PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Shrimp and Seafood Pasta for my Darling Friends

tamquij
May 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
:spotman:If you happen to jump into my wordpress site every week, you'll know that I love to post recipes that I try out on my family. I wrote a cookbook a few years back, and with the giant brood of children and relations that I have, if I'm not at the computer, I'm at the stove. Here's a little dish that I whipped up last night and, might I say, it was fantastic1

A big wave hello to everyone out there in the Cyber world. I’ve been slacking lately, enjoying the no-homework spiel since I finally finished my finals. The stress has vanished and I am so looking forward to a wonderful summer with my family, while I tie up two romance novels I’m working on. Summer makes me think of vacations, with the sound of the surf pounding on the beach and crystalline blue skies overhead. It’s the time of the year where I crave seafood with a passion, while I sink my toes deep into the glorious white sand and reveal in the sight of the setting sun on a sparkling blue ocean. Or, even better yet, dart off to enchanting locales by the ocean, filled with history and oh-so-decadent seafood.
While I make my get-away plans, I hoped to share this simple recipe with each of you. After watching Disney’s The Princess and the Frog, I’m inspired to dash on down to New Orleans, soak up some ambiance, and enjoy some truly delicious food and the company of wonderful people. Beach, New Orleans, Beach, New Orleans? Goodness, the decisions are so difficult!
Bon Apetit, my dear friends!
http://tamelaquijas.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/shrimppasta.jpg?w=150&h=113 (http://tamelaquijas.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/shrimppasta.jpg)Shrimp and Seafood Pasta
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pound crayfish meat (optional)
1 can drained crabmeat
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Tony Cachere’s Creole seasoning
6 ounces angel hair pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 ½ tablespoon chopped onions
2/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup chicken broth
1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
Parsley, to taste

Directions
Combine peeled shrimp, crayfish meat, and crabmeat, garlic and Creole seasoning in a medium bowl. You won’t necessarily need salt or pepper for this recipe, since all of the seasoning is in the Creole mix. Set seafood aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10; drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
In a large pan, heat olive oil. Sauté the chopped onions until translucent. Rinse mushrooms and drain, then add to onion and oil and sauté until tender. Add seafood mixture and cook until the shrimp turns pink (this should take about 3-4 minutes). Remove everything from the pan and add about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan. Add chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil, continuously scraping the bottom of the pan to get all of the delicious goodness from it. Continue to cook on low heat, uncovered, until the broth reduces to about half.
Stir heavy cream into the sauce in the frying pan, whisk until thick and bubbly. Cook for about 1 minute. Stir in seafood mixture. Heat through and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley. Season to taste, if desired. Serve hot over pasta.
Four servings

Christy M
June 5th, 2010, 10:30 AM
oh this recipe looks super good! i will give it to my hubby (the cook)!