PDA

View Full Version : My Day for the June Jubilee!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hello, world!

Miss Mae is excited to start off CTR's June Jubilee! Come over and help me celebrate!:partyhat1:

I've brought my Grandpappy's world-renowned lemonade!!!

smilies/champagne5.g

Pardon me while I sample it to make sure it has that "aaaah" tang!

:tequila:

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 09:14 AM
I'm pleased to offer special discounts on my two ebooks, "Dove Island" and "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady." These discounts apply ALL DAY! Don't need to win a contest, just hop on over and download your copy! :)

"Dove Island" (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934) is 1/2 off with this coupon code MQ89B

and "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13752) is 1/3 off with coupon SP26X.

I'm thrilled to announce that both books have won an award, and I've just received an incredible 5 star review for "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady."

These special discounts are for all my guests! :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM
Excerpts on all my books, "Dove Island", "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady", "Said the Spider to the Fly" and "When the Bough Breaks" coming up!

Stay tuned! :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 09:27 AM
I'm not able to offer discounts for my books, "Said the Spider to the Fly" and "When the Bough Breaks" (as those come from the publisher), but I'll be digging into the heart of their stories later too! :)

And speaking of "Said the Spider to the Fly" (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6401181-said-the-spider-to-the-fly), might I draw your attention to the latest 5-star review it has received? I am so tickled! Thank you, Ms. Pallotta, for reviewing my book!

Kelly Fitzpatrick
June 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Beautiful cover!:smilingsun:

HywelaLyn
June 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi MM

It can't be easy being the first to 'kick off' this event but I'm sure you'll do it brilliantly, as always, with your smooth Southern Genteel!:swinging:

I'll pop in from time to time and see what goodies you'r posting here. I can testify that all Miss Mae's books are just as good inside, as the covers! If you like an edge of the seat mystery, with twists and turns and a romantic HEA. MM has it all!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you Kelly and Lyn. :)

I just popped out to the post office to mail an autographed print copy. If any readers today would like a signed copy of either "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady", "Said the Spider to the Fly" or "When the Bough Breaks", send an email to MissMaeSite AT gmail dot com!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Here is an excerpt for my short story, "Dove Island." (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934)

Blurb:

Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>
His legs fighting the swirling current, he clawed at the floating wreckage to pull himself atop. A wave tossed the wooden crate almost upright, and he clung, barnacle-fast, to the knotted rope wrapped about the highest rung. As his newly acquired raft splashed back into the swell, saltwater stung his eyes, soaking his already drenched body. Flinging hair from his face, he reached for a loosened board and laying flat on his stomach, he used the makeshift oar to paddle from the sinking ship.
Foam churned around the massive vessel as the once mighty warrior slid, heaving and groaning, to its watery grave. The whirlpool’s suction grabbed the closest victims, screams ripping from their throats before they plunged into the merciless vortex.
Riding the cresting waves, he squinted against the stinging spray, searching the drifting, lifeless bodies. Fear worried his heart. If he couldn’t find her, he swore he’d pitch himself to the bottom of the ocean and join her in blissful eternity.
Sunlight glinted red against the water and he peered for a closer look. Recognizing the stream as one not of blood, but of shimmering tendrils of fiery hair, he quickly maneuvered his raft and extended a helping hand.
Her sodden skirts weighed her down like an anchor. Though she clutched at a half-filled bucket, her head slipped beneath the surface. Quickly, he clenched a fistful of hair and pulled her face free. He dared to extend his chest halfway off the raft, reaching out to slip his arms beneath her shoulders and drag her aboard. With a feeble pant, she collapsed, only the frantic beating at the base of her throat assuring him she still lived.

You just have to go over to my page at my website (http://www.missmaesite.com/doveisland.htm) and view this video. You'll love it. I guarantee it! :) And this little short story won the 2009 P&E Readers Poll for the category of Short Story Romance!

Whimsical Publications
June 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM
[quote=Miss Mae;121992]I'm not able to offer discounts for my books, "Said the Spider to the Fly" and "When the Bough Breaks" (as those come from the publisher), but I'll be digging into the heart of their stories later too! :)
quote]

For you, Miss Mae, a discount price of $10.00 is available today only in honor of your Jubilee day. To purchase a copy, the reader needs to go to the publisher site and click on the Add To Cart button. The price is already set.

Here is the link: http://www.whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html

Have a great day!

WP

DanielleThorne
June 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM
Sounds wonderful. I'm trying to track you down (but not for the lemonade, of course!)

MSEReads
June 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Stopping in to say Hi Miss Mae -
Glad to see you brought refreshments but I will pass until later in the day as I have to get work done for now. I'll peek in now and then.
Have a great June Jubilee Day!

