PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha Readin'?

Jenna Bayley-Burke
May 31st, 2006, 10:11 AM
What is everyone reading...right now?

I'm doing the eharlequin 100 book challenge, so I'm always reading something. Right now I'm about to start either Shannon Hollis' Full Circle, Sarah Mayberry's Cruise Control, or Cindi Myers' No Regrets. All BLAZE. And you?

jennzilla
May 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Vamps and the City by Kerilyn Sparks. It's too too funny and I'm really enjoying reading this one. I read her first in the series called How to Marry a Millionaire Vamp. It was good, this is better.

Linda L Lattimer
May 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM
I read Full Circle and enjoyed it!

8)

jennzilla
June 17th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Now I'm reading To Catch a Husband. And who i want to win best win dangit! LOL

Regina
June 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm reading Trinity on Tylos by Pamela J. Dodd. It seems to be a good story, but I'm having a hard time getting into it. ::)

loridbingley
June 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM
I'm trying to read "Daddy's Girl" by Mary Higgins Clark, but it's hard to get into it. Both to find the time to read it - and I'm not a fan of first person. However, I will attempt to get through it so I can get to "Braless in a Buick"!

Can't wait!

Lori

Dee_Tenorio
June 22nd, 2006, 03:37 PM
Hey Jenna! I just reread "Fathers & Other Strangers" by Evelyn Crowe. Man I love that book!

Dee

Linda L Lattimer
June 22nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Lori, I read Braless in a Buick and loved it!!!!!!!!!
:o

Jenna Bayley-Burke
June 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I've got 2 going right now - Fate & Ms. Fortune (hilarious!) and Sophie Metropolis (audio)

Charissa
June 30th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I haven't had much time to read, but my last book I read recently was Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer. Anyone who knows me knows I practically worship the writing skills of Jenny Crusie, so reading one where she teams up with a real life former Green Beret that writes the he-man, NON romance books proved to be very interesting. As a member of the military myself, I have to confess, the book was good, but damn and HOO-YA, J.T. was beyond delicious. Bob wrote his hero so well, I felt kinda bad for not liking the rest of the characters as much. It's a fanatastic book, and it's a brilliant look into how two polar opposite writers can put together a phenominal book. Now...I want me a J.T. LOL

Next on line is Jim Butcher's latest, Proven Guilty and according to my son, this one is better than all of his other 7 books combined. So time to go find out.

Now....a side question? I just read a clip about the last Harry Potter book. Two characters are going to die...Anyone's thoughts on who J.K. Rowling is going to axe?

loridbingley
July 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
I'm hoping it's NOT Ron or Hermoine! I haven't read any of the books - I know, shame on me, but they're WAY too long and I just don't have time. But I did, however, see all four movies and anxiously await the fifth one. I love love love the movies. I will guess........Hagrid and Professor Snape. I don't know......I'm guessing, obviously.

Just bring on the movie!!!!!!!!!

Lori (who is hiding in shame for not reading the books)

Jenna Bayley-Burke
July 3rd, 2006, 10:38 PM
I've never read Jen Crusie...or any of the Harry Potters! Stone me now!

Just finished Fate & Ms. Fortune, and ARC I reviewed for Romance Divas. VERY funny - since the heroine was a stand-up comic...but it had a surprise dead baby. I can't read dead baby books...secret baby books either...this one snuck up on me. I hate that. I much prefer how HQ will make the heroine prego on the cover (even if she is only knocked up for 10 pages) as a warning. Ah well, the rest of it was great!

Regina
August 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
Just finished Robin D. Owens Celta series (love them!) and am waiting for the new one out in September.

--Regina
www.reginapaul.com

MadisonChase
August 23rd, 2006, 12:50 PM
I just finished up Christine Warren's Wolf at the Door. I liked her early books better. But the ending was fantastic.

AdelleLaudan
September 4th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Yes I am an Author and yes you heard me right I am tooting another Authors Horn. I had the good fortune of winning a copy of Secret Surrender by Lisa MacDonald and if you haven't read it yet it definately needs to go on your list of 'must reads'. It is on rare occasion I read a book that is a 'feel good' read and sensually dynamic at the same time. Lisa MacDonald has managed to pull it off with a ton of class.
A round of applause for Lisa MacDonald!
Her book is available at Wild Rose and I promise you are going to love it!

Adelle Laudan
www.adellelaudan.com

Karenne
September 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Just finished Robin D. Owens Celta series (love them!) and am waiting for the new one out in September.

--Regina
www.reginapaul.com (http://www.reginapaul.com)

Regina!

I think I just saw her book in the store! I know you are excited!

Charissa1
September 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I just finished reading Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray and it was an absolute treat! It's a Scottish contemporary complete with an ancient curse, an island full of bachelors who can't marry until the curse is broken and a modern day invasion of three 'Vikings', one of which spells trouble for everyone.

If you're a fan of the lighthearted, cheeky British flicks like Waking Ned Devine or An Englishman Who Went Up a Hill...you'll love the flavor of this book. It's sweet, sexy and sassy to boot. While it doesn't come out until November, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to keep an eye out for it. You won't be disappointed.

If you need something of hers to tide you over until then, pick up a copy of A Restless Knight in your local bookstores. It was the most magical, mystical Scottish historical/paranormal I have read in years....

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Lori, I read Braless in a Buick and loved it!!!!!!!!!
:o

Yall are gonna make me cry. *sniffsss* Ok, maybe not. Ok.. yes you are! I hope you both liked it! LOL.

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Now....a side question? I just read a clip about the last Harry Potter book. Two characters are going to die...Anyone's thoughts on who J.K. Rowling is going to axe?

I know who they are.. but I aint tellin' YOU'LL NEVER GUESS! I cried. :(

loridbingley
November 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I hope it's not the main characters!! I haven't read ANY Potter books ( I know, shame on me, but they're so darned thick I'd never get through them) but I am a huge fan of the movies.

My guess? Hagrid (I"m sure I'm spelling that wrong) and the mean kid.....what's his name??????????? The blond one........geez! I'm a blank. It'll come to me. Okay, if not then Professor Snape........I love Alan Rickman, though.......

Lori

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 05:19 PM
My guess? Hagrid (I"m sure I'm spelling that wrong) and the mean kid.....what's his name??????????? The blond one........geez! I'm a blank. It'll come to me. Okay, if not then Professor Snape........I love Alan Rickman, though.......Lori
BITE YOUR TONGUE! SNAPE? OMG! Ok, and Malfoy..hmm, that little twerp deserves whatever he gets.. :censored: Stomps off in a huff. I know and I'll never teelllll..