and needed a break. I guess you can get that way working on full-lengths, especially when it's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together.

I can't even say where the idea for "Jonquils in the Snow" came from. But when I sat down with a pen to write, the words began to flow like honey. Sometimes they flowed faster than I could pen them. Don't you love it when that happens? It's like there is "Someone" giving you the words. Just pray that it happens again...soon.

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Joyce, "Illuminations of the Heart," has to be special to win an award like that. Your excerpt certainly drew me in. I have a question, though. Where do you find names for your mideval characters? (Did I spell mideval wrong? Seems like it need another "i' or "e" in it.)

Yes, Laurean, you need to switch a few letters around and add another "i" for "medieval". I know! Doesn't look the way you say it, does it. Ain't English great? LOL!

I started collecting medieval names back in college, when I was majoring in history. Whenever I read a medieval history book, I would jot down names I ran across on a handwritten list. Then, years later, I found a book called "The Oxford Dictionary of English Christian Names", by E.G. Withycombe. It lists like a gazillion names alphabetically, and tells when the names became popular in England, and what their country of origin was. So I went through and redlined all the names that became popular in England during the Middle Ages, and made a note of the names that originated in France, so I could use them for my French characters. (Which is where my current series of novels are set, in medieval France.) I combined these names with the ones I collected in college and typed them all up on the computer and printed out the list. Now I always keep it close when I write, so when I need to name a character, I just pull out my list and go down it until I find one that I think will "fit".

"The Oxford Dictionary of English Christian Names" is a really great book! It would work well for finding appropriate names for ANY time period, not just medieval. I think it's out of print, but you can probably find used copies on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Oh thanks,
This is the first I've known that they are getting through.

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Good luck with the Whitney Award. Have fun at the conference.

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Hi Laurean,
Thanks so much for going to my site. I'm just back from lunch, but have found the forum and am catching up -- I hope.

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Good luck with the Whitney Award. Have fun at the conference.

Thanks, Gail! I probably won't win--there's some tough competition! But being a finalist will look good on my resume. :)

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Oh wow! What is the blog feature? I'd love to find out about it.

LarryH
February 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Still here, but I guess when you don't post for awhile you get bailed out and must sign in again. Thanks Laurie, Martha on comments on my new novel. I'm over 26K words now. Jody is more receptive to Leroy but she tells him she's a career gal and Leroy perceives a man friend is excess baggage to her. How sad is that? Larry

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 03:02 PM
You bet it will!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone! Looks like some good chatting going on here! Had to get groceries, post office, bank, you know, all that stuff...just in case the bad stuff comes tomorrow!

Anne, I was so hoping my book would've come in, but nope. Maybe by Sat.!

And welcome to all who've posted, or even read, while I've been away.

Pam T, thanks for visiting. We are The Sweetest Romance Authors (we write strictly G-rated romance), and we hold monthly chats here every month, except for Nov. and Dec. We are here to present what we write, converse with readers, and get to know new people! (since you asked, that's why I'm telling this! LOL)

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Glad I made it before all the brownies were gone.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
And anyone else I might've missed! Good to see you! :)

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Okay, I have a question for all you writers before I run off for lunch. Are you a "fast" writer or a "slow" writer? I'm a slow writer. :( I seem to average about 500 words or so an hour. But I saw a published author post a "status" on Facebook saying that she'd written 30,000 words in a day! At my personal average, I'd have to write non-stop without sleeping for TWO days just to whip out 24,000 words!

So how about you? What is your average hourly writing rate? Assuming you keep track, of course. (I've only started to keep track recently.)

I'll be back later today to check out your answers!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Hi there to any lurkers, or readers!

Won't you jump in and share your thoughts with us? Tell us what it is you love about sweet romance, your favorite sweet author, any particular sweet scene that's memorable, and your favorite sweet hero, and why he's your favorite!

We'd love to hear what you have to say! :)

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks, Gail! I probably won't win--there's some tough competition! But being a finalist will look good on my resume. :)

As a member of the "unofficial" Joyce DiPastena fan club, I would have to disagree with ya, there, Joyce. Yea, the competition is gonna be tight, but I think you have a really good chance. (At least 1 in 5, right?!)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Okay, I have a question for all you writers before I run off for lunch. Are you a "fast" writer or a "slow" writer? I'm a slow writer. :( I seem to average about 500 words or so an hour. But I saw a published author post a "status" on Facebook saying that she'd written 30,000 words in a day! At my personal average, I'd have to write non-stop without sleeping for TWO days just to whip out 24,000 words!

So how about you? What is your average hourly writing rate? Assuming you keep track, of course. (I've only started to keep track recently.)

You're much faster than me, Joyce. Some days all I can crank out is 500 words...that's in a DAY, not an hour!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
As a member of the "unofficial" Joyce DiPastena fan club, I would have to disagree with ya, there, Joyce. Yea, the competition is gonna be tight, but I think you have a really good chance. (At least 1 in 5, right?!)

Hi, Sarah!

Thanks for coming over! Remember me from I Need Friends Friday??bhowdysmilie.gif

psthib
February 11th, 2010, 03:13 PM

When the words are flowing I can average 1-2K words in about an hour. When writing seems like pulling permanent teeth - maybe 200. Just depends on the zone I'm in.

As for 30,000 in a day? I'm sure it's possible although I've never been able to sit down for a whole day and moniter my writing to that degree - I'm lucky to have an hour a day.

Great question.

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Martha,

I'd love to know about your blog for Florida authors.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Awesome, Liz! Love it! :)

Gail Pallotta
February 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Joyce,
I'm a slow writer. I can't imagine 30,000 words in one day. Makes my head spin to think about it. I once had an author tell me she wrote fourteen hours a day. I can't imagine the time or concentration for that either.

