PDA

View Full Version : The love of my life - LKB

Tina Donahue
June 5th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I've only had one pet in my life and her name was LKB - Little Kitty Baby. What a doll. She was a black-and-white Abyssian cat and also a stray.

My husband and I had just moved into our new house in an equestrian center. One morning I heard mews that honestly sounded like a baby crying. My first thought was that someone had left an infant on the back porch.

When I opened the blinds, I didn't see a child (thank god), but a small bundle of fur who stared up at me with adorable green eyes. She was trembling and looked as if she hadn't had a meal in forever.

I shouted for my husband to come downstairs and open a can of tuna. I didn't want to walk away from the door, fearing the poor little thing would leave.

She ate all of the tuna that day, along with a bowl of milk we gave her. Licking her chops, she darted away.

My heart fell, I didn't think I'd see her again.

But sure enough, the next day she came to the door and mewed for her food.

Pretty soon, we had her coming into the house and more or less taking over it. At the time, we didn't know she was pregnant. When she gave birth to her kittens we found all of them good homes and named her Little Kitty Baby - LKB for short.

I'd grown up in a family where cats weren't liked and weren't kept so I had little experience with them.

LKB taught me that cats are the most wonderful pets on earth. She shadowed me through the day and slept on my lap or my husband's at night while we watched TV. You can say we found each other

She passed last year. I still miss her. Someday, I might get lucky and another cat will find me.

Until then, I've been busy writing, writing, writing. My author day at Coffee Time is June 7th. I hope you'll join me on my forum (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1232)to chat about my books and for a chance to win one of my titles.

:biggrin:

Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

THE YEARNING
Samhain – 2/2011 release date

ADORED
4 Stars Romantic Times
Second Place Winner NEC RWA contest
5 Siren Stones – Siren Book Reviews

DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS
4.5 Cherries - Nominated for Book of the Week Whipped Cream Reviews
5 Stars – Reviewer TOP PICK – NOR
5 Blue Roses – Rebecca Rose Blogspot
4 Lips – TwoLips Reviews

LUSH VELVET NIGHTS
Reviewer’s TOP PICK – the Pagan & the Pen
5 ANGELS – Fallen Angel Reviews
4.25 Stars - NOR
4 Blossoms – a page turner – Book Junkie

Janet Durbin
June 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I've had many, many cats. In fact, I don't ever remember not having a cat around the house. I have four now. Their names are: Peanut, Cookie, Hana and Neko (which is japanese for cat, lol).

My favorite memory is of Patches, or as we fondly called her, Meme. She was a cat I aquired in Germany. The people almost didn't want to give her to me because she thought I would dump her when it was time to go back to the states. Definately not! Once a cat comes into my home, they are family.

She was the most tolerant cat I knew. After my son was born, she allowed him to lay on her, to attempt to pick her up, or whatever he did, as long as it didn't hurt. She never scratched him.

When I came home from work, there she was, meowing with all her face. She sat with me, went wherever I went, and made sure I always had smile handy by rubbing my face when I was sad.

She lived for 21 years before she passed. I miss her a lot. But, Cookie has filled the gap. We carry on great conversations, neither one of us knowing what the heck the other is saying. She is 12 or 13 years old now, and I'm not sure how much longer she will hang out. So far she is okay.

When the day comes for Cookie to leave, Hana is ready to step in. She is only 1 1/2 years old. She is quiet, but she loves to do the shoulder tuck and roll over so I can rub her belly.

Dogs are nice, but I think my heart will always be with cats. They are so independent, yet willing to be there when you need a good hug or purr.
addmilk.gif:snoozycat:smilies/catmoon.gif:kittydance::kitty2:
Janet

Tina Donahue
June 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm with you on cats being the best, Janet. I so miss my LKB. She was always there for me, shadowing me almost like a dog would.

She could be mischievous though. She used to lift her little paws, claws ready to scratch the furniture. She'd strike that pose then look at me and I'm frown and say, "NO!"

I swear she almost smiled. And then she'd scamper in back of the sofa and mew like nobody's business. Almost as if she was laughing.

How I miss that.

Tina

Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”

THE YEARNING
Samhain – 2/2011 release date

ADORED
4 Stars Romantic Times
Second Place Winner NEC RWA contest
5 Siren Stones – Siren Book Reviews

DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS
4.5 Cherries - Nominated for Book of the Week Whipped Cream Reviews
5 Stars – Reviewer TOP PICK – NOR
5 Blue Roses – Rebecca Rose Blogspot
4 Lips – TwoLips Reviews

LUSH VELVET NIGHTS
Reviewer’s TOP PICK – the Pagan & the Pen
5 ANGELS – Fallen Angel Reviews
4.25 Stars - NOR
4 Blossoms – a page turner – Book Junkie

I've had many, many cats. In fact, I don't ever remember not having a cat around the house. I have four now. Their names are: Peanut, Cookie, Hana and Neko (which is japanese for cat, lol).

My favorite memory is of Patches, or as we fondly called her, Meme. She was a cat I aquired in Germany. The people almost didn't want to give her to me because she thought I would dump her when it was time to go back to the states. Definately not! Once a cat comes into my home, they are family.

She was the most tolerant cat I knew. After my son was born, she allowed him to lay on her, to attempt to pick her up, or whatever he did, as long as it didn't hurt. She never scratched him.

When I came home from work, there she was, meowing with all her face. She sat with me, went wherever I went, and made sure I always had smile handy by rubbing my face when I was sad.

She lived for 21 years before she passed. I miss her a lot. But, Cookie has filled the gap. We carry on great conversations, neither one of us knowing what the heck the other is saying. She is 12 or 13 years old now, and I'm not sure how much longer she will hang out. So far she is okay.

When the day comes for Cookie to leave, Hana is ready to step in. She is only 1 1/2 years old. She is quiet, but she loves to do the shoulder tuck and roll over so I can rub her belly.

Dogs are nice, but I think my heart will always be with cats. They are so independent, yet willing to be there when you need a good hug or purr.
addmilk.gif:snoozycat:smilies/catmoon.gif:kittydance::kitty2:

Janet Durbin
June 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
She could be mischievous though. She used to lift her little paws, claws ready to scratch the furniture. She'd strike that pose then look at me and I'm frown and say, "NO!"

I had a gray cat who was just like that, only with my ex. His name was Bandit, and he fit the bill well. The cat would climb up the curtains and hang there until he looked. When he made a move to get up, Bandit would drop and run for cover. Same with the scratching furniture thing. Used to make my ex so mad. lol

Really do miss that cat. Laugh it Up fuzball

Janet

Tina Donahue
June 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
LOL

:clap:

Tina
Tina Donahue
“Heat with Heart”
THE YEARNING (Samhain – 2/2011)
ADORED (award winning - 4 Stars RT)
DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (5 Stars NOR)