PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the third day of June Jubliee

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Good Morning,
Thanks for stopping by to help me celebrate! I'm so happy to be here to talk about my inspirational romance, Love Turns the Tide, and to introduce some of the friends. One of the fun parts of having out a book has been meeting people on the internet.

You could be a winner too! I'm going to give away a free download of Love Turns the Tide to one person. Also, I recently went to Destin, Florida, and brought back a four-inch, decorative, painted tile that has a beach scene on it to give away today to another winner. :welcome1:

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM
I love contests but it looks like I'm not going to get a chance to enter until the morning since it's almost my bedtime.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Charmed Girl,
Thanks for stopping by. I'll be here until late afternoon or early evening EST, so there's plenty of time to enter the contests.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 08:50 AM
Are you a beach person, Charmed Girl?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to June Jubilee! I'll be introducing some of my friends, talking about the beach and Love Turns the Tide, and holding two contests! I'll give away a free download of Love Turns the Tide and a four-inch painted tile with a beach scene on it.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Since my book is set at the shore, and the first thing I ever had published in a commerical book was about the ocean. I thought I'd share my poem, "The Wave." Hope you like it.

"White foam curls from it's surging bank
While the wave rolls around grained earth,
And folds under to meet towing currents
That take it back to reach the depths,
From where it first broke forth to climb
To the edge of white sunny sands.
Tossed and turned, the wave rolls about
To land in a dark sea of doubt."
By Gail Pallotta
Copyrighted, 1963
By Paul L. Heard
The poem was published in the Anthology of American Poetry, Book V
I've always love the beach!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
I just looked at the copyright date on my poem. You have to understand, I was three. lol

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Oh, you were three, were you, Gail? :tt2:

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
Welcome to your Jubilee day! Wow, you have lots of guests viewing you over! Don't be shy, folks! Jump in and join the discussion! :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Good morning, Miss Mae,
Thanks so much for stopping by. Could have only been two- and three-fourths, but I think it was three.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
Oh great!
If I have lots of guests I need to post the rules for my first contest. I'll put them up now, and I'll post them several times during the day.
To win a free download of Love Turns the Tide go to my Web Site,
http://www.gailpallotta.com, answer this question:
Who launches his own investigation into the crimes that occur in Love Turns the Tide. Then, email me at pallotta@gailpallotta.com with the answer. In the subject line, put Free download.
Later tonight, I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw a winner! I'll email the winner on Friday.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Miss Mae,
Tell us about one of your books.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Here's a little about Love Turn the Tide. It tells the story of Cammie O'Shea who faces a traumatic split-up with her fiance and has to leave her family and friends to take a new job in Destin, Florida. Heartbroken and alone in a place where she knows no one, she needs God more now than she ever has. But for some reason she can't explain she feels more estranged from him. A feature writer, she dreads meeting her new boss, the editor of The Sun Dial newspaper. However, her real source of angst turns out to be Vic Deleona, the influential real estate tycoon she must write about to generate interest in the paper. While she refused to open herself to another painful relationship he attempts to court her. Even though she sees him as pompous she goes out of her way to maintain a good business association. Trying to get over her heartache, she reads Romans 8:28, "And, we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..." Afterward she ponder how living in Destin possibly could be good for her. Then, break-ins occur at her friend's condo, and Vic comes to their rescue. Just as Cammie gets to know him better she has an offer to return home to her old job. Will she leave Destin, or will Vic win her heart?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Here's an excerpt from Love Turns the Tide. Cammie and Vic are on a cruise:
Suddenly Cammie noticed that the bright sun sat on the surface of the water melting into the sea like butter. Soon the boat turned, probably to head back to dock. But Cammie didn't want the cruise to end. She wondered if the other passengers were thinking the same thing, because the deck grew so quiet she could hear the sea sloshing as a boat pulled alongside them. It was a gondola with a young couple and a gondolier, who wore black pants, a white shirt with blousy sleeves, and a big red cummerbund. Cammie got up and rushed to the side of the Shrimp Boat. "Oh my, look at that," she said. The boy and girl seated at the end of the boat underneath the soft glow of a lantern waved at her. When she threw up her hand to return the gesture, she leaned across the rail, sliding forward. But Vic pulled her back with his strong arms. For a few moments he held her close to him. "Whoa, take it easy."

She felt safe and comfortable being next to him, but pain from the depths of her soul screamed that she couldn't be hurt again. She jerked away and smoothed the wrinkles in her brown pants. "I don't know what happened."

Vic laughed. "I do. You just bent over and started to fall into the ocean until I caught you."

There was his big ego again. Not only that, he was being sarcastic. Well, she didn't have to put up with his superior attitude much longer. "All right, go ahead and enjoy yourself, make fun of me." Vic chortled, but before she could add that she hadn't taken any pleasure out of entertaining him by putting herself in harm's way the boat pulled up to dock. It was just as well.

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Here's a little about Love Turn the Tide. It tells the story of Cammie O'Shea who faces a traumatic split-up with her fiance and has to leave her family and friends to take a new job in Destin, Florida. Heartbroken and alone in a place where she knows no one, she needs God more now than she ever has. But for some reason she can't explain she feels more estranged from him. A feature writer, she dreads meeting her new boss, the editor of The Sun Dial newspaper. However, her real source of angst turns out to be Vic Deleona, the influential real estate tycoon she must write about to generate interest in the paper. While she refused to open herself to another painful relationship he attempts to court her. Even though she sees him as pompous she goes out of her way to maintain a good business association. Trying to get over her heartache, she reads Romans 8:28, "And, we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..." Afterward she ponder how living in Destin possibly could be good for her. Then, break-ins occur at her friend's condo, and Vic comes to their rescue. Just as Cammie gets to know him better she has an offer to return home to her old job. Will she leave Destin, or will Vic win her heart?

Great blurb! :)

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
Okay, so how about an excerpt when this guy gets chummy with her? :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Miss Lynn at Miss Lynn's Books and More rated Love Turns the Tide
at 5+ Stars. She said: "This was an excellent story with three main characters that grow on you right from the beginning, Cammie, Angie and Vic. The secondary characters are very much a part of this story line and they fit right in perfectly, including the ducks, which we cannot leave out. There is just enough suspense to the story to keep the reader turning the pages when someone has made it a point to vandalize Angie and Cammie's condo's. Can the police find the intruder before he strikes again and who seems to leave no clues. Just when the reader thinks they know who it is their mind changes a little. Will this cause Cammie to stay in Destin or return home to family friends? What does the future hold?