LarryH
February 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
writing speed? I also go by daily output. Usually I do crank out a bunch of words all at once but don't get back to writing usually after that burst. My WIP I've managed to write every day since I started in early Jan. Bad day 58 words, best day 1620 words, yesterday 670 words. Need to get to writing today too. Larry

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I won't be posting any book covers, as I have them all in the thread called "Gallery of Book Covers", but now I'd like to talk a bit about my YA with Whimsical Publications (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html) titled, "When the Bough Breaks." This book WON the 2009 P&E Readers' Poll in its' category. It also won the August Best Book Cover at Authors Meeting Place. I'm thrilled! :)

Blurb and excerpt to follow. :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Blurb:

Darlene Moore’s reason for shunning Parker Shane has nothing to do with his reputation of being a playboy. She even dates him before the death of her mother forces her to move away. After a two-year absence from Dalesville, she returns home to find Parker exchanging wedding vows with her sister. Two months later, her sister dies.

Then Richard Ryan, head of Dalesville’s wealthy, prominent family, and Parker’s employer, goes missing. Could there be a connection to his disappearance and Parker’s unexpected promotion?

Danger and questions a plenty barrage Darlene with the deadly speed of a six-shooter. Who called down a representative from a Washington agency? Who later assaulted him? Who attacked Darlene at her friend’s apartment? And will Parker’s scandalous brand of playboy be changed to one of murderous culprit? Or, in the moment of Darlene’s greatest need, might he become her rescuing knight?

Excerpt:

He chuckled softly. “All I want to know is if you’d like to go out with me?”

Wholly unprepared for the question, Darlene stared straight ahead, unblinking. Her tongue refused to work, and for one scary moment, she thought she forgot how to breathe. “You aren’t serious?” she finally managed to gasp.

He raised a curious brow. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Because everybody knows Ellie Pearson is your girlfriend.”

“They do, huh?”

“Yes! And if that’s not bad enough, your reputa—” She caught herself, clamping her mouth shut to keep the words from spilling out.

“My what?” Parker eased up on the gas to give a wide berth to a terrapin that lumbered across the road. “My reputation?”

Darlene raised a wrist and wiped sweat off the side of her cheek. Desperately, her eyes strained to see George Vining’s garage. Just around the next curve, past the tall white pine…

“I’ve heard some of the things said about me.” At the odd note in his voice, Darlene stole a peek at his profile. He wore a faint smile. “So. How about a date?”

Unable to believe he asked again, she floundered for the right answer. “Look, I…” She gulped and blurted out, “I’m not the kind of girl you date.”

“I date pretty girls. And you definitely fill the bill.” He moved his hand off her seat, his fingers grazing her bare arm. Though the touch appeared accidental, Darlene had the sneaking suspicion it hadn’t been.

Discreetly, she edged closer to her door. “But Ellie’s your girlfriend.”

“A guy can’t date more than one girl at a time?”

“No. It wouldn’t be right.”

Parker gave a low laugh. The attractive way it rumbled deep in his throat threatened to short circuit Darlene’s already overcharged nerves. “Little lady,” he murmured, “you drive a hard bargain.”

psthib
February 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well friends, gotta run; will try and check back later but been on the computer too many hours for now.

Have a blessed day and enjoy the chat!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Oh wow! What is the blog feature? I'd love to find out about it.
I linked with a Literary Road Trip to feature Florida authors at my review blog. The original post is here (http://marthasbookshelf.blogspot.com/2009/12/calling-florida-authors-join-literary.html). I know one or two Florida authors I have to contact but I didn't get to it this past month or so of busyness.

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Well friends, gotta run; will try and check back later but been on the computer too many hours for now.

Have a blessed day and enjoy the chat!
Oh Sorry I missed saying "Hi" to Pam. Hope she reads the chat later... HI!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Hi Miss Mae - are you sharing the recipe yet? BTW I love this web cover picture you are using! Suits your books.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'd like to announce to anyone, too, that I also have a free read, "Fated Destiny" available. This is a short ebook in pdf and you just download it from my site. :) (remember, all the covers are posted in 'Gallery of Book Covers')

Miss Mae's Site (http://www.missmaesite.com)

Blurb:

Prisoner 86's fate is in the hands of his merciless Captain. Or is it? As their ship enters a raging thunderstorm, what bizarre event transforms their lives in an eternal destiny?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Miss Mae - are you sharing the recipe yet? BTW I love this web cover picture you are using! Suits your books.

Thanks for commenting on my sig picture. I had it put on my t-shirt too. :)

And here's a bit of the "recipe" for you too..tee hee...
:fridaynite:

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM

30,000 words in a single day? It's taken me nearly two months to write a story that's a little over 19,000 words! Granted, I was also working on other projects during those two months, but I can't imagine writing 30,000 words in one day.

As for my hourly average, I have no idea. I tried to keep track of my daily page count for a while, but my writing tends to happen in spurts with twenty or so pages one day and only one or two paragraphs another. Thankfully I've been in a good stretch lately where I can write at least a few pages a day. There's nothing more frustrating than wanting to write and having no clue what to say.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I'd like to announce to anyone, too, that I also have a free read, "Fated Destiny" available. This is a short ebook in pdf and you just download it from my site. :) (remember, all the covers are posted in 'Gallery of Book Covers')

Miss Mae's Site (http://www.missmaesite.com)

Blurb:

Prisoner 86's fate is in the hands of his merciless Captain. Or is it? As their ship enters a raging thunderstorm, what bizarre event transforms their lives in an eternal destiny?
Oh, this is an awesome story! I LOVED it.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'm back from a lunch of fruit salad and cottage cheese. Regarding Joyce's question: Are you a fast or slow writer?

That depends on the day and how fast the story is coming at me. Some days it's like pulling hen teeth. Other days I can't write fast enough, and total 8 "written" pages. That probably comes to less than 4 when keyed in.

Folks, I'm trying to break myself into just using the keyboard, but honestly, holding a smooth-flowing pen in my hand seems to bring on the ideas, words, a lot faster. (I'm particular about the feel of the pen.)

Promoting takes up more time than I'd like to admit. That and...dial up. "Grumble-grumble." He-he!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh, this is an awesome story! I LOVED it.

Aw, thanks, E.A. :)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I forgot to mention. "Jonquils in the Snow" is up at You Gotta Read Videos, today! It's in the contest.

