PDA

View Full Version : June 2010 Chat -- Join Us!

Pages : [1] 2

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 08:16 AM
The Sweetest Romance Authors helps Coffee Time Romance kick off its second June Jubilee! Join us here for a fun-filled day of book excerpts, contests, prizes, fun, and buckets of coffee and heaping plates of virtual brownies!

We start at 10 a.m. EST. See ya! :)

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Good morning, Coffee Time and guests! Let's get this chat rolling! :)

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:04 AM
:smilingsun:Good Morning Miss Mae,
Happy June Jubilee!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I finally got the right link. Tried to go through the one sent to my Yahoo, but it was taking forever for the page to fill. So, I clicked the old link in my Favorite's List. How is everybody? It's hot in Tennessee!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Okay, let me tell you something I heard on the radio. In the West Indies there are parrots flying around like we have robins, hawks, etc. The parrots eat fruit and berries. Unfortunately, the fruit fermented, so the parrots are flying into things and falling out of their trees. BUT, the people there are picking them up and taking them to centers to be dried out and releasing them. Quite a story - huh?

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Good morning, Gail. So good to see you. :) My net still has the hiccups. I can tell it's gonna be one of those days! Ugh!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
:smilingsun:Good Morning Laurean.

Laurean
That's wonderful that those people care that much for the parrots.

Miss Mae
Okay, let me tell you something I heard on the radio. In the West Indies there are parrots flying around like we have robins, hawks, etc. The parrots eat fruit and berries. Unfortunately, the fruit fermented, so the parrots are flying into things and falling out of their trees. BUT, the people there are picking them up and taking them to centers to be dried out and releasing them. Quite a story - huh?

I saw something about that on the net. Poor drunk birds! LOL

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Good morning, everyone!

Gail, I can't imagine drunk birds flying around. What a sight that must be!

Laurean
Good morning, Gail. How are you doing?

Gail Pallotta
Good morning, Gail. So good to see you. :) My net still has the hiccups. I can tell it's gonna be one of those days! Ugh!
That's all right. You are good at handling those ornery computers.

Miss Mae
That's wonderful that those people care that much for the parrots.

Hi Laurie,

It's hot and muggy here too, already have the a/c going. We got some good rain last night, but it's left behind a ton of humidity!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Hey, maybe those birds got a nip of Miss Mae's recipe! ???

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'm doing great! It's hot in Georgia too, and no ocean breeze.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hey, maybe those birds got a nip of Miss Mae's recipe! ???
Poor things, they may have gotten into grandpappy's lemonade.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hello! Thought I'd get a quick reply to that. Is everyone tipsied out on the "Recipe"?

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Good Morning, E. A. How are you?:smilingsun:

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Good Morning, E. A. How are you?:smilingsun:
I'm doing well. Looking at the sunshine outside my office window and thinking I may have to sneak outside to enjoy it for a while at some point. :turned:

Laurean
I just finished a 12 oz. cup of hot chocolate with about 4 oz. coffee added. Sort of a hot mocha. Hope the lite coffee keeps me awake. Had another one of those insomniac nights.

Worried about Mom. She saw a snake in her house, struck his tail crawling under a bedroom door, but the thing fled. She called my brother, who lives a stone's throw away, but he could NOT find it.

I was there yesterday, but when she started telling me about the snake, I couldn't leave fast enough. I wanted her to get out too, but she's not even scared in the least

Gail Pallotta
Miss Mae, Laurie and E. A.,
What's new in your writing world?

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Laurie, I just have to share my recipe with everyone, especially on such hot summer days!

smilies/champagne5.g

Even those parrots love it! :Parrot:

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Good grief, no wonder you got no sleep! Is there a pest catcher company in the area. We had to have a nature center come to our house once and get a raccoon that wouldn't move from behind our garbage can.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Laurie, I just have to share my recipe with everyone, especially on such hot summer days!

smilies/champagne5.g

Even those parrots love it! :Parrot:
Oh, what a cute parrot!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
If snakes are non-poisonous, I say "live and let live" but NOT in my house!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I'm doing well. Looking at the sunshine outside my office window and thinking I may have to sneak outside to enjoy it for a while at some point. :turned:
That sounds like a great idea! My daughter is visiting, and she loves to go out to lunch and sit on a patio. I'm hoping that's what we do later.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Gail, you asked what's new with me. The latest is that I've just found a Kindle edition of "It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred" up at Amazon. I contacted Amazon and requested a take down, as all rights belong to me from that publisher. They wrote back, said "no can do", it must be from that pub. So I wrote the pub, and though she was very nice about it (new owner), she admitted she had put it up because she THOUGHT I was still there! She said she made it inactive, but as of right now it's still active. I'm giving it until Sunday to see what can be done, but someone needs to get that down!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Here's how she described the snake. She said it was turquoise, like this screen background, with yellow spots. Never heard of one like that.

He...Miss Mae, you didn't visit my mother, and offer her a dose of your lemonade, did you?

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:26 AM
No, I sure didn't, Laurie. Now that sounds like an unusual snake!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Gosh! We authors have so much to deal with. I hope you get it settled soon.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM
My internet is driving me crazy. It's so slllloooowww, and then won't connect as it says "connection has been reset". Grrr...:hissyfit:

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Worried about Mom. She saw a snake in her house, struck his tail crawling under a bedroom door, but the thing fled. She called my brother, who lives a stone's throw away, but he could NOT find it.

As long as the snake isn't venomous, there's not much to worry about. It'll find its way outside eventually, probably when it gets hungry. Besides, snakes tend to be shy critters and your mom probably scared at least a few months off its life.

My sister-in-law found a snake in her basement last year. My brother caught it and wanted to keep it as a pet (it was a baby ribbon snake). After some discussion, they gave it to me as a birthday present, and Mr. Squiggles now happily resides in a tank with a lid held down by rocks. As adorable as the little guy is, I'd rather not have him loose. LOL :)

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I want to get this settled too, Laurie, as this is contracted with my new publisher and she'll be giving me a release date any time now! I don't want readers to get confused!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
:sofa:How's the new site, Miss Mae? Can you get all your books on it?

Miss Mae
As long as the snake isn't venomous, there's not much to worry about. It'll find its way outside eventually, probably when it gets hungry. Besides, snakes tend to be shy critters and your mom probably scared at least a few months off its life.

My sister-in-law found a snake in her basement last year. My brother caught it and wanted to keep it as a pet (it was a baby ribbon snake). After some discussion, they gave it to me as a birthday present, and Mr. Squiggles now happily resides in a tank with a lid held down by rocks. As adorable as the little guy is, I'd rather not have him loose. LOL :)

All I can say to that, Liz, is "whoa!" :)

Laurean
Miss Mae, I know you remember Oscar Ellwood, the goofy character in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS? Well, I'm working on a story about him and Trudy for Victory Tales' Humor collection next summer. I should be working on my Christmas submit, but nothing's struck me yet.

I'm having a lot of fun with this short story. Oscar's mother is determined to keep her precious son from Trudy. Everything from hiding his car keys to locking him in his bedroom. But, nothing works. LOLOLOLOLOL. You will have to read it. I think you'll get a kick out of it.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Wow, Miss Mae, I can't imagine a publisher not knowing who is still an author with them and who isn't. That should be in the files and easy to find. I hope everything gets straightened out soon!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Gail, you asked what's new with me. The latest is that I've just found a Kindle edition of "It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred" up at Amazon. I contacted Amazon and requested a take down, as all rights belong to me from that publisher. They wrote back, said "no can do", it must be from that pub. So I wrote the pub, and though she was very nice about it (new owner), she admitted she had put it up because she THOUGHT I was still there! She said she made it inactive, but as of right now it's still active. I'm giving it until Sunday to see what can be done, but someone needs to get that down!
That's heavy. There are so many things to deal with. It's no fun to think someone else just takes your rights.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Miss Mae, I know you remember Oscar Ellwood, the goofy character in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS? Well, I'm working on a story about him and Trudy for Victory Tales' Humor collection next summer. I should be working on my Christmas submit, but nothing's struck me yet.

I'm having a lot of fun with this short story. Oscar's mother is determined to keep her precious son from Trudy. Everything from hiding his car keys to locking him in his bedroom. But, nothing works. LOLOLOLOLOL. You will have to read it. I think you'll get a kick out of it.
That sounds like a fun read, Laurie!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks, Gail. Oscar was the typical mama's boy in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS. He was chasing my heroine, Jenny, for a while...until he met Trudy. But mother will see to that. At least she will try. My favorite scene so far is where mother locks him in his second-story bedroom prior to a date with Trudy. She pretends the door is stuck.

Never fear, Oscar has a plan. When Mother opens the door a few minutes later, Oscar has vanished. The open window tells the story. Or should I say, the open window with a chain made from tying dozens of socks together to make a good rope.

Mother looks down from the window. Oscar waves goodbye. "Toodle-loo!"

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 10:42 AM

Sounds like a great story, Laurie, one that will have readers laughing out loud.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:44 AM
:sofa:How's the new site, Miss Mae? Can you get all your books on it?

Gail, all my books are up there, they each have their own page. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
The washing machine just beeped me. Sometimes it goes off at the same time as the microwave and the phone, and I don't know which way to turn.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Like you, Miss Mae, I didn't think Oscar's character would make it as a full-length, but as a comedic short story...yeah, I could see that. Not that you'd fall in love with him, but...he and mom are great for laughs.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Gail, all my books are up there, they each have their own page. :)
That's wonderful!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Laurie, the short story about Oscar sounds like a winner! :)

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Gail. Oscar was the typical mama's boy in JOURNEY TO FORGIVENESS. He was chasing my heroine, Jenny, for a while...until he met Trudy. But mother will see to that. At least she will try. My favorite scene so far is where mother locks him in his second-story bedroom prior to a date with Trudy. She pretends the door is stuck.

Never fear, Oscar has a plan. When Mother opens the door a few minutes later, Oscar has vanished. The open window tells the story. Or should I say, the open window with a chain made from tying dozens of socks together to make a good rope.

Mother looks down from the window. Oscar waves goodbye. "Toodle-loo!"
Ahh, that sounds like so much fun. I have Journey to Forgiveness on my TBR list.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Ha! Ha! Gail. That reminds me. We have a bird who stays close to the house, and keep our windows open most of the time. The bird sounds just like the phone ringing. Br-r-r-i-n-n-g-g! I've almost answered it a couple times.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I hope you enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I can't access the Smashwords site. Don't know if it's my bad net today, or if they are undergoing maintenance. Can anyone else get there?

I was wanting to offer coupons on my books!

So, let's talk books now.....

Gail, Laurie, Liz, what's happening with your wonderful books? :)

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Two authors, who would probably rather remain anonymous, have emailed to say, "Over The Coals" touched their hearts. And my 85-year-old former supervisor, who purchased "Jonquils in the Snow" booklet at Saturday's signing, had her church secretary email to say how much she enjoyed the story, and would like to read more.

The secretary, whom I also worked with, is now reading the story.

Who could ask for higher compliments?

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Smashwords loads just fine for me, so it sounds like your internet connection is acting up again.

What's new in my writing? I'm doing some last minute polishing and writing a synopsis for my inspirational time travel romance. After more than a year of work, it's finally finished. Woohoo! Now I just have to go through the nail-biting submission process and hope for a contract. :sweatdrop:

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Ha! Ha! Gail. That reminds me. We have a bird who stays close to the house, and keep our windows open most of the time. The bird sounds just like the phone ringing. Br-r-r-i-n-n-g-g! I've almost answered it a couple times.
Now, that would really have me hoping.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:09 AM
This book is available for sale in print FINALLY at Amazon! (http://www.amazon.com/See-No-Evil-Pretty-Lady/dp/tags-on-product/1452808155)There is even a sneak peek inside! And check out the great reviews by Lynn and EA West while you're there. :)

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Two authors, who would probably rather remain anonymous, have emailed to say, "Over The Coals" touched their hearts. And my 85-year-old former supervisor, who purchased "Jonquils in the Snow" booklet at Saturday's signing, had her church secretary email to say how much she enjoyed the story, and would like to read more.

The secretary, whom I also worked with, is now reading the story.

Who could ask for higher compliments?
That is so cool, Laurie! Congratulations on the warm reception your writing is receiving. smilies/beer1.gif

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Smashwords loads just fine for me, so it sounds like your internet connection is acting up again.

