PDA

View Full Version : Garden Lovers Gift Card!

Deanna Jewel
June 4th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Leave a comment to be in the drawing for a $25 Home Depot Gift Card - flowers for your garden!!

Fellow gardeners, thank you for stopping in! I'm pleased to spend the month with you chatting about our love of being out in our yards, de-stressing as we pretty things up out there.

Every year I tell my husband that I could save myself some time if I would just get into the yard more often in the FALL and clean up some of my mess that will only be worse in the Spring because I didn't do my fall clean up that I know needs to be done.

So....here I am again, attempting to catch up, which never really happens and I'm at the point, coming into June, that I just might need to call a landscaper to catch me up! oy!! But will that work and for how long? But...in making the call, I also admit defeat that I just can't do it. For me, I hate admitting I can't keep up! :nah:

So...I shake myself off, don my garden gloves and with clippers in one hand and weed killer in the other, off I go!

Didn't I mention, above, something about a gift card giveaway? smilies/beer1.gif

TO ENTER THE DRAWING, just leave me a gardening comment of your own and what you would get with a gift card and at the end of June, I'll pull a winner!

Don't forget to also enter my June drawing on my website for a copy of on of my print books!

I look forward to reading your comments and I'll be back later!

smilies/beer1.gif

hollie
June 4th, 2010, 02:47 PM
i have loads of plans for my garden. we moved a few months ago and the new garden is alot bigger but it also needs alot more work. it hasn't really had anything done to it for the last 8 or 9 years from what the neighbours have told us. so there is loads of weeds and over grown and twisited trees ~ in the middle of the garden with a sort of falling over raised square thing. ok i'll shut up and go back to my planning

Christy M
June 5th, 2010, 09:16 AM
My hubby is the one who loves to work in the yard. He and the kids love planting the flowers, i just kinda point to where i want them. But my brother has just planted a veggie garden and so i think we are going to try our hand at that! it is fun eating what you grow!

Deanna Jewel
June 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hollie and Christy, thanks for joining me in the garden! That puts you both in the drawing just for posting a comment!

Readers, you can get in the drawing also just by posting a comment with us. Let's hear from you. How are YOUR weeds growing? Or have you gotten yours cleaned out and if so, are you up for hire???? LOL

lilpixie
June 7th, 2010, 10:13 AM
My garden is looking great at the moment some of my veggies are already ready cucumbers and squash yum yum yum ,am keeping the weeds out at the moment lol

yadkny
June 24th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Lucky for me I was born and raised on a farm and was fortunate enough to have inherited my father's green thumb. All of our crops grow each season without fail (it's been a blessing). Now the weeds are another story... the better the harvest, the better the weed growth. There's really no stopping them. My mother is an avid rose gardner. She absolutely loves taking care of them as if they were her kids. It works because they grow like crazy. I call her the 'rose whisperer' because I swear she can get them to grow no matter the conditions :)

katsrus
June 24th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I have a flower garden. It's a smaller one but; it's getting a bit bigger cause I always find a new flower to add. I prefer to have flowers that come back every year.

Deanna Jewel
June 24th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I have a few roses but them seem to not produce the amount of roses I'd like and I'm thinking that I may be pruning them wrong. I go down to the first sprouting of the five leaves and prune above that. Not sure if that's correct; I may have to do more research. There seems to be way too many branches on the rose bush and I might need to trim on the inside.....any ideas?

:smilingsun:

brandyzbooks
June 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Do you like planting flowers or do you plant veggies and fruit as well???

Deanna Jewel
June 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
We have a few potted tomato plants and peppers. We don't have room for a veggie garden but I used to have a big garden years ago and loved it but I could bend in the garden better back then too! LOL

RW1010
June 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM
My "garden" has been reduced to a few tomato plants & a couple of pepper plants in big pots on the back deck. We have so many deer out here, it's crazy! I really love watching them romp & play, but the scandals eat just about everything including my rose bushes!!!

Sky Purington
June 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Great post! I love gardening. Up here in New England there are only so many months to enjoy it. Lately, I've become a huge fan of perenials. Especially the summer long blooming variety! In fact, I just learned a little trick about the Hibiscus. Did you know you could braid the stems lightly and they'll eventually grow into a single braided stem? Pretty cool! It's a great way to keep them from spreading out and taking over gardens. And creative to boot as you can design them as you like!

What would I do if I won a gift certificate? Probably buy a few more anual planters for my deck. While I've already a few Impatients and Petunias, I'd really like to add a bit more color!

Thanks for hosting such a super contest, Deanna. I look forward to checking out your books!

smilies/beer1.gif
~Sky

Deanna Jewel
June 24th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Sky, thanks for the braiding tip on the Hibiscus plant. I don't have any of those but I just might have to run over to Home Depot and find me one! I'll think I'll just do that! How kewl!

:rockon:

Robbibird3
June 24th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hey Deanna,
How is your Jubilee day going? If I won a garden gift card I would probably have to figure out where to put a garden. I love flowers morning glories of blue or purple are my favorites. Then too I like climbing roses. I have a bush in the center of my lower backyard and the name escapes me but it has rose pink petals with a yellowish center thingy. I have rhodendrons growing by my gas tank for my oven. I would love to have bright petunia waves for the front yard, it would brighten the place up a bit. So I would have to decide what part of my property to have flowers growing but I know I'd love it if I could.

Have A Great Day.
Robin

lilpixie
June 24th, 2010, 07:50 PM
My garden looks great but the flower beds along the house are starting to look like a jungle working so much the past two weeks havent had time to weed eat the edges lol
wanda f
flanagan@Mebtel.net

Deanna Jewel
June 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Pixie - I don't think the gift card will buy you much in the way of a gardener to weed for you......sorry! LOL I'd have one if that was the case! I can't seem to keep up with the weeds and work and writing....so.....what's more important? hhhmmmm...bein' on the puter!

lilpixie
June 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Lol no but since I ended up using the last of the line that goes in the weed eater I could buy more so hubby can weed eat and I can play on here with ya'll

Sky Purington
June 25th, 2010, 12:04 AM
You SO should, Deanna! Isn't it awesome how plant & human can work so well together like that? Though the Hibiscus only blooms for a few weeks, the flowers are large and showy. Well worth it!

~Sky

Deanna Jewel
June 26th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Want in the contest? You MUST leave a comment in this thread and let me know what you'd do with your gift card. The drawing is July 1st, winner will be pulled from those who LEAVE A COMMENT.

:jump:

Many have viewed the thread but very few have left a comment. The gift card is $25 at Home Depot - many options of what to get there and lots to get your garden going.

:stretching1:

lilpixie
June 26th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Definatly line for the weed eater an some pretty flowers to hang on my porch

brandyzbooks
June 27th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I'd like to help my mom finish the garden that she started with my dad before he died....

Deanna Jewel
July 2nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
And the winner is: RW1010 - Congratulations!!

:jump:

They have won the $25 Home Depot Gift Card to buy

something special for their yard or garden.

Happy Shopping RW!!

:thankyou:

To all who participated and joined me

here on June 24th!

brandyzbooks
July 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Congrats!!!