Voting starts on the 21st. If some of you don't have trailers in the contest, and really like it, please vote. You can view it here. http://yougottareadvideos.blogspot.com/ Thanks. I know you will love the trailer. Turn your sound on.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Folks, I'm trying to break myself into just using the keyboard, but honestly, holding a smooth-flowing pen in my hand seems to bring on the ideas, words, a lot faster. (I'm particular about the feel of the pen.)

Promoting takes up more time than I'd like to admit. That and...dial up. "Grumble-grumble." He-he!
I say use what works for you when writing. I tend to use a combination of pen and keyboard a lot of the time. When I get stuck on a story, sometimes switching the format in which I write gets the words flowing again.

I'm not even going to think about how much time promotion takes. Groan! :)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Wish I could post a cover of Jonquils in the Snow for you sweeties to view. But blasted ol' dialup won't let me. A famous graphics artist created my book cover. (She doesn't like a lot of exposure.)

It's hard to believe that I started this story on January 22nd and it's been up for sale 9 days. And I've had 5 wonderful reviews in that time.

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I forgot to mention. "Jonquils in the Snow" is up at You Gotta Read Videos, today! It's in the contest.

Voting starts on the 21st. If some of you don't have trailers in the contest, and really like it, please vote. You can view it here. http://yougottareadvideos.blogspot.com/ Thanks. I know you will love the trailer. Turn your sound on.
Very nice! Love the music.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Winner of the Best Book of the Week at both LASR and The Romance Studio, this book was also nominated for Best Book of the Year at TRS.

Blurb:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Mona Murphy returns to Copper Springs to attend her grandfather’s memorial service. His passing appeared ordinary enough—the official report stated he’d tripped and fallen down the staircase. Yet Preston Hitchcock, the insurance agent who’d sold a half million dollar policy to Mona’s grandfather days before the old man died, isn’t convinced, especially when bloody towels are discovered in the backyard.
And that’s only the beginning. Who is the hit-and-run driver who attempts to run Mona down? Why is her old boyfriend more ardent for her affections now than ever before? And why is Mona helpless to guard her heart from the devastating influence of Preston’s practiced lady-killer smiles?
Secrets Mona never knew existed in Copper Springs become exposed. But none is so revealing as the one she fights to hide—and the very one that might save her life.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent2, li.MsoBodyTextIndent2, div.MsoBodyTextIndent2 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Preston rose to his feet, a closed expression sliding across his face. “Call Chief Banks.”

Mona stared at the stained cloths that lay on the ground. “Did you say blood?”

“Yes. Some of it’s dried. However, where the towels have been balled up, the inner folds kept it moist longer. So if we act quickly, we should be able to get a good sample.”

“What? Why?”

“Miss Murphy.” Preston gave her a direct look. “Call Chief Banks. Have him to come out here. Now.”

He stressed the last word. Stumbling from the doorway, she hurried to the phone and dialed the digits of the police station. Her trembling hand bungled her first try at hanging up the receiver.

[I]Nervous?<o></o>

She spun on her heel, flitting about a wide-eyed look. Nothing could be seen in the oak beamed, knotty-pined paneled room except late afternoon shadows. Clutching her throat with cold fingers, she breathed through parted lips.

Go away.

Why should you be nervous? Or maybe it’s guilt?<o></o>

“No,” she whispered aloud to the empty room. “I don’t regret leaving. I hated living here, in this house, with the madness—” She broke off, recalling Preston waited only a few feet outside the open door.

Quickly, she poured two cups of coffee, and walked back to join him. He nodded his thanks.

“Why are you standing out here?” She wet her lips with a sandpaper tongue. “Let’s go inside.”

“I don’t want to take a chance of another cat or stray dog bothering this.” He balanced the dainty cup in both hands. “Plus, I need to leave the evidence as I found it.”

“What evidence? That’s nothing, but—but old towels Grandpa used to wipe the counter off after he’d chopped some beef or chicken for dinner. It can’t—” She inhaled audibly. “It can’t be like—it’s human blood.”

For sale in both ebook and print at The Wild Rose Press! (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/said-the-spider-to-the-fly-p-1138.html?zenid=e257e8b77543d6e906199bb36c0b72d4)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sometimes I wonder if we authors would be better off to take a break and spin out several stories, then come back and promote them all at the same time. It might save us time. Hm..mmm.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Wish I could post a cover of Jonquils in the Snow for you sweeties to view. But blasted ol' dialup won't let me. A famous graphics artist created my book cover. (She doesn't like a lot of exposure.)

It's hard to believe that I started this story on January 22nd and it's been up for sale 9 days. And I've had 5 wonderful reviews in that time.

The cover is here in the thread beneath called, 'Gallery of Book Covers'. :)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Very nice! Love the music.
Thanks EA. Glad you liked it. I love the scene with the young lady looking out the window. That sad countenance fits well at one point in the story.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Miss Mae, I found it! Ain't it purty? I can't get enough of staring at the beautiful house and the greenery.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
This book won a Top Read, and a Top Ten for 2009 at MyShelf.com! Fantastic! :)

(Remember, again, all my covers can be viewed in 'Gallery of Book Covers').

Blurb:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Winifred Merryweather loves mysteries. She believes her sleuthing abilities, while maybe not on par with London’s most brilliant detective, are nonetheless extremely capable. After all, when she meets with the members of her reading club at Lord Nelson Chatham’s estate, isn’t she the first to deduce the identity of the villain in the books they discuss?
But when the whole of her reading club, along with newspaper reporter Remington Hawthorne, is kidnapped and thrust into a mystery not of their choosing, Winifred must use every skill she possesses to uncover the clues. What is the truth behind the nightmarish scenario they find themselves in? Who is their abductor? Are the tricks and riddles which confront them merely a test of their initiative – or something more sinister?
And why do Remington’s flirtatious charms annoy her so maddeningly?
The answers don’t come easily and Winifred soon learns that solving a real-life mystery is anything but “elementary”.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Lula/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent2, li.MsoBodyTextIndent2, div.MsoBodyTextIndent2 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoBodyTextIndent3, li.MsoBodyTextIndent3, div.MsoBodyTextIndent3 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> “He’s a reporter.” Not entirely understanding her reason of why she should, Winifred came to his defense. “He’s trained to look at both sides of an issue without being biased. If he hadn’t been here to discuss this situation rationally, would any of us have considered the possibility of Xavier?”

