PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of the June Jubilee. Cardmaking

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Good Morning folks. I'm author Megan Rose and today is the second day of the June Jubilee here at Coffee Time Romance. I'm popping in and out of various Special Interest chats today, including card making, which I love, scrapbooking and photography. Feel free to share any hints and tips that all you card making experts have. I'm especially looking for any websites that offer free printables. I know there are several for scrapbooking. I think that in the times we are in right now, anything free is brilliant, but if we can use free items in our crafts, it makes it all the more fun.

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 06:05 AM
So here is my first question for all you card makers out there. What is the strangest item that you have ever used on a card as a decoration? I have to admit to borrowing items off other cards and I have also used novelty buttons, but so far.....nothing too outrageous.

Kelly Fitzpatrick
June 2nd, 2010, 09:40 AM
So here is my first question for all you card makers out there. What is the strangest item that you have ever used on a card as a decoration? I have to admit to borrowing items off other cards and I have also used novelty buttons, but so far.....nothing too outrageous.

I quilt. Since my hubby was in the Navy I made him a quilt with anchor buttons and patches with the names of the submarines he served on. The fabric was in a red, white and blues scheme and had his favorite things: Coke, golf, fireworks, dogs etc...:smilingsun:Have a great jubilee day!

Megan Rose
June 2nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
I quilt. Since my hubby was in the Navy I made him a quilt with anchor buttons and patches with the names of the submarines he served on. The fabric was in a red, white and blues scheme and had his favorite things: Coke, golf, fireworks, dogs etc...:smilingsun:Have a great jubilee day!
Wow, that sounds great. I envy you Kelly. I don't think I have the patience to quilt :)

Tambra
June 13th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hi Megan,

I've made my own cards for years. I do watercolors and calligraphy. I also buy scrapbooking items to add to my cards. I've also used material, fabric flowers, ribbon, buttons.

Nice to see someone else makes cards. too!

Hugs,
Tambra

Catherine Bybee
June 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Love my home made cards. I've not bought a card for twenty years. "Oh, Lord, I'm old!" I made cards long before I scrapbooked.

Tambra
June 13th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hi Catherine!

I love homemade cards. You can really make the card fit the person and the occasion.

When my grandson was here last Christmas, we made cards. I have one on my refrigerator and I treasure it. He was almost three when he made it.

We got out crayons, templates, rubber stamps (he loved those!) and watercolors. I think he had as much fun and I did.

Hugs,
Tambra