What's new in my writing? I'm doing some last minute polishing and writing a synopsis for my inspirational time travel romance. After more than a year of work, it's finally finished. Woohoo! Now I just have to go through the nail-biting submission process and hope for a contract. :sweatdrop:
Congratulations! I'm finishing up a manuscript too, but I'm not quite through yet. You should go outside in the sunshine and celebrate.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Good Morning, everyone--
I finally figured out where the Sweeties were chatting today by clicking on links in my email. I had a hard time entering the forum today because I kept clicking on the board that said June Jubilee Chat--which ends after a few comments yesterday. I never saw this JUNE 2010 folder but somehow I made it in.

Hope everyone's books are doing well. Congrats on the great reviews and feedback (Gail & Laurean & whomever else I missed).

It is a beautiful day today here in GA and we have a church picnic this evening so with the chat and all, should be a wonderful day!

Happy Jubilee Day! Hope we make lots more *sweet* friendz!

:smilingsun::smilingsun::smilingsun:

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:11 AM
That is so cool, Laurie! Congratulations on the warm reception your writing is receiving. smilies/beer1.gif
Congratulations Laurie!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:12 AM
This book is available for sale in print FINALLY at Amazon! (http://www.amazon.com/See-No-Evil-Pretty-Lady/dp/tags-on-product/1452808155)There is even a sneak peek inside! And check out the great reviews by Lynn and EA West while you're there. :)
All right, I can't wait to read more suspense!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Congratulations, Gail and EA. Nothing is second to finishing a ms, unless it's the release of it.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:13 AM
:smilingsun:Good morning, Danielle!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Sounds like the mocking birds we have. I was sitting on my front porch one afternoon and listened to a symphony of different bird calls from only two birds. The best part was when they started imitating sounds from video games. There's nothing quite like a bird making that ever popular laser beam sound. :roflmao:

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Morning, Danielle! Glad you found us. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Congratulations, Gail and EA. Nothing is second to finishing a ms, unless it's the release of it.
The release of it would be exciting.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I need to go spend some time with my daughter, who is visiting. But, I'll be back later this afternoon.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Enjoy your time w/ your daughter, Gail, and thanks for the welcomes this morning, you all.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi, Danielle! :)

Gail, enjoy your daughter! :) And take some virtual brownies for your visit too. :)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hi to all our visitors dropping by our Sweet Romance Authors chat today: I'm Danielle, signing off most places as daniellethorne, and am an author of historical and contemporary romances. This July 1st my newest release, BY HEART AND COMPASS will be out with Desert Breeze publishing:

Genealogist Lacey Whitman prefers the dead, so her heart must be her compass as she goes head to head with the only living man who can help her find a centuries old pirate ship.

You can find out more about it and my other sweet romantic adventure novels at my website listed below in my signature.

We love reading, writing, reviewing, and just chatting about our day to day challenges and successes. Stick around today and hang out with us. You might make some very special friends.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Danielle/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Good morning, Dani. How are you, girl?

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
All right! Got to Smashwords, and generated my coupons!

For Dove Island (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4934), this is 1/2 off with coupon MP33P. This little story won 2nd place in the Short Story Category of Romance at P&E's 2009 Readers Poll. :)

Here is the blurb:

Christopher’s dedicated his allegiance to the Church. But that’s before he meets Roxanne, his cousin’s betrothed. Aboard the ship appointed for the honeymoon voyage, he fears losing her not to his cousin, but to a barbaric pirate attack. Will he live long enough to confess she holds his heart?

And for those who'd rather read See No Evil, My Pretty Lady (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/13752)electronically, it's 1/3 off with coupon KL76Z. This book has won Find a Great Romance award, and a Top Ten Read of 2008.

Here is the blurb:

New maid Dorcy Edwards flees the scene of where her employer's body is found. His murder sparks a chain of macabre events. Cloistered on a remote island with five strangers, including Gareth Davenport, her late employer's brooding, but darkly handsome heir, Dorcy encounters baffling questions with what she fears may be terrifying answers. Who cut the telegraph lines? Who left a mutilated animal carcass outside her bedroom door? What is the reason for Gareth's black gloves and eye patch? Can he be "Jack the Ripper", the madman suspected to be Mr. Davenport's killer? Dorcy must solve the mystery, and soon, or her growing attraction for Gareth could be her very death sentence.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Danielle, I'm enjoying this story, though I was so dismayed about Caesar, and then about McAllister! I haven't figured out Bertrand yet, but I am definitely attracted to him! :)

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I think the release is better, just because it means the editing process is over and done with. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I think the release is better, just because it means the editing process is over and done with. Bouncy Icon Smilie

Here, here, EA. I agree! :)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Good morning, Dani. How are you, girl?

I'm doing good, Laurean, thanks. Pretty busy for summer, but aren't we all.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM
EA, great! You are now "official" at Miss Mae's site! Thank you! :)

If anyone out there in Reader Land would like to become a member of my website (http://www.missmaesite.com), (a nifty feature included there, really cool), come over to the members page (http://www.missmaesite.com/apps/members/membersList), click "join site". After approval, you must come to the same page, click "join site" again. When the form pops up, click "already a member? sign in here". Use your email addy and password, and then complete your profile. After that, you are "official".!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I'm going to duck out for a while to grab some lunch and work on my synopsis. I'll be back later on this afternoon for more chatting and fun!

For now, I'll leave you with an excerpt from Light in the Darkness (http://shop.dianakaypublishing.com/product.sc?productId=16&categoryId=1), a mystery with a hint of romance. Enjoy!

Excerpt:

Kennedy went back the way he’d come and passed through the last doorway, stopping in amazement. The huge room was lined with cobwebby wooden shelves, some of which held a few dust-covered canning jars. A pair of wooden bins with sloping lids and three old wooden barrels with age-darkened metal rings stood in the middle of the floor. He couldn’t help wondering if the room had held a year’s worth of food in the days of horse-drawn carriages. It looked large enough.

He found a switch on the wall and turned on the lights. Two of the three bulbs hanging from the ceiling flashed bright then went out, and he made a mental note to come back later to change them. Louise likely wouldn’t ever come in her basement again, but it would give her peace of mind to know the lights worked. He set the flashlight on one of the shelves near the door and walked over to the bins and barrels. Empty. He glanced around the room one more time, not seeing anything that would make any kind of noise without human help, and there weren’t any tracks to indicate anyone had been down there in the last six months.

He retrieved his flashlight and reached for the light switch. A tapping sound from the far side of the room stilled his hand. He turned around, but all he saw were empty shelves and a spider busily spinning a web in the corner. The tapping grew more frantic as he slowly approached the shelves.

“Hello? Is somebody there?”

The tapping stopped. “Help me! Please, get me out of here!” a hysterical female voice called, muffled by the wood-backed shelves.

It took Kennedy a moment to recover from the shock of actually getting a reply. “Keep tapping so I can figure out where you are.”

The tapping continued and so did the voice, though it now sounded like the woman was crying. “Please hurry! I have to get out of here! Please...”

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Light in the Darkness was great, EA!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Danielle, I'm enjoying this story, though I was so dismayed about Caesar, and then about McAllister! I haven't figured out Bertrand yet, but I am definitely attracted to him! :)

Thank you, Miss Mae. :euro:

Actually, THE PRIVATEER will only be available until September 1st and then I will be leaving its current publisher. The original, uncut novel will be re-released sometime next January under a new contract.

And yes--I am attracted, committed, and in crazy love with Captain Bertrand. My first pirate! :turned:

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yea-ah! Some fresh excerpts from one of my to-be-reads I'm anxious to get a hold of. I'm really looking forward to this one, EA!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Light in the Darkness was great, EA!

Yes? Have you read this one, Miss Mae? It sounds fantastico. How weird would that be to walk down into a basement and discover someone is trapped behind a wall? Eerie.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Thank you, Miss Mae. :euro:

Actually, THE PRIVATEER will only be available until September 1st and then I will be leaving its current publisher. The original, uncut novel will be re-released sometime next January under a new contract.

And yes--I am attracted, committed, and in crazy love with Captain Bertrand. My first pirate! :turned:

Dani, do you have a new contract for it yet?

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
EA, great! You are now "official" at Miss Mae's site! Thank you! :)

If anyone out there in Reader Land would like to become a member of my website (http://www.missmaesite.com), (a nifty feature included there, really cool), come over to the members page (http://www.missmaesite.com/apps/members/membersList), click "join site". After approval, you must come to the same page, click "join site" again. When the form pops up, click "already a member? sign in here". Use your email addy and password, and then complete your profile. After that, you are "official".!

Thanks for the instructions--I got the email and now I get how to do that!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Yes? Have you read this one, Miss Mae? It sounds fantastico. How weird would that be to walk down into a basement and discover someone is trapped behind a wall? Eerie.

Yes, I've read it, and loved, it! :)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Dani, do you have a new contract for it yet?

Not officially but I do have an interested party and unofficial agreement. Looking sooo forward to sitting down this summer and re-editing it to make it even better.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Miss Mae, I clicked on Amazon to read inside your book. The cover is incredible. You did a great job! But when I hit "read inside this book", the server took a timeout. I waited several minutes, then refreshed. Still can't read it. Guess you'll have to type out an excerpt. ??

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Yes, I've read it, and loved, it! :)

I think I'll pick that one up this weekend. I'm on a two week break from editing for a pub comp and myself--so I need a care-free read!

By the way--hope things are going well with your new cover and release at Whimsical--IT'S ELEMENTARY, DEAR WINIFRED. And if any lurkers out there haven't picked up Miss Mae's little short, DOVE ISLAND, I recommend that one, too.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Danielle, I am craving to read an excerpt or two of your newly contracted Regency, Josette. (http://whimsicalpublications.com/comingsoon.html) How about it??? :)

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Miss Mae, I clicked on Amazon to read inside your book. The cover is incredible. You did a great job! But when I hit "read inside this book", the server took a timeout. I waited several minutes, then refreshed. Still can't read it. Guess you'll have to type out an excerpt. ??

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry. I hate when that happens!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Laurean--

May I ask how are things going with JONQUILS in the SNOW at Smashwords? Are you happy w/ them as a publisher?

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Danielle, I am craving to read an excerpt or two of your newly contracted Regency, Josette. (http://whimsicalpublications.com/comingsoon.html) How about it??? :)

Thanks so much for asking, Miss Mae. I'm really excited about JOSETTE's winter release. A little nervous, too, being it's my first Regency.

Here's a little blurb:

Josette Price sees her future in Beddingfield Park. While her brother, George,
needlessly pursues a naval career, she promises to watch over their beloved parents and the park estate. Nothing would make Josette happier than to see her sister and her self settled within the palings of Beddingfield. But dark, brooding Captain Carter rides into their lives with news that ruins everything: George has been lost at sea.

Learning the Park is entailed to their cousin, Edward, Josette must decide between marrying her fickle relation or helping her besotted sister trap him in her stead. Only Captain Carter and his delightfully spinsterish relatives can stop the Price girls from making a choice that would be the greatest tragedy of all.

JOSETTE is going to available in both options, print and e-book, so readers will have a choice in how they want to read it. I think that's just great!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Here you go, Laurie. :)

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/Users/Lula/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} h1 {mso-style-next:Normal; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:center; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-font-kerning:0pt;} p.MsoHeader, li.MsoHeader, div.MsoHeader {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} p.MsoFooter, li.MsoFooter, div.MsoFooter {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; tab-stops:center 3.0in right 6.0in; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} span.text {mso-style-name:text;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1477648217; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-132866336 67698705 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-text:"%1\)"; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in;} ol {margin-bottom:0in;} ul {margin-bottom:0in;} --> </style>[I]

CHAPTER ONE

<!----> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
Dorcy rushed through the doorway, grabbing the hand railing to keep from falling down the slippery steps. Swirling fog cocooned her, the impenetrable moisture abruptly halting her frenzied flight.

[I]Mr. Davenport!<o></o>

The scream resonated long and loud inside her mind. With stunning clarity the image she’d seen rammed into her consciousness—a figure sprawled on the library floor, white shirt soaked with blood, the hilt of a knife stuck in his belly.
Numb with shock, she stood unmoving as the air erupted with noise. Hooves clattering against the cobble-stoned street signaled an approaching rider. Through a parting in the shifting fog she stared toward the corner gas lamp. Beneath its arcing light trotted a snorting gelding, a shrunken visage of a man hunched over the animal’s neck.

“A body’s been found in Mitre Square.” Raising his prune wrinkled face, the old man shrilled out his warning. “Lock yer doors. Stay inside.”

He spurred the horse down the street and the pair disappeared into the mist. His high, thin cry merged with the fading echo of the steed’s departing hoof beats. Dorcy inhaled a shuddering breath, the sudden odor of human body sweat alerting her to someone’s presence.

