PDA

View Full Version : June Jubilee - Author Special

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 07:46 AM
:ghost2: Ghost Hunting :ghost2:

Hi folks,

Finally, the long awaited secret is out. Yes, you guessed it...I hunt ghosts.

I know, I know, the above thread has Paranormal Investigation as a title, but I like to be different and original.

So I started my own thread.

So in the spirit (no pun intended) of June Jubilee, I am posting all about my fav hobbie.

My fascination with spirits started long before the popular T.V shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal Activity, Ghost Whisperer, etc.<O:p
I used to have spirits visit me as a child. At the time, it freaked me out. When I told my parents, they wouldn't believe me and my siblings just thought I was lying.

For most of my youth, I did not sleep at night because that was when the spirits came to talk to me.<O:p</O:p
Instead, I would either sneak into my parent's room until my father woke up and yelled at me or I would run to my sister's room where I was only allowed to sit on the floor near her bed. There I would sit all night watching the doorway as shadows of men and women passed by, looking in on me.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Once the sun rose, I felt safe to return to my bed and grab a couple of hours sleep before I was roused for school. Over time, I blocked out the spirits and learned to breathe under my covers until I fell asleep.<O:p</O:p
Soon I could no longer see spirits, although, I could sense them.<O:p</O:p
That sensitivity stayed with me all my life. I have many terrifying stories as well as lovely stories about ghosts.<O:p</O:p

Today, I will post pictures of ghosts that I got from my investigations, along with some of those stories.<O:p</O:p

I invite all to share their paranormal stories in my author forum. I am sure everyone has at least one. If you have any photos, please feel free to post them too. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon6.gif<O:p</O:p

I will also post sneak previews of my fantasy romance, Daughters of Odin - July 2010 release.<O:p</O:p
<O:p
Everyone who posts will go into the running to win eBooks of the award winning Celtic series, along with an advanced copy of Daughters of Odin.<O:p</O:p

So check back later for updated photos and stories. I hope you all have a ghoulish day.

Haunts and kisses
Lyn

hollie
June 4th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Living near York ghosts are part of life i have plans to do the full tourist bit over this summer and visit all the historical sites

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Living near York ghosts are part of life i have plans to do the full tourist bit over this summer and visit all the historical sites

Oh, very cool, Hollie. Take your camera and see if you catch any Yorkish ghosts. LOL.

hollie
June 4th, 2010, 08:11 AM
It is a few years since i last did the ghost walks in York but i remember one story about a little girl that sits in a window of what is now a shop her family had the plague and they were locked into the house but for some reason she never caught it and just sat in the window looking out at the world.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Oh how sad. I can just imagine the little girl and how lonely she must have felt.

You know I love everything historical, especially the history of the U.K.
Which is why I built my Celtic series around witches in Scotland. For those who haven't read The Last Celtic Witch, here is the blurb for it. Warning: The Celtic series is historical erotic romance...so keep a fan closeby when reading. LOL.

<O:phttp://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa139/sweetvixen72/Coverwithhighresolution.jpg

The Last Celtic Witch<O:p

By Lyn Armstrong

A painful death … A prophecy foretold

Pursued by evil forces for her powers, recluse Adela MacAye foresees her own agonizing death. She must seek the chosen one to produce an heir and pass on her Celtic powers. To fail would be the end of good magick, plunging the world into darkness. Conjuring a fertility spell she is led to a sensual chieftain who is betrothed to the sorceress that hunts her. Time is running out as fate and the future pursue her.

Plagued by enemies and undermined by sabotage, handsome Laird Phillip Roberts must save his clan from a bloody feud with an alliance through marriage … a marriage he does not want. After a night of white-hot sensual delights with the alluring witch, his heart commands he break the pledge of peace. With treachery around every corner, will he be too late to save …

The Last Celtic Witch?

105-401-1

Available on eBook at Resplendence Publishing (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=02-201-105-401-1)

Or in print at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Last-Celtic-Witch-Lyn-Armstrong/dp/0979572118/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195163466)

For more information visit me at: www.LynArmstrong.com (http://www.lynarmstrong.com/)

Look for these Celtic series titles:

The Last Celtic Witch

The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer

Heart of a Warlock

Lady of the Mountain

Witch Hunter

Kimberly
June 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I try to avoid the historical places, too much activity. I have enough issues on a day to day basis with the spirits. Cemeteries are extremely tough, but I promised my grandmother I would put flowers on her grave so I can't avoid that.
I am an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters. Of course, GHI starts in July, and that, too, is a much watch show in our house. I get to see the historical places without having to experience the chaos myself.

Grammi7
June 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Oh I love ghost stories. We once lived in a house that had ghost. It had been said that someone had died in the house. I was washing dishes one day and I was alone in the house as my 3 girls were in school and my hubby was at work. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I just said hi and how are you today and kept washing my dishes. We never had a problem with the ghost, and the ghost never had a problem with us.

RobynBachar
June 4th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I've had a few ghost encounters, mostly in my parents' home. I'm going on a mini-vacation with my mom in two weeks and we're going to take a ghost tour of Springfield. I'm not sure what sort of ghosts haunt Springfield, but I'm guessing farmers and possibly President Lincoln. ;) One day I want to go on one of the investigation events that TAPS hosts, I know they've done a few at the Stanley Hotel and that sounds very cool.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I try to avoid the historical places, too much activity. I have enough issues on a day to day basis with the spirits. Cemeteries are extremely tough, but I promised my grandmother I would put flowers on her grave so I can't avoid that.
I am an avid watcher of Ghost Hunters. Of course, GHI starts in July, and that, too, is a much watch show in our house. I get to see the historical places without having to experience the chaos myself.

Hi Kimberly,

Are you "sensitive" to ghosts as well?

Lyn

Gwyn Lacy
June 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I have loved some of the classic love-ghost stories: The Ghost and Mrs. Muir 1947; and Ghost with Patrick Swyaze; and the time travel ghost story with Christopher Reeves??? Can't remember the title-blasted. Anyway, never liked the inevitable ending that the living must die to be with the beloved. Then there is P.S. I love you and then there is Reese Witherspoon in Just like Heaven (not really ghost stories in the truest sense), but that I adore all the same.
Lyn Armstrong the prolific writer of the sizzling and delectable.. and ghost hunter! It fits! You rock Lyn, Have to get back to work!

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Welcome Grammi and Robyn. :rolleyes:

Grammi, that's great you could communicate with the spirit without freaking out. LOL. I admire your acceptence. :notworthy: LOL.

I have become used to spirits coming to me at night and chatting up a storm. LOL. Most the times I am fine with it, I guess they like to contact me at night because I have less things on my mind and my energies are more open to hearing them. But it took me a while to accept it.

Robyn, there are paranormal investigative teams you can join that allow you to go on ghost hunts. Best of all, you don't have to buy all the expensive equipment. All you need is a good camera and comfy shoes. Google it, I'm sure you can find a team in your area.

yadkny
June 4th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I actually live in a really really old farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere. I haven't actually seen anything unusual here, but sometimes the hairs on the back of my neck will stand on end when you just know there is something more going on then what you can see. Of course the house comes fully stocked with all the normal haunted house sound effects and there is a story of someone who had actually passed away in the house. If there are any ghosts here then they aren't bad ones (from what I can tell).

Lyn ~ your books sound amazing. I am adding them to my TBR pile as we speak.

Yadira A.
yadkny@hotmail.com

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Lyn Armstrong the prolific writer of the sizzling and delectable.. and ghost hunter! It fits! You rock Lyn, Have to get back to work![/quote]

Oh Gwyn,

Thank you. You are so adorable. LOL. Yes, I write heaps of paranormal love stories, but so far, I haven't written any ghost stories for you, Gwyn. I should look into that...LOL.

For those who don't know, I write about witches, warlocks, sorcerers, wizards all set in Scotland's dark 16th century history.

Opps, I can now add to that...LOL. Daughter's of Odin is about the Norse God, Odin and yes...you guessed it...his daughters who are Valkyries. So I can add that to my paranormal/fantasy repertiore.

This is a nice segway, so I will use it to tell you a little bit about my up-coming release.

A couple of authors and I sat down and came up with an anthology for three sensual Goddesses who are always getting into mischief. So their all-powerful father tries to teach them a lesson.
I am honored to have the talented Ann Cory and Melinda Barron as my co-conspirators on this fantasy romance, so you know the book is going to be hot, hot, hot. smilies/cloud9.gif

Daughters of Odin is about three wayward goddesses sent to different time periods to retrieve Odin's amulet. If a mortal man finds it first, they must serve him until he willingly bequests the amulet back to them. The goddesses have until the winter solstice to return it or they will lose their immortality and never see their sisters again. <O:p</O:p

My "Goddess story" is about Odin's headstrong daughter, Kara. She is sent back to the Viking Era in the 9th century Scandinavia and is captured as a thrall (slave) by a very frustrating and obstinate Viking chieftain. With an ego of a Goddess, she finds it extremely difficult to serve a mortal, even one as handsome as the chieftain.

http://www.frwriters.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Cover-206x300.jpg

Daughters of Odin will be available in eBook July 7th, 2010 at www.ResplendencePublishing.com (http://www.ResplendencePublishing.com)

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Lyn ~ your books sound amazing. I am adding them to my TBR pile as we speak.

Yadira A.
[/quote]

Welcome, Yadira. Your house sounds interesting. I love the haunted house special sound effects. LOL. And thank you for the compliment. HugMe

I would like to invite you and everyone else to join my mailing list so I can send you updates on my new releases. I also hold exclusive contests and giveaways for my fans on my mailing list. You can join on my website: www.LynArmstrong.com (http://www.LynArmstrong.com)

Everyone gets a personal postcard from me. :orange: Because I just love sending them. Tee Hee. I know...it's an illness.

RobynBachar
June 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Robyn, there are paranormal investigative teams you can join that allow you to go on ghost hunts. Best of all, you don't have to buy all the expensive equipment. All you need is a good camera and comfy shoes. Google it, I'm sure you can find a team in your area.

I did poke around online awhile ago and found one not far from here, but the dues aren't cheap and definitely not in my budget at the moment. And my mother has forbidden me from poking the ghost in her house, so that's out too. ;)

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
As promised, here is the link to my paranormal photos I took in St. Augustine, Florida this year.

I just put these up on my website for you to look at. And I've added the stories to go with them.

Enjoy.

http://lynarmstrong.com/lyns-paranormal-photos/

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I did poke around online awhile ago and found one not far from here, but the dues aren't cheap and definitely not in my budget at the moment. And my mother has forbidden me from poking the ghost in her house, so that's out too. ;)

LOL. Well that's a shame. If you ever come to South Florida, shoot me an email, and you can come along on our next ghost hunt. I've got a great team of girls who love to investigate the paranormal. ;0)

Christy M
June 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Well it happened when i was little. it was night time and i was in bed and something hit my foot and woke me up. i looked up and a tall figure was standing over my bed. i thought it was my dad, but he just turned around and walked out of the room. but he had to duck his head to keep from hitting the door, and my dad is not that tall, but i was like whatever and went back to sleep. a few days later the same thing woke me, a hit to my foot. i looked up and saw the same figure. i took my hand and slid it to the right of me and felt my mom, then slid my left hand to the left and felt my dad (i had sneaked into their room to sleep that night) and i realized this was not my dad. I just laid as still as i could, repeating to my self, please leave. over and over. finally he turned and walked out, ducking again when he left. He disappeared halfway down the hallway. Just DISAPPEARED. i gave a breath of relief thinking, oh thank god he left (even though he was going towards my sibling's bedroom, i did not even move to tell my parents where he was going). needless to say no one said anything about him or knew about him. it was weird because my house was built for us, so it was only about 4 years old. Whew, what a mouthful!!

CharmedGirl
June 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
As promised, here is the link to my paranormal photos I took in St. Augustine, Florida this year.

I just put these up on my website for you to look at. And I've added the stories to go with them.

Enjoy.

http://lynarmstrong.com/lyns-paranormal-photos/

Very cool Lyn. I like the big house. It looks scary enough from the outside, I could just imagine the inside. Probably full of things that go bump in the night. Better call ghostbusters. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 04:31 PM
it was weird because my house was built for us, so it was only about 4 years old. Whew, what a mouthful!!

Hi Christy,

Your house may be new, but the land is old. Nobody can possibly know what has happened on that land in the past. How many murders/battles happened or history in general. I feel every house has at least one spirit whether we know it or not. :shifty: Just my opinon.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Very cool Lyn. I like the big house. It looks scary enough from the outside, I could just imagine the inside. Probably full of things that go bump in the night. Better call ghostbusters. LOL

Yeah, I would love to do an internal investigation. I LOVE that old town, St. Augustine. The place has a vibe all its own.

RobynBachar
June 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM
LOL. Well that's a shame. If you ever come to South Florida, shoot me an email, and you can come along on our next ghost hunt. I've got a great team of girls who love to investigate the paranormal. ;0)

That sounds great. And the photos you posted are very cool. Have you ever investigated the lighthouse in St. Augustine?

Kimberly
June 4th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Kimberly,

Are you "sensitive" to ghosts as well?

Lyn
Yes, I am. For some reason, they have been attracted to me since I was quite small. My mom's dad had the same issues. No one knew this until he told me when I was in my early 20s. He was afraid everyone would think he was crazy.
My childhood bedroom had been my grandpa's when he was a small boy so he knew things he never told me. Turns out we had encountered the same little Dutch boy who used to just sit on the end of our beds.
I think I've spent most of my life talking to spirits. It's neat except for when you want to be left alone. I had "friends" when I was younger that my mom used to tell everyone was my imaginary friends. I could never get her to understand that they weren't imaginary...they were right beside me.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
That sounds great. And the photos you posted are very cool. Have you ever investigated the lighthouse in St. Augustine?

The little boy in the window is from the lighthouse in St. Augustine. ;0)

bl0226
June 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I have the Celtic series on my wishlist. I think it's time to move them to my shopping cart. Yeah, it's payday!

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, I am. For some reason, they have been attracted to me since I was quite small. My mom's dad had the same issues. No one knew this until he told me when I was in my early 20s. He was afraid everyone would think he was crazy.
My childhood bedroom had been my grandpa's when he was a small boy so he knew things he never told me. Turns out we had encountered the same little Dutch boy who used to just sit on the end of our beds.
I think I've spent most of my life talking to spirits. It's neat except for when you want to be left alone. I had "friends" when I was younger that my mom used to tell everyone was my imaginary friends. I could never get her to understand that they weren't imaginary...they were right beside me.

I totally understand from where you are coming from. My dad can also talk to and hear them, yet he never told anyone until recently.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I have the Celtic series on my wishlist. I think it's time to move them to my shopping cart. Yeah, it's payday!

LOL. Don't you just love payday. :orange:

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Hi ladies,

I will be drawing the contests for today at 8pm EST. If you have posted a comment, you are in the draw.

Three winners will have their choice of an eBook from my Celtic series or be one of the first people to read, Daughters of Odin before it is released worldwide.

Good luck!

Lyn

RobynBachar
June 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM
The little boy in the window is from the lighthouse in St. Augustine. ;0)

Oh, I see. That's what I get for trying to read without having coffee first. ;)

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Oh, I see. That's what I get for trying to read without having coffee first. ;)

LOL. That is okay. It is the building on the outside of the lighthouse. It was said that three children who belonged to the lighthouse keeper drowned and to this day, they have little wet feet on the concrete that doesn't dry away. No matter what they do, they can't get rid of the stains.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Okay, I am putting these names into the hat and drawing out the winners.

Deanna Jewel
Hollie
Gywn Lacy
Robyn Bachar
Grammi7
Bec
Christy M
Kimberly
Yadkny
Bl0226

I hope I haven't missed anyone. Good luck ladies.

ldyromgoth
June 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Greetings, ladies, My name is Patti. With what you have written I thought you might be interested in the Vicksburg, MS battle fields.
I was raised in the South. A little town called Terry, MS. So I am familiar with things that go bump.

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM
My lovely teenage assistants pulled out three names.

And the winners are......

Robyn Bachar
Christy M
Bl0226

Congrads ladies! :orange:

You have won your choice of ebook in my erotic Celtic series or an advance copy of Daughters of Odin. For more information on those books visit my website on www.LynArmstrong.com (http://www.LynArmstrong.com)

Then please email me on lynettearmstrong@hotmail.com with your choice.

Thank you all for spending the day with me in the author spotlight and chatting about your ghost stories. :ghost2:

I had a wonderful time reading all your posts.

Sweet dreams.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
June 4th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Greetings, ladies, My name is Patti. With what you have written I thought you might be interested in the Vicksburg, MS battle fields.
I was raised in the South. A little town called Terry, MS. So I am familiar with things that go bump.

Hi Patti. It's lovely to meet you. Have you seen anything unusual on the battle fields?

Lyn

RobynBachar
June 4th, 2010, 08:10 PM
And the winners are......

Robyn Bachar
Christy M
Bl0226

Congrads ladies! :orange:

Yay! That's awesome. :) I'll be emailing you shortly.

Christy M
June 4th, 2010, 08:31 PM
This is so cool! i am going to enjoy your work! thanks for being here to talk about your books. now i have another author to add to my list!!:notworthy:

Dawn Chartier
June 4th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Lyn, That is truly awesome that you hunt ghosts. I try to stay clear from them if I can. (grin) I live in place where people say Jean Lafitte hid and stashed his gold and such. It would be very cool if he showed up as a ghost and told me where it was.

Dawn Chartier
www.dawnchartier.com (http://www.dawnchartier.com)

CharmedGirl
June 5th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Congratulations to the winners.

ldyromgoth
June 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Mostly it's audio out there. On some night you can hear the sounds of the battles happening. You could heard the sounds of guns/ cannons/ voices/ cries but muffled as if from a great distance.The first time was very un-nerving. Thought my brother was pulling my leg when he told be why he wanted to go. We had gone camping near the site and hiked over. When we got home I did alot of research. There are large quartz deposites in and around the battle field which they believe account for some of the effect. But other accounts are of lost soilders materializing to campers trying to find their battleons. These sometime being mistaken for re-actors until they disappear into mist. I personally have never witnessed this.

Lyn Armstrong
June 9th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Lyn, That is truly awesome that you hunt ghosts. I try to stay clear from them if I can. (grin) I live in place where people say Jean Lafitte hid and stashed his gold and such. It would be very cool if he showed up as a ghost and told me where it was.

Dawn Chartier
www.dawnchartier.com (http://www.dawnchartier.com)

LOL, that would be cool, Dawn. I read a romance novel with Jean Lafitte in it. Oh my, he was drool worthy. Lusty Drool Smilie LOL

Lyn Armstrong
June 9th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Mostly it's audio out there. On some night you can hear the sounds of the battles happening. You could heard the sounds of guns/ cannons/ voices/ cries but muffled as if from a great distance.The first time was very un-nerving. Thought my brother was pulling my leg when he told be why he wanted to go. We had gone camping near the site and hiked over. When we got home I did alot of research. There are large quartz deposites in and around the battle field which they believe account for some of the effect. But other accounts are of lost soilders materializing to campers trying to find their battleons. These sometime being mistaken for re-actors until they disappear into mist. I personally have never witnessed this.

Wow, that sounds really cool. I also heard limestone does the same thing. Interesting. Thanks for posting. goodpostsmilies

bl0226
June 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Thank you, Lyn, for the book and thank you for taking the time to chat with us.

Congrats to Robyn and Christy!

Tracey D

Lyn Armstrong
June 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thank you, Lyn, for the book and thank you for taking the time to chat with us.

Congrats to Robyn and Christy!

Tracey D

You are welcome, Tracey. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon10.gif

Dani
June 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I would love to do an internal investigation. I LOVE that old town, St. Augustine. The place has a vibe all its own.
Lyn, did you go to the fort while you were there? It has a vibe all it's own. Last time I went in it I was 13 and I felt things then. One room was super cold and felt so tight when I was in it.

Lyn Armstrong
June 21st, 2010, 03:36 PM
Lyn, did you go to the fort while you were there? It has a vibe all it's own. Last time I went in it I was 13 and I felt things then. One room was super cold and felt so tight when I was in it.

I haven't gone into the fort in about six years...but I did walk around it at night. :shifty:

Gwyn Lacy
June 21st, 2010, 08:11 PM
I haven't gone into the fort in about six years...but I did walk around it at night. :shifty:
Yeah, I agree with you two. I just remember the prison. There was an energy that snapped. Another wierd place is the Anderson House in Lexington, Missouri, USA. It is a house that was taken over by civil war soldiers (both sides) and used as a hospital. There were thousands of men there in the battle. The tour guy said the men were coming in so fast that they had to discard amputated limbs and dead bodies out the second story window. Their are still bullet holes in the block and walls--the inside ones as well. It was erie. When I walked across the lawn towards the garden. I was overcome with anxiety and felt and incredible sadness. Just wierd.:hide:

Ashley Ladd
October 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM
My youngest daughter used to see ghosts in her bedroom in one house we rented. She was afraid to be in that room. Then a friend told me to put a glass of water in her room at night to keep the spirits away.

I wasn't sure I believed there were really ghosts in that room, but after I put the glass of water in there, my daughter said she didn't see them anymore.

Lyn Armstrong
October 22nd, 2010, 06:47 AM
My youngest daughter used to see ghosts in her bedroom in one house we rented. She was afraid to be in that room. Then a friend told me to put a glass of water in her room at night to keep the spirits away.

I wasn't sure I believed there were really ghosts in that room, but after I put the glass of water in there, my daughter said she didn't see them anymore.

Hi Ashley,

Usually I find if you tell the spirits to go away, they are upsetting your children, they will. I think putting the water in the room was symbolic in saying you are not happy with their energy in the room. Just my take. :shifty:

Thanks for posting.

Lyn
xoxo