PDA

View Full Version : Remember, I'm in a different time zone

KSAugustin
June 7th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Before I go on and start posting excerpts, remember that I'm in a different time-zone which is almost exactly out of sync with yours. So while you're awake and reading...I'm probably asleep!

I love and appreciate all of your comments and will get to them but it won't be till tonight, your time.

Kaz!

CharmedGirl
June 7th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I just popped over to your blog and made a post in the contest section.

KSAugustin
June 7th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Cool! And thanks. Best of luck. If I can find a way to get a dog to choose a piece of paper without eating it!!, I might get Sausage to do the drawing. (She's our mini bull terrier.)

Kaz!

hollie
June 7th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Before I go on and start posting excerpts, remember that I'm in a different time-zone which is almost exactly out of sync with yours. So while you're awake and reading...I'm probably asleep!

I love and appreciate all of your comments and will get to them but it won't be till tonight, your time.

Kaz!

what time zone are you in? i live in a different timezone to most of the CTR people as well, but i don't think your in the UK maybe Austraila?

I just popped over to your blog and made a post in the contest section.

so did I

Cool! And thanks. Best of luck. If I can find a way to get a dog to choose a piece of paper without eating it!!, I might get Sausage to do the drawing. (She's our mini bull terrier.)

Kaz!

if you figure that out let me know how my dogs eat everything they can get their paws on

CharmedGirl
June 7th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Are you in Malaysia Kaz? I just read that's where you were born.

KSAugustin
June 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Bec, that's right. I'm back in Malaysia at the moment with the family. We live in the relative boondocks of Johor state which is a hop, skip and a jump from Singapore. Good morning!

Kaz!

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Well, I have never been able to visit another country. I am from the USA, I've heard of Johor but I will have to go to my atlas to see the exact location...

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 01:13 AM
It's the bit of Malaysia that looks like it's just about to eat Singapore! LOL One degree north of the Equator. Whew, it gets hot!

Kaz!

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Phewww... Hot I know about, I don't live near the equator but I live in Iowa were the summer temps range from 90-115 degrees with 50-85% HUMIDITY. I have always wanted to travel, see the world but unfortunatly I'm poor and can't afford to... Have you ever been to the states?

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Yes, I lived and worked in the States for a few years. Silicon Valley, to be exact, although I also made business trips to Miami, Raleigh/Durham, and Atlanta. Before that, I visited Los Angeles to attend a Star Trek convention. I had a blast!

Kaz!

hollie
June 8th, 2010, 05:49 AM
so what timezone does that put you in? +/- what from GMT?

(i do like living at 0 it means i don't have to work times out as much)

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Yes, I lived and worked in the States for a few years. Silicon Valley, to be exact, although I also made business trips to Miami, Raleigh/Durham, and Atlanta. Before that, I visited Los Angeles to attend a Star Trek convention. I had a blast!

Kaz!

I know the Silicon Valley. I lived in Sunnyvale, which is just South of Palo Alto. We moved there when I was 10 for a year. My father had a heart/lung transplant at Stanford. It is like living on a whole other planet from where I live now. Of course back then it was just becoming "Silicon Valley."

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Hollie! I'm GMT+8. Yes, it would be very convenient being just GMT!

Brandy, we lived in Santa Clara and worked in Cupertino! :)

Kaz!

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Kaz, We were 1 block from the Santa Clara/Sunnyvale line. My elem school was in Santa Clara by the chiropractic college. Small world, lol

Brandy

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Wow! That really tickles my fancy, Brandy! LOL Why, we're practically neighbours! Ha ha.

Kaz!

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
It has been such a long time since I lived there. I'd love to go back sometime and show my girls all of it. Like take them to China Town or Half Moon Bay.... How long has it been since you lived there?

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Wow, now that I come to think of it.... Ten years ago! Where did all that time go??

Kaz!

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Its been almost 25yr since I moved back, almost like it was another lifetime..... I guess in a way it was, I still had my dad then. He was a great man, this brings back sooo many good memories but now its time to make more. Sorry got kinda sentimental... its only been 6mo since we lost him.

So do you write full time?

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your father, Brandy. My sympathies. Six months isn't such a long time.

As of 01 March this year, I write full-time. Because J, my husband, and I are both in IT, we do something we call "career tag". When one of us gets burnt out, the other will deliberately make an aggressive play in the IT arena. Five years ago, he opted out to work at Uni and I took the corporate job. Now, he's in corporate and I've taken time out to see if I can make This Writing Thing work. It takes a lot of planning but so far we've made it work.

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Sorry Kaz, I didn't mean to be a downer like that. It just seems to hit me out of the blue.

I can understand the "career tag" this is something my husband and I have done with our girls. If one works the other stays home with the girls and then we switch off. I have to say I do enjoy being the one who is home with the girls. Of course this explains why I don't get to travel much either, lol...smilies/bump.gif

I hope that all your writing dreams come true I will be keeping a look out for you!!! Since you have done sooo much traveling were is the most exciting place you have been to?

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for your kind words, Brandy. As for places, well each place has been exciting for different reasons. I really enjoyed working in the States, for example, and was blown away by how inclusive Americans are, but Australia in the 90s was a lovely, casual place to be. Ireland was utterly charming, London was vibrant. Malaysia is relaxed with good food. As you travel, you'll find that there are more things that bring us together; many more similarities than differences. That's my takeaway point anyway. :)

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I was just looking at all of your books and they all look good especially "The Dragon of Ankoll Keep". It really caught my eye... I loved the cover

If you could suggest just 1 book which one would it be? smilie_colors1.gif

KSAugustin
June 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
If you like dragons and fantasy, then I would definitely recommend that one! If spaceships and pirates are more your style, then A PIRATE'S PASSION at Total-E-Bound (http://www.total-e-bound.com) may satisfy. And if you want to see a contemporary bodyguard story turned upside down, then GUARDING HIS BODY (also from Total-E-Bound) may also be a choice.

If you like, I have full first chapters up at my website so please feel free to browse there and see if anything takes your fancy.

brandyzbooks
June 9th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Kaz thank you so much for being here today and talking to us all. I have bookmarked your website so I can get all the books I want. I was keeping a list and my darn computer lost half of the list. So all the authors from last months Spring showers, i have to go through all the titles again... Ugggg!!!

Oh Well it will be worth it in the end!!! TTYSsmilies/beer1.gif