When I started reading this newest book of Gail Pallotta's I didn't stop till I had it finished. I feel the bible verses were written into the story line very well reflecting on her thoughts about judging, faith and her prayers, without making the book preachy. The cover of the book is beautiful, simple but relates to the story, the characters are well defined and I feel like this book has a wide appeal, and can be accepted by many types of readers. It was interesting and a pleasure to read.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks Miss Mae!
I'd love to hear about your new book. I loved Said the Spider to the Fly.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
Yes, coming right up! He gets chummy one night at dinner.

heather justesen
June 3rd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Gail, the story sounds great! You must be so excited to have this book come out.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Vic doesn't give up easily. He has offered to come over and make dinner for Cammie.
After they returned to Cammie's unit, Vic made himself at home in the kitchen, rattling the pots and pans in the cabinet until he found the George Foreman indoor grill. Putting it on the white tile counter he said, "Great, I like the idea of cooking in the comfort of your air conditioning."
"Yes," Cammie said as she got out rolls to heat.
By the time Vic finished their entree, it dawned on Cammie that she hadn't set the table, so she reached for the plates at the same time Vic turned. Bumping into her he aid, "Ooops, I'm sorry."
Then he put his arms around her, gazing at her with those dreamy eyes. Before she knew it her lips met his, and she was caught in an irresistible tide to a place she'd never been. He gently pushed her hair from her face, his eyes locked on her, inviting her into his world. She didn't want to go there because of the pain it might cause, but his kiss had awakened the sensitivities she'd tried so hard to bury.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks Miss Mae,
It has been such an exciting adventure. I'd always wanted to write a book and am so glad I've had the opportunity.
How about you? How did you start writing books?

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks Miss Mae!
I'd love to hear about your new book. I loved Said the Spider to the Fly.

Thanks, Gail. You sure gave me a fantastic review at GoodReads (http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/93146164). :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Heather,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I'm excited about having out a new book. How about you? Tell us about your writing.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Hi, Gail! bhowdysmilie.gif I'm going to catch up on posts real quick. Be right back!

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Vic doesn't give up easily. He has offered to come over and make dinner for Cammie.
After they returned to Cammie's unit, Vic made himself at home in the kitchen, rattling the pots and pans in the cabinet until he found the George Foreman indoor grill. Putting it on the white tile counter he said, "Great, I like the idea of cooking in the comfort of your air conditioning."
"Yes," Cammie said as she got out rolls to heat.
By the time Vic finished their entree, it dawned on Cammie that she hadn't set the table, so she reached for the plates at the same time Vic turned. Bumping into her he aid, "Ooops, I'm sorry."
Then he put his arms around her, gazing at her with those dreamy eyes. Before she knew it her lips met his, and she was caught in an irresistible tide to a place she'd never been. He gently pushed her hair from her face, his eyes locked on her, inviting her into his world. She didn't want to go there because of the pain it might cause, but his kiss had awakened the sensitivities she'd tried so hard to bury.

Oh, this is so sweet! *sigh*

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
I just looked at the copyright date on my poem. You have to understand, I was three. lol
Wow, you were a talented three-year-old. I'm impressed. :roflmao:

I like your poem, regardless of how old you were when you wrote it. :p

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hi E.A.,
Thanks for stopping by to help me celebrate!

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Gail, I have some things that need doing, but I'll pop in and out all day. Want some lemonade while I'm gone? smilies/champagne6.g Oooh, it kinda fizzles, don't it? hee hee

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks E. A.,
I may have fudged just a little about my age when I wrote "The Wave."

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Oh great Miss Mae,
I'll look forward to chatting again, and yes, please leave some of grandpappy's lemonade! Whee!!!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Heather and E. A.
What's new with you?

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Love the blurb! And Romans 8:28 is one of my favorite verses. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:49 AM
I'll post the rules again to win a dowload of Love Turns the Tide.
Go to my Web Site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer the question: Who launches his own investigation into the crimes that occur in Love Turns the Tide? Send the answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com. Put Free Download in the subject line and be sure to leave your email address, so I can contact you.
Later tonight I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one. I'll email the winner on Friday.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Great excerpts and an awesome review from Miss Lynn, Gail. Congratulations!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thank you, E. A.,
It's one of my favorite verses too. It's the Biblical basis for Love Turns the Tide.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Heather and E. A.
What's new with you?
Well, I'm all caught up on the posts now. :) Beyond that, I'm looking forward to chatting here today, in between polishing my latest manuscript and working on a crochet design.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks E. A.,
Good reviews make one feel warm and fuzzy inside, don't they. Here's another I'd like to share.
Goddess Minx at Literary Nymphs Reviews Only said:
This is quite a surprisingly different type of story with a Christian aspect, and I want to express my appreciation to Gail Pallotta for creating such a fabulous book. Love Turns the Tide is a heartfelt story for me, and the bible verses added a nice spirtual connection. I loved the scriptures that were written, and it aroused my curiosity to find them for myself. The villain, although a bit confused, turns out to be a little misguided in his thinking, and he needed to feel more love from his family.
Although there is not a lot of history given on either of the main characters, I really rooted for them to be together and to me, it seems they both needed each other. I am looking forward to reading more from this author, and can only hope she doesn't change her style of writing.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Oh, I so admire people who can crochet! How old were you when you learned to crochet, three like me, lol? And, I'd love to hear about one of your books.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks E. A.,
Good reviews make one feel warm and fuzzy inside, don't they. Here's another I'd like to share.
Goddess Minx at Literary Nymphs Reviews Only said:
This is quite a surprisingly different type of story with a Christian aspect, and I want to express my appreciation to Gail Pallotta for creating such a fabulous book. Love Turns the Tide is a heartfelt story for me, and the bible verses added a nice spirtual connection. I loved the scriptures that were written, and it aroused my curiosity to find them for myself. The villain, although a bit confused, turns out to be a little misguided in his thinking, and he needed to feel more love from his family.
Although there is not a lot of history given on either of the main characters, I really rooted for them to be together and to me, it seems they both needed each other. I am looking forward to reading more from this author, and can only hope she doesn't change her style of writing.
Very nice!

heather justesen
June 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Heather,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I'm excited about having out a new book. How about you? Tell us about your writing.

My second book, "Rebound" was just released. It's about a woman whose husband is arrested for fraud and she's left pregnant with a toddler. The government seizes all of their assets and her husband divorces her--and the stress brings on premature labor. To top it off she can't find a job because people think she knew about her husband's actions.

Her friend Curtis has applied for the NBA Draft and is dealing his his own issues--mostly related to connecting with his birth family.

It's a fun sweet romance!

I'm getting ready to submit another book, so I'm hoping my publisher likes it as much as I do!