Hello, world!

Pardon me while I sample it to make sure it has that "aaaah" tang!

:tequila:

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 11:53 AM
[quote=Miss Mae;121992]I'm not able to offer discounts for my books, "Said the Spider to the Fly" and "When the Bough Breaks" (as those come from the publisher), but I'll be digging into the heart of their stories later too! :)
quote]

For you, Miss Mae, a discount price of $10.00 is available today only in honor of your Jubilee day. To purchase a copy, the reader needs to go to the publisher site and click on the Add To Cart button. The price is already set.

Here is the link: http://www.whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html

Have a great day!

WP

Oh, that's SUPER! Thank you, Janet!!!!applause.gif

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Sounds wonderful. I'm trying to track you down (but not for the lemonade, of course!)

Ha ha, I bet it's not because of the lemonade!:dizzy:

DanielleThorne
June 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Lost as always at this great site, just wanted to drop in today for Miss Mae's day! I love your intro--we definitely are blessed to live in the beautiful South, and those mosquitoes and chiggers are no joke! I wonder how many folks visiting you today have ever heard of chiggers? I've got the scars on my ankles to prove they exist (scratch, scratch!). Now if you can come up with some magical lemonade to fight off insects that would be quite a feat! You've already accomplished great books, and I hope anyone who hasn't given one of your stories a try picks one up. :notworthy: I love a great mystery--and even better, a heroine who has to figure what her heart is up to as well!

DanielleThorne
June 1st, 2010, 11:59 AM
What a great deal! Whimsical is having a sale today on your books?? Alright! Better jump in now, ya'll.

brandyzbooks
June 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
This sounds like a good deal!!!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hee hee, that is so true, Danielle. We have wild raspberries and blackberries growing at the back of our lot, but one has to be brave enough to risk your neck to those nasty chiggers to get the luscious berries!

Am I that courageous? Well, of course....NOT!!!:err:

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM
This sounds like a good deal!!!

Hi, Brandy! :) It is a good deal. The book is really thick, and sells regularly for $11.95. So, it's a bargain at only ten bucks! Cheaper than a movie! (and you can keep this forever!) :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 12:19 PM
Blurb & excerpt for "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" (also in print at Amazon) (http://www.amazon.com/See-No-Evil-Pretty-Lady/dp/1452808155/ref=sr_1_1/176-5939590-8097964?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275405441&sr=1-1).

Blurb:

New maid Dorcy Edwards flees the scene of where her employer's body is found. His murder sparks a chain of macabre events. Cloistered on a remote island with five strangers, including Gareth Davenport, her late employer's brooding, but darkly handsome heir, Dorcy encounters baffling questions with what she fears may be terrifying answers. Who cut the telegraph lines? Who left a mutilated animal carcass outside her bedroom door? What is the reason for Gareth's black gloves and eye patch? Can he be "Jack the Ripper", the madman suspected to be Mr. Davenport's killer? Dorcy must solve the mystery, and soon, or her growing attraction for Gareth could be her very death sentence.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} span.text {mso-style-name:text;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1477648217; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-132866336 67698705 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-text:"%1\)"; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Dorcy rushed through the doorway, grabbing the hand railing to keep from falling down the slippery steps. Swirling fog cocooned her, the impenetrable moisture abruptly halting her frenzied flight.

[I]Mr. Davenport!<o></o>

The scream resonated long and loud inside her mind. With stunning clarity the image she’d seen rammed into her consciousness—a figure sprawled on the library floor, white shirt soaked with blood, the hilt of a knife stuck in his belly.

Numb with shock, she stood unmoving as the air erupted with noise. Hooves clattering against the cobble-stoned street signaled an approaching rider. Through a parting in the shifting fog she stared toward the corner gas lamp. Beneath its arcing light trotted a snorting gelding, a shrunken visage of a man hunched over the animal’s neck.

“A body’s been found in Mitre Square.” Raising his prune wrinkled face, the old man shrilled out his warning. “Lock yer doors. Stay inside.”

He spurred the horse down the street and the pair disappeared into the mist. His high, thin cry merged with the fading echo of the steed’s departing hoof beats.
Dorcy inhaled a shuddering breath, the sudden odor of human body sweat alerting her to someone’s presence. A deep, unfamiliar voice said, “Madame, I have some business with you.”

Gasping, she whirled to flee. But a strong hand gripped her arm and flung her against the wall of the house. Knocked breathless, she opened her mouth to scream.