“We don’t know that Xavier is responsible for any of this.” The countess waved the newspaper page that contained Remington’s article. “But we know Mr. Hawthorne’s contempt for one of the greatest minds in London, if not the world.”

“That is giving Mr. Holmes too much credit, ma’am.” Winifred spoke the words rashly, regretting them as soon as they’d left her mouth.

“Ah. Yes. How could I have forgotten?” Like a cat readied to pounce, the countess switched her attack off Remington and onto Winifred. A chill ran down Winifred’s spine as she imagined the older woman flexing her claws. “You’re not an admirer of Holmes either. You prefer the talents of his arch-enemy, Professor Moriarty.”

“What!” Remington spun on his heel, staring at Winifred with stunned eyes. “Moriarty?”

“This is neither the time nor the place to debate the matter.” Winifred rose to her feet, hoping the stony look she gave the countess might quell her acid tongue. “There are far more important issues at the moment.”

She turned her back and walked to the spot beneath the wall clock. From behind her came Lord Chatham’s gruff rebuke. “Edwina, I thought a heart used to beat inside your chest. Did it disappear when you received that dratted title?”

Winifred tuned out the sound of the countess’s angry gasp, for Remington appeared beside her. His mouth twisted in a lopsided smile.

“I believe this situation is affecting all our nerves. But I’d like to thank you for not taking the countess’s position against me.”

“No need to thank me, sir.” She grasped her hands together so tightly she flinched from the pain. “I believe in fairness, and the countess seems determined to condemn you unjustly.”

“My dear Miss Merryweather.” Remington leaned an arm against the wall, his elbow grazing the bottom of the clock and nudging it aside. “If there’s one thing I’m learning about you…”

His words shut off as the wall moved from under him. Knocked off balance, he stumbled back. Like a pendulum, the wall swung around, striking Winifred and crashing her body against his. Together, they dropped through an opening that yawned beneath them.

Will be available late summer 2010 from Whimsical Publications! (http://whimsicalpublications.com/comingsoon.html)

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o>

</o>

June Phyllis Baker
February 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Has anybody every lost a post?

June

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Sometimes I wonder if we authors would be better off to take a break and spin out several stories, then come back and promote them all at the same time. It might save us time. Hm..mmm.
An interesting thought. I'm not brave enough to try it yet, but maybe someday... :)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 04:28 PM

June
One you're reading or one you're typing? I've had both happen, though not on here.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM

June

June, if you're referring to the post you made earlier, you had it posted in a different spot, the Lounge, I think. I'm unable to move it here, but I did see it earlier. :)

But you're in the right spot now and that's all that matters. Introduce yourself and your books. We'd love to hear all about it! :)

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hello! I'm an author, I'm suh-weet and I'm extremely romantic. I think I'm in the right place!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hello! I'm an author, I'm suh-weet and I'm extremely romantic. I think I'm in the right place!

Yes, you are, Sarah. So glad you stopped by! *waves*

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Oh - I learned how to open this to write on top! LOL
I will down load that book. I am happy to read any and all Miss Mae books! Thanks for the "juice"! :yes:
[quote=Miss Mae;108557]I'd like to announce to anyone, too, that I also have a free read, "Fated Destiny" available. This is a short ebook in pdf and you just download it from my site. :) (remember, all the covers are posted in 'Gallery of Book Covers')

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM
If anyone would like to receive the TSRA newsletter (quarterly issues), please send an email to:

thesweetestromance at gmail.com

All you need to put inside is: "sign me up" and we'll do the rest! :)

June Phyllis Baker
February 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Dea Miss Mae, EA, MSEReads

I couldn't find the post I wrote this morning,but I found it! I

Thank you all so much.

June

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
I actually love sharks and think very highly of them. Don't think I'm ready to swim with them though.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:07 PM
When I am working on a first draft, I challenge myself to do about 3,000 words a day. That's maximum output for me. On an average writing draft day, about one to two thousand is comfortable. I shoot for 3 to 5 pages, single spaced, with no stopping and editing. Dialogue comes easy for me then, but not scene transitions. 30K a day is CRAZY!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Guess I missed the brownies. That's okay--it's Valentine's weekend and I better get chocolate if my sweetie knows whats good for him! lol

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:08 PM
As I always say Larry--it's quality over quantity, no matter what we do!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:09 PM
yes--Hi Pam!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Sarah. If you're romantic and sweet--you're in the right place!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Guess I missed the brownies. That's okay--it's Valentine's weekend and I better get chocolate if my sweetie knows whats good for him! lol

Already beat ya on the chocolate...we went out to get groceries and I brought home a chocolate cake! LOL

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I swam with nurse sharks in the Exuma Islands...have pictures to prove it too. Swam with rays once on a cruise - have pics of that too. But you won't ever find me swimming with barracuda. Don't like their teeth!:biggrin:

I actually love sharks and think very highly of them. Don't think I'm ready to swim with them though.

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hi, Sarah!

Thanks for coming over! Remember me from I Need Friends Friday??bhowdysmilie.gif
I absolutely remember you!!! I'm trying to reply to these posts, but every time I do it tells me that a moderator has to approve what I've written (if that doesn't put one in mind of waiting on a manuscript rejection, I don't know what does), and then it takes a LOOOOONG time for my comment to show up.

Maybe I'm just not cool yet?

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Sarah. If you're romantic and sweet--you're in the right place!

Does this mean my comment actually showed up?!?! Suddenly I'm feelin the love!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Just poppin' in and out again. I'm back from lunch, the post office and the grocery store. I bought you all a BIG bag of Snickers to share, in case the brownies run out. (Thud! as the bag lands on the chatting table)

Now I'm off to write for 2 hours or 1000 words, whichever comes first. Then hopefully, I'll be back to catch up and chat for awhile!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Good Afternoon! I'm back for the last hour after a day of traumatizing my child at the dentist, being an emergency babysitter, and not getting to bed last night until today at 8pm. Ah--the life of an insomniac with children!

