PDA

View Full Version : B&N Nook!

Catherine Bybee
March 26th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I love... love! LOVE! My Nook. I can't tell you how much easier it is for me to read books while doing just about anything now that I have a dedicated e-reader. I'm looking forward to Spring Showeres with SJ and the gang so I can load up my Nook for the summer!

CharmedGirl
March 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
My ebook reader already has 289 books on it. Looks like I'm going to have to take some of it so when I buy the books that I want during the Spring Showers they'll actually fit on my reader. LOL

Catherine Bybee
March 26th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I have lots of room on the Nook. Between writing and editing... I've not had much time for reading. I'm hoping to spend some quality time by the pool this summer with my e-reader in hand!

CharmedGirl
March 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Summer has just been and gone for me, so I can no longer go to the beach or read by the pool. :teardrop:

Looks like I'm going to have to wait another 9months when Summer comes around again.

Catherine Bybee
March 26th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Oh yeah... guess those are the breaks for you. Then again, curling up in front of the fire with a book is always nice!

CharmedGirl
March 26th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Our winters don't get that cold here where I am. So we don't need fire. Guess I'll just have to curl up and read books I already have until the new ones I'm waiting for are released.

Catherine Bybee
March 26th, 2010, 06:46 PM
There are plenty of books I wanna read! No issue there.

CharmedGirl
March 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I actually found a book on my reader that I haven't read. It's one of Lyn Armstrong's Celtic witch books. But it will probably only take me an hour to read it. LOL

hollie
March 29th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I love my reader i'm actually working on Rob to get me a new one there is now 3 of us who read ebooks in the house and it isn't working to well especially when you remember Jo is only 15 and not old enough for some of the things i read lol.

CharmedGirl
March 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I don't let anyone read the books that on my reader. Some people might get a shock. There are way too many romance novels on it and some of them have pretty explicit covers that would make some people really blush. LOL

Gail Pallotta
April 25th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I have an inspirational, romance e-book all of you 15 and up can read. In it Cammie O'Shea, a feature writer for a newspaper in Georgia, suffers a heart-breaking split-up and finds out she must move to Destin, Florida, to take a new job. Alone and lonely in a strange town she tries to cope with her new situation and finds solace in her faith. Will the move be disastrous for her or will it be a blessing in disguise? Find out more about it on my Web site http://www.gailpallotta.com
and read an interview with the heroine, Cammie O'Shea on my blog at http://www.gailpallotta.blogspot.com

CharmedGirl
April 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Sounds good Gail. Thanks for telling us about it!

Gail Pallotta
April 26th, 2010, 07:43 AM
You're welcome, Charmed Girl. Have a happy day.

JoAnne Kenrick
September 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Love my Nook :) When my Sony 505 died on me, I was devastated because it did everything I wanted it to. It took me months to pick out that one over the kindle (that was the main contender when I got my first ereader). But with the intro of the NOOK, and the fact that it is half the price, I went with the basic Nook. I'm pleased as punch with it. All I had to do was load my little micro chip in it that had all my epubs on it from my Sony, and I was good to go! I love that. And it does everything else a Sony does, plus a few extras -- the organizing feature isn't as user friendly. But considering how much cheaper it is, I'm good with that hehe