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Oh, I so admire people who can crochet! How old were you when you learned to crochet, three like me, lol? And, I'd love to hear about one of your books.
Crocheting isn't as hard as you might think. It just takes some practice. My mom taught me to crochet when I was 6 or 7, then I quit for a while and started crocheting again as a teenager. Within the last couple of years I've started crocheting often, studying patterns and experimenting with different stitches. Now I'm starting to create some of my own designs, which is what I'm working on today. It's amazing how difficult it can be to translate what I do with yarn and a crochet hook into usable instructions so others can do the same thing. :melvin:

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks E. A.
It's such a good feeling to know someone relates to us and that we have something in common with others, whether we're writing something or talking with them.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:08 AM
My second book, "Rebound" was just released. It's about a woman whose husband is arrested for fraud and she's left pregnant with a toddler. The government seizes all of their assets and her husband divorces her--and the stress brings on premature labor. To top it off she can't find a job because people think she knew about her husband's actions.

Her friend Curtis has applied for the NBA Draft and is dealing his his own issues--mostly related to connecting with his birth family.

It's a fun sweet romance!

I'm getting ready to submit another book, so I'm hoping my publisher likes it as much as I do!
Sounds like a great story, Heather! Good luck with your submission. I'm getting ready to submit a book of my own, so here's to hoping we both get good news. smilies/beer1.gif

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Oh my, Heather,
That sounds as though you could write a book about crocheting, giving instructions on how to do it, and with your own patterns, WOW!

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks E. A.
It's such a good feeling to know someone relates to us and that we have something in common with others, whether we're writing something or talking with them.
That is so true. Do you have a story to share along those lines? Someone special who taught you something or who you really connected with over a common topic?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Congratulations on your release, Heather.
Rebound sounds like a story that will pull at one's heartstrings.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Oh my, Heather,
That sounds as though you could write a book about crocheting, giving instructions on how to do it, and with your own patterns, WOW!
With lots of how-to photos. It's amazing how much easier it is to learn something like crochet if you see someone else doing it. :)

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
And, I'd love to hear about one of your books.
How about my latest, Riley's Mission? It's a sweet romantic suspense.

Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she's not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.

Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren't responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.

Will Jade and Riley find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hmmm. I believe there are different ways to relate and that we're doing it constantly, even if it's subconcious. It's always a joy when we come across a person who shares the trait with us that we felt made us different. One time I felt connected with others was when I joined The Sweetest Romance authors.

I also had a professor in college that I connected with. He too was a writer, actually an award winning poet. We corresponded until he died about ten years ago.

But, I try to find something to relate to in everyone. For years I interviewed people to write articles about them and was amazed at the common threads we share. Even though our walks in life are different, human nature is the same.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:27 AM
Oh E. A.,
That sounds like such a good story and suspenseful too. My TBR list is growing, hearing about the great books you and Heather have out.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Heather,
It sounds like you're the perfect person to write a book on crocheting and with your other skills you could include some interesting stories about you and your mom and other related stories.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM
I think you're right about everyone trying to relate to others. It's a part of human nature to want to fit in and belong, and finding others who share a common interest is one way of doing that.

I know what you mean about The Sweetest Romance authors. Finding that group was so refreshing, almost like coming home after a hard day, since we all love to read and write sweet romance.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Oh E. A.,
That sounds like such a good story and suspenseful too. My TBR list is growing, hearing about the great books you and Heather have out.
Thanks! My TBR list grows so often I'm not sure I'll ever reach the end of it.Laugh it Up fuzball

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:35 AM
Heather and E. A.,
Do you have excerpts from Rebound and Riley's Mission?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks! My TBR list grows so often I'm not sure I'll ever reach the end of it.Laugh it Up fuzball
I know. I just had some free time to read, when I was on vacation in Destin. But, I have lots on my list too. It's good though. It gives us something to look forward to.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Heather and E. A.,
Do you have excerpts from Rebound and Riley's Mission?
Don't all authors have an excerpt stashed close at hand? LOL

Here's an excerpt from Riley's Mission:

Raised voices caught her attention and she opened her eyes. One of the voices spoke English, but the other shouted in Arabic. Jade’s heart raced and she trembled at the sound of the Arabic voice.

It couldn’t be him. She’d left him in a Syrian prison.

She climbed out of bed and went to the door. No matter how horrible she felt, she had to know if it was him. She followed the sound of the quieting voices and peered around the corner. In a glass-walled room lay Aziz Khadoul. He was having a heated discussion with a brown-haired man wearing an outfit identical to Gibson’s. The soldier looked almost like...

It couldn’t be. She hadn’t seen him since Kuwait. Jade backed away and leaned against the wall, fighting terror at the sight of the man responsible for her evacuation to the United States in the company of a man she knew well.

She made her way to an empty wheelchair parked a few feet away and dropped into the seat. Lowering her head to her hands, she tried to figure out how Khadoul had ended up in Grant County General Hospital. How had he even made it into the United States?

No matter how he’d gotten here, he couldn’t see her. He’d attempted to kill her before, and she had no doubt he’d try again, no matter how sick he was. Moisture stung her eyes. She’d fought so long and hard to stop him from killing anyone.

“Ma’am, are you all right?”

Jade lifted her head and found Gibson watching her. Before she could respond, she noticed the brown-haired man with him, the same man who had spoken with Khadoul.

She hadn’t been wrong.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:51 AM
I know. I just had some free time to read, when I was on vacation in Destin. But, I have lots on my list too. It's good though. It gives us something to look forward to.
I think I'm going to have to make free time to read. Life tends to stay so busy, the TBR list gets put on hold. Maybe this weekend would be a good time to start working my way through the books waiting for my attention.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm going to pop out to get some lunch and do a little work, but I'll be back later on this afternoon. I've had fun chatting with you, Gail!

Gail Pallotta
Where do you write, E. A.?

heather justesen
Good luck E.A. It's strange how it never gets less nerve-wracking, even if you have published a couple of books. I'm pushing myself to get it submitted by the end of next week. We'll see if it's ready by then!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 11:56 AM
Great, E. A.
Lunch sounds good. I'll look forward to chatting with you again this afternoon.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
A great excerpt, E. A.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM
How about an excerpt of Rebound, Heather?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Good luck E.A. It's strange how it never gets less nerve-wracking, even if you have published a couple of books. I'm pushing myself to get it submitted by the end of next week. We'll see if it's ready by then!
Good luck with your submission.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
I'm switching computers. I don't think it will show me as logged out, but if it does I'm not. I'm just moving.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
Here's a fun fact about Destin. It's known as the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village. It dates back to the seventh Century A.D., when American Indians lived there. It's named for Leonard Destin, who moved from New London, Ct., about 1845. For years he and his descendents fished and naviaged the only channel passage to the Gulf of Mexico between Panama City and Pensacola, known as Destin's East Pass.
When I was there a couple weeks ago the fishing boats were out with spotters in their perches. They brought in some delicious cobia and red snapper. I ate fish from those waters almost every day that I was there. The Florida Fish and Wildlife service tested them every day. I hope Destin can remain the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village."

heather justesen
June 3rd, 2010, 12:42 PM
How about an excerpt of Rebound, Heather?

