PDA

View Full Version : What is hot?

Janice Seagraves
April 6th, 2010, 11:34 PM
:welcome2: I though I open this thread with a question: what do you find attractive in a man?

Hair length: Long hair, short. Curly straight. Or just long enough to curl at the nap of the neck?

Hair color: Blond or brunet or black as sin hair?

Height: Tall, very tall, or average?

Physic: Muscular or tall and wiry?

Personality: do you prefer the alpha or a beta. Smart, funny, snarky or dark and broody. Cute and all around good guy?

And why do you find this attractive?

Yes, we are building the perfect man.

The questions are important because I may incorporate what we discus in my next book.

Cara Bristol
April 7th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Definitely tall, muscular, alpha male. Short hair. Dark hair is preferred, although not a requirement. Confidence is a must. What is attractive to me is the sense of power that he conveys. As an erotic romance writer myself, I've found that I can't write about the hero unless I find him attractive. Likewise, if I'm reading a novel and there are traits I don't like, I tend to block/ignore those traits. Characteristics I find UNattractive are: smoking, long hair (though I know many women like it), a "soul patch" beard, tattoos, and moodiness.

CharmedGirl
April 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hair length: Short, but enough to curl at his neck

Hair color: Brunette

Height: Tall - between six foot and six foot two.

Physic: Muscular

Personality: Alpha

I find this attractive because it sounds just like my husband. LOL

Janice Seagraves
April 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Definitely tall, muscular, alpha male. Short hair. Dark hair is preferred, although not a requirement. Confidence is a must. What is attractive to me is the sense of power that he conveys. As an erotic romance writer myself, I've found that I can't write about the hero unless I find him attractive. Likewise, if I'm reading a novel and there are traits I don't like, I tend to block/ignore those traits. Characteristics I find UNattractive are: smoking, long hair (though I know many women like it), a "soul patch" beard, tattoos, and moodiness.

Cara, you bring up an interesting point. As writers we must feel an attraction for the hero, or we can't write about the heroine being attractive to him.

I like your list, and I don't like smoking heroes either. Ick.

Janice~

Janice Seagraves
April 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hair length: Short, but enough to curl at his neck

Hair color: Brunette

Height: Tall - between six foot and six foot two.

Physic: Muscular

Personality: Alpha

I find this attractive because it sounds just like my husband. LOL

Hi Charmed,

Ooh, sounds good to me too. :)

Janice~