A deep, unfamiliar voice said, “Madame, I have some business with you.”

Gasping, she whirled to flee. But a strong hand gripped her arm and flung her against the wall of the house. Knocked breathless, she opened her mouth to scream.

“Oh no, my pretty lady.” Vise-like fingers clamped on her throat, preventing sound. “I think you’ll be telling no one that you saw me.”

She clawed at the attacker’s hand, her nails slashing his flesh as she fought to loosen his hold. Through the ringing crescendo of blood in her ears she heard the barking of a dog. The man jerked back and Dorcy twisted away. He grabbed at her, clenching her shoulder. She lashed out, her fists beating against the rough texture of his jacket. Strength born out of terrified desperation she tore herself free, squealing with pain as his fingers raked down her arm.

View the video (http://www.missmaesite.com/seenoevilbookpage.htm) at my site, in print now at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/See-No-Evil-Pretty-Lady/dp/1452808155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274651891&sr=1-1)and B&N. (http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=see+no+evil%2C+my+pretty+lady)

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Sure am, Dani. I haven't made many "money" sales from "Jonquils," (could be because I gave away several free downloads to friends). But I'm signed up with Operation E-book which allows free downloads to deployed soldiers, and they've taken 20 downloads. Makes me feel great to know they are reading what I write.

Also, I got this brilliant idea to make booklets from "Jonquils," to sell at signings. At Smashwords, you retain your rights, so it's legit. I sold 6 booklets at Saturday's signing. Which reminds me, I have to make more for the signing tomorrow. But the booklet, probably because I priced it at $3.50, sold more than my regular print books. They are cute, if I can say so, that pretty yellow ribbon running through the holes "I" punched to tie the booklet together.

And the cover is awesome! Did you know Miss Mae created the cover? Yep!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I think you're doing wonderfully, Laurie, with your signings and gaining some recognition. And I think your Jonquils booklet is probably absolutely lovely! :)

Dani, Josette will have a winter release? That's super fast, congrats! You can count on me to buy an AUTOGRAPHED print copy! I can't wait until Anastasia does your cover. I know it'll be awesome! :)

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Wow! This is good. Way too visual for a weak stomach.

I could hear the hooves on the cobblestone, hear the horse snort, and even smell him. We won't talk about the blood. Gives me the creeps, but I could see that knife stuck in the man's belly. (Laurie, swooning, but trying not to faint.)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM
You are so brave to be doing book signings, Laurean! And congrats on the booklets. That's a very good idea--ever thought about burning them on cd's too? There's a program now that will burn the image of your book cover on the top of the cd.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM
SEE NO EVIL MY PRETTY LADY excerpt was great! I love that era--but I wouldn't have wanted to run in to the Ripper, must say.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Jill Landers isn't so sure of her ability to judge character, anymore. When the ditzy blonde hung all over Rob Canter at the cookout, she'd pegged him an egotistical flirt.

But after the cookout, when she and Rob were alone, Rob reveals a different side. What is he masking? Jill determines to dig for the truth. But...will she be prepared for the the truth her excavation unearths?

Over The Coals is part of a 5-author romance collaboration from A Summer Collection Anthology. You can read excerpts of all 5 romances at Smashwords. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14519 Using promo code, YV52C, you can download for $3.99 until June 30. Check it out. Get a 20% dowload for free!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
SEE NO EVIL MY PRETTY LADY excerpt was great! I love that era--but I wouldn't have wanted to run in to the Ripper, must say.

LOL, neither would I, Danielle! :)

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I'm so inept when it comes to techology, Dani. I'd need someone to show me how to "burn" a cd. What I plan to look into, (Miss Mae's suggestion) is better quality paper for the cover. I need one slightly bigger than the 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in order to cover properly.

But then I'd need to raise the price of the booklet. Not sure how much a person would be willing pay for 73 pages. I plan to cut the font size, also to save money, so the next ones may be around 45-50 pages.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Jill Landers isn't so sure of her ability to judge character, anymore. When the ditzy blonde hung all over Rob Canter at the cookout, she'd pegged him an egotistical flirt.

But after the cookout, when she and Rob were alone, Rob reveals a different side. What is he masking? Jill determines to dig for the truth. But...will she be prepared for the the truth her excavation unearths?

Over The Coals is part of a 5-author romance collaboration from A Summer Collection Anthology. You can read excerpts of all 5 romances at Smashwords. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14519 Using promo code, YV52C, you can download for $3.99 until June 30. Check it out. Get a 20% dowload for free!

Over the Coals was darling, Laurie. You sure captured the atmosphere of a backyard barbecue, volleyball game, and then picking peaches off a tree to a T. Yum, you made me hungry! :)

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Dani, the book signings don't take courage, just patience. You can sit for 30 minutes while people just walk past and ignore you. But when you do make a sale, it's worth the wait.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
What did you think of "Bubba?" You know, every Southern get-together needs a Bubba.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
There should always be a Bubba! LOL

My net is terrible today! Grrrr!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I need to get offline and make a couple "Jonquils" booklets for tomorrow's signing. I'll come back when I get those done. I need to make at least 4 today.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Morning, all! Yes, it's still morning here. I see you guys have been chatting up a storm already! I'll be boppin' in and out throughout the day. Right now I'm boppin' in. :) How is everyone so far this fine (and very hot) June day?

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I won't be posting any excerpts from my medieval romances Loyalty's Web and Illuminations of the Heart today because I'm having my own personal June Jubilee chat in my own Joyce DiPastena Forum (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1094) in the Authors Corner tomorrow! (June 11, if you're reading this late.) I hope you'll join me then. I'll be sharing some never-before-shared excerpts from both my books AND holding a giveaway for a copy of each of my books, plus a few little "just for fun" giveaways along the way. :yes:

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Am I late to the party again?
I've been playing catch-up all morning. The first week of my vacation is going by soooo fast. And I haven't gotten anything done that I had planned to do. Oh well.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Although I won't be holding my personal contests/giveaways until tomorrow, some author friends and I are holding a Summer Treasure Hunt: Dig for Clues and Win (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/05/2nd-annual-summer-treasure-hunt-dig-for_20.html) contest, where we're giving away a prize a day from June 1-July 8. Most are books (some romances, some not), but there are a few non-book prizes in the mix too. So if you love treasure hunts and love winning prizes, hop on over to my JDP NEWS (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com/2010/05/2nd-annual-summer-treasure-hunt-dig-for_20.html) blog and take a look!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Dani, the book signings don't take courage, just patience. You can sit for 30 minutes while people just walk past and ignore you. But when you do make a sale, it's worth the wait.

LOL--you sell yourself short I think, Laurean. For a socially anxious person like me--the sitting while people walked by would be excruciating. That's why I so admire you--and you do have courage! Tons of it!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Am I late to the party again?
I've been playing catch-up all morning. The first week of my vacation is going by soooo fast. And I haven't gotten anything done that I had planned to do. Oh well.

How cool of you to come chat when your on vacation! I hope you take some time off though and rest your finger and brain!

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Welcome, Anne! I know that "going by soooo fast, haven't gotten anything done I'd planned to do" feeling all too well!

I don't know where everyone else is right now, but I'm here. Hi! What's new and exciting on your end?

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Hey, Danielle! Look, Anne, Danielle's here too! :)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Morning, all! Yes, it's still morning here. I see you guys have been chatting up a storm already! I'll be boppin' in and out throughout the day. Right now I'm boppin' in. :) How is everyone so far this fine (and very hot) June day?

Great to see you. Hope the June Summer Treasure Hunt is going well. I sent my prize off to my June 7th winner yesterday and she was soo sweet--I sent her a copy of my book, too!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hey, Danielle! Look, Anne, Danielle's here too! :)

yah--i snuck out for a shower an hour ago but i'm back to see what's up.

Are you gals going to post any blurbs or covers today? Now's a great time, I saw a bunch this morning from some other folks who dropped by.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Amazon Nymph gave Ties That Bind the Golden Blush Recommended
Read review! WooHoo!

"Anyone that loves intense mystery and suspense stories is going to
love Ties That Bind. The author has a way of keeping you on your toes
as you read this book. There are so many twists that you will have a
difficult time guessing who the killer is. Ms. Patrick keeps you
guessing until you get close to the end of the book. I actually guessed
wrong, but the man could have been the killer from the clues the author
dropped. This story has a lot of romantic and subtle Christian
undertones but they don't detract from the mystery. I could not put
this one down...Ties That Bind is one book to be placed on every
mystery lover's bookshelf to be read more than once."

http://www.suspensebyanne.blogspot.com/

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Oh wow! What a great review! It's so cool that readers are engaged by your Christian influenced suspense. Congrats! Whoo-hoo all day long! I've got to go check out this Golden Blush award. You must be tickled pink! (No pun intended)

Amazon Nymph gave Ties That Bind the Golden Blush Recommended
Read review! WooHoo!

"Anyone that loves intense mystery and suspense stories is going to
love Ties That Bind. The author has a way of keeping you on your toes
as you read this book. There are so many twists that you will have a
difficult time guessing who the killer is. Ms. Patrick keeps you
guessing until you get close to the end of the book. I actually guessed
wrong, but the man could have been the killer from the clues the author
dropped. This story has a lot of romantic and subtle Christian
undertones but they don't detract from the mystery. I could not put
this one down...Ties That Bind is one book to be placed on every
mystery lover's bookshelf to be read more than once."

http://www.suspensebyanne.blogspot.com/

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Sheriff Austin Garrett enlists the help of FBI profiler, Jo McDaniels, to help him solve a string of murders plaguing his community. Unlike most profilers Jo has an unusual gift that allows her to get to know the victims better than anyone else. She not only feels their emotions; she feels their pain. But the last time she relied on her physic ability it almost cost her career as well as her sanity. As the case progresses and the body count rises they soon realize that Jo’s sanity isn’t all that is at risk. She has become the killer’s next target.
Excerpt:

Austin watched as the beautiful young agent examined the body. He waited for her to flinch or to show some facial reaction to the horrific sight, but none came. How could she not be affected by what she saw? More than half a dozen men so far had lost a meal at one time or another over the course of the last two weeks, including him, yet she knelt there, her eyes fixed on the body as if it were someone merely sleeping. Curious as to what she found so fascinating, he crept further down the incline, using the cover of the trees to obscure his location. Judging from the puzzled expression on the face of the ME.s assistant, he seemed just as intrigued by the woman’s behavior as he stood quietly to one side, his eyes leveled on her.

After several seconds, the agent slid the sheet back to reveal the length of the victim.

Then leaning over the body she appeared to be checking the ankles for any signs of ligature marks. Had she asked, he could have told her there weren’t any on either the ankles or the wrists. Decapitation was the only visible sign of injury on all of the victims. He watched as she moved to the feet and toes, taking note of how careful she was not to touch the body. Not that it mattered, he suspected, like the others, the body would reveal no trace evidence or finger prints that would lead them to the killer.

“Sheriff, could I see you a minute,” Jo asked.

He stepped out into the open just as she turned, still squatting next to the body. “Find something?”

“Actually it’s something you’d already found.” She carefully lifted the woman’s hand.

“The finger nails. You mentioned in your report that you suspected they’d been clipped to eliminate trace evidence.”

“Yeah. So?”

“So what if he did it so as to obscure their identities as well?”

“How’s getting rid of their nails going to hinder the identity process?”

“Not so much their physical identity, but the lifestyle they led,” she answered. Taking the

Woman’s hand, Jo held it so that he could view the tips of the fingers. “When I first reviewed the file you sent, I suspected these women were prostitutes and that’s why they hadn’t been reported missing. But what if they aren’t? Notice how the cuticles are trimmed but the polish has been removed. This woman has had regular manicures.”

“If these women are likely to be missed, then why haven’t they been reported missing?”

“I’ve been giving that some thought,” Jo said and carefully replaced the woman’s hand.

She then turned, her elbows resting on her knees, and gazed up at him, “What if they aren’t missing yet?”

“A vacation or a business trip?”

She shrugged her shoulder. “Could be.”

He grinned. “Thanks, Jo.” The corner of her mouth came up, as did one eyebrow, and he realized what he’d just done. “Or would you rather I call you Special Agent McDaniels? I’d hate to get my ass kicked by a girl.”

The smile that followed was like a ray of sunshine after a day’s downpour. “Jo is fine.” Then just as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared, as her gaze returned to the headless corpse.