Okay! Here's one after Lily's baby was born and she'd talked to her husband.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHEATHE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:#00FF;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Lily couldn’t sleep that night. Instead, she lay in bed thinking of everything that was happening in her life and what she was going to do about it. Sometime after midnight she decided she could use a glass of milk and headed for the kitchen. The hall light reflected off a picture frame in John’s office as she walked past. Lily stopped when she realized the frame held an award he’d earned the previous year for ethics in real estate.
Angry, she picked up a small box from the floor and tossed several of his framed certificates into it. Every instinct inside her demanded his lies and pretenses be erased from her life. How dare he put on such a good front when he wasn’t what he pretended to be? How could he betray her like that—because it was a betrayal to her, as well as to everyone else whose identity he had stolen.
Mad, disgusted and overwhelmed, she carelessly threw pictures on the stack. Tears streamed down her face, but she only swiped at her cheek with the back of her hand a few times, otherwise ignoring them.
When Shelly showed up at the office door a few minutes later, Lily had nearly emptied the walls and desktop of his personal possessions—those inexpensive enough that no one would think she was stealing. She didn’t care if the load went to an incinerator—she didn’t want to look at it one more time as she passed the room.
“Um, are you okay?” Shelly’s tone was tentative; as though she were afraid Lily might start throwing some of those things at her.
Shoving a paperweight on top everything else with a satisfyingly loud crash of glass below, Lily turned to her sister. “I couldn’t sleep. It seemed like a [I]good idea.” The words came out fierce and Shelly lifted her eyebrows at the response. Though the box wasn’t large and it wasn’t full yet, Lily felt exhausted and flopped into the desk chair. She still ached from the birth. She ached all over, but the worst ache was in her heart. Everyone kept telling her everything would be okay; it would all work out in the end. Right now, however, all she saw was a big question mark blocking her way, and she didn’t know how to get past it.
After a long moment of silence, she sighed. “I’m going back to bed.” She picked up the box and set it in Shelly’s arms. “Put that in the garage would you? I’ll have to finish the rest later.”

You can read the first chapter on my website at HeatherJustesen.com

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 12:58 PM
A great excerpt, Heather. That's really emotional. I hope she's able to get over the guy who hurt her so much and find peace and someone else.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Here's information about how to win the painted tile. Go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question: Why does Cammie O'Shea, the main character in Love Turns the Tide feel heartbroken and alone? Email your answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com and put Painted Tile in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address, so I can get in touch with you. Later tonight I'll put the names of pieces of paper and ask my husband to draw one. I'll notify the winner on Friday. You may enter both contests. I'll post the rules for both of them several more times.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Where can people buy your book, Heather? Mine in available from www.awe-struck.net (http://www.awe-struck.net)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:34 PM
I'm going to get back on the other computer. I got on this laptop to get lunch, but it keeps logging me off.

DanielleThorne
June 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Gail. Happy June Jubilee Day at CTR. I'm so glad to see more about LOVE TURNS THE TIDE. And I didn't know all those things about Destin! I went there for my first salt water dive a few years ago--90ft down and a swarm of barracuda all around me. What a learning experience!

It's obvious you have a deep loyalty to the sea--nothing like the peace of a beach-side walk, huh?

heather justesen
June 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Where can people buy your book, Heather? Mine in available from www.awe-struck.net (http://www.awe-struck.net)

They're available online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, and CedarFort.com.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Danielle,
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm just switching computers. Back in a second.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Hi Gail. Happy June Jubilee Day at CTR. I'm so glad to see more about LOVE TURNS THE TIDE. And I didn't know all those things about Destin! I went there for my first salt water dive a few years ago--90ft down and a swarm of barracuda all around me. What a learning experience!

It's obvious you have a deep loyalty to the sea--nothing like the peace of a beach-side walk, huh?
I'm in awe. I'm glad the barracuda weren't hungry.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 01:58 PM
Here's another fun fact about Destin: So many people wonder where it got its sand. The sand originated 20,000 years ago during the Ice Age, when temperatures warmed the ice caps and they started melting. Quartz particles from the Appalachian Mountains were swept into the water and carried by the Apalachicola River to the Gulf of Mixico, one hundred twenty-five miles east of the area that became Destin. As the sea level rose the quartz sands formed a new shoreline. I sure hope it stay white and powdery.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
That's good. It's available at lots of places.

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi Gail! You've been busy! I've enjoyed reading both E.A.'s and Heather's excerpts too. :)

Yes, I hope Destin and the other beaches stay safe. :(

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Talking about hunkering down and getting some serious reading done, boy, I'm pretty much backlogged. So I haven't even attempted to write today. Just opened up "The Privateer" and dug in.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
It seems some people have gone to lunch, so it's a good time to post the opening of Love Turns the Tide:
Twenty-six-year-old Cammie O'Shea's hand trembled as she took hold of the gold doorknob to Vic Deleona's real estate office in Destin, Florida. Opening it, she waited for what seemed like an eternity while a muscular man with broad shoulders stood at a file cabniet with his back to her. Finally, she gave the door a little push, so it banged, but not too loud. He jumped with a start, turned around, and glared at her with angry green eyes. Had hearing someone enter offended him? Surely not, he must have seen something in a file that upset him. "Hi, Miss uh..."

Before he finished speaking the phone rang. He picked it up with his large hand, gripping the receiver tightly with long fingers with dark hairs on the knuckles. "What do you mean he can't come to do the inspection?" Wrinkles creased his brow as he slammed the receiver back into the black cradle on the mahogany desk. "We'll see about that," he mumbled to himself. Stuffing some papers in his briefcase,he picked it up and came around the desk like he'd been shot out of a cannon. Charging toward the door, he stopped just short of bumping into Cammie. "Miss uh..."
"O'Shea, Cammie O'Shea."
I'm sorry. I have to deal with a situation." He said the word "situation" in a loud tone. "We'll have to re-schedule. See my secretary, Marge Galloway, for another appointment." He glanced at his Rolex. "She should be in by now," he said. Then, he rushed past Cammie, the door slamming behind him.
Tears puddled in her eyes. She turned to walk out, but before she did a woman with medium-length, strawberry blonde hair entered. "Hello, Miss O'Shea, I'm Marge. I'm sorry Mr. Deleona had to leave. I hope it won't be an inconvenience."
An inconvenience! She had gotten up at six this morning to dress nicely and make sure she arrived at this important engagement on time. However, she said, "I'm sure it isn't your fault, but I do need to talk with him. I arrived in Destin this past week-end to begin working this morning at The Sun Dial, the new newspaper. I haven't even met my boss yet. This time last week I was writing features for The Loop, another paper owned by The Dexter Group in Cedar Forks, Georgia.

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Celebrate my success at Amazon! For all this time I haven't been able to write reviews there. Finally, this past Sunday (because it wouldn't allow me until I made a purchase), I bought one item. Then I went in to write a review, and it said I needed to wait 48 hours.

Can you believe that? So I did. 48 hours came and went, I went in to write a review. Same thing!!!

I finally did manage to contact Customer Service (which in itself is not an easy thing!), and they wrote and said I needed to wait 48 after the item SHIPPED. But see, their instructions say after being PURCHASED.

So, okay. I waited more. Finally, this morning, I could write reviews!!!!!:pinkjump:

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hi Miss Mae,
It's great to see you again.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Yea! It sounds like it's about time. What book did you review?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
Talking about hunkering down and getting some serious reading done, boy, I'm pretty much backlogged. So I haven't even attempted to write today. Just opened up "The Privateer" and dug in.
Danielle, the author of Privateer, was just here. You just missed her. A book you can't put down, huh?

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
I reviewed E.A.'s Kindle of "Dreams Do Come True" and "Star Quest" by Hywela Lyn. I'll get to others a bit later. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Gail! You've been busy! I've enjoyed reading both E.A.'s and Heather's excerpts too. :)

Yes, I hope Destin and the other beaches stay safe. :(
I enjoyed the excerpts too, Miss Mae. Did you bring one of yours to post this afternoon? I hope so.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:25 PM
You have been busy!

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Danielle's book is great. Captain Bertrand is a mystery right now, I haven't figured him out. But, unfortunately, I read the demise of Caesar! smilies/bawling.gif

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
How to enter the contest for the painted tile: Go to my Web site,
http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question. Why does Cammie O'Shea, the main character in Love Turns the Tide, feel heartbroken and alone. Email your answer to me at pallotta@mindspring.com and put Painted Tile in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address, so I can notify you. Tonight I'll put the name on pieces of paper and have my husband pick one. I'll notify the winner on Friday. Feel free to enter both contests. I'll post information about them again later today.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Danielle's book is great. Captain Bertrand is a mystery right now, I haven't figured him out. But, unfortunately, I read the demise of Caesar! smilies/bawling.gif
I read Turtle Soup by Danielle and loved it.

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hee hee, need to share about something else. About 3 months ago, my Dell pc konked out on my last nerve. I bought a new one, which comes with Windows 7 (and I've decided I don't care for that, at all!)

But I still used the old CRT monitor as there was nothing wrong with it and it was as good as the day I received it. Still, after all this time at gazing at my new flat, LCD monitor still in its cardboard packaging, I decided yesterday to plug it up.

Wow!:jawdrop: The picture is so much sharper and vivid!! Plus, I have more desktop space! Goody!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Did you bring the lemonade, Miss Mae? Have you been sitting on the porch with a fan and a glass of it?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hee hee, need to share about something else. About 3 months ago, my Dell pc konked out on my last nerve. I bought a new one, which comes with Windows 7 (and I've decided I don't care for that, at all!)

But I still used the old CRT monitor as there was nothing wrong with it and it was as good as the day I received it. Still, after all this time at gazing at my new flat, LCD monitor still in its cardboard packaging, I decided yesterday to plug it up.

Wow!:jawdrop: The picture is so much sharper and vivid!! Plus, I have more desktop space! Goody!
I know what you mean, those new computers take some getting used to, but once you get familiar with one, it's hard to change. I switched to my husband' laptop, so I could get lunch. And, it kept logging me off. I was glad to get back to my computer. It can be ornery, but at least I know what to expect most of the time.

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Did you bring the lemonade, Miss Mae? Have you been sitting on the porch with a fan and a glass of it?

Actually, earlier today, I chugged back a glass of limeade...sssh, keeping that fermented lemonade for after dinner! lol

Miss Mae
June 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm off for now, Gail. Hubby is outside and I better see what he's up to. Enjoy your Jubilee! :clap:

Laurean
June 3rd, 2010, 02:42 PM
Good for you, Miss Mae. I also am NOT happy with Windows 7. Why can't they just leave well enough alone? When you got something good, why fix it?

Laurean
June 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Gail, I wanted to drop in and congratulate you on your "Jubilee." You are an awesome author. Keep those inspys coming. I wish you tons of publicity. If Miss Mae will bring in some lemonade, they will come. "Soak them and they will come." LOL

Got to get back to book signing prep. More booklets to fold and string.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Are you using your new computer to come with more suspicious characters? If you have more desk space, you can even more of them, lol

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks so much, Miss Mae. See you soon!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks so much, Laurean,
Good luck with you book signing!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Actually, earlier today, I chugged back a glass of limeade...sssh, keeping that fermented lemonade for after dinner! lol
Yum, yum, limeaide is one of my favorites, lime anything. I had a piece of key lime cake in Destin. I tried to get the recipe for it, but they said it's a secret. I'm going to get in my kitchen one day and figure it out though.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Gail, I wanted to drop in and congratulate you on your "Jubilee." You are an awesome author. Keep those inspys coming. I wish you tons of publicity. If Miss Mae will bring in some lemonade, they will come. "Soak them and they will come." LOL

Got to get back to book signing prep. More booklets to fold and string.
Which book are you signing? Give us a little blurb.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I've had good feedback on Love Turns the Tide. Here are some comments: "A Good Mix: Mystery, love, conflicted feelings about God/ relationships, romance, and wise words from Scripture make Love Turns the Tide a good and helpful read. by: Carolyn

"Inspiring: Love Turns the Tide offers a distinct ray of hope to those recovering from a failed relationship. Cammie's evolution towards steadfast faith despite immense confusion and skepticism makes her a realistic protagonist that becomes a struggling friend in lieu of a character in a romance novel. While Pallotta's work allows readers to recognize and identify with past pain and vulnerability, she emphasizes the beauty of God's unfailing grace during life's trials and tribulations. Love Turns the Tide is a subtle but powerful reminder to us all: Don't give up!" by: Elizabeth

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Are you a beach person, Charmed Girl?

Yes I am Gail. I live about 5 minutes from the beach and enjoy going there during Summer when it is so hot here in Australia.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Charmed Girl,
You're fortunate to live near the beach. I don't, but I go as often as I can.
While you're here check out the information on the contests. I've posted it a couple times and will post it again before the day's done.

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
I've just entered the contest on who launches their own investigation. Is there any others?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Charmed Girl,
You're fortunate to live near the beach. I don't, but I go as often as I can.
While you're here check out the information on the contests. I've posted it a couple times and will post it again before the day's done.
Australia is such an interesting place. Did you grow up there? or move there?

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Australia is such an interesting place. Did you grow up there? or move there?

I've always lived here. I grew up in Brisbane but now I live on the Sunshine Coast. About an hour from Noosa.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
I've just entered the contest on who launches their own investigation. Is there any others?
Yes, I'll post it again now. You can enter both. To win the painted tile go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question: Why does Cammie O'Shea, the main character in Love Turns the Tide, feel heartbroken and alone? Email the answer to me at pallotta@gailpallotta.com. Put the Painted Tile in the subject line, and be sure to leave your email address, so I can notify you. Tonight I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one. I'll notify the winner on Friday. I'll post information about both contests at least once more before the day's done.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 03:38 PM
I've always lived here. I grew up in Brisbane but now I live on the Sunshine Coast. About an hour from Noosa.
I have a close friend who wanted to go to Australia her entire life. She finally went a couple years ago and loved it. What do you like to do there in your spare time, other than go to the beach?

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have a close friend who wanted to go to Australia her entire life. She finally went a couple years ago and loved it. What do you like to do there in your spare time, other than go to the beach?

Shop, read, go to the movies. I guess it depends on what sort of mood I'm in. LOL

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Another excerpt from Love Turns the Tide. Vic and Cammie have had their last business meeting, and Vic wants to take Cammie out on a date. She wants to say "no," but for a reason she can't explain she can't bring herself to hurt his feelings, so she suggests they feed bread to the ducks on the lake near her condo.

"Then they strolled toward the lake, making their way onto the weathered gray bridge underneath lanterns that spanned the entire structure beneath the soft light of the moon and stars.
Cammie opened up the food and called out, "Here, ducky, ducky, ducky" into the still, quiet night. She and Vic tore six slices of the duck's treats into small bites, throwing them over the rail without talking.
Immediately Cammie heard, "Quack, quack, honk, honk."
I believe there are Canadian geese out there," Vic said.
"Oh yes, you know how those snow birds like to come south. I think they got here, loved Destin as much as I do, and didn't want to go home." She couldn't believe her own words. Had she hidden her true feelings about Destin somewhere in her heart only to have them surface suddenly when she wasn't expecting it?
Vic took hold of her shoulder with both of his strong hands, gently turned her toward him. "Do you really like it, Cammie?" His eyes looked wistful, his face bathed in the fountain's pink, blue, and yellow colors.
"Yes, I'm enjoying living here much more than I thought I would." Cammie pulled free, tore up several more slices of bread, and tossed them over the gray weathered rail. "I had to move to Destin on such short notice. I'd never even visited here and had no time to find out anything about the place before I arrived." She almost told him she'd had to hurry down here to interview him, but she thought better of that. "Needless to say, I begrudged the change at first, but not now."
"I hope I'm part of the reason you like it here."
Cammie stumbled for the right words. "Uh yes, I'm sure you are."
"What kind of statement is that? Am I, or am I not, part of the reason you like Destin?" Small angry furrows creased Vic's handsome high brow.
Cammie stopped tearing up the bread slice she held in her right hand. "Do you want an honest answer?"
"Please."
"Sometimes you are, but other times you aren't."
"That's not much better. Would you mind giving me a 'yes' or a 'no?'"
"Yes, I mind. Listen to the quacking. The ducks are hungry."
"They're going to explode. You've fed them nearly a whole loaf of bread."

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Shop, read, go to the movies. I guess it depends on what sort of mood I'm in. LOL
Sounds like fun to me. My daughter and I are big bargain shoppers. We have lots of fun trying on clothes all day, and then, we end up getting, maybe one item. But that's okay, because we have to go shopping again to find something to go with it. lol. (Even though we try on lots, we hang them back up. I used to work in the women's department of a clothing store, so I'm conscientious about not leaving a mess.) Sometimes, we find tops or bottoms that don't suit us at all, and we get a good laugh out of it.
We like the movies too.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
What is one of your favorite Australian dishes?

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
What is one of your favorite Australian dishes?

I love getting together with my family and having a big BBQ. That's always so much fun.

BTW, I love the excerpt above. Feeding the ducks enough that they'll explode, that's funny.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
I want to make sure I post my comment from Elizabeth Sherrill. She's co-author of God's Smuggler and The Cross and the Switchblade. She's also been an editor and writer for "Guideposts" for over fifty years. I highly recommend her latest book, All the Way to Heaven, which tells her story. About Love Turns the Tide she says,
"I do thank you for letting me read this story. I especially like the fact that though there's considerable violence, with a man who abuses women, and repeated acts of vandalism, the biblical teaching it presents is even more compelling."

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
I love getting together with my family and having a big BBQ. That's always so much fun.

BTW, I love the excerpt above. Feeding the ducks enough that they'll explode, that's funny.
I'm glad you like it. There are some ducks I enjoy watching when I go to Destin, and we probably feed them enough to make them explode. We like barbecue too.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
Do you see many Kaola bears and Platypuses. I'm not sure if I spelled that right. But the pictures I've seen of them are so cute.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Here's information about the gifts I'm giving away. One is a free download of my book, Love Turns the Tide. To win it go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question: Who launches his own investigation into the crimes that occur in Love Turns the Tide? Email the answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com and put Free Download in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address, so I can get in touch with you. Tonight I'll put the names on pieces of paper, and my husband will draw one. I'll notify the winner on Friday.
I'll do a second post explaining the second gift. You can enter both contests.

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Do you see many Kaola bears and Platypuses. I'm not sure if I spelled that right. But the pictures I've seen of them are so cute.

I don't live far from Australia Zoo so I can see Koala Bears and Platypuses anytime I go there. And I was just at one of our theme parks (Dreamworld) about a month ago and held a Koala bear there at their wildlife sanctuary section.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
The second gift I'm giving away is a four-inch, decorative, painted tile with a beach scene on it, and a two-way frame. To enter the contest to win it go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question. Why does Cammie O'Shea, the main character in Love Turns the Tide, feel heartbroken and alone? Email your answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com and put the Painted Tile in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address, so I can get in touch with you. I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one. I'll notify the winner on Friday.
You can enter both contests.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
I don't live far from Australia Zoo so I can see Koala Bears and Platypuses anytime I go there. And I was just at one of our theme parks (Dreamworld) about a month ago and held a Koala bear there at their wildlife sanctuary section.
It must have been great fun to hold a kaola bear. They are so cute.
Did you get to feed it Eucalyptus leaves? Are they friendly? They look like they'd be so soft. Are they?

