PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha reading?

ruttanamy
June 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
What are you reading now?

I just finished reading Edge of the Storm by Jennifer McKenzie.

I just started reading Michelle Willingham's The Warrior's Forbidden Virgin.

All of these books are on my Sony EReader. My DH bought it for me for my past birthday, and I LOVE it. I've been ripping through my TBR pile very quickly. It's great and I can read it any where.

So, what are you reading?

Christy M
June 5th, 2010, 10:39 AM
i normally read a book every 2 or 3 days. i am reading Monica Burn's Assassin's Honor at the moment and have Dangerous highlander by donna grant and The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter as the next 2 TBR. can you tell i like paranormal romance?

Kimberly
June 5th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I'm reading Hannah Howell's Highland Angel. My TBR pile is out of control with all of my favorite authors putting out books within the last few months.

ruttanamy
June 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
i normally read a book every 2 or 3 days. i am reading Monica Burn's Assassin's Honor at the moment and have Dangerous highlander by donna grant and The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter as the next 2 TBR. can you tell i like paranormal romance?

LOL! No I couldn't tell Christy! Laugh it Up fuzball

But I will have to check those out for sure.

ruttanamy
June 6th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'm reading Hannah Howell's Highland Angel. My TBR pile is out of control with all of my favorite authors putting out books within the last few months.

My TBR pile has been out of control for the last little while. I'm starting to cull the pile since I got my e-reader.

I'll have to check out Highland Angel, I love anything to do with the Scots. I even married one, but he won't wear his kilt for me. *sigh*

CharmedGirl
June 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm reading My Soul To Keep from Rachel Vincent at the moment.

But recently, I've finished Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton, Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris and Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur which were all really good.

ruttanamy
June 6th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm reading My Soul To Keep from Rachel Vincent at the moment.

But recently, I've finished Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton, Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris and Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur which were all really good.

I actually have a Laurell K Hamilton in my TBR, one that I got a convention some where or the other. I'll have to bump it up.

Great suggestions. Twirling

CharmedGirl
June 6th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I've changed books now. I'm reading Strange Angels by Lilith St Crow.

ruttanamy
June 9th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I've changed books now. I'm reading Strange Angels by Lilith St Crow.

Holy moly that was fast Bec.

Diana Castilleja
June 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I just finished Chasing Stanley by Diedre Martin over the weekend. I read about one print to ten ebooks anymore. My ebook TBR is nearly as large as my print one!

hollie
June 9th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I'm reading Dark beginnings by Gena Showalter

i'm having a problem with my reader ~ everytime i put it down my hubby pinches it, then sulks when i want to read the my ebooks so i'm back to looking for a new one

Diana Castilleja
June 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
At least he reads. Mine reads about one book every three years, and I usually have to buy it for him. LOL

crspicy
June 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Working my way through Kay Hooper's Bishop series, currently reading Whisper of Evil. Just finished Bullet by LKH - absolutely fantastic! I had to borrow it from my sister, as mine was preordered so it hasn't arrived yet.
Husband totally not interested in reading. He's much more interested in the physical, LOL

CharmedGirl
June 9th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I've just finished the four new ebooks I bought on Tuesday. They were all really good. But now I'm finishing off the paperback I was reading. I should finish it today and then I'll start on the next one in the series.

Also, I need to get backt to finishing The Girl Who Played with Fire. I'm about 100pages into it, and just can't seem to stay interested.

ruttanamy
June 10th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I just finished Chasing Stanley by Diedre Martin over the weekend. I read about one print to ten ebooks anymore. My ebook TBR is nearly as large as my print one!

So is mine Diana. :)

ruttanamy
June 10th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I'm reading Dark beginnings by Gena Showalter

i'm having a problem with my reader ~ everytime i put it down my hubby pinches it, then sulks when i want to read the my ebooks so i'm back to looking for a new one

If my DH would read more I would so get him a Kobo because he loves gizmos and gadgets, but I can rarely get him to read.

ruttanamy
June 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Working my way through Kay Hooper's Bishop series, currently reading Whisper of Evil. Just finished Bullet by LKH - absolutely fantastic! I had to borrow it from my sister, as mine was preordered so it hasn't arrived yet.
Husband totally not interested in reading. He's much more interested in the physical, LOL

LOL! That's the same as my DH. The physical aspect.:p

ruttanamy
June 10th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I've just finished the four new ebooks I bought on Tuesday. They were all really good. But now I'm finishing off the paperback I was reading. I should finish it today and then I'll start on the next one in the series.