Hope you visitors found some great book references and got to know some of the Sweet authors around the web. I'm a Southern author with two books, The Privateer, and Turtle Soup, both romantic sea fiction. My third novel will be released this summer. Titled By Heart and Compass, it's about a genealogist that discovers a centuries old diary that takes her on a shipwreck recovery adventure....and yes, Laurie, sharks included this time around.

I love being a part of the Sweeties---you should check us out at Yahoo groups or at our blog: thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com

Does anyone have dinner plans tonight? I had to stop on the road and grab some fries to make it through the day. I'm not much of a fast food person--but for some reason Chik Fil A french fries always make me feel better when I got the yucks. Luckily, that doesn't happen too often!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
haha...it takes awhile to get used to this forum and how it works. feel the love.....

lol

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Does this mean my comment actually showed up?!?! Suddenly I'm feelin the love!

With the person who drew such a terrific portrait of me, how could you not feel the love? :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Good Afternoon! I'm back for the last hour after a day of traumatizing my child at the dentist, being an emergency babysitter, and not getting to bed last night until today at 8pm. Ah--the life of an insomniac with children!

Hope you visitors found some great book references and got to know some of the Sweet authors around the web. I'm a Southern author with two books, The Privateer, and Turtle Soup, both romantic sea fiction. My third novel will be released this summer. Titled By Heart and Compass, it's about a genealogist that discovers a centuries old diary that takes her on a shipwreck recovery adventure....and yes, Laurie, sharks included this time around.

I love being a part of the Sweeties---you should check us out at Yahoo groups or at our blog: thesweetestromanceauthors.blogspot.com

Does anyone have dinner plans tonight? I had to stop on the road and grab some fries to make it through the day. I'm not much of a fast food person--but for some reason Chik Fil A french fries always make me feel better when I got the yucks. Luckily, that doesn't happen too often!

Well, I'm pretty much a fry person. I can eat them all by themselves. :)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Jonquils In The Snow

Blurb:

Miranda Stevens' fiancee' skipped town two days beofore the wedding. Two years later she is ready to move on.

Brady Watson's anger over his wife's tragic death has turned into grief. Three years later he still can't shake it.

Will Miranda find a way to help Brady relinquish his grief and embrace a new beginning? Does a cluster of Jonquils bursting through the snow hold the key?

Excerpt.

Setting up the scene: Brady Watson owns a tree service. After the ice storm, Miranda called him to pick up the fallen limbs in her yard. When she sees him take off his gloves to blow warm air on his hands, she realizes that he could use some hot cocoa. She invites him inside.

Brady pulled off his gloves. "If you will point me to the bathroom, I'll wash up."

Miranda tried to remember if she left her sunflower-checkered pajamas on the bathroom floor after she'd showered. Just in case, she pointed to the sink. "You can wash up over there if you don't mind honeysuckle-scented hand soap."

He walked to the sink. "Whatever works."

She pulled the milk from the refrigerator and the other ingredients from the cabinet, then set a saucepan on the range. "I make a mean cup of cocoa. It's my Grandmother's secret recipe."

Brady raised an eyebrow. "So what's in this secret recipe?"

"I could tell you...but then...I'd have to kill you," she teased.

"Well, I'll keep my back turned until it's safe, then."

Miranda laughed and slipped the secret ingredient back into the cabinet. "It's safe to turn around."

She watched him dry his hands. His blond hair curled at the nape of his neck, brushing the collar of his drab-green coveralls. "

So...how long have you lived here?" he asked.

Miranda started, caught observing him. "Uh..Two years." She grimaced. "This was suppose to be 'our' home. Rick's and mine."

"Rick, as in your husband? I thought..."

She was shaking her head before he finished speaking. "No. Rick was my 'intended.' He disappeared two days before our wedding."

Brady hung the towel on the rack and turned to face her. "I'm sorry. But as they say 'it's better that it happened sooner than later.'" He cleared his throat. "That was two years ago?"

"That's right. Two years ago next week...Valentine's Day." She plopped the warm mugs on the table and poured the hot cocoa into them. "The worst part was returning the wedding gifts." She quirked her mouth to one side. "I really could have used that electric can opener." She pointed to the one on her counter. "Mine is cantankerous. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I want another yellow one. I've looked everywhere." She laughed.

Brady echoed with a hearty chuckle. "Did revenge every cross your mind?"

"You mean, like tossing a bucket of 10-penny nails across Rick's driveway?" She pressed her index and thumb together. "Or strategically placing a wad of moist, chewed gum in the driver's seat of his late-model Camaro?"

Brady's eyebrows shot up. "Do I detect and evil mind at work?"

A sly grin crossed Miranda's face. "What about you? Ever been jilted?"

"No. Not like you. But a blind date stood me up once."

"That must have been humiliating."

"Not really. A few days later a friend pointed her out to me at the supermarket. She was... how shall I say... Miss Piggy in disguise."

Miranda burst out laughing. She envisioned the Muppet character, blonde curls and snout.

"So...you aren't married?"

"No...you?"

"Nope." He turned up his cup to drink the last vestiges of cocoa, then set it on the table. "Guess I'd better get back to work. It could take a couple more days, considering the damage." He pointed a finger at her nose. "You were lucky, young lady, that one of those Tulip Poplar limbs didn't crash through your roof."

Mirands was certain he had turned the conversation away from his private life, intentionally. But she'd caught the pain in his eyes. Something akin to grief. What had put it there?

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9341 Jonquils in the snow is 30% off until February 28th. Click on Shopping Cart and type in this code to get your discount on a download. A heartwarming, tender love story. 22 pages.

Use discount Code: PM45D

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
We had some questions for our lurkers/readers to answer and give us their thoughts:

Why do you like sweet romance?
Who is your favorite sweet author?
Your favorite sweet hero, and why?
The most memorable sweet event in your favorite sweet book?