You can purchase the ebook now at Awe-Struck Publishing (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/www.awe-struck.net/books/ties_that_bind.html). It'll go to print later this summer.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
You can find the link to the review on my blog. I didn't post it here because it is a spicy site. I'm thrilled they liked my book.

Oh wow! What a great review! It's so cool that readers are engaged by your Christian influenced suspense. Congrats! Whoo-hoo all day long! I've got to go check out this Golden Blush award. You must be tickled pink! (No pun intended)

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:27 PM
And thank you, Dani. I am tickled pink :-)

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Very good excerpt. I love suspense with lots of forensic detail.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I think it says a lot when a multi-genre/heat level review sites gives thumbs up to sweet romances.

You can find the link to the review on my blog. I didn't post it here because it is a spicy site. I'm thrilled they liked my book.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Great to see you. Hope the June Summer Treasure Hunt is going well. I sent my prize off to my June 7th winner yesterday and she was soo sweet--I sent her a copy of my book, too!

Wow, Danielle! Thanks for throwing in a copy of your book. I'll bet our winner loved that! And thanks so much for participating in our Summer Treasure Hunt contest!

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I'm also thrilled to announce that Out of the Darkness was chosen 'Publishers Pick' for June by Champagne Books. Here's the blurb and short excerpt from it.

When former FBI profiler, Alex Michaels, is forced into hiding by the serial killer who murdered her twin sister and left her with a career ending injury, she begins to take stock of her life. Meeting up with an ex-pro football player who is also facing an uncertain future, Alex makes Royce McIntire an offer he can’t refuse.

Excerpt:
The room was dark as he entered. Bypassing the light switch, he flipped on the TV and sat in the only chair in the room. He then picked up the remote and turned on the VCR.

“It is of my opinion we have a serial killer at work here. The victims are similar in background and appearance. The ways in which they were murdered are identical, and the victims were all recovered from the river.”

“Do you have any leads, Agent Michaels?”

“With these murders, important evidence is missing. All we have are the bodies. We don’t have a crime scene and we don’t know where the bodies were dumped into the river. This leads me to believe we have a very sophisticated killer. He’s familiar with police procedure. He knows by dumping the bodies into the river he is eliminating any evidence such as hair, fiber or semen.

“I believe he is Caucasian. Twenty-five to thirty years old. Five-eight to six feet tall, slim to medium build. He is muscular, may work out in a gym. He’s educated, undergraduate level, a thinker who takes great pride in planning things out. He is socially inactive. He hasn’t much experience with women either because of his appearance or lack of self-confidence. He has a criminal background, most likely juvenile offenses, either arson or petty larceny. I believe he may have committed his first murder during his preteens, but went unpunished. A major change or event has taken place in his life within the last six months, triggering his violent behavior: Either the loss of a job or promotion, or breakup with a girlfriend. I believe he is from the Joliet area and he quite possibly knew the first victim, Crystal Byers.”

“You said he knows police procedure. Any possibility he is in law enforcement?”

“Anything is possible. The only thing we know for sure is how dangerous he is. But he will be caught, I assure you.”

He paused the video and fixed his eyes on the still picture. Such a beautiful face. Her posture and expression were full of confidence.

She wasn’t so arrogant the night he’d attacked her though, and neither was her sister.

He turned off the video and stared at the snowy screen. Until she'd come along, he'd been in complete control. The Joliet police were suce idiots. He'd had them running in circles, chasing their own shadows. Not even the great Galen Schroeder had a clue to his identity or the depth of his capabilities. Not to worry though, no matter where she ran, he'd find her.

You can purchase Out of the Darkness here in ebook (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/www.omnilit.com/product-outofthedarkness-434310-149.html). It'll go to print in August.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I am so happy for you! I don't know how you keep up with so many releases out at the same time. You are well on your way to being the e-Queen of Christian suspense, girl!

I'm also thrilled to announce that Out of the Darkness was chosen 'Publishers Pick' for June by Champagne Books. Here's the blurb and short excerpt from it.

When former FBI profiler, Alex Michaels, is forced into hiding by the serial killer who murdered her twin sister and left her with a career ending injury, she begins to take stock of her life. Meeting up with an ex-pro football player who is also facing an uncertain future, Alex makes Royce McIntire an offer he can’t refuse.

Excerpt:
The room was dark as he entered. Bypassing the light switch, he flipped on the TV and sat in the only chair in the room. He then picked up the remote and turned on the VCR.

“It is of my opinion we have a serial killer at work here. The victims are similar in background and appearance. The ways in which they were murdered are identical, and the victims were all recovered from the river.”

“With these murders, important evidence is missing. All we have are the bodies. We don’t have a crime scene and we don’t know where the bodies were dumped into the river. This leads me to believe we have a very sophisticated killer. He’s familiar with police procedure. He knows by dumping the bodies into the river he is eliminating any evidence such as hair, fiber or semen.

“I believe he is Caucasian. Twenty-five to thirty years old. Five-eight to six feet tall, slim to medium build. He is muscular, may work out in a gym. He’s educated, undergraduate level, a thinker who takes great pride in planning things out. He is socially inactive. He hasn’t much experience with women either because of his appearance or lack of self-confidence. He has a criminal background, most likely juvenile offenses, either arson or petty larceny. I believe he may have committed his first murder during his preteens, but went unpunished. A major change or event has taken place in his life within the last six months, triggering his violent behavior: Either the loss of a job or promotion, or breakup with a girlfriend. I believe he is from the Joliet area and he quite possibly knew the first victim, Crystal Byers.”

“Anything is possible. The only thing we know for sure is how dangerous he is. But he will be caught, I assure you.”

He paused the video and fixed his eyes on the still picture. Such a beautiful face. Her posture and expression were full of confidence.

She wasn’t so arrogant the night he’d attacked her though, and neither was her sister.

He turned off the video and stared at the snowy screen. Until she'd come along, he'd been in complete control. The Joliet police were suce idiots. He'd had them running in circles, chasing their own shadows. Not even the great Galen Schroeder had a clue to his identity or the depth of his capabilities. Not to worry though, no matter where she ran, he'd find her.

You can purchase Out of the Darkness here in ebook (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/www.omnilit.com/product-outofthedarkness-434310-149.html). It'll go to print in August.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Wow! Awesome excerpt, Anne! Definitely makes me want to keep reading!

Excerpt:

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks Dani. Truth is, I'm nearing the bottom of the barrell. I have two more releases this year and that's it. But I do have one that Champagne Books is looking at and two WIP's. I just need to get busy and finish them. That's what I had planned to do this week. It's not working out so well though. My muse isn't very willing.

I am so happy for you! I don't know how you keep up with so many releases out at the same time. You are well on your way to being the e-Queen of Christian suspense, girl!

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Another great excerpt, Anne! I love the whole premise for this! A psychic who not only sees, but feels, the pain of the victim! I love that! Well, I wouldn't love to have that gift myself, but I love it as a plot device for your story!

Sheriff Austin Garrett enlists the help of FBI profiler, Jo McDaniels, to help him solve a string of murders plaguing his community. Unlike most profilers Jo has an unusual gift that allows her to get to know the victims better than anyone else. She not only feels their emotions; she feels their pain. But the last time she relied on her physic ability it almost cost her career as well as her sanity. As the case progresses and the body count rises they soon realize that Jo’s sanity isn’t all that is at risk. She has become the killer’s next target.
Excerpt:

Austin watched as the beautiful young agent examined the body. He waited for her to flinch or to show some facial reaction to the horrific sight, but none came. How could she not be affected by what she saw? More than half a dozen men so far had lost a meal at one time or another over the course of the last two weeks, including him, yet she knelt there, her eyes fixed on the body as if it were someone merely sleeping. Curious as to what she found so fascinating, he crept further down the incline, using the cover of the trees to obscure his location. Judging from the puzzled expression on the face of the ME.s assistant, he seemed just as intrigued by the woman’s behavior as he stood quietly to one side, his eyes leveled on her.

After several seconds, the agent slid the sheet back to reveal the length of the victim.

Then leaning over the body she appeared to be checking the ankles for any signs of ligature marks. Had she asked, he could have told her there weren’t any on either the ankles or the wrists. Decapitation was the only visible sign of injury on all of the victims. He watched as she moved to the feet and toes, taking note of how careful she was not to touch the body. Not that it mattered, he suspected, like the others, the body would reveal no trace evidence or finger prints that would lead them to the killer.

“Sheriff, could I see you a minute,” Jo asked.

He stepped out into the open just as she turned, still squatting next to the body. “Find something?”

“Actually it’s something you’d already found.” She carefully lifted the woman’s hand.

“The finger nails. You mentioned in your report that you suspected they’d been clipped to eliminate trace evidence.”

“Yeah. So?”

“So what if he did it so as to obscure their identities as well?”

“How’s getting rid of their nails going to hinder the identity process?”

“Not so much their physical identity, but the lifestyle they led,” she answered. Taking the

Woman’s hand, Jo held it so that he could view the tips of the fingers. “When I first reviewed the file you sent, I suspected these women were prostitutes and that’s why they hadn’t been reported missing. But what if they aren’t? Notice how the cuticles are trimmed but the polish has been removed. This woman has had regular manicures.”

“If these women are likely to be missed, then why haven’t they been reported missing?”

“I’ve been giving that some thought,” Jo said and carefully replaced the woman’s hand.

She then turned, her elbows resting on her knees, and gazed up at him, “What if they aren’t missing yet?”

“A vacation or a business trip?”

She shrugged her shoulder. “Could be.”

He grinned. “Thanks, Jo.” The corner of her mouth came up, as did one eyebrow, and he realized what he’d just done. “Or would you rather I call you Special Agent McDaniels? I’d hate to get my ass kicked by a girl.”

The smile that followed was like a ray of sunshine after a day’s downpour. “Jo is fine.” Then just as quickly as it appeared, it disappeared, as her gaze returned to the headless corpse.

You can purchase the ebook now at Awe-Struck Publishing (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/www.awe-struck.net/books/ties_that_bind.html). It'll go to print later this summer.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Joyce. All of my releases this year, seven total, were written over the years. I never expected all of them to be published in the same year. It's an answered prayer, that's for sure.

Wow! Awesome excerpt, Anne! Definitely makes me want to keep reading!

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I've got to bop out again for a bit. I'll be back first chance I get. Happy chatting while I'm gone! :)

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Wow! seven releases in one year? That's beyond awesome, Anne! I published two of my "written over the years" books over a two year period (2008/2009), and now I'm back to writing something "new". It's making me wonder how I ever wrote those first two books in the first place!

(Now I'm really boppin' out for a bit, but I'll be back later today!)

Thanks, Joyce. All of my releases this year, seven total, were written over the years. I never expected all of them to be published in the same year. It's an answered prayer, that's for sure.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Good to see Anne and Joyce joining us! Love your excerpts, ladies, and Anne congrats on all those great reviews and awards!

However, it's getting cloudy and I hear thunder in the background, so I'm going to log off and shut down. Hope to be back later so I can chat about "When the Bough Breaks" and "Said the Spider to the Fly."

There's still plenty of ice cold lemonade left! Pass around a mug, y'all! hee hee

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I got the idea watching the Medium and the old Profiler series. I thought why not combine the two. Jo's gift has almost cost her her sanity once and this case could very well push her over the edge. Not to mention the estrangement from her family, which is also taking it's toll.

Another great excerpt, Anne! I love the whole premise for this! A psychic who not only sees, but feels, the pain of the victim! I love that! Well, I wouldn't love to have that gift myself, but I love it as a plot device for your story!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:05 PM
well with near 10 releases out and all the work you obviously have thrown yourself into recently, i wouldn't pressure yourself to hit the keyboard. just let the inspiration come when it's ready and enjoy some down time just doing the promo and stuff. just my two cents!

i'm like you--i get a lot of inspiration from TV and film. usually character driven--and then i come up with plots on my own.

Austen and O'Brian really inspire me, too, --those really good classic novels.

Thanks Dani. Truth is, I'm nearing the bottom of the barrell. I have two more releases this year and that's it. But I do have one that Champagne Books is looking at and two WIP's. I just need to get busy and finish them. That's what I had planned to do this week. It's not working out so well though. My muse isn't very willing.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I totally loved the old Profiler series. I watched each and everyone religiously! I bet you have read the book MINDHUNTER, haven't you? Came out abt the same time.

I got the idea watching the Medium and the old Profiler series. I thought why not combine the two. Jo's gift has almost cost her her sanity once and this case could very well push her over the edge. Not to mention the estrangement from her family, which is also taking it's toll.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I've read all of John Douglass' books. He is the foremost expert on serial killers. He's the original Profiler!

