PDA

View Full Version : My Special Day at Coffee Time Romance and Contest!!

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Good morning everyone! It's my special day here at Coffee Time.

Tell me what you're doing this summer, what you're reading and if you have any questions about my books or writing, feel free to ask.

Everyone who posts a question or comment on this thread will go into a draw to win one download from my Ellora's Cave backlist. (those who have already posted on my section of the forum today, while I was still asleep in NZ, are also included in the draw!)

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I thought I'd tell you a little about my website and what you can find there.

1. I have blurbs and excerpts of all my books.

2. I have a photo album, which features lots of the pictures I've snapped during my world travels.

3. I have several free stories available for you to download.

4. If you're a writer, you'll find some articles on writing.

5. If you're a reader, you'll find lots of background articles and photos that tie into my stories.

6. I have some travel essays. One on Ellora's Cave and one on seeing gorillas in Rwanda.

7. I have a blog where I post every day.

8. I have an ongoing contest.

9. You'll get to see what I look like.

Here's the url - http://www.shelleymunro.com

Christy M
June 8th, 2010, 06:28 PM
hey Shelly,

i plan on relaxing and reading as many books as i can. playing with the kiddies and that is about it. will hit the beach a couple of times, i am sure. that is the the limit of my plans for the summer right now. what about you? i enjoyed your excerpt. i am headed over to your website to check it out.

lillieblue613
June 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I just wanted to say hello. It's the end of my work day and the auditors have worn me out today. No more computer for me today, but hope I can read some this evening.

smilies/bluebutterfl

lillieblue613
June 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Shelley,

I did want to say how much I enjoy your blog with photos and stories of your travels.

:spotman:

MSEReads
June 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Just stopping by to say "Hi Shelley". Fun picture with the camel. Sounds like you had a great OE - six years! Lucky you. I'm lucky if I can get away for a week. But I'll do a three week cruise any time DH can get one for good price! It's the airfare stopping us right now.

Great photos in the photo section... some beautiful shots!
Thanks for the free reads at your site too.
Best wishes on all your WIPs.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
hey Shelly,

i plan on relaxing and reading as many books as i can. playing with the kiddies and that is about it. will hit the beach a couple of times, i am sure. that is the the limit of my plans for the summer right now. what about you? i enjoyed your excerpt. i am headed over to your website to check it out.

Hi Christy,

It's heading into winter down here in New Zealand. Today it's freezing, but at least it's sunny. We've had lots of rain for the last three weeks. Right now, the beach sounds like a mighty fine plan. I need to thaw out!

Enjoy your visit to my website.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Shelley,

I did want to say how much I enjoy your blog with photos and stories of your travels.

:spotman:

Thanks so much. I really enjoy blogging. Hubby and I are busy planning our next holiday. He had a surprise cruise all booked for December, but then had to tell me when the company changed the dates. I think we're going next May now. It's something to look forward to!!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Just stopping by to say "Hi Shelley". Fun picture with the camel. Sounds like you had a great OE - six years! Lucky you. I'm lucky if I can get away for a week. But I'll do a three week cruise any time DH can get one for good price! It's the airfare stopping us right now.

Great photos in the photo section... some beautiful shots!
Thanks for the free reads at your site too.
Best wishes on all your WIPs.

Hi Martha,

Thanks for stopping by my website. I'm afraid hubby and I have caught the travel bug really badly. We don't seem to run out of places we want to go either. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not! :)

I hope you get to go on your cruise. I really like cruising. It's so relaxing.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I just wanted to say hello. It's the end of my work day and the auditors have worn me out today. No more computer for me today, but hope I can read some this evening.

smilies/bluebutterfl

Happy reading, Lillie. Auditors are scary creatures. They're enough to tire anyone out.

Shelley

Robbibird3
June 8th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Shelley,
I stopped in early this morning and I guess you were still napping. I checked out your blog and bookshelf. Your Middlemarch Mates has grown since I last reviewed one for romancejunkies.com under ladybirdrobi. I was also happy to see that you are going to work with SPCA or it's equivalent.

Robin

Christina Phillips
June 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Shelley! It's a lovely sunny day here in WA as well, but very chilly! I'm wearing so many layers and my fingers are still cold!

How lovely you have another cruise to look forward to!!

dancealert
June 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I checked out your site. The pictures of whales were awesome. I would imagine it would have been breath taking just to be able to see them to take those pictures. It can't ever get old.

The cover of your new book is HOT!
I'm going back to your site to look around again, but wanted to get in the coffee time chat.

Amy Gallow
June 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Like you, I'm stumbling into winter and midway through teaching a short course at night in our adult education system. It's called "From idea to story" and they run two to three of them each year, averaging around ten "participants" and me. The structure is two hours of "chalk and talk" followed by an assignment they email to me and I respond to before the next lesson. It keeps me busy and is payment in part to all the people who helped me along the way and wouldn't accept more than my gratitude.
On the writing side, I've signed the contracts for my fourteenth and fifteenth stories and am deep in the research for a story brought to my attention by a Chinese colleague who was researching his family's history in Australia and came across a a Chinese ideograph doodled in the margin of a report written by the longest serving Chinese detective in the Victoria Police. The detective was investigating a murder in the 1875 gold fields ant this was his report of the interview of the prime suspect, who was hung eight weeks later. The ideograph casts strong doubts on the condemned man's guilt and the story behind both men, the detective and the condemned man, is fascinating.
Hope all is well on your side of the Tasman, and say hello to Mister Munro from both of us.

dancealert
June 8th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm in Michigan and it's raining and will the rest of the week. My husband has a classic 25 year old corvette and I'm sure I'll go to some car shows, with books in hand. I sit in the car and read! I know lame.

Tom is laid off and has been a while due to the economic downturn here. The most exciting thing we may do is go over to the wine distric in Windsor for the day or up north to see some relatives and perhaps visit the sand dunes and go for buggy rides on the Lake Michigan shore. Sleeping Bear Dunes. I hope the weather is nice enough that we can do a lot of any of those! We will be home quite a bit though and I have my books. Good thing my Tom and I get along so well, 24/7 for very long can be harmful to some marriages.

dancealert
June 8th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I was told by email to return to the forum so I am back. Hopefully I can get involved in the chat? Brenda

yadkny
June 8th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Hi Shelley,
Beautiful New Zealand pix on your site. I am adding your books to my TBR list.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Hey Shelley,
I stopped in early this morning and I guess you were still napping. I checked out your blog and bookshelf. Your Middlemarch Mates has grown since I last reviewed one for romancejunkies.com under ladybirdrobi. I was also happy to see that you are going to work with SPCA or it's equivalent.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, Middlemarch has grown a lot. I'm currently working on edits for Blue Lady, which will be book ten. I think this one should hit the coming soon page at EC fairly quickly. And yesterday, I actually started work on the twins' story. I have quite a bit of torture in store for them - rubbing hands together gleefully - They won't know what hit them!

My husband and I aren't ready to replace our little dog yet. (She died last August) but we thought fostering for the SPCA would be a good way of giving back. I wish I lived a little closer because they're always looking for volunteers to walk the dogs.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Hi Shelley! It's a lovely sunny day here in WA as well, but very chilly! I'm wearing so many layers and my fingers are still cold!

How lovely you have another cruise to look forward to!!

Hi Christina!

I didn't think it ever got cold in Western Australia!! Yes, my husband booked it especially for my birthday. He's such a sweetie.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I checked out your site. The pictures of whales were awesome. I would imagine it would have been breath taking just to be able to see them to take those pictures. It can't ever get old.

The cover of your new book is HOT!
I'm going back to your site to look around again, but wanted to get in the coffee time chat.

Hi!

Thanks for checking out my website. I actually have some new photos I need to put up from our recent holiday. As soon as I complete my edits, I'm going to get onto that! I adore going whale watching and never get tired of watching them. Just ask my husband. I'm always dragging him off whale watching.

The cover is hot, isn't it? I was really pleased with it.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Like you, I'm stumbling into winter and midway through teaching a short course at night in our adult education system. It's called "From idea to story" and they run two to three of them each year, averaging around ten "participants" and me. The structure is two hours of "chalk and talk" followed by an assignment they email to me and I respond to before the next lesson. It keeps me busy and is payment in part to all the people who helped me along the way and wouldn't accept more than my gratitude.
On the writing side, I've signed the contracts for my fourteenth and fifteenth stories and am deep in the research for a story brought to my attention by a Chinese colleague who was researching his family's history in Australia and came across a a Chinese ideograph doodled in the margin of a report written by the longest serving Chinese detective in the Victoria Police. The detective was investigating a murder in the 1875 gold fields ant this was his report of the interview of the prime suspect, who was hung eight weeks later. The ideograph casts strong doubts on the condemned man's guilt and the story behind both men, the detective and the condemned man, is fascinating.
Hope all is well on your side of the Tasman, and say hello to Mister Munro from both of us.