Look forward to the answers! :)

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hmm..sunflower jammies and jilted at the alter. I love a hero that cares..and thanks again for the discount code. I'm going to get this this weekend. Wrapping up some other reviews this week.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah, me too. I feel guilty for eating out, so if I get fries, which I only do at Chik Fil A, I don't get anything else. It must be the peanut oil they use to fry their food.

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
haha...it takes awhile to get used to this forum and how it works. feel the love.....

lol
I consider myself a relatively techno-savvy person and I've been thoroughly confused for hours, now. There's got to be a good plot idea in there somewhere...

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Great questions. Let's see who we can get to reply.

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Jonquils In The Snow

Blurb:

Miranda Stevens' fiancee' skipped town two days before the wedding. Two years later she is ready to move on.

Brady Watson's anger over his wife's tragic death has turned into grief. Three years later he still can't shake it.

Will Miranda find a way to help Brady relinquish his grief and embrace a new beginning? Does a cluster of Jonquils bursting through the snow hold the key?

Excerpt.

Setting up the scene: Brady Watson owns a tree service. After the ice storm, Miranda called him to pick up the fallen limbs in her yard. When she sees him take off his gloves to blow warm air on his hands, she invites him in for hot cocoa.

Brady tugged off his gloves. "If you will point me to the bathroom, I'll wash up."

Miranda tried to remember if she'd left her sunflower-checkered pajamas on the bathroom floor after she'd showered. Just in case, she pointed to the sink. "You can wash up over there if you don't mind honeysuckle-scented hand soap."

He walked to the sink. "Whatever works."

She pulled the milk from the refrigerator and the other ingredients from the cabinet, then set a saucepan on the range. "I make a mean cup of cocoa. It's my Grandmother's secret recipe."

Brady raised an eyebrow. "So what's in this secret recipe?"

"I could tell you...but then...I'd have to kill you," she teased.

"Well, I'll keep my back turned until it's safe, then."

Miranda laughed and slipped the secret ingredient back into the cabinet. "It's safe to turn around now."

She watched him dry his hands. His blond hair curled at the nape of his neck, brushing the collar of his drab-green coveralls. "

So...how long have you lived here?" he asked.

Miranda started. She'd been caught observing him. "Uh..Two years." She grimaced. "This was suppose to be 'our' home. Rick's and mine."

"Rick, as in your husband? I thought..."

She was shaking her head before he finished speaking. "No. Rick was my 'intended.' He disappeared two days before our wedding."

Brady hung the towel on the rack and turned to face her. "I'm sorry. But as they say 'it's better that it happened sooner than later.'" He cleared his throat. "That was two years ago?"

"That's right. Two years ago next week...Valentine's Day." She plopped the warm mugs on the table and poured the hot cocoa into them. "The worst part was returning the wedding gifts." She quirked her mouth to one side. "I really could have used that electric can opener."

She pointed to the one on her counter. "Mine is cantankerous. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I want another yellow one. But, I've looked everywhere." She laughed.

Brady echoed with a hearty chuckle. "Did revenge every cross your mind?"

"You mean, like tossing a bucket of 10-penny nails across Rick's driveway?" She pinched her index finger and thumb together. "Or strategically placing a wad of moist, chewed gum in the driver's seat of his late-model Camaro?"

Brady's eyebrows shot up. "Do I detect an evil mind at work?"

A sly grin crossed Miranda's face. "What about you? Ever been jilted?"

"No. Not like you. But a blind date stood me up once."

"That must have been humiliating."

"Not really. A few days later a friend pointed her out at the supermarket. She was... how shall I say... Miss Piggy in disguise?"

Miranda envisioned the Muppet character, blonde curls and snout, and burst out laughing.

"So...you aren't married?" he asked.

"No...you?"

"Nope." He turned up his cup to drink the last vestiges of cocoa, then set it on the table. "Guess I'd better get back to work. It could take a couple more days, considering the damage." He pointed a finger at her nose. "You were lucky, young lady, that one of those Tulip Poplar limbs didn't crash through your roof."

Mirands was certain he had purposely steered the conversation away from his private life. But she'd caught the pain in his eyes. Something akin to grief. What had put it there? She planned to find out.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9341 Jonquils in the snow is 30% off until February 28th. Click on Shopping Cart and type in this code to get your discount on a download. A heartwarming, tender love story. 22 pages.

Use discount Code: PM45D

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I apologize. I posted my blurb and excerpt twice. When I went to edit it, I musta hit the wrong button. Read the top one...please. The bottom one has a few typos. LOL

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
We had some questions for our lurkers/readers to answer and give us their thoughts:

Why? Why not. It's sweet. It's romantic. I could read it outloud to my grandfather without blushing, apologizing, or risking getting my mouth washed out with soap.

Who's my fav sweet author? Am I allowed to say "me"? hahaha

Fav sweet hero? Whichever one I am writing at the time.

Memorable sweet event...? I'll have to think about that one, there've been a lot.

Whew! I think I passed the test with flying colors!

Donna B
February 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
LOL Oops. Maybe you just wanted to make sure we got it???

June Phyllis Baker
February 11th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Hi EA
I write G rated romance too. It's nice to meet you!

June
www.JunePhyllisBaker.com (http://www.JunePhyllisBaker.com)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Laurie, I love the excerpt! The more I hear about this story, the better it sounds. :)

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hey, June, I'm glad to meet you too! It's always great meeting others who write G-rated stories. Why don't you tell us a little about your writing?

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Itchy trigger finger. haha

Hi Donna B.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, you can say you're your own favorite author. We should all be our own number one fans!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Guess I am a reader here so I'll reply to the questions.

I like to read sweet romance because it gives warm fuzzies without any worries of wincing at words or graphic descriptions!

I can't name one favorite because I like all "The Sweetest Authors" and have enjoyed books by most of you. I think my fav changes with each good book I read too! Does that make me a fickle fan? I hope not.