Most of my work is character driven. I usually have a plot in mind, but they take over the show pretty much from the start and I just go along for the ride.

I totally loved the old Profiler series. I watched each and everyone religiously! I bet you have read the book MINDHUNTER, haven't you? Came out abt the same time.

MSEReads
June 10th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone! I'm popping in - trying to find the first post today so I can follow the discussion today to catch up.
I hope everyone is well.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I bet you're an interesting conversationalist at dinnertime! haha. How abt "Dead Men Tell No Tales"--that's a good one. I've only read MindHunter--none of his other books. Fascinating fellow.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Martha! Jump in. Most folks are out to lunch I think. What've you been up to lately?

Hi everyone! I'm popping in - trying to find the first post today so I can follow the discussion today to catch up.
I hope everyone is well.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Speaking of serial killers...If you can tell me the name of my serial killer in Journey to Redemption, you have a chance to win a free download of either Ties That Bind or Out of the Darkness. Just send an email with your answer to annepatrick07[at]yahoo[dot]com and place CTR Contest in the subject line. I'll draw a name from the entries at 6pm (CST). You can find the answer on my excerpt page at my website www.annepatrick.weebly.com (http://www.annepatrick.weebly.com)

Good Luck!!!

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Martha! How have you been?

I hope everyone is well.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM
LOL. Most of my friends think I'm nuts...which I probably am. No, I haven't read "Dead Men Tell No Tales".

I bet you're an interesting conversationalist at dinnertime! haha. How abt "Dead Men Tell No Tales"--that's a good one. I've only read MindHunter--none of his other books. Fascinating fellow.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Danielle, are you getting excited about your new release. It won't be long. Heart and Compass sounds like a wonderful read and I love the cover!

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Danielle, are you getting excited about your new release. It won't be long. Heart and Compass sounds like a wonderful read and I love the cover!

Yes--I am. Been looking at some ads and need to finish setting up some blog visits. I've already gotten some very sweet feedback from a reviewer--Miss Lynn, and the copy editor emailed me privately and told me she loved it. I was very touched! I suppose I could post an excerpt for visitors. :err:

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I just returned and am checking to see if anybody is around. Don't see many later posts. Larry

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:49 PM
For you lurkers and visitors, too, just wanted to share an excerpt from my upcoming release. Enjoy!

BY HEART AND COMPASS, Excerpt:

Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.
"I'm looking for Max?"
The longhaired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.
"So?"
"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."
"You call that worthless shack a museum?"
Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.
"What do you want?"
"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers
for him."
"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"
After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have
some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."
Lacey caught herself biting her lip.
Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and
compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose
strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.
"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is
not giving dive lessons."
"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."
The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared
one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little
morsel, but it worked.
"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.
He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."
Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His
insult made her red all over.
"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.
She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand
Museum!"

FunnyTongueSmilie

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I just returned and am checking to see if anybody is around. Don't see many later posts. Larry

yah--we're around. folks have been coming and going all day. are you going to visit today and leave some blurbs?

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hi Martha, Anne, Joyce, (is she still here?), and Dani. Oh, hi there, Larry! Just returned from making 2 more "Jonquils in the Snow" booklets." Also had to make a few covers. Then lunch... How is everyone?

Anne, I just read your excerpt. Shall I say "Bone-chilling?" One of those stories you DON'T read before you go to bed. Ah-ha!

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Danielle I like the tension you have with your two characters. Of course I'm now wondering if they ever get together. Larry

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Danielle I like the tension you have with your two characters. Of course I'm now wondering if they ever get together. Larry

Thanks, Larry--you're so sweet!

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Great excerpt, Dani. Max sounds like a very interesting character. I already have a very clear picture of him in my mind. Well done!

For you lurkers and visitors, too, just wanted to share an excerpt from my upcoming release. Enjoy!

BY HEART AND COMPASS, Excerpt:

Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.
"I'm looking for Max?"
The longhaired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.
"So?"
"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."
"You call that worthless shack a museum?"
Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.
"What do you want?"
"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers
for him."
"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"
After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have
some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."
Lacey caught herself biting her lip.
Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and
compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose
strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.
"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is
not giving dive lessons."
"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."
The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared
one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little
morsel, but it worked.
"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.
He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."
Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His
insult made her red all over.
"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.
She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand
Museum!"

FunnyTongueSmilie

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Ooh! I love this, Dani. The sparks fly between Lacey and Max. Boy, he's an obnoxious one. But I'd bet he turns out to be an old softie at heart.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi Laurean, and thanks for your wonderful comment. "Bone-chilling." I like that!

Hi Martha, Anne, Joyce, (is she still here?), and Dani. Oh, hi there, Larry! Just returned from making 2 more "Jonquils in the Snow" booklets." Also had to make a few covers. Then lunch... How is everyone?

Anne, I just read your excerpt. Shall I say "Bone-chilling?" One of those stories you DON'T read before you go to bed. Ah-ha!

CharmedGirl
June 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Love the excerpts. Keep the coming.

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
The storm passed, and I'm back. I see lots of extra excerpts. Great, y'all! :)

And "hi" to Martha, and Larry too. :)

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm giving you an excerpt from my SF novel The Higher Mission. You might call it a WIP since I believe it needs some work despite it being finished. This is the second scene between Cramer, the hero, and Mona, the heroine.

Then there was Mona. Despite their getting off to a rocky start, Cramer couldn’t help but think she was a professional, given her work experience. Since their first meeting, he realized she wasn’t one to pout, refusing to speak to him because her feelings were hurt. That came through to him as she tried to learn of his background, but the way she went about it was brash, in Cramer’s estimation. They were in the control cabin busy looking at a magnified image of the section of Saturn’s rings where they would be parking Alcor. That’s when Mona started quizzing Cramer about his background.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“You seem to have satisfied yourself as to my being irresponsible and foolish because of taking chances. You’re wrong of course, but what about you? You make a lot of money doing this sort of thing. Where does it all go?” She asked.<o:p></o:p>
“What I do with my money is my business,” he answered, slightly miffed at the interruption of studying the blow up of the segment of rings of Saturn they would be parking at.<o:p></o:p>
“You don’t even own this ship. I noticed the logo, Olympus Mons Mining.”<o:p></o:p>
“The Mars company and I have a close relationship. I take good care of their ship, bring them the hot rocks, and they pay me well,” he responded.<o:p></o:p>
“What does the Missus think of you being gone for months at a time?”<o:p></o:p>
“What makes you think I’m married?”<o:p></o:p>
“You’re wearing a wedding ring,” Mona said, pointing at his left hand.<o:p></o:p>
Cramer, looking at his ring, touching it, saying nothing, looked back at the image on the viewer.<o:p></o:p>
“Your wife is dead isn’t she?” Cramer tried shutting the thoughts of Rita’s death out and continued to look at Saturn.<o:p></o:p>
“You should take your ring off. It would better your chances of getting another wife. I think you’re the kind that needs a woman,” she said.<o:p></o:p>
“What makes you an expert on what kind I am? I told you not to line me up with your restaurant friends.”<o:p></o:p>
“I’m not. Do you have children?”<o:p></o:p>
This time she had gone too far. Cindy was his and Rita’s only child and he hadn’t shared the details of her illness with anyone except Floyd. Even Branson only knew Cramer had a sick family member and that was it. To speak of Cindy and her condition to someone he didn’t know well would be too painful for him. That should be reserved for someone whom he was sure would care deeply about him and Cindy.<o:p></o:p>
“I’m getting fed up with your nosiness. How could any of your former associates stand working with you?” He could feel his jugular straining the skin of his neck as he raised his voice.<o:p></o:p>
“Call it what you like, but I want to know what’s on a partner’s mind, and if it’ll affect their judgment. I prefer to hear it direct from the horse’s mouth rather than some doctored computer data base. I have no more desire to wind up as dead meat than you do,” she replied, calmly.<o:p></o:p>
“I tell you what will break my concentration. Your constant prying,” he said. He got up, took a deep breath, settled himself down and regretted his loss of control. “Look, I’m sorry. I think I’m just tired. I’m gonna turn in. I’d suggest you do the same. We’ll be arriving at the A ring tomorrow and I want to see what you can do with a domer before we get to Cassini’s,” he said, then headed for his quarters. <o:p></o:p>
She nodded, her lips thin, her face masking her feelings.

There you have it. I posted two other excerpts on LRC a while back. Gail commented on them. Larry

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:13 PM
"Said the Spider to the Fly" available at The Wild Rose Press (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/said-the-spider-to-the-fly-p-1138.html) in both digital and print:

Blurb:

Mona Murphy returns to Copper Springs to attend her grandfather's memorial service. His passing appeared ordinary enough—the official report stated he'd tripped and fallen down the staircase. Yet Preston Hitchcock, the insurance agent who'd sold a half million-dollar policy to Mona's grandfather days before the old man died, isn't convinced, especially when bloody towels are discovered in the backyard.

And that's only the beginning. Who is the hit-and-run driver who attempts to run Mona down? Why is her old boyfriend more ardent for her affections now than ever before? And why is Mona helpless to guard her heart from the devastating influence of Preston's practiced lady-killer smiles?

Secrets Mona never knew existed in Copper Springs become exposed. But none is so revealing as the one she fights to hide—and the very one that might save her life.

This book has won The Romance Studio and Long and the Short of It Reviews for Best Book of the Week, nominated for Best Book of the Year 2009 at TRS.

Visit my site to watch the incredible video! (http://www.missmaesite.com/saidspidertothefly.htm)

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm back and ready to chat. My synopsis isn't finished yet, but it has made some progress. If I seem to disappear off and on, it's because I'm trying to finish it.

CharmedGirl
June 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cool excerpt Larry.

I have the feeling Mona feels bad seeing the ring on his finger, that's why she wants him to take it off. So she can make a move without feeling guilty.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Larry, I love the interaction between Cramer and Mona. Did you post anything on your site Monday. Guess I forgot. I'm between book signings, making booklets and dozens of other things. Grrrr!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I like the excerpt, Larry! Cramer certainly has a lot to deal with, doesn't he?

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks, Charmed Girl. It takes a long time for them to get together. The novel runs 93,000+ words and Cramer and Mona go on numerous missions together and save each other's bacon more than once. Larry

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks EA and Laurie. Yes, I put up the fourth segment of that short SF story acutally on Sunday as I was gone most of Monday. Larry

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Love the tension, Larry. Good job!

I'm giving you an excerpt from my SF novel The Higher Mission. You might call it a WIP since I believe it needs some work despite it being finished. This is the second scene between Cramer, the hero, and Mona, the heroine.

Then there was Mona. Despite their getting off to a rocky start, Cramer couldn’t help but think she was a professional, given her work experience. Since their first meeting, he realized she wasn’t one to pout, refusing to speak to him because her feelings were hurt. That came through to him as she tried to learn of his background, but the way she went about it was brash, in Cramer’s estimation. They were in the control cabin busy looking at a magnified image of the section of Saturn’s rings where they would be parking Alcor. That’s when Mona started quizzing Cramer about his background.<O:p></O:p>
“You seem to have satisfied yourself as to my being irresponsible and foolish because of taking chances. You’re wrong of course, but what about you? You make a lot of money doing this sort of thing. Where does it all go?” She asked.<O:p></O:p>
“What I do with my money is my business,” he answered, slightly miffed at the interruption of studying the blow up of the segment of rings of Saturn they would be parking at.<O:p></O:p>
“You don’t even own this ship. I noticed the logo, Olympus Mons Mining.”<O:p></O:p>
“The Mars company and I have a close relationship. I take good care of their ship, bring them the hot rocks, and they pay me well,” he responded.<O:p></O:p>
“What does the Missus think of you being gone for months at a time?”<O:p></O:p>
“What makes you think I’m married?”<O:p></O:p>
“You’re wearing a wedding ring,” Mona said, pointing at his left hand.<O:p></O:p>
Cramer, looking at his ring, touching it, saying nothing, looked back at the image on the viewer.<O:p></O:p>
“Your wife is dead isn’t she?” Cramer tried shutting the thoughts of Rita’s death out and continued to look at Saturn.<O:p></O:p>
“You should take your ring off. It would better your chances of getting another wife. I think you’re the kind that needs a woman,” she said.<O:p></O:p>
“What makes you an expert on what kind I am? I told you not to line me up with your restaurant friends.”<O:p></O:p>
“I’m not. Do you have children?”<O:p></O:p>
This time she had gone too far. Cindy was his and Rita’s only child and he hadn’t shared the details of her illness with anyone except Floyd. Even Branson only knew Cramer had a sick family member and that was it. To speak of Cindy and her condition to someone he didn’t know well would be too painful for him. That should be reserved for someone whom he was sure would care deeply about him and Cindy.<O:p></O:p>
“I’m getting fed up with your nosiness. How could any of your former associates stand working with you?” He could feel his jugular straining the skin of his neck as he raised his voice.<O:p></O:p>
“Call it what you like, but I want to know what’s on a partner’s mind, and if it’ll affect their judgment. I prefer to hear it direct from the horse’s mouth rather than some doctored computer data base. I have no more desire to wind up as dead meat than you do,” she replied, calmly.<O:p></O:p>
“I tell you what will break my concentration. Your constant prying,” he said. He got up, took a deep breath, settled himself down and regretted his loss of control. “Look, I’m sorry. I think I’m just tired. I’m gonna turn in. I’d suggest you do the same. We’ll be arriving at the A ring tomorrow and I want to see what you can do with a domer before we get to Cassini’s,” he said, then headed for his quarters. <O:p></O:p>
She nodded, her lips thin, her face masking her feelings.

There you have it. I posted two other excerpts on LRC a while back. Gail commented on them. Larry

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks EA and Laurie. Yes, I put up the fourth segment of that short SF story acutally on Sunday as I was gone most of Monday. Larry
What's the link? I'd like to read the story. :)

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM
"When the Bough Breaks" (http://whimsicalpublications.com/miss_mae/When_The_Bough_Breaks.html), WINNER of the 2009 P&E's Reader Poll for YA Category! :)

Blurb:

Darlene Moore's reason for shunning Parker Shane has nothing to do with his reputation of being a playboy. She even dates him before the death of her mother forces her to move away. After a two-year absence from Dalesville, she returns home to find Parker exchanging wedding vows with her sister. Two months later, her sister dies.

Then Richard Ryan, head of Dalesville's wealthy, prominent family, and Parker's employer, goes missing. Could there be a connection to his disappearance and Parker's unexpected promotion?

Danger and questions a plenty barrage Darlene with the deadly speed of a six-shooter. Who called down a representative from a Washington agency? Who later assaulted him? Who attacked Darlene at her friend's apartment? And will Parker's scandalous brand of playboy be changed to one of murderous culprit? Or, in the moment of Darlene's greatest need, might he become her rescuing knight?

Watch the amazing video, (http://www.missmaesite.com/whentheboughbreaks.htm) and read excerpt, at my site!

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hey all! I'm back for about half-an-hour, and then I have to run again for awhile. What did I miss while I was gone?

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Anne. I don't know why my blog address isn't coming through with my signature here, E.A. but I'll give it to you.
http://larryhammersley.blogspot.com/
All of my messages to our group have it as well as personal email messages. It just hasn't made it here. That short SF story on the blog has now four segments posted so you will have to go back to the fourth Monday to get the first one. Thank you for asking. Larry

Joyce DiPastena
Now available for Kindle: Loyalty's Web and Illuminations of the Heart! Blurbs to follow. :)

Miss Mae
Joyce, I want to know if you even read the back cover of your new book! LOL

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
The Sweetest Romance Authors will be part of Sept. 2010's BlogMania Event!!!

(Just making that announcement here!) :)

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I recommend Miss Mae's When the Bough Breaks. It is really good. Larry

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I love your excerpts, Larry. Your books sound sooooo interesting!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Jill Landers can't unglue her eyes from the hunk manning the grill. But when a flirtatious blonde intervenes and can't keep her hands off Rob Canter, Jill is incensed. "He's ust like my ex-fiance, an egotistical womanizer!"

But is he? When Jill takes a closer look at Rob, she's not so sure. Has she pegged him wrong? Is Rob hiding behind a mask? Why the dual personality? When asked simple questions about his past, Rob flees. What's up with him?

Jill determines to dig until she finds the truth. But is she prepared for the results of the excavation??

Find out when you read.... Over The Coals by Laurean Brooks, part of A Summer Collection Anthology.

Discover what happens when 5 talented authors (including me??) collaborate to form a book of summer romances. You won't be disappointed.

You can find A Summer Collection Anthology at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/14519/. And until June 30, you can download the entire book for $3.99 using promo code YV52C. Take advantage of this awesome offer while it lasts. You can also find this book in print at Create Space and on Amazon Books.com

LarryH
Thank you, Joyce. I'll post another excerpt from the novel in a little while. Larry

EAWest
Wow, some awesome blurbs and excerpts were posted while I was gone! Anybody else have the sudden urge to read a bunch of sweet romances? :punk:

Here's the blurb for my first inspirational romance, Dreams Do Come True (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/product_info.php?cPath=168_147&products_id=1195), published by White Rose Publishing. You can see the cover (and all of my other covers) in our Gallery of Book Covers (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1157).

Blurb:

Aspiring author Cassie Teague has been rejected…again. As she considers giving up her dream of getting published, a handsome editor walks into her life and makes her wonder if God has more in store for her than just writing.

Acquisitions editor David Jameson wants more than just Cassie’s book. But will office politics destroy his hope for the future?

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I want to say "Hi" Joyce. We keep missing one another. LOL. How ya doin' today?

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Joyce, I want to know if you even read the back cover of your new book! LOL

You bet I did! And I was very, very bad and read the last sentence on the last page (which I loved!), then FORCED myself to slam the book shut before I ruined the entire "mystery". hee hee

Y'all, I can't tell you how long I've waited and how excited I am to finally get to read See No Evil, My Pretty Lady in print form. When I finish it, I'll be posting an interview with Miss Mae on my JDP NEWS (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com) blog, because I love interviewing historical authors and picking their brains about what they loved about the time period they wrote about, etc. Maybe I'm alone, but I find the answers to such questions fascinating.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:38 PM
You bet I did! And I was very, very bad and read the last sentence on the last page (which I loved!), then FORCED myself to slam the book shut before I ruined the entire "mystery". hee hee

Y'all, I can't tell you how long I've waited and how excited I am to finally get to read See No Evil, My Pretty Lady in print form. When I finish it, I'll be posting an interview with Miss Mae on my JDP NEWS (http://jdp-news.blogspot.com) blog, because I love interviewing historical authors and picking their brains about what they loved about the time period they wrote about, etc. Maybe I'm alone, but I find the answers to such questions fascinating.
You'll love See No Evil, My Pretty Lady. It's a great book. And I can't wait to see the interview with Miss Mae! I love learning more about my fellow authors. :)

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 03:38 PM
My next release, Fire and Ash, is coming out in July. Here's the book trailer if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGW1qlgz1lE&feature=player_embedded

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Loyalty's Web: Now available for Kindle!

In twelfth century France, King Henry II of England has just finished quashing a rebellion by his power-hungry sons and now seeks to tame the lawless barons who supported them in this corner of his "Angevin empire." To this end, the king has sent the Earl of Gunthar as his royal representative to ensure that Prince Richard and his former cohorts faithfully adhere to the terms of the peace treaty.

Far from being welcomed with open arms, Gunthar no sooner steps foot in the county of Poitou than he is greeted by a series of assassination attempts. All appear to be linked to the former rebellious prince through the agents of the family and friends of young Heléne de Laurant. A clever, intrepid young woman, she realizes that the only way to prove her loved ones’ innocence is by exposing the true assassin. Heléne races against time—and dark secrets of the past—to unmask the killer before the kingdom plunges back into war.

Fierce determination gives way to mutual attraction as Heléne and Gunthar spar over the identity of the traitor. But their blinding magnetism almost causes them to overlook an even deadlier threat from an entirely unexpected direction.

Loyalty's Web was a 2007 Whitney Award Finalist

Order your Kindle edition here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003JMEMNW/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1XY461M0F1SHY6FGTC12&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846).

Sarah M Eden
June 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Howdy, all!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM

Joyce, you DIDN'T!!!! Oh nooooo, don't you dare do that!!! It's horrible to know the ending from the beginning! :nah:

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I want to say "Hi" Joyce. We keep missing one another. LOL. How ya doin' today?

Hi Laurie! Yeah, I'm boppin' in and out today. I'm only here for about another 15 minutes or so, then I have to cut out for lunch and errands. I hope to be back later this afternoon, though, by which time most of you will probably have signed off. :( Hopefully some of our Mountain/West Coast authors will show up to keep me company by then.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Howdy, all!

Hi Sarah! Welcome, welcome!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
My next release, Fire and Ash, is coming out in July. Here's the book trailer if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGW1qlgz1lE&feature=player_embedded
Ooh, I like it! Another book to add to my TBR list. :yes:

Sarah M Eden
June 10th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm popping in for a bit before I have to resume my current job: Mom Taxi

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Joyce, you DIDN'T!!!! Oh nooooo, don't you dare do that!!! It's horrible to know the ending from the beginning! :nah:

I don't know the end, I promise! All I learned was that a certain character was smiling, but not why she was smiling. I promise I didn't read anything but that very last sentence! I just thought to myself, "I wish I could write closing sentences like that!" I always have the hardest time figuring out a good line to end my books!

Miss Mae
June 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Howdy, all!

Hi Sarah! Glad to see you made it! Tell us about your books! :)

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm popping in for a bit before I have to resume my current job: Mom Taxi

You're poppin' and I'm boppin'. ;)

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
You're poppin' and I'm boppin'. ;)
Y'all are a lively bunch today. LOL

Hi, Sarah, glad you made it between taxi duties.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Larry, I just clicked over and read your blog post. It was amazing! Sure am glad I'm nowhere near Neptune. LOL

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hi Sara! You still here, or are you "Mom the Taxi" already?

Sarah M Eden
June 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Sorry about disappearing for a minute. I'm currently the Mom Short Order Cook. Mom Taxi is in about 10 minutes. *sigh*

Whimsical Publications
June 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM

Here, here!

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Illuminations of the Heart: available for Kindle!

Blurb:

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri. Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Illuminations of the Heart won 1st place in the RWA Heart of the West Contest, and was a 2009 Whitney Award Finalist

Order your Kindle copy here (http://www.amazon.com/Illuminations-of-the-Heart-ebook/dp/B003JMEM82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1276199814&sr=1-1)

Sarah M Eden
June 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Illuminations of the Heart: available for Kindle!

Blurb:

“Clothilde.”
He spoke the name on a breath like a prayer. Then he lowered his head and kissed her.

Her heart is lost in that first embrace, her world shaken to its foundations. There is just one problem: her name is not Clothilde. It is Siriol de Calendri. Trained in the art of illumination in the far-off city of Venice, Siri is directed by her late brother’s will to the county of Poitou in France, where she enters the guardianship of her brother’s friend, Sir Triston de Brielle. Once in Poitou, Siri hopes to find employment in an illuminator’s shop—until Triston unexpectedly snatches her heart away with a kiss.

Triston is a man of quiet honor and courage, but the guilt he carries for the death of his late wife, Clothilde, has left him numb and hesitant to love again. Worse yet, Siri bears an uncanny resemblance to his lost love. Or does she? Her merry laughter and twinkling eyes are very different from his late wife’s shy smiles and quiet ways. Yet when he gazes into Siri’s face, all he sees is Clothilde.

Then Triston’s past returns to threaten them both. Will his tragic life with Clothilde be repeated with Siri? Trapped between the rivalry of the king’s sons on the one hand and a neighbor out for vengeance on the other, Triston realizes it would be safer to send Siri away. But how can he bear to lose her again?

Siri is determined not to be cast off and not to live in another woman’s shadow. She has illuminated many a priceless book with pen and paint. But can her own vibrant spirit illuminate the darkness in Triston’s soul and make his heart beat for her alone?

Illuminations of the Heart won 1st place in the RWA Heart of the West Contest, and was a 2009 Whitney Award Finalist

Order your Kindle copy here (http://www.amazon.com/Illuminations-of-the-Heart-ebook/dp/B003JMEM82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1276199814&sr=1-1)
An excellent book, Joyce.

(And I have a signed copy, so all of you can be extremely jealous!)

Whimsical Publications
June 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
After some discussion, they gave it to me as a birthday present, and Mr. Squiggles now happily resides in a tank with a lid held down by rocks. As adorable as the little guy is, I'd rather not have him loose. LOL :)

You can have the snake I scared off my front porch this afternoon...or was it the snake who scared me off the front porch. Close competition.
:err:

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM
LOL! Thanks, Sara! :)

An excellent book, Joyce.

(And I have a signed copy, so all of you can be extremely jealous!)

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM
My latest release is Riley's Mission (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/rileys-mission-p-3961.html), a romantic suspense from The Wild Rose Press.

Blurb:

Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she's not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.

Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren't responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.

Will Jade and Riley find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Like Larry, I too recommend Miss Mae's hair-raising, When The Bough Breaks. I got goosebumps from the very beginning. Couldn't shake the eerie feeling even after the crime was solved and I read, "The End".

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Oh my gosh! Has it been a half-hour? How did that happen so fast???? I've gotta run again, but I'll be back after lunch and errands, I promise!

Boppin' out for now...

Sarah M Eden
June 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Oh my gosh! Has it been a half-hour? How did that happen so fast???? I've gotta run again, but I'll be back after lunch and errands, I promise!

Boppin' out for now...

And I'm popping out to run the kiddos to their next activity. 'Til next time!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM
You can have the snake I scared off my front porch this afternoon...or was it the snake who scared me off the front porch. Close competition.
:err:
:giggle: Sorry, this is a one snake household. As cute as Mr. Squiggles is, I'm not that much of a snake fanatic. That would be my sister, the one who wants a pet cobra.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
My latest release is Riley's Mission (http://www.thewildrosepress.com/rileys-mission-p-3961.html), a romantic suspense from The Wild Rose Press.

Blurb:

Trapped in a flooded hospital, former Israeli operative Jade Rosen discovers she's not alone. One of the other stranded patients is none other than the cold-blooded killer she'd left behind in a Syrian prison, the man who'd forced her to leave everyone she loved behind and go into hiding.

Indiana National Guardsman Riley Jackson is on a mission to locate and contain a cunning terrorist whose guards aren't responding. He finds more than he bargained for when the woman he loves appears out of nowhere, desperately ill and once again needing his protection.

Will Jade and Riley find their happy ending, or will they pay the ultimate price at the hands of a man determined to see Jade dead?
Oh, dear! How will Jade and Riley get out of this one? I can see it now. Hiding in storage rooms, trash bins...anything to get away from the killer!

Whimsical Publications
June 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, Miss Mae, I can't imagine a publisher not knowing who is still an author with them and who isn't. That should be in the files and easy to find. I hope everything gets straightened out soon!

So true. I know for a fact who the publisher is for Miss Mae, and all the other authors, too.
:rockon:

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hey, everyone, Miss Mae sends her apologies for disappearing from the chat. Her DSL has been acting up all day, and it's decided to quit loading pages.

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Doesn't Joyce write this ancient time period with grace? You'd think she lived it. Great going, Joyce!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Oh, dear! How will Jade and Riley get out of this one? I can see it now. Hiding in storage rooms, trash bins...anything to get away from the killer!
You'll have to read the story to find out. Mwahaha... :shifty:

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Doesn't Joyce write this ancient time period with grace? You'd think she lived it. Great going, Joyce!
It always amazes me the way historical authors can transport their readers to a different place and time with such ease.

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I see excerpts from EA's Dreams Do Come True and Joyce's Loyalty's Web and I recommend both as I've read them. Other excerpts here make me realize I'm so far behind and don't know what to chose next to order and read.
Thanks, Laurie for reading the fourth segment of Unscheduled Stroll on Triton. Larry

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Larry, I know what you mean about being way behind in your reading. I still have books from last year that I haven't managed to read yet.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I agree with Laurean.

This new novel sounds riveting!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hi, Miss Whimsical. Welcome to our chat. Hope you are enjoying these awesome blurbs and excerpts.

Jonquils in the Snow by Laurean Brooks http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9341

Miranda Stevens' fiance' jilted her two days before the wedding. Two years later after her eyes meet Brady Watson's, she is ready to let go and move forward.

But Brady battles demons of his own. He's traded the anger toward the drunk driver responsible for his wife's death, for grief. Brady can't shake the sadness.

Can Miranda find a way to bring renewed hope and a new beginning to Brady? Will the answer be found in a cluster of jonquils bursting through the late winter snow?

Journey To Forgiveness by Laurean Brooks, a full length, historical inspirational can be viewed at Laurean's Lore, http://laureanslore.blogspot.com or at the White Rose Publishing site. www.whiterosepublishing.com (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com)

Jenny Hinson was abused by a violent father. Will she ever find the courage to trust a man? Her heart races at every encounter with the notorious, but charming Austin Grant.

How can this be? Jenny's fallen for a con artist. Austin is a thief! Or is he?

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:24 PM
You'll have to read the story to find out. Mwahaha... :shifty:
That is cruel! Sheer torture. LOL

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I agree with Laurean.

This new novel sounds riveting!
Here's a brief excerpt from Riley's Mission to pique your interest even more:

Raised voices caught her attention and she opened her eyes. One of the voices spoke English, but the other shouted in Arabic. Jade’s heart raced and she trembled at the sound of the Arabic voice.

It couldn’t be him. She’d left him in a Syrian prison.

She climbed out of bed and went to the door. No matter how horrible she felt, she had to know if it was him. She followed the sound of the quieting voices and peered around the corner. In a glass-walled room lay Aziz Khadoul. He was having a heated discussion with a brown-haired man wearing an outfit identical to Gibson’s. The soldier looked almost like...

It couldn’t be. She hadn’t seen him since Kuwait. Jade backed away and leaned against the wall, fighting terror at the sight of the man responsible for her evacuation to the United States in the company of a man she knew well.

She made her way to an empty wheelchair parked a few feet away and dropped into the seat. Lowering her head to her hands, she tried to figure out how Khadoul had ended up in Grant County General Hospital. How had he even made it into the United States?

No matter how he’d gotten here, he couldn’t see her. He’d attempted to kill her before, and she had no doubt he’d try again, no matter how sick he was. Moisture stung her eyes. She’d fought so long and hard to stop him from killing anyone.

“Ma’am, are you all right?”

Jade lifted her head and found Gibson watching her. Before she could respond, she noticed the brown-haired man with him, the same man who had spoken with Khadoul.

She hadn’t been wrong.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Larry, I know what you mean about being way behind in your reading. I still have books from last year that I haven't managed to read yet.

yep. My TBR list is a mile long--and they include lots of people, well, darn near about everyone chatting today! slowly but surely!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hello Everybody,

Just popping in to say "hello" until I get dinner for my daughter, so she can leave. I see I've missed a lot of good excerpts.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Larry I enjoyed your excerpts today!

Laurean
June 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Here's a brief excerpt from Riley's Mission to pique your interest even more:

Raised voices caught her attention and she opened her eyes. One of the voices spoke English, but the other shouted in Arabic. Jade’s heart raced and she trembled at the sound of the Arabic voice.

It couldn’t be him. She’d left him in a Syrian prison.

She climbed out of bed and went to the door. No matter how horrible she felt, she had to know if it was him. She followed the sound of the quieting voices and peered around the corner. In a glass-walled room lay Aziz Khadoul. He was having a heated discussion with a brown-haired man wearing an outfit identical to Gibson’s. The soldier looked almost like...

It couldn’t be. She hadn’t seen him since Kuwait. Jade backed away and leaned against the wall, fighting terror at the sight of the man responsible for her evacuation to the United States in the company of a man she knew well.

She made her way to an empty wheelchair parked a few feet away and dropped into the seat. Lowering her head to her hands, she tried to figure out how Khadoul had ended up in Grant County General Hospital. How had he even made it into the United States?

No matter how he’d gotten here, he couldn’t see her. He’d attempted to kill her before, and she had no doubt he’d try again, no matter how sick he was. Moisture stung her eyes. She’d fought so long and hard to stop him from killing anyone.

“Ma’am, are you all right?”

Jade lifted her head and found Gibson watching her. Before she could respond, she noticed the brown-haired man with him, the same man who had spoken with Khadoul.

She hadn’t been wrong.
OOOOOOH! Why did you do that? It's NOT fair to leave us hanging like that. Grrrrrrrr!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Riley's Mission sounds so good. I have it on my TBR list. Mine is a long one too.

DanielleThorne
June 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Well the disc in my back is telling me to get up. I've been working on my new book trailer while enjoying your posts and all of the news and excerpts today. Oh--congrats to Joyce for getting her 2 books on the Kindle. Progress, progress, progress, right?

Hope you all have a great night. I've got to go. My neighbor borrowed some of my chocolate chips stash this morning and has shown up with some fresh baked cookies--the real kind!

Hugs to you all. I so enjoy your companionship!

And bye to all our visitors. I hope you'll join us at our next chat and drop by the Sweetest Romance Author blog and sign up for updates!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:32 PM
yep. My TBR list is a mile long--and they include lots of people, well, darn near about everyone chatting today! slowly but surely!
I know that one! Your Turtle Soup is still waiting for me to read it. Hopefully this sometime this summer...that's my goal, anyway.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Since it's quiet I'll take this time to tell you I'll be at Shawna Williams's blog tomorrow to take about Love Turns the Tide. If you'd like to come by it's http://shawnawilliams-oldsmobile.blogspot.com

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Bye, Danielle, enjoy those cookies!

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Turtle Soup is so good. You'll love it.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Since it's quiet I'll take this time to tell you I'll be at Shawna Williams's blog tomorrow to take about Love Turns the Tide. If you'd like to come by it's http://shawnawilliams-oldsmobile.blogspot.com
I must remember to stop by! I love reading what authors have to say. :)

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Well the disc in my back is telling me to get up. I've been working on my new book trailer while enjoying your posts and all of the news and excerpts today. Oh--congrats to Joyce for getting her 2 books on the Kindle. Progress, progress, progress, right?

Hope you all have a great night. I've got to go. My neighbor borrowed some of my chocolate chips stash this morning and has shown up with some fresh baked cookies--the real kind!

Hugs to you all. I so enjoy your companionship!

And bye to all our visitors. I hope you'll join us at our next chat and drop by the Sweetest Romance Author blog and sign up for updates!
I'm sorry the disc is bothering you. I hope you feel better.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Thank you, E. A.

Gail Pallotta
June 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM
:biggrin:My daughter has just come in, so I have to go again. I'll check back later this evening to see if anyone is still chatting.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
:biggrin:My daughter has just come in, so I have to go again. I'll check back later this evening to see if anyone is still chatting.
Have fun with your daughter, Gail!

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I'm going to give you a change of pace and post from my new WIP A Change of Heart. This novel has cast Leroy and Jody from Lab Partners into the present day. The following scene is when they were freshmen and first met at an exchange dinner of the residence halls. It is from Jody's POV.

“Doyle, get out to that table!” A man, carrying the authority of an upperclassman, said. He wore a sports coat carrying the emblem probably a local club of the residence hall, Jody surmised.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
“There’s still ten minutes before dinner starts,” Doyle, as the upperclassman had addressed him, said.<o:p></o:p>
“Now!” Mr. Sports Coat thrust his arm toward the table.<o:p></o:p>
Jody watched the freshman slump his shoulders and march like a condemned man going to the gallows. She thought, he doesn’t want to be here anymore than I do. Her hopes of dining alone disappeared when he took the last empty table.<o:p></o:p>
“Jody, go join him,” her residence hall head lady said from near the door. Miss Standish emphasized by making a shoveling action with her hands.<o:p></o:p>
Jody sighed and began a slow walk toward the table and Doyle. Before she got there, a buxom brunette at a nearby table signaled Miss Standish and blared out.<o:p></o:p>
“Miss Standish, may I change tables? I want to sit with him,” she said, pointing at Doyle’s table.<o:p></o:p>
“You stay put, Marcy.” The brunette shrank into her chair.<o:p></o:p>
As Jody neared the table, Doyle jumped up and pulled out her chair. He didn’t smile but waited patiently for her to sit down. He then seated himself.<o:p></o:p>
“Thank you,” Jody whispered, avoiding eye contact as she repositioned her chair slightly, smoothing her skirt. She did glance at his clothes and noted he was nice casual dress, short-sleeved blue shirt and dress slacks.<o:p></o:p>
“I’m Leroy Doyle.” He offered his hand.<o:p></o:p>
“I don’t think you want to be here anymore than I do, so let’s just get our dinner over with and go our separate ways.” She ignored his hand.<o:p></o:p>
“Yeah, you’re right, but certainly no disrespect to you,” Leroy replied, withdrawing his hand, his expression remaining neutral.<o:p></o:p>
They fell silent. Jody scanned the crowd and spotted Gretchen. Gretchen, three tables over, waved, turned thumbs up to her, pointing at Leroy. She included a silent puckering of her lips as if to make a woo whoo sound, fanning her face like she was heating up, and then pointed at Leroy again. Jody gave her best rolling of her eyes expression hoping to convince her she wasn’t impressed or interested in Leroy.<o:p></o:p>
“It’s going to be a long night if we don’t do a little talking; besides the dinner will go faster. Much to our liking,” Leroy said. Jody made eye contact long enough to see sensitive brown eyes, square jaw, straight lock of hair spilled on to his forehead, big but attractive nose and the first hint of a smile.<o:p></o:p>
Jody glanced away, locking her gaze on an approaching waiter with food. She quenched her sigh of relief, thankful she had an excuse not to answer. The salads were placed in front of them with a bottle of Thousand Island dressing.<o:p></o:p>
“I’m a small town boy, not used to a meal coming in segments. Mom always put everything on the table at once.” Leroy offered the dressing bottle to her. She accepted and shook the bottle before adding to her salad. She wondered if Leroy was going to tell her details of his small town life. She hoped not. Big cities were her preference. She sat the bottle down near Leroy’s plate and he squirted a generous stream on his salad. She noticed he waited for her to take the first bite. Well, he has a good dose of manners anyway.<o:p></o:p>
She finished her salad first, trying not to mimic her grandpa’s hogs at the slop trough. Wouldn’t Leroy be surprised that she had a healthy portion of small towns and farms herself? But why should she care? Now with the salad consumed, there was “down time” again before more food arrived. The empty salad dishes were removed at least.<o:p></o:p>
“What’s your major? I can’t follow that question with your name because I don’t know it.” Leroy folded his hands and gazed at her intently. Yes, she saw sensitivity in those eyes. Should she continue her ploy of silence and no doubt hurt his feelings? Again, why should she care? Leroy was a man and her avoidance policy must hold.<o:p></o:p>
“My major is chemistry, but my grades last semester were horrible. I’m afraid my track scholarship may be in jeopardy.” Leroy’s face took on a depressed cast, his mouth spread into a thin line, his swallowing and sighing reinforcing his stress.<o:p></o:p>
Although, she would not be involved with Leroy, he was a jock just like Tommy, Lenny and the others she had dated. What a horrible pattern it seemed to be, but no more, she told herself.
There you have it. How many out there has read Lab Partners and is familar with these characters? I just had to write a novel about them. Larry

