PDA

View Full Version : Number Fifteen

Amy Gallow
May 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Eternal Press have offered a contract for "The First-Born", Book One of The Alliance series. At 108,900 words, it is a little longer than the others and Book Two, "The Alliance" is already in their submission process. They are a strange mix, these books. Part dark fantasy, part speculative fiction, lots of romance, telepathy, time travel, adventure. I think you'll enjoy them.
No release details yet, but I'm deep in preparing their author information and cover art form as my feet do their happy dance under the desk.
There's a lot to be said for having multiple submissions out there...Two down, three to go!

Dani
May 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Congratulations Amy! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Hopefully the other one will get picked up too.

Amy Gallow
May 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank You Dani, I hope so.
I wrote the series originally as five books, all around the sixty thousand word mark, and three were published before I realized that I was attempting a task beyond my level of writing skill and held back the other two so I could do the idea justice at some future time. The publisher withdrew the first three at my request and I put them aside to concentrate on the learning process as Amy Gallow.
Her last four books have done quite well with the reviewers and external events have changed the game a little, so I decided it was time for them to emerge once more.
The "First-Born" is a combination of the first two books and establishes the overall situation, setting up the need for the action in "The Alliance", which was originally Books Three, Four and part of Book Five. This leads into the unnamed third book of this series, which is the logical conclusion of the story.
The "First-Born" has two major romances, both different, and a satisfying secondary romance. So does "The Alliance", but they are both so much more. The romances drive the story into the realms of speculative fiction and dark fantasy set in the past and the future in equal proportions and the whole idea came from the obituary of a 107 year-old veteran of WWI.
The external events have not yet come to fruition, but, in preparation for success in that area too, these books will come out under my own name and Amy Gallow will have served her purpose.
I will miss her.

Dani
May 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I've been told that sometimes it's better to let stories sit for a while, so that when you look at them again perspectives are fresh and new and maybe new ideas will come to you.

I wish you the best of luck, but I have to ask what are you going to do with Amy Gallow?

Amy Gallow
May 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Hi Dani,
Amy has two WIPs at different stages of completion and promotional commitments for the five books published, or about to be published in the last year, while I have the two books that follow "The First-Born", a completed sea-story set in the 1975 Australian Coastal Shipping, a contemporary WIP in the offshore oil industry, and numerous files on story ideas ranging from pure science fiction to a war story growing out of my own experiences, so my writing life will continue to be a little schizoid for some time to come.
External pressures may hasten her demise, but she came into existence at the insistence of my first publisher in 1999 and provided me with the input of editors and publishers as I learnt my new craft as a writer.

Dani
May 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Oh okay. I hope you don't go crazy from all this. LOL!

Amy Gallow
May 29th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I thought being crazy was the primary qualification for a writer. It's hard to imagine any sane person attempting it. The rules change all the time and the financial rewards are niggardly.