“Oh no, my pretty lady.” Vise-like fingers clamped on her throat, preventing sound. “I think you’ll be telling no one that you saw me.”

She clawed at the attacker’s hand, her nails slashing his flesh as she fought to loosen his hold. Through the ringing crescendo of blood in her ears she heard the barking of a dog. The man jerked back and Dorcy twisted away. He grabbed at her, clenching her shoulder. She lashed out, her fists beating against the rough texture of his jacket. Strength born out of terrified desperation she tore herself free, squealing with pain as his fingers raked down her arm.
This book has won Top Ten Read of 2008 from MyShelf.com, and Find a Great Romance. The video is amazing. Watch it here! (http://www.missmaesite.com/seenoevilbookpage.htm) :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
My Crimson Rosebud, "Said the Spider to the Fly" (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/said-the-spider-to-the-fly-p-1138.html) has won Find a Great Romance, Best Book of the Week from LASR & TRS. It was also nominated for Best Book of the Year at TRS. :)

Blurb:

Mona Murphy returns to Copper Springs to attend her grandfather's memorial service. His passing appeared ordinary enough—the official report stated he'd tripped and fallen down the staircase. Yet Preston Hitchcock, the insurance agent who'd sold a half million-dollar policy to Mona's grandfather days before the old man died, isn't convinced, especially when bloody towels are discovered in the backyard.

And that's only the beginning. Who is the hit-and-run driver who attempts to run Mona down? Why is her old boyfriend more ardent for her affections now than ever before? And why is Mona helpless to guard her heart from the devastating influence of Preston's practiced lady-killer smiles?

Secrets Mona never knew existed in Copper Springs become exposed. But none is so revealing as the one she fights to hide—and the very one that might save her life.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent2, li.MsoBodyTextIndent2, div.MsoBodyTextIndent2 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
“But all we need to do is wait for Miss Flowers to return from lunch.”<o></o>

“Mona.” He scowled in impatience. “Do you get the impression she makes regular visits down here? Hell, no. We’re on our own.”<o></o>

She gasped, the hairs on her neck electrifying. “What’s that?”<o></o>

“Where?” Preston followed the direction of her pointing finger, whipping his gaze toward the overhead heating pipes. A vapor of steam snaked through a joint, followed quickly by another. A small cloud formed, rising and spreading along the ceiling.<o></o>

“The radiators have been cranked up.” Mona blinked in alarm. Mounting pressure rattled the pipes, the escaping steam hissing like an unattended teakettle. Sticky moistness saturated the air, and water droplets beaded on her exposed skin.<o></o>

“We have to get out of here.” Determination hardened Preston’s face. Jumping off the table, he threw boxes aside, plowing his way to the end of the room. Mona grabbed the doorknob, shaking it. Her fingers slipped on the damp metal, but it didn’t bulge.<o></o>

“I see a door.” Preston thrust back a stack of cartons. Perspiration clouded his glasses, and he swiped a hand across his forehead. “Come on.”<o></o>

Mona squeezed through the cramped aisleway he’d created, reaching the dark corner as he removed the last obstacle. In a grim voice, he said, “It’s locked.”<o></o>

Her lungs hurting from breathing the heated air, she panted in dismay. A large, rusted, hasp lock hung over the knob.<o></o>

“Damn!” Preston swung on his heel, ripping open cartons, his moist hands smearing dirt on the cardboard. “We’ve got to find something to beat that off.”<o></o>

Mona wiped stinging sweat from her eyes. Hair pasted to her cheeks in limp tendrils, and rivulets flowed from her armpits. Clouds of steam hissed and swirled around her, heating the room to a sauna bath temperature. Light flickered, and she glanced at the bulb overhead.<o></o>

“Electricity’s about to short out.” Preston scattered boxes around, tearing through the lid of one, and ripping another. “We’ll be socked in the dark if we don’t get out of here quick.”<o></o>

[I]Do something.
But, what!
Anything. Are you willing to be burned alive?
Watch this amazing video at my site! (http://www.missmaesite.com/saidspidertothefly.htm)

brandyzbooks
June 1st, 2010, 01:07 PM
more for my book list, lol... I'm going broke!!!:juggler:

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hi Miss Mae,
I just popped in again to say "hello." Got the water out of my ears, and see that I missed out on the lemonade and information about a lot of great books. I'll be looking for more excertps, blurbs and reviews.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 01:18 PM
I see you've taken a lemonade break. I'll catch you later.