Favorite sweet hero. Now that is assuming I can pick one when I read 15 books a month and they change with each book too! I really liked Sir Anthony in The Masqueraders by Georgette Heyer which I just read and reviewed at the blog. [If anyone is interested I'll be putting it up for a giveaway tonight!]

Most memorable sweet event. I'll pick the first kiss between Sir Anthony and Prudence in The Masqueraders which occurred probably 3/4ths into the book. Before that the budding romance was shown by looks and words, and an occasional arm or hand touch. All very sweetly portrayed! :kissy:

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Hi June - nice to meet you here! I'm a reader not an author. But now I am a new publisher too!

Hi EA

June

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment EA. And for $2.30 with coupon! You can't beat that.Well...except for Miss Mae's Dove Island at $1.60. LOL

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the compliment EA. And for $2.30 with coupon! You can't beat that.Well...except for Miss Mae's Dove Island at $1.60. LOL
LOL Two great sweet reads for less than $5... What more could a person ask for? :biggrin:

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'm very embarrassed to admit this, as I vainly consider myself an Austenite, but I haven't read a Georgette Heyer yet. It's always on my mind--I've read so much about her and her work...another goal to keep this summer. I love a good Regency. There's just nothing like it.

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I'm very embarrassed to admit this, as I vainly consider myself an Austenite, but I haven't read a Georgette Heyer yet. It's always on my mind--I've read so much about her and her work...another goal to keep this summer. I love a good Regency. There's just nothing like it.

I L-O-V-E Georgette Heyer. If you love Austen and are a fan of Regency (meaning, of course, you have excellent taste), then you will adore Heyer. She's fab!!! And, on behalf of Regency authors the world over, she is sort of our hero--the author we all want to be when we grow up.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I read her years ago, and really liked them. From what I remember, she made them humorous too, or at least the ones I read.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Oh, those were some great answers! Thanks for responding! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Okay, I mentioned earlier that I might have some surprises...Boy, do I!

Except...

Not today! LOL

Possibly tonight, but not right now!

Are you intrigued? LOL

Well, the last news I received was that they SHOULD be ready this evening, probably definitely tomorrow.

So what am I talking about?

Something that I'm so excited about, and what I've wanted to shout to everyone about for MONTHS, but I've kept it under my hat....

*drum roll, please*....

MISS MAE WILL BE IN THE MOVIES!!!!

*waits for response*:shifty:

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM

Except...

Not today! LOL

Are you intrigued? LOL

Well, the last news I received was that they SHOULD be ready this evening, probably definitely tomorrow.

Something that I'm so excited about, and what I've wanted to shout to everyone about for MONTHS, but I've kept it under my hat....

*drum roll, please*....

Very cool!

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 06:58 PM
WHOO HOOO:jump:! What movies! Sounds like fun!

Except...

Not today! LOL

Are you intrigued? LOL

*drum roll, please*....

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Very cool!

Thank you, thank you! *bows properly* :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
WHOO HOOO:jump:! What movies! Sounds like fun!

Well...okay...NOT Miss Mae...LOL...BUT...

Her BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo-hoooooooo

*waits for more response*

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I thought you must mean the books. That is sooooo cool! How exciting for you! Which one(s)??

Sarah M Eden
February 11th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I've enjoyed following these posts and making fervent attempts at participating. Hopefully by next month I'll have passed the "I'm not a super computer or a hacker" test and will be able to see my own posts. :)

I'm afraid I must be off... my kids think I ought to be "mom" again.

Thanks again!

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Oh, I must get to it, then!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I thought you must mean the books. That is sooooo cool! How exciting for you! Which one(s)??

LOLOL...okay, I'll 'fess up and come clean 'n all that.... :)

They are trailers of my books...but they are MOVIE trailers.

With actors.

As in humans.

Playing my characters!!!!!!!!!!

It is sooooo exciting!!!!

DanielleThorne
Oh, MM, you're such a tease!! lol

DanielleThorne
Those darn kids...always needing us! It was nice to meet you Sarah.

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I've enjoyed following these posts and making fervent attempts at participating. Hopefully by next month I'll have passed the "I'm not a super computer or a hacker" test and will be able to see my own posts. :)

I'm afraid I must be off... my kids think I ought to be "mom" again.

Thanks again!

Thank you for coming, Sarah. We absolutely LOVED having you! YES, come back next month!!! :) :) :)

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Environmental Romance: Turtle Soup

Sea turtles may be endangered but after an encounter with marine biologist, Jack Brandon, nothing will stop Sara Hart from naming her deli Turtle Soup.
When Jack takes a job at the nearby Georgia Aquarium, Sara finds the environmental poster boy at her door, hungry and carrying a chip on his shoulder.
Neither thinks the other has what it takes, until a scuba class reveals what lies beneath the surface. It will take food, friends, and a little help from Mother Nature, to help them see that making a difference isn’t all numbers and glory.
It must begin with love.

http://www.awe-struck.net/books/turtle_soup.html

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I just came back from a break. Miss Mae, a movie star? Tell me more! woo-hoo! Is she playing Scarlett O'hara? Who's Rhett?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Oh, MM, you're such a tease!! lol

I know, ain't I mean? LOLOL

But, honestly, I kid you not, folks. When I watch these people acting out my stories, repeating back MY WORDS...I tell you, it brings a lump to my throat and goose pimples to my flesh.

It really is like seeing your characters and your stories come to life. Beautiful, beautiful thing. :)

DanielleThorne
Mr. Mae lol

Joyce DiPastena
Okay, I'm back with 1177 words under my belt in a little under 2 hours. My fingers were on fire! (Ha! Not compared with the rest of you, as I can already see.) Still, that's 1177 words that I didn't have yesterday!

On to try to catch up with you all! Wonder how many of you are still at the chat? (Are there any Snickers left?)

Laurean
February 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Joyce, we ar discussing Miss Mae's surprise. She's being coy.

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Oh, darn! I missed Sarah! She Facebooked me yesterday to say she might come. I'm so glad she dropped by. She's a riot, as many of you know, but a riot in the best of ways! :)

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Joyce, we ar discussing Miss Mae's surprise. She's being coy.