Hi Amy,

It's lovely to hear from you. It sounds as if you're keeping very busy. I really like the sound of your WIP. Fascinating, story. The research must be interesting.

Say hi to Mr. Gallow for me. LOL

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I'm in Michigan and it's raining and will the rest of the week. My husband has a classic 25 year old corvette and I'm sure I'll go to some car shows, with books in hand. I sit in the car and read! I know lame.

Tom is laid off and has been a while due to the economic downturn here. The most exciting thing we may do is go over to the wine distric in Windsor for the day or up north to see some relatives and perhaps visit the sand dunes and go for buggy rides on the Lake Michigan shore. Sleeping Bear Dunes. I hope the weather is nice enough that we can do a lot of any of those! We will be home quite a bit though and I have my books. Good thing my Tom and I get along so well, 24/7 for very long can be harmful to some marriages.

I just love the classic cars. They have such presence - for the lack of a better word. I'm sorry to hear about your husband being laid off. The same sort of thing is happening down here in New Zealand. It's really hard, but at least the economies seem to be perking up a little. I hope this starts to translate into more work. Fingers crossed.

Your summer activities sound like fun!

Shelley

Pamk258
June 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
i love your alien books Are you going to write more of those. they tickled me.

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Hello Shelly -
I don't know how this works. I have posted a couple of things to the chat and they don't appear. I posted the other day and thought after I filled out my information that someone would release me from moderation so I could chat in real time. I will wait around a few more minutes and then I guess I'll just give up. Confused, Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I think you're all set now. At least your messages have appeared here - I can see them.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM
i love your alien books Are you going to write more of those. they tickled me.

Hi Pam,

Thanks! I don't have any more Talking Dogs books underway at present, but I do have a new sci-fi series. The first book is House of the Cat. It's not as humorous as the Talking Dog books, but the characters do have their moments. The next book off the rank in that series will probably be Jannike's story. I intend to start writing it as soon as I finish with the Mitchell twins.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hi Shelley,
Beautiful New Zealand pix on your site. I am adding your books to my TBR list.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Thank you! I hope you enjoy my books.

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 8th, 2010, 11:15 PM
I was told by email to return to the forum so I am back. Hopefully I can get involved in the chat? Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I've been popping in and out. Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to answer.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
June 9th, 2010, 12:11 AM
I have most of your books Shelley and think they're all great. I can't wait for the next in the Middlemarch series.

Are you working on anything else at the moment? I haven't been over to your website lately, so I wanted to know.

Shelley Munro
June 9th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Bec,

Thank you so much! I seem to be working on lots of edits for publishers at the moment with edits for Blue Lady (a Middlemarch story) and The Spurned Viscountess for Carina Press. In my spare time I'm working on the Mitchell twins' story (tentatively called Twin Trouble) and a m/m called Lone Wolf.

I think my recent holiday did me good because I have heaps of ideas bursting for me to spill them out on paper!!

Shelley

Shelley Munro
June 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT:

My husband chose my winner for me....drum roll....

The winner of a download of their choice from my Ellora's Cave backlist is...

lillieblue613

Congratulations! Please email me at shelleymunro AT gmail.com with your choice of download and format.

Congratulations again and thank you all for visiting me.

Shelley

CharmedGirl
June 10th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Congratulations to the winner.

hollie
June 10th, 2010, 04:59 AM
I can't believe i missed this i didn't even do anything on Tuesday. oh well i'll go back and read all the questions when i get home from town

Shelley Munro
June 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Hollie - I'm going to post a scavenger hunt soon in my EC June 2010 thread. I had lots of deadlines at the beginning of the month so I wasn't very organized. Watch for that to go up either today or tomorrow.

Shelley

hollie
June 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hollie - I'm going to post a scavenger hunt soon in my EC June 2010 thread. I had lots of deadlines at the beginning of the month so I wasn't very organized. Watch for that to go up either today or tomorrow.

Shelley

oh yes will do thanks sweetie