PDA

View Full Version : Welcome & Introduction

ruttanamy
May 3rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Amy Ruttan. I'd like to welcome you all here. So leave me some information about yourself. I'm just getting the hang of this forum thing ... pssst I'm a bit technologically challenged when it comes to forums. LOL!

:giggle:

I'm going to make this place a fun place to be, but bear in mind I have 3 children one who is hurtling towards 7, one who is 4 (and a handful) and one who just turned 10 months and is trying to walk. I plan to come by every day and check, so bear with me if I don't get back to you really quick, but I love to chat!

I have some great releases coming out this year, and am working on some new stories that I hope will be coming out soon.

I'm always on Twitter and I love to chat there http://www.twitter.com/ruttanamy

I also hope to have some GREAT guests here.

So sit down and make yourself at home, and tell me all about yourself. What you like to read, are you aspiring to be an author too, anything.:welcome3:

Amy :)
www.amyruttan.com (http://www.amyruttan.com)

hollie
May 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
:welcome1: to Coffee Time it's great that you have a forum here with us

most of us know what it's like having kids running around the place i have 4 but my youngest is 8 so it isn't so bad.

i'm not an author at all in anyway but i am a reviewer for Coffee Time which i love

ruttanamy
May 3rd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hi Hollie! So nice to meet you! :)

:jump:

Thanks for the welcome. I'm planning some great fun stuff for readers, writers and reviewers alike! LOL!

Thanks for making me feel so welcome here. CTR certainly rocks! :)

hollie
May 3rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
yes CTR rocks and can get addictive but you get to meet some great people here

CharmedGirl
May 3rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Welcome to CTR.

Have fun posting with us.

ruttanamy
May 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
BEC! *drool* on the Jacob Black.

Thanks for the big welcome! :)bhowdysmilie.gif

Kaylin McFarren
June 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Amy. Big fan here! Just started involving gorgeous heroes in my writing as well. At times, they actually jump off the page. You're right...much more fun that the Ken dolls we grew up with. :P

Kaylin

Vonna Harper
June 1st, 2010, 11:08 PM
Amy, you've done a great job here. My hat's off to you for everything you do to make Coffee Time rock!
Vonna
www.VonnaHarper.com (http://www.VonnaHarper.com)

ruttanamy
June 2nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hi Amy. Big fan here! Just started involving gorgeous heroes in my writing as well. At times, they actually jump off the page. You're right...much more fun that the Ken dolls we grew up with. :P

Kaylin

Awww, thanks Kaylin :redface:

Good for you on writing! I wish you the best of luck, and yeah definitely they're more nicer than Ken. :)

ruttanamy
June 2nd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Amy, you've done a great job here. My hat's off to you for everything you do to make Coffee Time rock!
Vonna
www.VonnaHarper.com (http://www.VonnaHarper.com)

Thanks Vonna. :redface:

tuscaroralady
June 19th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Hi Amy,

My name is Teresa, and I must confess I have never read any of your books. I just enrolled in the Coffee Times Romance and more. I was so overwelmed with all you book authors. I think it's fantastic.

Well, let me tell you a little about myself, I'm a 47 yr. old Native American woman. I am a member of the Tuscarora Nation. I am a performing artist with our Nations Dance & Song Troupe. We travel all over the United States doing shows on our Culture. How I came about writing to you is that I was looking over some of your hobbies and guess what I seen I love? The beading!

I too do beading, I must say I'm pretty good at it. Especially when I have to do Dance Regalia's. I have some of my beaded outfits in the Crazy Horse Museum in South Dakota. I was very honored when asked to bead a ladies traditional dress and a childs traditional regalia.

I admire you for being able to do the things that you do with three little ones. Life is never boring around your house I'm sure. I love anything Supernatural, I guess thats just bread into me since our legends our handed done to us and we are very supernatural when it comes to medicine.

Okay for my stupid question, can you tell me what kind of books do you write and do you have a series that I may start and follow. Some of my favorite authors that I've been following is Charlaine Harris, Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherillyn Kenyon, Lindsay Sands. As you notice I seem to have a vampire and shapeshifting, were scheme going. LoL

I'm looking forward in getting to know about your world from your books, I sure do love a hot macho man in my reading. Take care Amy and best to you in your writings. Teresa K.:thankyou:

ruttanamy
June 20th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Okay for my stupid question, can you tell me what kind of books do you write and do you have a series that I may start and follow. Some of my favorite authors that I've been following is Charlaine Harris, Laurell K. Hamilton, Sherillyn Kenyon, Lindsay Sands. As you notice I seem to have a vampire and shapeshifting, were scheme going. LoL

I'm looking forward in getting to know about your world from your books, I sure do love a hot macho man in my reading. Take care Amy and best to you in your writings. Teresa K.:thankyou:

Thanks Teresa,

So nice to meet you as well! Nope, there is never a stupid question. :)

I do have a series starting July 7 from Eternal Press, it first release in ebook and then in print a few weeks later. The first book is Enemy Enchantress and deals with paranormal and fey people. The second book Sorceress from the Sea releases Sept 7 and deals with some demons and witches.

I have a few more paranormal books in the works right now.

The only 2 paranormal books I have released from Ellora's Cave is my first book Masque of Desire, which takes place in New Orleans on Halloween (a homage to Anne Rice) and Rain God which is futuristic about an imprisoned Rain God from Earth.

I'll be posting about new releases on my little corner of CTR here. Looking forward to getting to know you further.