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Brandy,
Nice to meet you at June Jubilee.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 01:22 PM
I am so in love with this book, (or maybe it's the hunky hero). Okay, I love all my books, but this one is really special. It might be because I set it in the time period of the 1960's, the era of which I was a young girl, or that I wrote of a small country town (like I grew up in). But this one will always be special to my heart, and when you see this fabulous cover, I dare you not to feel a deep sigh too. :)

WINNER of the 2009 P&E Readers Poll for the YA Category, this print book is on sale at only $10 TODAY ONLY! (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html) It's also as ebook at Smashwords (http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15370) and Amazon Kindle. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NX7LVC/sr=1-2/qid=1275412367/ref=sr_1_2_oe_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275412367&sr=1-2)

Blurb:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Darlene Moore’s reason for shunning Parker Shane has nothing to do with his
reputation of being a playboy. She even dates him before the death of her mother
forces her to move away. After a two-year absence from Dalesville, she returns
home to find Parker exchanging wedding vows with her sister. Two months later, her
sister dies.
<!----> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Then Richard Ryan, head of Dalesville’s wealthy, prominent family, and Parker’s
employer, goes missing. Could there be a connection to his disappearance and
Parker’s unexpected promotion?
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Danger and questions a plenty barrage Darlene with the deadly speed of a six-
shooter. Who called down a representative from a Washington agency? Who later
assaulted him? Who attacked Darlene at her friend’s apartment? And will Parker’s
scandalous brand of playboy be changed to one of murderous culprit? Or, in the
moment of Darlene’s greatest need, might he become her rescuing knight?

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Tahoma; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520077569 -1073717157 41 0 66047 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} h3 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:3; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} h4 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:4; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;} h5 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:none; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:5; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Verdana; letter-spacing:-.2pt;} p.MsoHeading7, li.MsoHeading7, div.MsoHeading7 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:-.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:7; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoHeading8, li.MsoHeading8, div.MsoHeading8 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:8; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoCommentText, li.MsoCommentText, div.MsoCommentText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.MsoCommentReference {mso-ansi-font-size:8.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:8.0pt;} p.MsoBodyText, li.MsoBodyText, div.MsoBodyText {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoBodyTextIndent2, li.MsoBodyTextIndent2, div.MsoBodyTextIndent2 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent3, li.MsoBodyTextIndent3, div.MsoBodyTextIndent3 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:bold;} p.BalloonText, li.BalloonText, div.BalloonText {mso-style-name:"Balloon Text"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:8.0pt; font-family:Tahoma; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.annotationsubject, li.annotationsubject, div.annotationsubject {mso-style-name:"annotation subject"; mso-style-parent:"Comment Text"; mso-style-next:"Comment Text"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-weight:bold;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Kicking off her flip-flops, Darlene trotted barefoot to the water’s edge. Diving headlong, she sliced through the chilled water with swift strokes. By the time she pulled herself up the wooden rungs of a fishing platform, her teeth chattered noisily. Folding to the sun-heated planks, she lay shivering. <o></o>

The structure vibrated, and footsteps approached, the heavy tread indicating a man’s presence. Weakly, she lifted her hand to block the sun’s rays. “Who is it?” A shadow stepped between her and the sunlight. Recognizing the familiar deep laugh, she started. “Parker?” <o></o>

He landed beside her. “What kind of snub is this?”<o></o>

“Huh?” She lowered her hand, almost grazing her nails across his soaking wet chest. He sat close—so close she could count every pore. Ripping her gaze from the sight of a single water droplet that slid over the hump of his Adam’s apple and down the length of his tanned throat, she stumbled to her feet.<o></o>

“What…? What snub?” <o></o>

“To what I told Margo.” From behind her came the rumble of his deep laughter. “You’re playing this hard-to-get game to the hilt.”<o></o>

She dared a peek at him. Yeah, she wasn’t dreaming. He really sat there with his firm-looking chest, curvy biceps, and tight, white trunks. And with strands of wet hair clumped across his forehead, creating rivulets down his cheeks and along his strong jaw line, she could almost believe in the existence of mermen.<o></o>

“Margo?” she said stupidly.<o></o>

“Uh huh. She told you I’d join you all if the pretty redhead came over and asked me, didn’t she?” Teeth whiter than sun-ripened cotton, he bared a dazzling grin. “But what do you do? You snub me to dash out here.”<o></o>

“Oh.” Darlene squinted toward the bank, trying to spot the maple tree where she’d left Margo. “Um…yeah. Yeah, she told us.” Crossing her arms over her chest, she went to stand on the other side.<o></o>

The platform shuddered as Parker rose to his feet. “Hmm, then maybe this isn’t a snub? Maybe it’s your way of inviting me to a little – what do they call it? Tête-à-tête?”<o></o>

Darlene ignored his teasing tone. Instead, she asked bluntly, “Why did you dump George Vining to go work for Uncle Richard?”<o></o>

He paused in mid stride. “Don’t sound so accusing. I work at both places.”