Also, I need to get backt to finishing The Girl Who Played with Fire. I'm about 100pages into it, and just can't seem to stay interested.

I've read a few books like that. Books everyone was raving about but they didn't keep me interested. Of course I find books I adore (especially when judging the RITAs) and they aren't popular at all. I must be weird.

crspicy
June 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM
I can certainly understand how that would provide a good deal of... umm... research,LOL

crspicy
June 18th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Not weird at all, as I'm the same way. There are several authors that I like that nobody else seems to enjoy (or very few), and there are also some that I've tried to read, that I just couldn't get involved in the story. I've also found that reviews for books are not something that I can base a purchase on. I may check out the reviews, but that reviewer may enjoy reading something totally different than what I like (something I've learned through bitter experience), and they are just one person of many.

ruttanamy
June 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Not weird at all, as I'm the same way. There are several authors that I like that nobody else seems to enjoy (or very few), and there are also some that I've tried to read, that I just couldn't get involved in the story. I've also found that reviews for books are not something that I can base a purchase on. I may check out the reviews, but that reviewer may enjoy reading something totally different than what I like (something I've learned through bitter experience), and they are just one person of many.

Very true! I do reviews, and one book I just thought was mediocre everyone else had given 5 stars too. Reading is very subjective.

MariaD.
June 19th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Right now I'm reading Phantom's Pleasure by Brynn Paulin in eBook format on my Libre eReader. In print I'm reading Blood Sins by Kay Hooper and also Broken by Shiloh Walker. I usually only read one book at a time but somehow I found myself reading all 3 of these today :flowers:

MariaD.
June 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM

I want to read this book...it's on my wishlist and I think that I will probably get it for my birthday later this month :)

MariaD.
June 19th, 2010, 02:31 PM

I find that I base most of my book purchases on the cover and the book blurb on the back of the book, I will look at reviews for the book if they are out there but have seldom based a book purchase on that. If the author is completely new to me, I might even see if the local library has one of her books to check out her writting style. I do think that you are right though, we wll have different things that we like to read and different writting styles, for instance, I can reach both 1st and 3rd person books and I'm fine with them but I have friends who absolutely hate 1st person books and won't touch them. :swinging:

MariaD.
June 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM

I loved Bullet by LKH- have already read it twice. I'm also reading something by Kay Hooper, love this Bishop series.:rockon:

brandyzbooks
June 19th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I am reading the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter..... and after that it depends on my mood..
:swinging:

tuscaroralady
June 19th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Im reading Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands. Her books are a hoot. She does have a way of writing. Some of her books are so comical that you will bust out laughing in the middle of reading them. I have read her first two in this series. A quick bite and love bites and now I'm on SWV. If you want a laugh read about the Argeneau's. Teresa

Lisa Marie Wilkinson
June 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM
My two most recent reads were Open Country by Kaki Warner and Delicious and Suspicious by Riley Adams. Both were ARCs because I'm reviewing them for Romance Novel News. Very different books, but each enjoyable in its own way!

ruttanamy
June 20th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Right now I'm reading Phantom's Pleasure by Brynn Paulin in eBook format on my Libre eReader. In print I'm reading Blood Sins by Kay Hooper and also Broken by Shiloh Walker. I usually only read one book at a time but somehow I found myself reading all 3 of these today :flowers:

Ooh Broken is on my list. Shiloh is a buddy of mine. She inspired a comedic gorilla scene in a book I just subbed. We plan on wearing coordinating gorilla shirts if we ever go to the same conference together. LOL!

ruttanamy
June 20th, 2010, 09:28 AM
My two most recent reads were Open Country by Kaki Warner and Delicious and Suspicious by Riley Adams. Both were ARCs because I'm reviewing them for Romance Novel News. Very different books, but each enjoyable in its own way!

Very cool. I really like ARCs. I got an ARC for Eve Silver's Demon's Kiss, which she gave me to review and help her promote. It was very good.

ruttanamy
June 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Im reading Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands. Her books are a hoot. She does have a way of writing. Some of her books are so comical that you will bust out laughing in the middle of reading them. I have read her first two in this series. A quick bite and love bites and now I'm on SWV. If you want a laugh read about the Argeneau's. Teresa

I'll have to try Lynsay Sands. I do love a good laugh. Katie MacAlister makes me LOL and also in the weirdest locations. Last time I was reading it when I was waiting for my OB appointment, the scene caught me off guard and I burst out laughing in the exam room. Whoops.

ruttanamy
June 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Is growing thanks to you guys.

You put me to shame with your mad reading skillz. :punk: