PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hey everyone - I'm Amber Skyze and I write contemporary and m/m erotica for Aspen Mountain Press, Ellora's Cave and Noble Romance.

In my free time I love hanging on the pool deck or lounging on the float.

What do you enjoy about summer?

Kenzie Michaels
June 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Hey Amber:) I loooove hanging out at the pool! We don't have our own, but every Tuesday is 'Dollar Day' at our local pool. And if the temp soars above 99, they extend their hours PLUS don't charge admission:)

But what I really like is the husband unit goes to work in the summer. Him working=more money I can spend on books, hahahaha!

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Dollar Days are nice! I just bought the sony ereader last night so I'm looking forward to reading more ebooks!!!!

Christy M
June 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hey Amber,

i think my fav thing about summer is the laziness of it all. during the school year every day is just a rush to work, then when i get home at 5:30 i only have about 2 1/2 hours to make dinner, do homework w/ the kids, baths and ready for bed. everything is just so rushed. but durng the summer it is relaxed because i dont have all that extra school work and they can go to bed a little bit later. that gives me extra time to read as well!!

Kenzie Michaels
June 7th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Cool! Which one did you get? I love my Pocket Edition:)

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I got the pink pocket..it's charging now. I can't wait to use it.

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM
oh i agree christy..i love having my mornings to myself while the kids sleep in.

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM
How about a little excerpt??? This one is from Talk Dirty to Topaz. It's available from Aspen Mountain Press (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com)

Holy shit!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Teagan couldn’t remember ever experiencing such intensity before. Stars flashed before her eyes as Frank drove her over the edge, tumbling to ecstasy.<o:p></o:p>
Both feet back on the floor, Teagan rested her head on his shoulder, allowing herself time to catch her breath and time to wonder what the fuck she was thinking.<o:p></o:p>
Yes, it was a mind-blowing experience, but she wasn’t the type to let her inhibitions go and succumb to a man she just met. But she had to admit, Frank Black wasn’t just any man. There was something about him, something that made Teagan want to stay and learn more about him. She wanted to figure out what this attraction was she felt. There was attraction; a deep one that scared the shit out of her. <o:p></o:p>
She hadn’t felt this way since Tim and her instincts were dead wrong about him. She didn’t want to make the same mistakes trusting another man. Maybe it was the phone calls. They had her sexually frustrated and needing release. Maybe she was confusing the need for sex with attraction. But damn, Frank did know how to please her.<o:p></o:p>
Teagan felt empty as Frank stepped back, but her emptiness didn’t last long. He wrapped her in his arms, planting gentle kisses on her face.<o:p></o:p>
“You’re an amazingly beautiful woman, Teagan Topaz.”<o:p></o:p>
She blushed, unused to so many compliments. <o:p></o:p>
“I could make love to you all night long.”<o:p></o:p>
Teagan’s stomach grumbled before she had a chance to respond.<o:p></o:p>
“But first, I must feed you.”<o:p></o:p>
She laughed nervously. <o:p></o:p>
“You’ll need energy for what I have in store for you.”<o:p></o:p>
“What about Susan?” Teagan asked. As exciting as the prospect sounded, his sister lived in his house and would be returning home eventually. <o:p></o:p>
“We’ll worry about that after dinner.”<o:p></o:p>
Frank helped Teagan put her clothes back in order, and then kissed the tip of her nose. “I’d rather have dessert first…”<o:p></o:p>

Kenzie Michaels
June 7th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Wow...don't think I've read this one yet:)

I'm jealous...my Pocket is silver, with a black cover.

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 12:17 PM
They only had black out, so I asked and she came out with a purty pink one. :-)

Kenzie Michaels
June 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Where did you get yours?

aliciaeflores1
June 7th, 2010, 01:25 PM
In my free time I love hanging on the pool deck or lounging on the float.

What do you enjoy about summer?

Lounging on the float sounds nice... but, I must be honest, I'm more of a Autumn and Winter girl :) Summers in Houston are not fun... way too hot and humid for me, heh

~Ali

yadkny
June 7th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Amber,
Great excerpt! I too, have a Pocket that is silver. Other colors were not available at the time.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Best Buy...they were having a member only thing last night so I took advantage

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I can understand not liking the humidity in Huston. We don't get it the way you guys do here in Rhode Island.

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Amber,
Great excerpt! I too, have a Pocket that is silver. Other colors were not available at the time

Thanks..I enjoyed writing Talk Dirty. I'll post some more excerpts

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Here's one from Body Shots which just received an awesome review:

Blurb:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Got Tequila?
Sierra does and Reed isn’t afraid to use it. He’s determined to do shots on every inch of her skin, but Sierra has insecurities preventing him from exploring intimate areas. Her insecurities won't stop her from lavishing his body with the heady liquor.
Ten years ago an accident tore Sierra Allen and Reed Walker apart. Now a chance encounter has them burning for each other. A bottle of liquor and a pool table has this duo ready to quench their thirsts with one night of Body Shots.
Will one night be enough to fan the flames of desire?
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Excerpt:
Reed Walker leaned his massive frame against the wall. His leg bent, his boot-clad foot tapped against the wall to the rhythm of the bass drum. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, as his eyes gazed upon the singer crooning the soft rock ballad. She was gorgeous by every standard of the word. Long flowing black hair, dark mysterious eyes, her arms sleeved in tattoos. Dressed only in black leather pants and a matching leather bra, her rock-hard stomach revealed she worshiped the gym but Reed wasn’t here for the singer. She wasn’t his type any longer. Another time, another place maybe. Not tonight. Tonight, he was here for the owner of the bar.<o:p></o:p>
Looking to make some extra cash doing something they loved, Reed and his fellow band mates decided to reunite after a ten year hiatus. Reed having always been the businessman of the group took on the task of going around to different bars and clubs to see if they were interested in adding his band Foul Play to the line up.<o:p></o:p>
When he walked into Crimson Nights he thought he was walking into a dream. Never in his wildest imagination had he thought he’d come face to face with the only true love of his life—Sierra Allen.<o:p></o:p>
The look on her face when he walked up to the bar and asked to speak to the owner was one of shock. Like seeing a ghost. And that’s how he felt. Oh, she’d cut off most of her long red hair but she couldn’t deny the scar on her right cheek. It had faded some over the years and she tried covering it with her hand most of the time they spoke but he knew it was her. She told him her name was Laura but Reed knew better. Those haunting green eyes couldn’t be mistaken.<o:p></o:p>
He went along with her charade, though it killed him deep inside. She had run away from him after the car accident without so much as an explanation. The weeks he spent by her side, holding her while she cried over what she felt was a deformed face. The painful recovery from the shards of glass that cut her, when the windshield shattered. He stood by her side, loving her, wishing he could take away her pain. Wishing it was him who suffered instead of her, only to have her up and vanish when she was released from the hospital.<o:p></o:p>
Now she was pretending she didn’t know him. It didn’t make sense. He’d let her go a long time ago but this time he wasn’t going to leave without finding out why. It was the least she could do. She owed him an explanation.<o:p></o:p>
She shocked him when she agreed to let his band play. He fully expected a flat-out “no”. Why would she want his band playing there if she was hiding her identity? Was it a ploy to make him believe she was this Laura she pretended to be? Or was she feeling the connection too? If it was to prove her charade, she was sadly mistaken. Reed wasn’t stupid enough to be fooled by a haircut or name change.<o:p></o:p>
Reed would wait until the night was done and the bar empty before he confronted her but he would and when he did, Sierra had some explaining to do.<o:p></o:p>

CharmedGirl
June 7th, 2010, 03:07 PM
:welcome1: to CTR Amber.

Love the excerpt above.

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

yadkny
June 7th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I really liked the 2nd excerpt. I am going online right now to add that book to my TBR pile. Very intriguing storyline.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks! Here is an excerpt from another book from Aspen Mountain (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com)

Ever wonder about the face behind the voice of a radio DJ?
Nina Walters has. She can’t get enough of disc jockey Ty’s sexy baritone. He has her masturbating to his voice daily. When he challenges his listeners to a contest Nina wants the upper hand. Lucky for her Cindy, her best friend works at the radio station.
Ty is offering a dream date, with him, to one lucky winner. He’s almost positive no one will guess the answer correctly. So, when Nina does he’s floored. Being a man of his word, he goes through with the date.
Sparks fly, but secrets linger. Will their heat for one another be enough to ride the waves of deception?

Nina struggled to keep up with him. She couldn’t imagine why he was ignoring her. She hung up on Cindy with no explanation. She needed to find out what was wrong with Ty. She watched him climb into the front of the limo. When she reached the door she pulled on the lever. Locked. She knocked on the black tinted window.
No response.
She knocked again, this time louder.
Still no response.
“I know you’re in there, Ty. Please come out and tell me what’s wrong,” she pleaded. Why was he ignoring her? What had she done? Besides waiting for him to come out of the bathroom, she thought they were having a good time. What changed his mind?
Jasper opened his door and stepped out. “Ms. Walters, let me get the door for you.” He opened the back door and waited for her to step in.
Crossing her arms she refused. “I’m not getting in until Ty explains to me what the hell is going on.” Her voice grew louder as her frustration mounted.
“Ms. Walters, please.”
She knew she was making Jasper uncomfortable, but she didn’t care. She couldn’t understand what was going on.
“I’m not moving, so either you have Ty get his ass out of the car and talk to me, or you can leave me here.”
Jasper closed the door and went back to the driver’s door, disappearing into the limo, leaving her standing there.
Just fucking great. Was he going to take her seriously and leave her? He wouldn’t would he? She didn’t even know what the hell was going on. This was ridiculous. Was he some kind of weirdo? Did he do this often? They shared an incredible day. What the fuck was going on?
She counted to one hundred and still no one exited the limo, but it didn’t drive away either. Maybe that was a good sign. She paced the length of the limo racking her brain. She couldn’t figure it out, unless.
Oh shit! Had he heard her conversation with Cindy? But she didn’t say enough to have him understand – had she? And besides, she continually looked over her shoulder to see if he was coming. Had he snuck up on her and listened to her private conversation? That would have been rude. But still, she couldn’t wrap her thoughts around what would make his so mad. She didn’t believe she said anything incrementing. If she did and he was pissed Cindy could lose her job. That would be the nightmare of all nightmares.
When she reached two hundred and still no Ty she went back to his side and knocked on the window.

Kelly Fitzpatrick
June 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Nice excerpt:smilingsun:

bl0226
June 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hello!

Oh, yeah, I'm lovin' those excerpts and am ready to do some buying!

Friday can't get here fast enough for me... it's payday!

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 05:25 PM
LOL I know all about paydays. I buy too many books!

Amber Skyze
June 7th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Oh Kelly - this looks good! Gonna have to add that to my new ereader for vacation in a few weeks.

Lucky47
June 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hi Amber,
Great excerpt. Such a tease. :thewave:
Thanks for sharing. This is on my TRL.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com

katsrus
June 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Those are great excerpts. Thanks. :notworthy:

brandyzbooks
June 8th, 2010, 12:54 AM