“What? How can you?”<o></o>

“I put in hours at George’s garage every other weekend and each Friday night after I leave Ryan Works.”<o></o>

“Really? Then…” Darlene shook her head in confusion. [I]Why is Margo mad at me?<o></o>

Parker came to stand beside her. “What’s with the third degree?”<o></o>

“Nothing,” she mumbled. “Sorry if it sounded that way.”<o></o>

“You know,” he said, resting both hands on his hips, “that’s one reason I haven’t had a chance to call you. I’ve been busy raking in the bread.”<o></o>

“Hmm.” Her attention caught by a triumphant yell from the players of the volleyball game, Darlene narrowed her gaze, identifying the scorer as Roy.<o></o>

“There’s the young Mr. Spencer,” Parker said. “What do you see in him?” <o></o>

She didn’t like the way he asked. Deciding to give him something to think about, she answered, “Isn’t it obvious? He’s on his way to becoming a junior vice-president.”<o></o>

Parker ran his fingers through his half-dry hair, swiping it back from his forehead. “That matters to you?”<o></o>

Immediately, she regretted her rash remark. “Not really.” She walked to the other side. A blue gill fish startled her by its sudden jump into the sunlight. It arched to catch a dragonfly, and splashed back in the water, disappearing from sight. Parker came up, his hand closing on her elbow.

“You free Friday night?”<o></o>

His touch zapped a bolt through her like an electric shock. Pulling away, she looked into his face. “I don’t see you for months and months and that’s what you ask me?”<o></o>

“I just explained how busy I’ve been.” His lips spread in a slow smile. “Wait a minute. Does that mean you’ve missed me?”<o></o>

“No.” Irritated that she even brought up the nonsensical point, she said, “And that’s your answer for Friday night, too.”<o></o>

“Okay.” He brushed his knuckles across his chin in a thoughtful gesture. “So, who are you dating Friday?”<o></o>

“I— um— ” She searched her brain for something to say. “That’s none of your business.”<o></o>

“Oh, yeah it is.” He stepped closer, clasping both her hands in his. Though she tugged to get loose, his hold tightened. “C’mon, Pepper. You can carry this hard-to-get thing too far.”<o></o>

“Let go,” she gasped, disturbed at how her nose almost touched his chin — which was only a couple inches lower than his lips.<o></o>

His lazy gaze slid over her upturned face. “You’re making me think bad thoughts,” he murmured, his breath tickling the hair at her temple. “Like…am I wearing the wrong deodorant? How come you keep putting me off?”<o></o>

“I told you.” Pulse racing, she gave one final, determined jerk and broke free. <o></o>

“You know you’ve not given me a chance to defend myself.”<o></o>

“It doesn’t matter.” Desperately trying to keep some kind of distance between them, she staggered backward. “I’m not going out with you.”<o></o>

“Just because I’ve dated a few girls?” Parker’s mocking grin taunted her. <o></o>

“It’s [I]who you’ve dated.”<o></o>

“Like who?” His brows rose in surprised comprehension. “You don’t mean Ellie?” Throwing back his head, he released hearty laughter. “You’re jealous that she kissed me?”<o></o>

“I’m not jealous!”<o></o>

“Sure you are. That’s got to be the answer.” He came nearer and Darlene retreated more. <o></o>

“Why can’t you accept ‘no’?” she flung at him, feeling her heel at the very edge of the platform.<o></o>

“Why can’t you admit you’re jealous?”<o></o>

“I’m not!” Fists clenched, she glared her frustration.<o></o>

“You are, and,” his shadow falling across her, he purred almost in her ear, “it looks like you’ve backed yourself into the proverbial corner.” <o></o>
You gotta watch this video. (http://www.missmaesite.com/whentheboughbreaks.htm) The guy who plays my hero, Parker, is sooooo cute!!! :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 01:37 PM
more for my book list, lol... I'm going broke!!!:juggler:

Hee hee, that's what happens to us readers! We gotta feed our habit! :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Miss Mae,
I just popped in again to say "hello." Got the water out of my ears, and see that I missed out on the lemonade and information about a lot of great books. I'll be looking for more excertps, blurbs and reviews.

Why is there water in your ears, Gail????? Did you go to the pool? :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'm eagerly looking forward to the release of "It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred", the origin of my "Dear Winifred" series. This will be from Whimsical Publications. (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/Its_Elementary_My_Dear_Winifred.html) Its video (http://www.missmaesite.com/elementarydearwinifred.htm) won 2nd place in the YouGottaReadVideos April 2010 contest!

