PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Reviews

Kim Smith
March 23rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Do you leave an Amazon review when you buy a book there?

CharmedGirl
March 23rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
I must admit I've never left an Amazon review after reading a book.

sabby07
March 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I never have. I know, BAD READER LOL!smilies/butterfly.gi

hollie
March 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
i don't either but i only get the big authors from them everyone else i get in ebook either from the publishers or the CTR store

Kim Smith
March 28th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Okay follow up question... if you like the book you buy (big author or small) do you think the review you might have left would help a fellow reader make a purchasing decision? Does a review sway your buying decision?

hollie
March 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
ok this is could get me in trouble but:

i read reviews on a review-site (no prize for guessing which one lol) to get ideas and look for new books.

but i don't tend to read reviews when i buy books unless they are profesional reviews (from any review site)

as i reviewer i have seen a lot of 'reviews' that are clearly done by friends and family members so now i don't trust them very much

CharmedGirl
March 29th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Okay follow up question... if you like the book you buy (big author or small) do you think the review you might have left would help a fellow reader make a purchasing decision? Does a review sway your buying decision?

Yeah I tend to buy books based on reviews if I'm looking for a new book. They do help! :punk:

Kim Smith
March 31st, 2010, 10:51 AM
I am just curious because only one of my books has had a review(two actually) on the Kindle. I know that people are buying them, but no one leaves a review. Thanks for my little impromptu poll :)

Shelley Munro
April 1st, 2010, 12:42 AM
I tend to scan the reviews, although I don't always pay attention to them. If I like the sound of the blurb, I'll go with my gut instinct. You don't have to actually buy the books from Amazon to post reviews. I've posted a few reviews. I'd do more if I had time, because I think readers do notice the number of reviews and tend to look at books that have received reviews.

I know I'd love to have a few more reviews on Amazon. BTW, I've noticed that some of the review places do post their reviews on Amazon. Does CoffeeTime not do this?

Shelley

hollie
April 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
I know I'd love to have a few more reviews on Amazon. BTW, I've noticed that some of the review places do post their reviews on Amazon. Does CoffeeTime not do this?

Shelley

Not but it is something we are dissscussing, amazon didn't used to allow it so we didn't. but as you say soem other review sites now do. i do put the reviews on all the publishers sites that i can, i'm going to have to look into amazon as well.