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
It must have been great fun to hold a kaola bear. They are so cute.
Did you get to feed it Eucalyptus leaves? Are they friendly? They look like they'd be so soft. Are they?

Didn't get to feed the Koala any leaves. But they are friendly and very soft. Very cuddly as well.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Didn't get to feed the Koala any leaves. But they are friendly and very soft. Very cuddly as well.
Ahhh, what a treat for you. What else do they have at Dreamworld?

CharmedGirl
June 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Lots and lots of rides. A water park. Tigers. Imax Theatre. Wiggles World for the kids. It's lots of fun.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Here are a few more comments people have made about Love Turns the Tide.
"Outstanding Book: I love Christian romance and especially books that include scripture. Love Turns the Tide holds the reader's attention and serves as a faith building tool. The reader has no difficulty relating to the characters and visualizing the situations described in the book. The author is to be commended for a great read. by: Louise

"An Enjoyable Read: I have spent time in Destin which helped me identify with the characters and setting. It was an enjoyable book to read, especially in these times where the norm is that people only worry about themselves, and do not take time out to help others. It makes you want to go out and help someone. Good use of scripture in the book to help the reader identify with the characters. by: Mae

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
It sounds like it is lots of fun. We have water parks that are fun and theme parks too, like Disney World. I'm hearing thunder in the background here, so I'm going to have to log off soon. But, thanks so much for stopping by, Charmed Girl. It's great chatting with you. Have fun down under.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
"Thank you" to the staff at Coffee Time Romance for having me during June Jubilee. It's been great fun!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Hi Charmed Girl,
The thunder stopped, so I checked my email, and your answer didn't come through. If you get a chance email it again to pallotta@gailpallotta.com so I can put your name in the pot tonight, when my husband draws a winner. Be sure to leave your email address.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:07 PM
Okay, hubby's hungry. Happy June to all!

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Gail,
Hope I'm not too late for your party. :sofa: I meant to check in earlier but it was a mad house at work today. Man, am I ready for vacationBeggin' Smilie.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Gail,
Hope I'm not too late for your party. :sofa: I meant to check in earlier but it was a mad house at work today. Man, am I ready for vacationBeggin' Smilie.
Hi Anne,
No, you're not too late. I appreciate your stopping by, especially after a hard day at work. Be sure to read about my give aways.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Vacation, oh yeah. I just got back, and I'm ready to go again. I hope you have a wonderful time and get lots of rest.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like I am. So sorry I missed it, Gail. Hope you'll forgive me. And I hope you got tons of new readers. Your wonderful work deserves it!!!!!!

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Wow, it's been busy around here today! Guess I should try to catch up on posts...nah, I'll just jump in and pretend I know what's going on. LOL :)

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Oh cool. I'll be sure to read about your giveaways. Glad I caught you before you got away.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
Oh cool. I'll be sure to read about your giveaways. Glad I caught you before you got away.
Gail's leaving? Oops, guess I should have remembered to watch the clock so I could come back sooner.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah only one more day. Then it's off to the country for a week, followed by a road trip to Okahoma. WooHoo.

Vacation, oh yeah. I just got back, and I'm ready to go again. I hope you have a wonderful time and get lots of rest.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:22 PM
LOL. I meant Oklahoma.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hope you can relax with a good book tonight, Anne.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah only one more day. Then it's off to the country for a week, followed by a road trip to Okahoma. WooHoo.
A week in the country and a road trip...sounds fun!

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Good move, EA. I think I'll join you. Gail it looks like you've had tons of visitors. Which is only fitting:notworthy:. Congrats!

Wow, it's been busy around here today! Guess I should try to catch up on posts...nah, I'll just jump in and pretend I know what's going on. LOL :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Okahoma works for Oklahoma. I could figure that out. A road trip through the state sounds like fun, and it will be relaxing. You can see the sights as you go.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
Hi E. A.,
Yes, it's been lots of fun today!

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
Unlikely. That'll have to wait a day or two. I'm busy lining up a book signing with fifty other authors at a bookstore not far from where I live. Sounds like it'll be a blast.

Hope you can relax with a good book tonight, Anne.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, my niece and I do it every year. We'll be visiting family mostly. Can't wait.

Okahoma works for Oklahoma. I could figure that out. A road trip through the state sounds like fun, and it will be relaxing. You can see the sights as you go.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:29 PM
No, I'm not leaving as long as I can chat. I had to get off earlier, because of thunder in the background. But it didn't last long.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:30 PM
Unlikely. That'll have to wait a day or two. I'm busy lining up a book signing with fifty other authors at a bookstore not far from where I live. Sounds like it'll be a blast.
That's a huge book signing! I bet you'll have a great time.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Yes, Congratulations with all of your writing success. That will be lots of fun, and you'll meet lots of like-minded people.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
No, I'm not leaving as long as I can chat. I had to get off earlier, because of thunder in the background. But it didn't last long.
Thunder is part of the reason it took me so long to get back.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Be sure to read about the give aways, E. A. I've been posting them throughout the day, but I'm not sure if they were up, when you were here. I have two gifts, a download of Love Turns the Tide and a four-inch tile with a beach scene and a two-way frame.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Thank you, Gail. So what are these give aways you mentioned? I love giveaways!

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
Be sure to read about the give aways, E. A. I've been posting them throughout the day, but I'm not sure if they were up, when you were here. I have two gifts, a download of Love Turns the Tide and a four-inch tile with a beach scene and a two-way frame.
You mentioned them, but I'm not sure if you had posted the rules yet. I'll definitely look for the info. Those sound like nice gifts. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Thunder is part of the reason it took me so long to get back.
My other computer was struck by lightning twice. The firs time a computer guru came to the house and patched it back together and salvaged most of my files. The second time, there was no putting it back together. I have the back-up thing for my files, but I sure don't want to repeat that again with this computer. I thought it was unbelievable. We had a surge protector on both times.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Ouch! I thought surge protectors were supposed to help in lightening strikes.