Blurb:

Winifred Merryweather loves mysteries. She believes her sleuthing abilities, while maybe not on par with London’s most brilliant detective, are nonetheless extremely capable. After all, when she meets with the members of her reading club at Lord Nelson Chatham’s estate, isn’t she the first to deduce the identity of the villain in the books they discuss?

But when the whole of her reading club, along with newspaper reporter Remington Hawthorne, is kidnapped and thrust into a mystery not of their choosing, Winifred must use every skill she possesses to uncover the clues. What is the truth behind the nightmarish scenario they find themselves in? Who is their abductor? Are the tricks and riddles which confront them merely a test of their initiative–or something more sinister?

And why do Remington’s flirtatious charms annoy her so maddeningly?

The answers don’t come easily and Winifred soon learns that solving a real-life
mystery is anything but “elementary”.

Excerpt:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} h2 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:2; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent, li.MsoBodyTextIndent, div.MsoBodyTextIndent {margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:0in; margin-left:.5in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoBodyTextIndent2, li.MsoBodyTextIndent2, div.MsoBodyTextIndent2 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; font-style:italic;} p.MsoBodyTextIndent3, li.MsoBodyTextIndent3, div.MsoBodyTextIndent3 {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.5in; line-height:200%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
He halted, his hand clutching hers again, his fingers digging into her flesh. “What’s that noise?”

She tensed, straining to hear. From behind them a cacophony of clicks and scrapes echoed in the darkness. Remington’s alert expression changed to alarm. “Hounds!”

As one, they fled down the hallway. Remington’s grip on her hand never slackened as he propelled her down one darkened corridor to another. The flame of the swinging lantern burned low, its light a mere glimmer in the vast murkiness. Snarling barks rumbled from the advancing canines, their paws pounded the floor like galloping racehorses. Sheer terror froze the air in Winifred’s lungs. With her heart hammering in her ears, she panted. “A room! We must hide!”

Remington shot a look across his shoulder. “There!” Sprinting around a corner, he threw himself against a door recessed in the shadowy wall. He burst through and twisted back to reach for Winifred. In her haste, she stumbled, tripping over the threshold and falling to her knees. From the corner of her eye she caught a flash of bared fangs. Screaming, she kicked out, crawling backwards on her hands.

Before the drooling mouth could sink its teeth into her leg, Remington pushed her out of the way, coming between her and the charging animal. It sprang, Remington’s upraised arm blocking its massive jaws aimed for his jugular. Staggering under the beast’s weight, he maneuvered their bodies, shielding Winifred from the snapping growls of the second large hound that clawed to squeeze past. His free hand clenching the brute’s throat, Remington wrestled its body off him, hurling it in the direction of its mate. In one fluid motion, he wheeled around, grasped Winifred about her waist and shoved her into the room. A moment before the door slammed on the fearsome creatures, one regained its footing and lunged. Remington, his ankle snared by the giant dog, dropped to the floor.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Also, I have a bi-monthly newsletter. It's free, and all you gotta do to send a mail to MissMaeNews AT rocketmail dot com with the heading of "subscribe". It's that easy. :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 02:09 PM
I have a Monday feature on my blog (http://missmaesite.blogspot.com) called "Doggy Tales". If anyone has a special furry, finned, or feathered pal that you'd like to share a story about, let me know! I'd be happy to introduce your buddy to the world!

Include a photo and article (around 500 - 1000) words to MissMaeNews AT rocketmail dot com with heading of "doggy tales".

They'll be famous! :)

Anne Patrick
June 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM
:scooter:Just dropping by to wish you luck on your June Jubilee...and to grab a sip or two of your delicious lemonade.smilies/beer1.gif Hope you have a fantastic day my friend!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM
Thank you so much, Anne. How's work? I bet it's busy!

Anne Patrick
June 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Very busy this week. Since I'm getting ready to leave on vacation I have two weeks worth of work to get done in four days. Needless to say, I'll be doing some of it at home. I'll try to drop in again later. if not, I hope you have a really great day MM.

Grammi7
June 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
All of these books have been added to my TBR list. I can't wait to get them.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
All of these books have been added to my TBR list. I can't wait to get them.

Hi there, Grammi! Thanks for hanging out with me! Be sure to grab a tumbler full of that lemonade now! And some of the coupons work only for today! LOL Grab 'em while they're hot! :womancomputer:

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 02:35 PM
I'm going to take a break, and will return later. :)

Robbibird3
June 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Well I guess I'm gonna have to create a TBR list just for June Jubilee. Then add them to my wps file which is now up to 1750's. So what is the Jubilee all about?

