PDA

View Full Version : Back from Destin, Florida, and I Have a Gift

Gail Pallotta
May 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hello,
I'm just back from Destin, Florida. It's as beautiful as ever. So far it's a blessed beach. There's no oil there. The fish are as fresh and delicious as ever. The sea gulls are cooing and wading in the sea. I had a great time and thought about you all while I was there. Since my book, Love Turns the Tide, is set at a beach I picked up a little, beachy trinket to give away at the June Jubilee on June 3rd. But, you'll have to join us to find out what and how you can win. See you then.

Dani
May 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Just curious, did you just vacation there or do you live close to Destin? I live in Florida near Tampa, so that's why I ask.

Gail Pallotta
May 30th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Dani,
I vacationed there, but we go to Destin a lot, especially in the spring and the fall. We love it there. I know it's beautiful in Tampa too. We've been that way a couple of times.

Dani
May 31st, 2010, 03:44 AM
Cool! I haven't been over that far in a long time, but I've been thinking of taking a trip up that way.

Gail Pallotta
May 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM
Great. I think you'd like it. There's lots to do there now. We enjoy the seafood at Fisherman's Wharf and the Crab Trap. There's a new barbecue place called The Shed. In the evenings on the week-end they have entertainment, mostly blues and jazz. But, when we were there they had Percy Sledge. There are other places too for young people.

Dani
June 1st, 2010, 01:01 AM
Neat! I'll have to check those places out if I get up that way. Thanks for telling me about them.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM
Sure, if you go I hope you enjoy it.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 06:14 PM
It's good to know the beach is clean. I am really concerned about the damage the oil spill will do before it's all over with. :(

MSEReads
June 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hi Gail! If I had known you were in Destin I could have buzzed down to say hello! Its about 80 miles away from me. Glad to hear there is no damage there yet.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Martha,
We were thrilled to see it is as beautiful as ever, and so far the fish are fresh too. The Florida Fish and Wildlife service tests them everyday. We love to go to Destin. Do you go very often, since you are close?

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
We're concerned too, Miss Mae, and the residents we talked to while we were in Destin are very troubled. Most of them said their hearts to out to those already affected.

MSEReads
June 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
Actually we're not big beach people but summertime we like to take our MotorHome to Top Sail which is a beautiful park just up from the beach there. The MH is out of commission right now so we might not go this summer. DH is looking for inexpensive cruises! Harder to find than last year.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
That's interesting, that cruises are more expensive. In this economy I'd think they would try to attract people with great deals. I hope you go though and have a great time.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
Did you have a great day today, Miss Mae? Did you get to drop by Miss Mae's June Jubilee, Martha?
I was in and out, missed out on the lemonade.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 07:58 PM
:phone:I gotta' go for a phone call. But, I hope to see you on June 3rd, for my June Jubilee day.