My other computer was struck by lightning twice. The firs time a computer guru came to the house and patched it back together and salvaged most of my files. The second time, there was no putting it back together. I have the back-up thing for my files, but I sure don't want to repeat that again with this computer. I thought it was unbelievable. We had a surge protector on both times.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
I'm going to post the information again for both of them. For the download of Love Turns the Tide go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question. Who launches an investigation into the crimes committed in Love Turns the Tide? Email the answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com and put Free download in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address. I'll put the names on pieces of paper and have my husband draw one. I'll notify the winner tomorrow. You can enter both contest. Info on the other one coming right up!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I did too. People were teasing me, saying some evil spirit didn't like my Christian book.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Here's the information for the painted tile. Go to my Web site, http://www.gailpallotta.com and answer this question. "Why does Cammie O'Shea feel heartbroken and alone?" Email the answer to pallotta@gailpallotta.com and put the Painted Tile in the subject line. Be sure to leave your email address, so I can get in touch. Same as the other, I'll put names of pieces of paper and my husband will draw one. I'll notify the winner on Friday.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
I can sympathize. I've had two CD-ROM drives, a motherboard, and a sound card all get fried by lightning. It was three different computers, but it was still a pain getting the parts replaced. After the motherboard incident, I learned to cut off all power to my computer when there's thunder.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:46 PM
Did you like the book by Iris Johansen? I used to go to a local restaurant, which is now out of business, sadly. One of the waitresses there knew her.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
I can sympathize. I've had two CD-ROM drives, a motherboard, and a sound card all get fried by lightning. It was three different computers, but it was still a pain getting the parts replaced. After the motherboard incident, I learned to cut off all power to my computer when there's thunder.
That's exactly what the computer guru told us to do after he came back a second time. We unplug it completely, when there's a storm. It's interesting to know it happened to someone else too. But, that's what it did, fried it.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
That's the theory. But unless your surge protector is rated for lightning protection (most of them aren't) it's not likely to do any good. Of course, I've heard of at least one person who had one that was supposed to protect against lightning, but his computer fried anyway.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
:giggle: Could be. Never know.:scardey:

I did too. People were teasing me, saying some evil spirit didn't like my Christian book.

S.K.Williams
June 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hi Gail! We've had a modem and a router fried by lightening. Two different occasions.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for reposting the info on your giveaways! Makes it much easier to find than going through many pages of posts. smilies/biggrinbandi

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
It sounds like a lot of people have had problems with lightning and computers. Technology and storms definitely don't mix.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Yes, I love her work. I think I've read almost all of her books. I like her almost as much as Dee Henderson. Iris's books aren't Christian Fiction though and Dee's are.

Did you like the book by Iris Johansen? I used to go to a local restaurant, which is now out of business, sadly. One of the waitresses there knew her.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Gail! We've had a modem and a router fried by lightening. Two different occasions.
Hi S.K.,
Thanks for sharing. I'm feeling better about the two strikes.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
It sounds like a lot of people have had problems with lightning and computers. Technology and storms definitely don't mix.
Right, now we all know to unplug the doggone things.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Yes, I love her work. I think I've read almost all of her books. I like her almost as much as Dee Henderson. Iris's books aren't Christian Fiction though and Dee's are.
That's good to know. The waitress said she is a nice lady. I'll have to add she and Dee to my TBR list, but we were saying today that our lists are so long. It takes time to get to them all.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Since my laptop is usually in my lap, I just reach down and unplug it when I hear thunder.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for reposting the info on your giveaways! Makes it much easier to find than going through many pages of posts. smilies/biggrinbandi
You're very welcome. I hope lots of people enter.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 06:59 PM
Since my laptop is usually in my lap, I just reach down and unplug it when I hear thunder.
That's a definite advantage to a laptop. My husband uses one, and I use it sometimes, but it doesn't like me as well as it does him. I always seem to have trouble with it.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
That's one of the things I miss about having a laptop. The battery power will let you finish whatever you were working on when the storm arrived.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Maybe we should post blurbs about our books for those who weren't here earlier.

Anne Patrick
June 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM
How long does your Jubilee last, Gail? I need to get me a bite to eat :eat:. Incase you're gone when I get back, I wish you the best of luck with your book sales, and all your writing endeavors.

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Here's one for Love Turns the Tide, but you all jump in and write one too. I've already put it up once earlier today.
Love Turns the Tide tells the story of Cammie O'Shea who faces a traumatic split-up with her fiance and has to leave her family and friends to take a new job in Destin, Florida. Heartbroken and alone in a place where she knows no one, she needs God now more than ever. But for some reason she can't explain she feels more estranged from him. A feature writer, she dreads meeting her new boss, the editor of The Sun Dial newspaper. However, her real source of angst turns out to be Vic Deleona, the influential real estate tycoon she must write about to generate interest in the paper. While she refuses to open herself to another painful relationship he attempts to court her. Even though she sees him as pompous she goes out of her way to maintain a good business association. Trying to get over her heartache, she continues to read her Bible and say her prayers. One day she reads Romans 8:28, "And, we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..." Afterward she ponders how living in Destin possibly could be good for her. Then, break-ins occur at her friend's condo and her unit, making her doubt the wisdom of living in Destin even more. However, Vic comes to their rescue. Finally, Cammie gets an offer to return home to her old job. Will she leave Destin or will Vic win her heart?

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 07:16 PM
How long does your Jubilee last, Gail? I need to get me a bite to eat :eat:. Incase you're gone when I get back, I wish you the best of luck with your book sales, and all your writing endeavors.
Hi Anne,
Thanks so much. I wish you the same. My husband's been pacing around the kitchen, so I think I need to go do something about dinner too.

EAWest
June 3rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
Dinner sounds like a good idea, so I think I'll head out too. It's been fun, Gail. Thanks for a great day of chatting!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 07:18 PM
I think I better find my hubby, and do something about our dinner! I appreciate everyone stopping by sooo much. Happy Evening to all!

Gail Pallotta
June 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
Dinner sounds like a good idea, so I think I'll head out too. It's been fun, Gail. Thanks for a great day of chatting!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I loved chatting with you.

Linda Yezak
June 3rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
I think I got here just in time for supper, but I still have time to say congrats on your book! So happy for you!

Gail Pallotta
June 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Linda,
Thanks so much for stopping by!

MSEReads
June 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry to have missed joining in yesterday Gail!
I still wanted to express my good wishes to you.

Gail Pallotta
June 5th, 2010, 08:16 PM
:biggrin:Hi Martha,
It's great that you stopped by, and I appreciate the good wishes.
Have a Happy Week-end.

CharmedGirl
June 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Read Love Turns the Tide already Gail. It's great. I especially loved the ending.

Gail Pallotta
June 6th, 2010, 02:56 PM
:welcome2:Hi Charmed Girl,
I'm so glad you liked Love Turns the Tide. Thanks for stopping by to tell me.