Thanks,
Robin

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
Well, as soon as I get a sandwich and come back, I hear thunder from those cloudy skies! I think I better shut down for the time being, but I plan to come back! :)

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Well I guess I'm gonna have to create a TBR list just for June Jubilee. Then add them to my wps file which is now up to 1750's. So what is the Jubilee all about?

Thanks,
Robin

This is the first I'm participating in the Jubilee, but I think it's something like "come over and get to know the author" type thing. :)

HywelaLyn
June 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
Just popping in again to say hope your day's going great, and to read the fantastic excerpts (Even though I've read all the complete stories, some of them twice!) Oh, did you leave that special lemonade out for me? Thanks, don't mind if I do!ChampagneParty.gif

CharmedGirl
June 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
Lemonade...at this time of the morning. I don't think that's a good idea. I think I'll stick with a cup of tea seeing as it's only 6am. LOL

Gail Pallotta
June 1st, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hi Miss Mae,
Yes, I went to swim this morning, and that's how I got water in my ears. It's gone now.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 06:08 PM
The rain passed, and I'm back. At least it did cool down the steaming heat that was here!

I also wanted to mention that I have a FREE READ, "Fated (http://www.missmaesite.com/freefateddestiny.htm)Destiny" available. All you need to do is to download.

Blurb:

Prisoner 86's fate is in the hands of his merciless Captain. Or is it? As their ship enters a raging thunderstorm, what bizarre event transforms their lives in an eternal destiny?

Catherine Bybee
June 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
Oh boy... hey there Miss Mae... Looks like you're kicking June off great... and I'll be ending it on the 30th. I'm looking to you to show me how this is done!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks, Catherine, but I'm just feeling my way! LOL

Catherine Bybee
June 1st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks, Catherine, but I'm just feeling my way! LOL

You seem to know what you're doing. smilies/balsmilies.g

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks! But, you know, it mentioned something about posting in the Special Interests, but I really didn't see much going on there, and it didn't make sense to me, so I opted for my corner. :) (and I put my thumb in my pie, and pulled out a plum...yeah!):whistilin:

Catherine Bybee
June 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
I have a feeling that the jubilee will evolve as the month continues.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Well, I sure appreciate you coming over! Remind me to join you on your day! :)

Catherine Bybee
June 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM
I'll do that. So tell me, how is it were you able to offer discounts on your books. Are these two self published?

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, those particular two are self-published at Smashwords. Dove Island is an extreme short, less than 2000 words and had previously been pubbed at TWRP. I pulled it after a while, and then put it up later at SW.

"See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" had also been at TWRP. While there is when it won its awards. When my contract expired, I didn't offer to renew. I was tired of it being an ebook, and wanted to see it in print.

So I changed the story a bit, added some new characters, and some new scenes, made my own book cover, and have it up now at Amazon in PRINT!!! But, also, it's available at SW as an ebook. But with self-pub at SW, you keep a whole LOT more in royalties! :)

Catherine Bybee
June 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yes, those particular two are self-published at Smashwords. Dove Island is an extreme short, less than 2000 words and had previously been pubbed at TWRP. I pulled it after a while, and then put it up later at SW.

"See No Evil, My Pretty Lady" had also been at TWRP. While there is when it won its awards. When my contract expired, I didn't offer to renew. I was tired of it being an ebook, and wanted to see it in print.

So I changed the story a bit, added some new characters, and some new scenes, made my own book cover, and have it up now at Amazon in PRINT!!! But, also, it's available at SW as an ebook. But with self-pub at SW, you keep a whole LOT more in royalties! :)

Well... that gives me lots of questions for you. Like, do you find new readers after your books have been out for a while? Having your books in print is a big thing... I love that my time travel series is novel length and is in print.

MSEReads
June 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
I'm at the end of my day now so, like Lyn, I am stopping in to say Hi again. Now you can pass the lemonade my way! Hmmm - where are those little emoticons when I want one? Oh - had to get advanced to find them! :partysmiley:

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:24 PM
I think I finally found the right place. Hey, Miss Mae, do we still have lemonade? Can't have a Jubilee party without the brew!

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:27 PM
Well... that gives me lots of questions for you. Like, do you find new readers after your books have been out for a while? Having your books in print is a big thing... I love that my time travel series is novel length and is in print.

Yes, to me, print books are the only way to read. :) Those are "real" (and as so says lots of my friends).