Surprise? MM has a surprise? Does it involve more chocolate?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Okay, I'm back with 1177 words under my belt in a little under 2 hours. My fingers were on fire! (Ha! Not compared with the rest of you, as I can already see.) Still, that's 1177 words that I didn't have yesterday!

On to try to catch up with you all! Wonder how many of you are still at the chat? (Are there any Snickers left?)

No! Snickers all gone! *mumbles with mouth full*

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Environmental Romance: Turtle Soup

Sea turtles may be endangered but after an encounter with marine biologist, Jack Brandon, nothing will stop Sara Hart from naming her deli Turtle Soup.
When Jack takes a job at the nearby Georgia Aquarium, Sara finds the environmental poster boy at her door, hungry and carrying a chip on his shoulder.
Neither thinks the other has what it takes, until a scuba class reveals what lies beneath the surface. It will take food, friends, and a little help from Mother Nature, to help them see that making a difference isn’t all numbers and glory.
It must begin with love.

http://www.awe-struck.net/books/turtle_soup.html

I am eagerly awaiting this book, Danielle! :) I love your writing. :)

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
You're much faster than me, Joyce. Some days all I can crank out is 500 words...that's in a DAY, not an hour!

I've been there too, MM. In fact, I was there just yesterday!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Joyce,
I'm a slow writer. I can't imagine 30,000 words in one day. Makes my head spin to think about it. I once had an author tell me she wrote fourteen hours a day. I can't imagine the time or concentration for that either.

Wow! I can't imagine writing 14 hours a day! Am I lazy, not committed, or do I just enjoy being (occasionally) sane?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:28 PM
LOL Joyce, this time it doesn't involve chocolate! :)

Here's what is happening...

Dove Island
It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred
See No Evil, My Pretty Lady
Said the Spider to the Fly
When the Bough Breaks
About Miss Mae's Books

These are all trailers that have been made using actors to portray my characters. It's just like watching trailers we see on television to advertise movies.

Wow, I was amazed when I viewed the rough drafts. My wonderful hero, Gareth, in See No Evil, My Pretty Lady had the proper British accent and black patch over his eye; Winifred and Remington were brilliant, Dove Island was so poignant...I mean, wow, wow, wow was all I could say!

We hoped the links to YouTube would be available today, but it's looking more like tomorrow.

I tell ya, people, ya gotta SEE these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:29 PM
writing speed? I also go by daily output. Usually I do crank out a bunch of words all at once but don't get back to writing usually after that burst. My WIP I've managed to write every day since I started in early Jan. Bad day 58 words, best day 1620 words, yesterday 670 words. Need to get to writing today too. Larry

Sounds like some of us are in the same ballpark. Whew! I was feeling *this high* after reading that 30,000 words/day comment. I feel much more "normal" now!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
LOL Joyce, this time it doesn't involve chocolate! :)

Here's what is happening...

Dove Island
It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred
See No Evil, My Pretty Lady
Said the Spider to the Fly
When the Bough Breaks
About Miss Mae's Books

These are all trailers that have been made using actors to portray my characters. It's just like watching trailers we see on television to advertise movies.

Wow, I was amazed when I viewed the rough drafts. My wonderful hero, Gareth, in See No Evil, My Pretty Lady had the proper British accent and black patch over his eye; Winifred and Remington were brilliant, Dove Island was so poignant...I mean, wow, wow, wow was all I could say!

We hoped the links to YouTube would be available today, but it's looking more like tomorrow.

Oh my gosh, MM, I can't wait to see them!!! Isn't "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" your Jack the Ripper story? And am I correct in seeing that it's coming out in print this year? I'm so excited! I've wanted to read that book for soooo long! (Well, at least ever since I met you and discovered that it existed, though not yet in print. But hey, once in print, I'm gonna be one of the first in line to snap a copy up, so let me know as soon as it comes out!!!)

And let us ALL know as soon as your trailers are posted! Here's my excited dance for you! :jump:

MSEReads
February 11th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Like Dani said - you tease! But that is still cool and fun!

EAWest
February 11th, 2010, 07:39 PM

You're killing me with the suspense! I can't wait to see these trailers. And big congratulations on what promise to be amazing videos!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Like Dani said - you tease! But that is still cool and fun!

But I kinda "am" in them, because see my photo there? (well, the pic I use for MM). An actress is like that in the beginning of all the trailers, so she "plays" me. :)

Really cool stuff. :)

But, honestly, to see actors act out MY words...it was just heart stopping.

Awesome.

DanielleThorne
February 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Can't wait to see them all, Miss Mae. Very exciting!

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Oh my gosh, MM, I can't wait to see them!!! Isn't "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" your Jack the Ripper story? And am I correct in seeing that it's coming out in print this year? I'm so excited! I've wanted to read that book for soooo long! (Well, at least ever since I met you and discovered that it existed, though not yet in print. But hey, once in print, I'm gonna be one of the first in line to snap a copy up, so let me know as soon as it comes out!!!)

And let us ALL know as soon as your trailers are posted! Here's my excited dance for you! :jump:

Yes, this is my Jack the Ripper one, and I HOPE that it'll be available --in print-- later this year, though it may be 2011. Need to get it subbed to Whimsical, so she can tell me if she'll accept it...but I sure hope so! :)

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Can't wait to see them all, Miss Mae. Very exciting!

Thanks, Dani. Which did you get to see? You didn't view all of them, did you?

Miss Mae
February 11th, 2010, 07:45 PM
You're killing me with the suspense! I can't wait to see these trailers. And big congratulations on what promise to be amazing videos!

Thank you so much, Liz. :)

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi EA

June

Hi June! A belated "Welcome!" from a writer of sweet medieval romances. (That would be me. :) ) It's great that you found us at our chat! If I keep on "catching up" will I learn more about you and your writing? Onward with my "catching up" to see!

Joyce DiPastena
February 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Yes, this is my Jack the Ripper one, and I HOPE that it'll be available --in print-- later this year, though it may be 2011. Need to get it subbed to Whimsical, so she can tell me if she'll accept it...but I sure hope so! :)

Me, too!!!