PDA

View Full Version : Titles you've read recently?

Shelley Munro
March 23rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
I haven't read any historicals for ages, but recently I've felt in the mood.

I've read:

Proof of Seduction by Courtney Milan
Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

They were both very good reads, ones I'd recommend if you like historicals. They were both a little different too - not the typical regency-type of book.

Proof of Seduction had a fake fortune teller as a heroine while in Addicted, the hero was addicted to opium.

Have you read any good historicals lately?

Shelley

hollie
March 24th, 2010, 05:16 PM
i haven't read any historicals for ages mmm need to find some now you have me tempted

ReneeVincent
March 25th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Historical titles that I have read recently are THE CHAMPION by Heather Grothaus, MY LORD RAVEN by Jan Scarbrough, and I am now reading THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT by Donna MacMeans, which btw, is so great! She has a wonderful voice and the sexual tension in it is great.
I highly recommend it!

Shelley, I've heard of PROOF OF SEDUCTION....was it a good read?

CharmedGirl
March 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM
i haven't read any historicals for ages

I haven't either Hollie. Honestly, I'm so wrapped up in reading Paranormal and Crime books lately that I haven't given any other genres a look. LOL

alicats
March 26th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Two I read lately and highly recommend are:

The Dark Farewell, by Josh Lanyon - M/M turn of the century (19th/20th) about a reporter and a psychic working on a serial killer case. Drops you right into small town America.

Steal Away, by Amber Green - AA and M/M/F takes place right at the cusp of Prohibition/Depression Eras with a vivid view into the Harlem Renaissance. Beautifully written. Amber has a way of bringing to life some unusual characters.

Catherine Bybee
March 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I just finished Seducing the Highlander - Not out until May... I read it for a review magazine. What isn't there to love about kilted men? Anyway... this was a good read. Borders on erotic... which I enjoy.

Shelley Munro
April 1st, 2010, 12:48 AM
Shelley, I've heard of PROOF OF SEDUCTION....was it a good read?

I really liked it because it wasn't the traditional Regency story. The heroine was a fake fortune teller while the hero had a title. I'm definitely looking forward to her follow up story featuring one of the secondary characters.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 1st, 2010, 12:50 AM
Two I read lately and highly recommend are:

The Dark Farewell, by Josh Lanyon - M/M turn of the century (19th/20th) about a reporter and a psychic working on a serial killer case. Drops you right into small town America.

I like Josh Lanyon's books. I have one - I think it's called Out of the Blue (it's set during the war) to read while I'm on holiday. I haven't read his latest one yet.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
April 1st, 2010, 12:51 AM
I just finished Seducing the Highlander - Not out until May... I read it for a review magazine. What isn't there to love about kilted men? Anyway... this was a good read. Borders on erotic... which I enjoy.

There's something about a man in a kilt, isn't there?

Shelley

Blak4dr
April 9th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm rereading Anne McCaffrey's Pern Saga between my mandatory readings for university right now, So my stack of historical romance hasn't moved in at least two months.

Allison Knight
May 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
I'm addicted to Catherine Anderson. I'm reading Early Dawn at the moment. Every one of Catherine's books (that's I've read) either the heroine or the hero have a physical or a mental problem. This book's heroine is abused by her kidnappers. Can't wait to find out
how it ends.
Allison Knight
http://www.AllisonKnight.com (http://www.allisonknight.com/)
Coming in August - Watch for 'Battlesong'
the sequel to award winning 'Heartsong'
from Champagne Books

LelaniBlack
June 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
Eloisa James' Your Wicked Ways, I'm alternating between her and Julia Quinn's books; I've read pretty much all of Bertrice Small's books so as soon as a new title pops up in bookstores I'm the first in line.

Kimberly
June 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Recently read historicals? Hmmm, I'm currently reading Hannah Howell's Highland Angel. Once again, it's the kilted man that caught my attention!

Shelley Munro
June 2nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Eloisa James' Your Wicked Ways, I'm alternating between her and Julia Quinn's books; I've read pretty much all of Bertrice Small's books so as soon as a new title pops up in bookstores I'm the first in line.

I've been meaning to check out Eloisa James's Duke series. I read all her books when they first came out, but haven't read her recent ones.

Shelley

LelaniBlack
June 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Shelley, her recent titles just get better and better. Some of her dukes are majorly flawed. But back then women didn't have all the choices and independence I take for granted today. Anyway, the heroines bide their time and create a sort of chaos in their wayward dukes' lives in Eloisa James' books, and that's what makes me go YEAH!! Their turn now, lol.

Shelley Munro
June 6th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Shelley, her recent titles just get better and better. Some of her dukes are majorly flawed. But back then women didn't have all the choices and independence I take for granted today. Anyway, the heroines bide their time and create a sort of chaos in their wayward dukes' lives in Eloisa James' books, and that's what makes me go YEAH!! Their turn now, lol.

That sounds great. I look forward to reading them. I really like the idea of a Georgian setting rather than the usual Regency too.

Shelley

PennyG
September 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
I'm addicted to Catherine Anderson. I'm reading Early Dawn at the moment. Every one of Catherine's books (that's I've read) either the heroine or the hero have a physical or a mental problem. This book's heroine is abused by her kidnappers. Can't wait to find out
how it ends.
Allison Knight
http://www.AllisonKnight.com (http://www.allisonknight.com/)
Coming in August - Watch for 'Battlesong'
the sequel to award winning 'Heartsong'
from Champagne Books

I havent read that Catherine Anderson book, but i read Phantom Waltz.......it was soooo good, i didnt put it down until i finished it:flowers: