PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

kmtolan
May 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Happy to have you drop by. If you have questions about writing, the genre, or are curious about how I come up with these worlds, please, drop me a line. This forum was meant for you to enjoy.

Kerry

hollie
May 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hi Kerry :welcome1: to coffee time

i love the sound of not being on Earth anymore so can you tell me more about your books

CharmedGirl
May 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Welcome to CTR Kerry.

It's great that you've joined us here at the forum.

Have fun posting.

kmtolan
May 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Kerry :welcome1: to coffee time

i love the sound of not being on Earth anymore so can you tell me more about your books
Hollie,

With the "Blade Dancer" series I plop you in the militant-minded head of Mikial Haran - an alien young lady who is in every literal sense a natural-born soldier. She's not petite, and not particularly pretty when standing at 6'10 with bulky muscles and claws (yes, claws) - and a face with a definite feral look to it. No, she's not really enthused about her looks, and would prefer to engage in her people's traditional dancing rather than be out on some battle field. However, she's got a demanding father, and a duty to perform - which promptly gets her into trouble. With "Blade Dancer" I explore what becoming a pivotal part of history does to both the person and those they love most. Humans tend to play an adversarial role in my series, yet she manages to befriend a few of them, much to her frustration.

The other novel I wrote, which I like to term as my "companion" novel to the series, again centers on two aliens who were dug up by human explorers in the ruins of a city whose occupants fled hundreds of years earlier. Raised among humans, Rick and Jamie hold our values but not much else. They appear to look like children barely into their teens due to their height and slightly larger eyes, but Rick and Jamie are facing very adult issues - including each being the only eligible mate for the other. Too bad they can't tolerate each others presence for very long. Rick, now an archeologist, returns to where he was found in hopes of digging up his past. Bad mistake, because it has been waiting for him. This novel is appropriately named "Waiting Weapon".

Hope that gives you some insight onto my worlds.

Kerry

kmtolan
May 21st, 2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to CTR Kerry.

It's great that you've joined us here at the forum.

Have fun posting.
Look forward to having a lot of fun, and perhaps helping a few new writers. Thanks.

Kerry

hollie
May 22nd, 2010, 06:29 AM
Both your books sound amazing i've added them to my wish list

astonwest
May 22nd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Definitely...I've read Blade Dancer, and loved it...so will you. ;)
Rogue Dancer is on my stack of books to read. Looking forward to it.

kmtolan
May 22nd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Definitely...I've read Blade Dancer, and loved it...so will you. ;)
Rogue Dancer is on my stack of books to read. Looking forward to it.

I'll vouch for both of Todd's books. His character has some serious issues with getting himself into trouble.

Kerry