PDA

View Full Version : No Knitting Posts????

Deborah/Claire
May 7th, 2007, 07:20 AM
How can this be? Knitting is such an in thing right now - we have to have more knitters around here.

I knit a lot. I also frog a lot ("frogging" means tearing the knitting back, as in "rip it, rip it". I LOVE that expression!) so I don't actually finish that many things. The main reason I knit is that it keeps my fingers busy while I think about what comes next. It really helps with plotting and planning, and I don't get accused of just sitting and daydreaming (even though I really am.)

Also I love the feel of the yarn in my fingers and seeing the colours. Yarn shops are a special kind of temptation - I can spend hours, wandering around, looking and touching.

Claire

Karenne
May 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
snicker..(raises hand) my fault! I just created this area. Forgive me!

I am a knitter ...well if you could call it that! :GEEK:

I have been trying to teach myself for about 2 years. I do basic stitches BUT I have completed (and given as a gift) a baby blanket. So I was proud of that.:wub:

Dayna Hart
May 17th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Though I love the 'frogging' term. My husband laughs at how often I do that.

I have a fondness for cable patterns and textures, not colours so much. Which means it takes forever to finish anything...so I...kinda...don't :)

Dayna

lcsamano
May 24th, 2007, 05:26 PM
I don't know how to knit but would love to learn. However, I do use a knifty knitter if that classifies...LOL. My mom and grandma knit but I haven't picked up on it yet?

Deborah/Claire
June 4th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Okay, I'll bite --- what's a Knifty Knitter????

Claire

Karenne
June 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah...what is that? Is that the little round thing that you go around and around in..by hand? Or the machine?

:errrr:

BrendaBryce
June 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
They are plastic looms, that if you do it right, you can make all sorts of things with them, Hats, scarves, afghans, sweaters... They are hand looms, not machine. You use this really sharp pick thing to assist you in making the piece.
Provocraft makes them.

Brenda Bryce
www.brendabryce.com (http://www.brendabryce.com)