PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of the June Jubilee

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:18 AM
Good Morning all. UK author Megan Rose here. I'm posting on a few different subjects today, but wanted to start with photography. My computer is being taken away for repair today, so I'll be on my laptop later. As most of my pics are on the hard drive, I thought it best to start with those :) I'm no expert on photography by any means, but hobbies are all about enjoyment and I certainly do enjoy taking my camera out and about with me and snapping away LOL.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 03:23 AM
I'm not the best photographer either. I leave the camera with my husband whenever the need for a photo to be taken arises. LOL

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:25 AM
I've attached three photos which I took on a recent walk. (I hope they come out OK)

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:27 AM
I'm not the best photographer either. I leave the camera with my husband whenever the need for a photo to be taken arises. LOL

LOL Bec. My husband has no interest in photography, but he does stand there patiently while I take my snaps, albeit muttering comments about David Bailey :)

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:30 AM
I'll also be nattering about my card making, scrapbooking and if time, I'll be popping into the dolls house area too. I'm home all day with my boys, as it's half term here in the UK, so if you've any questions or comments, feel free to shout them out and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:33 AM
I love taking photos of trees, they can take on all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes. Here are a few from around my local area. Living near the country side helps an awful lot LOL.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 03:37 AM
They're beautiful shots Megan. I especially love the second one.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:39 AM
They're beautiful shots Megan. I especially love the second one.

Thank you Bec. It was quite a cloudy day, which is why that particular one has a spooky air about it :) The first one is actually on a golf course. The public pathway runs right through it, so it's great for us, as I can take pictures and the hubby gets to watch golf LOL.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
Watch golf? He doesn't play?

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
As summer time is just around the corner, let me do my part for the Crete tourist board and try to tempt you all there with my holiday photographs :) These shots are of Elounda, a beautiful fishing village with the island of Spinalonga a short boat ride away.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:46 AM
Watch golf? He doesn't play?

Plays and watches Bec. He tries to lure me there too, but I'm afraid I can't stand golf.

HywelaLyn
June 2nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Megan

Lovely photos. I'm another UK author, originally form Wales, though I now live in England. I take my camera with me whenever I'm out and about, although I'm no expert either . I love trees too. they add so much variety to the landscape.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Plays and watches Bec. He tries to lure me there too, but I'm afraid I can't stand golf.

I can't stand golf either Megan. It's the most boring sport to watch.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Hi Megan

Lovely photos. I'm another UK author, originally form Wales, though I now live in England. I take my camera with me whenever I'm out and about, although I'm no expert either . I love trees too. they add so much variety to the landscape.

Wales is a beautiful place. I especially love watching Escape to the Country when they're in Wales LOL. Please feel free to share some of your pictures too Hywela.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:56 AM
I can't stand golf either Megan. It's the most boring sport to watch.

LOL Bec. When we were first dating he took me to the driving range...I really was a terrible shot. But you know how it is when you try to impress anyone new :) Now that we've been married for 13 years, I have no trouble in telling him exactly what I think of golf.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 03:59 AM
This shot won me second place in a photography contest earlier this year. It was taken at my favourite time of year...Autumn.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 04:00 AM
Oops..here it is :)

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 04:01 AM
Wales is a beautiful place. I especially love watching Escape to the Country when they're in Wales LOL. Please feel free to share some of your pictures too Hywela.

I'll have to see what pics I've got stored on my computer. Maybe I can post some.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 04:01 AM
LOL..or not. Sorry..I seem to be having problems downloading this one. It's obviously shy :)

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 04:03 AM
I'll have to see what pics I've got stored on my computer. Maybe I can post some.

That would be great Bec. And if anyone has any tips on photography I would be keen on hearing them. I'm totally lost on all this mega pixel talk, but I'm pretty sure I need a camera with at leats 3mps. The one I have right now is about a 2.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 04:39 AM
Here's a couple of pics taken on various overseas holidays.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 04:41 AM
The second pic is a profiterole cake. Very yummy! LOL

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 05:30 AM
The second pic is a profiterole cake. Very yummy! LOL

Yes, it looks delicious Bec. Did you make it ? I love the first photograph. Must have been a great holiday.

HywelaLyn
June 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
[/code]
Thanks Meg. Here are some pictures I took in Wales at Christmas.

The top picture is blurred as it was taken through a moving car window!
The other two were at my sister's place when it had just started to snow.

Pamk258
June 2nd, 2010, 08:19 AM
love all the picsture and Love to take pics and scrapbook myself. Just don't have enough time in the day to all my hobbies. told hubby he needed to win the lottery so I can quit work

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Hywela, your pictures are great. I love photos of snow covered landscapes.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
love all the picsture and Love to take pics and scrapbook myself. Just don't have enough time in the day to all my hobbies. told hubby he needed to win the lottery so I can quit work

Pam, time is always a problem for me too. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

CharmedGirl
June 2nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Yes, it looks delicious Bec. Did you make it ? I love the first photograph. Must have been a great holiday.

Nope that's actually a wedding cake made at the place we stayed at. LOL

And the holiday was fantastic. The first pic is in Fiji, the other two are from Vanuatu.

LindaAndrews
June 2nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I love the second tree as well. Definitely spooky

LindaAndrews
June 2nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
What is dolls house area?

Gwyn Lacy
June 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
:parachute:I admire crafters and purchase crafts and dream about completing anything--and it doesn't often happen. I wish I could have someone come and put all my photos in photo books with scrapping---but I'd need to sell a lot of books or write the next Harry Potter-lol.:whistling:

Franny_Armstrong_PNG
June 3rd, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hello all. I realize I'm not on spotlight until June 18th, but I wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm definately a hobby gal from way back. I've done just about every hobby there is, but writing has changed from hobby to career and I love it more than anything.

I also do stained glass, art in various mediums, and do website graphic design. I'm a compulsive workaholic when it comes to the computer and seldom leave it more than a few inches away.

It's great to be a part of the Jubilee and I look forward to seeing more of them.

Hugs
Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl
www.paranovelgirls.com (http://www.paranovelgirls.com)

Amy Gallow
June 3rd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Megan,
I was given a Royer-Savoy 35mm camera for my twenty-first birthday and used it for the next thirty years as I traveled, married, and our three children were born. A lot of my shots were taken at sea, sunsets, albatrosses and other sea birds, some of a much younger me in some of the lesser known ports of the world, the remainder our children growing up, their sporting triumphs (or otherwise). Our son's wedding tempted me to replace it with a Minolta 35mm reflex and that became our companion for the next fifteen years, particularly when we went to Aspen to join our younger daughter (she was a ski instructor there) and on our trip through Santa Fe, the Grand Canyon, San Diego and up the West Coast to Vancouver, then across the Rockies to Edmonton on the Rocky Mountaineer train before returning to Australia. In the process, I've accumulated uncounted slides and photos which sit unloved in boxes, waiting to be sorted.
In 2006, a trip to Europe triggered the purchase of a digital camera and over 1300 shots (after sorting out the failures) which we've organized and sorted in the computer, using software to remove some of our failings.
One day, I'll sort the photos and slides and scan those of significance, but I'm not holding my breath.