PDA

View Full Version : Heroine

Janice Seagraves
April 30th, 2010, 10:46 PM
What do we like in our heroine?

When you read a good romance what do you like in your heroine?

20 something, virginal, long legs, and oh so very thin, but stacked?

Or a leather wearing kick ass heroine, regardless of size?

Or would you rather see a normal sized, girl next door type who gets the hot guy?

Please leave a comment on what you like in your heroine. I may put her in my next book.

hollie
May 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM
I don't think size and shape are important it's more about personality.

i like a heroine who knows how to look after herself or has the sence to know that she can't go running into danergous situations by herself then need a man to rescue her unless of course that is her plan. Innocent?

i suppose what i really mean is i don't like heroines who are stupid and do stupid things that no man would ever do. i'm not a mad equality nut i like my heros to be gentlemen (sometimes) but i don't like heroines to be needy unless there is a reason for it strength is important but not arrogence (leave that for the heros).

do you get my point? or am i just waffleing again?

DebDenson
May 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Personally I like her to be intelligent, reasonably attractive and independent. Makes the hero have to work harder to get her!

Janice Seagraves
May 2nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
I don't think size and shape are important it's more about personality.

i like a heroine who knows how to look after herself or has the sence to know that she can't go running into danergous situations by herself then need a man to rescue her unless of course that is her plan. Innocent?

i suppose what i really mean is i don't like heroines who are stupid and do stupid things that no man would ever do. i'm not a mad equality nut i like my heros to be gentlemen (sometimes) but i don't like heroines to be needy unless there is a reason for it strength is important but not arrogence (leave that for the heros).

do you get my point? or am i just waffleing again?

In other words you don't want the heroine to be stupid or weak? I know a long time ago the women in movies and books use to do stupid things, then the hero *sigh* had to go rescue them; like Lois Lane in the old Superman series. Or the old horror movies where the woman ran and then broke her wimpy ankle.

Well, I like a heroine who can take care of herself too. Like L.K.H.'s Anita Blake, or Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan. Of course these ladies can kick major butt. But they maybe too in your face for some peoples tastes. Personally I don't like how Anita Blake cusses, but that may just be my own personal hangup.

Janice~

Janice Seagraves
May 2nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
Personally I like her to be intelligent, reasonably attractive and independent. Makes the hero have to work harder to get her!

I like that too. I think the heroine shouldn't pursue the man, or course that could be interesting too, lol.

How's this:

An independence woman but also someone we can root for. Someone reasonable good looking but not over the top.

Janice~

CharmedGirl
May 2nd, 2010, 07:21 AM

I agree with Deb. I like a heroine to be a little opinionated as well. Maybe even argue her way out of trouble if there's a cop or two involved.

Janice Seagraves
May 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
I agree with Deb. I like a heroine to be a little opinionated as well. Maybe even argue her way out of trouble if there's a cop or two involved.

Thank you, I love how we're getting fed back on this question.

So a strong heroine who likes to get her way no matter what.

Okay, so can I answer a question? Do you want her to be more argumentative than the hero? Or have more personality?

You know the couples that one the guy or girl has so much personality that they are bouncing off the walls, but their SO is more sedate?

Or would you prefer that both have strong personalities and be more even?

Janice~

CharmedGirl
May 2nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Both strong personalities that they give each other a run for their money. Does that make sense?

Janice Seagraves
May 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Both strong personalities that they give each other a run for their money. Does that make sense?

Yes, it does.

Strong personalities who like to argue or get their way, and you will have some interesting arguments, lol.

Janice~