PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Authors and Publishers!

DanielleThorne
March 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hello Authors and Publishers:
<o></o>
The Northgate Vikings High School Marching Band (Newnan, Georgia,) is having a spring fundraiser that will include a silent auction. As an electronically published author and band parent, I am putting a book basket together that will go up for auction April 24<sup>th</sup>. I am earnestly seeking all types of reading promotional material: bookmarks, pens, postcards, books on cd (especially interested in), autographed print books, coupons or gift cards for online bookstores, and more. If it has anything to do with reading and is rated PG-13 and under, I want it!
<o></o>
Please consider donating your materials to this wonderful music program that gives so many kids an opportunity to discover talent, learn, compete, and have a place where they fit in. In order to validate my request for your promotional materials, you can check out the bandís website at: http://www.northgateband.org/
<o></o>
Contact me immediately for a postal address and I will see that your materials are included and announced at this large fundraising event in my local area. My address is: danithorne at yahoo dot com.
<o></o>
Anyone may donate materials--even if youíre not an author. No cash donations, please, but gift cards to bookstores would be a great idea. If I donít get enough materials, we will give items away as freebies or door prizes. Please be generous.
<o></o>
Donít put this off-contact me now!
<o></o>
Thank you in advance,
daniellethorne<o>
</o>

hollie
March 30th, 2010, 04:50 AM
what a great idea Danielle, 3 of my kids play instruments we have a flute, a violin and a trumpet player. i wanted all 4 to play but the eldest boy likes to tinker now and then but not play properly.

DanielleThorne
March 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I have 2 out of 2. My oldest took piano and taught himself guitar instead. My youngest is only 8, but I don't know if he'll go the band route. It's great discipline though-and good for those who aren't athletic, etc.

hollie
March 30th, 2010, 04:10 PM
my 8 year old plays trumpet and he is getting quite good at it.

my eldest taught herself flute which i am really proud of she is a really amazing kid

CharmedGirl
March 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I love to play the piano. I taught myself how to play it just by using piano books and playing songs by ear.

DanielleThorne
March 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Wow, ya'll are talented with talented kids. I don't have a musical bone in my body--that is such a wonderful gift to have. Guess it's why I have gone out of my way to support my kids who have shown interest. Band/orchestra has been a life-saver for one of them (ADHD). Funny how we are all wired in so many different ways. :)