For finding new readers...as you know, we make some online friends/readers on our pub's Yahoo group. They will buy one or two of our books, and maybe even become a faithful reader. But I've learned that finding new readers outside the Yahoo groups and our friends/family is difficult. Marketing and promo is tough, but I do it to try and perk interest. Have I picked up new readers? No one's written me a gushing mail yet. LOL, so that answer might still be up in the air!

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
Has anyone else here read "When The Bough Breaks." It's my favorite Miss Mae spine-tingler. Doesn't get any better than that one. Well....unless you consider "Said The Spider To The Fly." Both will keep you on the edge. And I promise you, you will never know the guilty culprit(s) until Miss Mae reveals him/her or them.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'm at the end of my day now so, like Lyn, I am stopping in to say Hi again. Now you can pass the lemonade my way! Hmmm - where are those little emoticons when I want one? Oh - had to get advanced to find them! :partysmiley:

Hey, Martha! Slug back that lemonade and quench your thirst, working woman! smilies/champagne1.g

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM
I think I finally found the right place. Hey, Miss Mae, do we still have lemonade? Can't have a Jubilee party without the brew!

We have it, boy, do we have it!:dizzy:

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:31 PM
Has anyone else here read "When The Bough Breaks." It's my favorite Miss Mae spine-tingler. Doesn't get any better than that one. Well....unless you consider "Said The Spider To The Fly." Both will keep you on the edge. And I promise you, you will never know the guilty culprit(s) until Miss Mae reveals him/her or them.

Aw, thanks, Laurie. :) Hey, did you read Lynn's review of my "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady"? I was so honored!

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:33 PM
Catherine, I agree with Miss Mae. There is no comparison between e-books and paperback novels. Just to hold that baby in your hand is pure gratification. And this way, you can sell to family, friends, and at book signings.

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
No, I haven't yet. I read Gail's review of "Said The Spider To The Fly" on GoodReads. Is Lynn's link posted on our Sweetest Romance Authors loop?

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Is Martha still here? I wanted to say hi to her.

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
No, I haven't yet. I read Gail's review of "Said The Spider To The Fly" on GoodReads. Is Lynn's link posted on our Sweetest Romance Authors loop?

You can go here to Smashwords and read it:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13752

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
"Dove Island" is one I want to see made into a full length. It just gets to a cliffhanger, and leaves you there begging for "MORE!"

Miss Mae
June 1st, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'm going to have to sign off now. Been here for about 10 hours, and my eyes are burning. If anyone still has questions, ask away, and I'll get to them tomorrow. :)

Thanks, everyone, for coming over and sharing in my June Jubilee! :)

Laurean
June 1st, 2010, 07:55 PM
I just read it. Does it get any better than that? Lynn has a way with words. I loved that review!

Gonna dip out and walk my babies. I see them through the open window, lying on the pocrch, eyes fixed on me...waiting...waiting so patiently.

Yipper barked her command an hour ago. I replied, "Wait a little while. It's too hot." She's trying to be patient. LOL.

And Riley? He wants to jump into that deep water hole at the end of the culvert. Yipper will get her feet wet up to her ankles, but Riley goes whole-hog when he dips.

I'll try to find this page again in an hour or so.

Robbibird3
June 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Jumping in on ebook versus print book discussion. If portable ereaders were not so expensive I'd be on that bandwagon because of the "green" effect. Face it some day things will have to change. We already procreate so well that we are pushing animals out of their natural habitats. If we continue at this rate, will we even have space for all to live without considering living on the moon or another planet or even under water. So I see the future in ebooks, although they cannot have an author's signature like a print can. For now most of my books are in print and sometimes I like to reread them but now many that haven't been water damaged and had to be thrown out are packed away. A ebook however wouldn't take up as much space. Just my two cents worth.

Robin

brandyzbooks
June 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
will ya all let me know if you can see this post, we are having severe weather and my posts don't seem to be postin'.... grrrrr :flamingmad:

Happy June Jubilee!!!

Whimsical Publications
June 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM

When The Bough Breaks is available in print from http://www.whimsicalpublications.com (http://www.whimsicalpublications.com/) for $10. It's also available in ebook format for those who want it. This special price is for today only until midnight, eastern standard time.

Come show your support for Miss Mae and get your copy.

Happy reading and have a great June Jubilee.

WP

Whimsical Publications
June 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
will ya all let me know if you can see this post, we are having severe weather and my posts don't seem to be postin'.... grrrrr :flamingmad:

Happy June Jubilee!!!

Your post is showing up. Never fear.

brandyzbooks
June 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Your post is showing up. Never fear.

Thank you for letting me know!!! :flowers:

Miss Mae
June 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks to everyone who came over and helped to make my Jubilee day awesome! :)