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm going to give you a change of pace and post from my new WIP A Change of Heart. This novel has cast Leroy and Jody from Lab Partners into the present day. The following scene is when they were freshmen and first met at an exchange dinner of the residence halls. It is from Jody's POV.

Great excerpt, Larry! I love the tension Jody creates with her own attitude.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I forgot to mention earlier that Dreams Do Come True is now available for Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-Do-Come-True-ebook/dp/B003MAK3NO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1276204012&sr=1-1). Here's an excerpt to whet your appetite:

Excerpt:

Gayle glanced at the envelope in Cassie’s hand and nodded toward the vacant end of the counter. Cassie went to the last seat in the row and laid the envelope in front of her. She needed Gayle’s moral support when she opened this one. The publisher she’d submitted to was the perfect match for her book, and she’d spent nearly a month on the submission package to make sure it was perfect.

Gayle finally finished serving the elderly man and joined Cassie. “Be brave.”

Cassie managed a weak smile and prayed for strength as she picked up the envelope. A moment later, she pulled out her submission package and what appeared to be a form letter. She got as far as “We regret...” before she dropped the stack of papers on the counter and lowered her head to her hands with a moan. “Not again!”

The strip of bells hanging on the door jangled before Gayle could reply. She gave Cassie’s arm a consoling pat, and then went to tend the new customer.

Cassie brushed her long hair from her eyes as she lifted her head and reached for the rejection letter, hoping it contained some clue as to why they didn’t want her novel. Her gaze briefly went to the new customer. His gorgeous movie cowboy appearance caught her attention and made her heart do a two-step. Dark-haired and blue-eyed, he stood at least six foot two and had wide shoulders that tapered down to a trim waist. He’d tucked his white shirt into a pair of jeans that fit oh-so-perfectly on his hips. The sleeves were rolled up to reveal tanned, well-toned forearms. He smiled as he spoke to Gayle, and Cassie decided receiving another rejection letter was almost worth it to see this amazing specimen of a man.

MSEReads
June 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
HA! Good excerpt Danielle - the blue smiley character fits perfectly too. Max sounds like one tough character.

Museum!"

FunnyTongueSmilie

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Here is another excerpt from A Change of Heart, my WIP. This is the second time Leroy and Jody meet, this segment from Leroy's POV. Leroy decides to take a break from studying and go to the local ice skating rink.

He noticed the woman with the whistle. She was very good, able to go fast to catch some skater breaking her rules. She threaded between the crowd with ease, her red hair streaming from under her toboggan. She wore a short coat, tight fitting sweat pants that extended to her white figure skates. The skates were certainly not the drab rental skates. Covering from her waist half way to her knees was a skating skirt, fully-flared, semi-heavy material that fluttered in the wind, giving her a striking appearance. Leroy asked himself why he concentrated on her so much. He shifted his attention, reluctantly, to his skating. She seemed familiar though.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
He avoided a beginner skater, a girl perhaps early teens, unsteady on her skates. An elderly couple passed him and he admired their locked arms, truly top notch skaters as their fluid motion carried them through the narrow gaps.<o:p></o:p>
The inevitable happened, thought Leroy. A preteen boy stumbled into his path. To keep from hitting him, Leroy swerved sharply to the right missing the boy, but the abrupt turn proved too much for him and he went down. He knew enough not to try catching himself, a sure broken wrist if he had. He slid on his side several feet, unhurt, but he ended up in the path of a high speed skater who jumped over him. The speedster, a man, almost cleared him, but struck Leroy in the forehead with the blade of his skate. The man easily landed on his skates, going on, not bothering to check on Leroy. The contact brought stars to his vision, not the beautiful stars in the night sky.<o:p></o:p>
He groaned, holding his head, thankful there was no blood. On coming skaters slowed and passed him by as he held his head, the pain excruciating. He didn’t feel like getting up. He heard a whistle blow and a woman shout.<o:p></o:p>
“Slow down everybody. A skater is hurt.”<o:p></o:p>
A shower of ice covered him as the white skates of the woman made a high speed stop, sliding sideways. A much needed arm thrust gently under his arm pit.<o:p></o:p>
“Leroy, is that you? Can you get up?”<o:p></o:p>
“Yes,” Leroy managed. His thinking the woman looked familiar was answered as he made out her concerned expression through his cloud of pain. Jody helped him to a bench at the side of the rink. She gazed intently at his forehead.<o:p></o:p>
“Your head isn’t cut but you’ll have a nasty bruise. Stay here. I’ll get an ice pack. You’re going to have a goose egg if we don’t stop the swelling.” She sped away to a box mounted on a pole just out of the skating area, retrieved a pack and returned.<o:p></o:p>
“Thanks, Jody,” Leroy said, taking the pack and easing it onto his forehead.<o:p></o:p>
“You’d better have a doctor to check you, make sure you don’t have a concussion. Sit tight. I’ll be right back. I have some business to attend to. Then you can tell me how you know my name.”<o:p></o:p>
She waited for a clearing, and then sped away after the skater Leroy thought was the one that hit him. He was still skating fast, passing every skater he came to. Jody easily caught him, and Leroy was amazed at how fast she could skate.<o:p></o:p>
She grabbed the man by the collar of his coat, somehow skidding sideways and bringing him and her both to a stop near the edge of the rink. Leroy estimated the man was a good three inches taller than her but she kept hold of his collar forcing him to the rink entrance, handling him like he was a rag doll. Leroy could hear her angry voice telling him to leave. The man tried prying Jody’s fingers from his coat but she clung with one hand and lashed out verbally. He quickly took his skates off and left. Leroy hoped he never made her angry if he met her again after tonight. She skated gracefully back to him.<o:p></o:p>
“I’ve had trouble with that guy all night. I don’t know why I waited until almost closing time to kick him out.” She sat beside Leroy.<o:p></o:p>
“Remind me never to get on your bad side,” he said, smiling faintly, continuing to hold the ice pack against his forehead.<o:p></o:p>
“I don’t see you getting on my bad side, if we meet again. Okay, how did you find out my name?”<o:p></o:p>
“My roommate, Jeb, was in your math class. Your academic accomplishments are well-known. Say why didn’t you want me to know your name?” He watched her reaction, but dreaded her answer.<o:p></o:p>
“I like to keep a low profile,” she answered. That wasn’t the reply he expected. He suspected an underlying reason, and decided to fish for it.<o:p></o:p>
“That’s not all is it?” Quite a daring question, he assessed of himself. Whether he was right or wrong he knew he was in trouble when a crease appeared between her eyes.<o:p></o:p>
“What did I tell you about getting personal? You think you’re an amateur shrink, why don’t you answer your own question.” Her sternness took on a higher level.<o:p></o:p>
“You’ve resolved to avoid men,” he said, seeing her shocked expression, knowing he’d made an accurate guess, but saddened that he had.<o:p></o:p>
“Very good, Leroy. You get an A in psychology. Take that reading to heart.”<o:p></o:p>
Thanks E.A. for your previous comment.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm baaack! I bought us all a bag of Snickers at the store, but they melted in the car and I know how much you all hate melty chocolate, so it looks like I'll have to eat them all myself. :(

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hi Joyce. It is awfully quiet here right now. The last post was mine several minutes ago.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I love the exerpts from your new WIP, Larry!

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm baaack! I bought us all a bag of Snickers at the store, but they melted in the car and I know how much you all hate melty chocolate, so it looks like I'll have to eat them all myself. :(
Welcome back! I have a freezer that will solve the problem of melted Snickers. :fridge:

Joyce DiPastena
Hi Larry,

Yeah, I noticed that, even though several people still say they're "online". They've probably wandered off from their computers for awhile without logging out. I've been guilty of doing that myself in the past.

So, when one of your excerpts says it's about Leroy and Jody in the present day, do you mean when they've "grown older" from Lab Partners? Or are you doing a time travel kind of thing?

Hi Joyce. It is awfully quiet here right now. The last post was mine several minutes ago.

Anne Patrick
Again, great tension, Larry. Makes me want to find out why Jody wants to avoid men and if Leroy can help soften her heart.

Here is another excerpt from A Change of Heart, my WIP. This is the second time Leroy and Jody meet, this segment from Leroy's POV. Leroy decides to take a break from studying and go to the local ice skating rink.

He noticed the woman with the whistle. She was very good, able to go fast to catch some skater breaking her rules. She threaded between the crowd with ease, her red hair streaming from under her toboggan. She wore a short coat, tight fitting sweat pants that extended to her white figure skates. The skates were certainly not the drab rental skates. Covering from her waist half way to her knees was a skating skirt, fully-flared, semi-heavy material that fluttered in the wind, giving her a striking appearance. Leroy asked himself why he concentrated on her so much. He shifted his attention, reluctantly, to his skating. She seemed familiar though.<O:p></O:p>
He avoided a beginner skater, a girl perhaps early teens, unsteady on her skates. An elderly couple passed him and he admired their locked arms, truly top notch skaters as their fluid motion carried them through the narrow gaps.<O:p></O:p>
The inevitable happened, thought Leroy. A preteen boy stumbled into his path. To keep from hitting him, Leroy swerved sharply to the right missing the boy, but the abrupt turn proved too much for him and he went down. He knew enough not to try catching himself, a sure broken wrist if he had. He slid on his side several feet, unhurt, but he ended up in the path of a high speed skater who jumped over him. The speedster, a man, almost cleared him, but struck Leroy in the forehead with the blade of his skate. The man easily landed on his skates, going on, not bothering to check on Leroy. The contact brought stars to his vision, not the beautiful stars in the night sky.<O:p></O:p>
He groaned, holding his head, thankful there was no blood. On coming skaters slowed and passed him by as he held his head, the pain excruciating. He didn’t feel like getting up. He heard a whistle blow and a woman shout.<O:p></O:p>
“Slow down everybody. A skater is hurt.”<O:p></O:p>
A shower of ice covered him as the white skates of the woman made a high speed stop, sliding sideways. A much needed arm thrust gently under his arm pit.<O:p></O:p>
“Leroy, is that you? Can you get up?”<O:p></O:p>
“Yes,” Leroy managed. His thinking the woman looked familiar was answered as he made out her concerned expression through his cloud of pain. Jody helped him to a bench at the side of the rink. She gazed intently at his forehead.<O:p></O:p>
“Your head isn’t cut but you’ll have a nasty bruise. Stay here. I’ll get an ice pack. You’re going to have a goose egg if we don’t stop the swelling.” She sped away to a box mounted on a pole just out of the skating area, retrieved a pack and returned.<O:p></O:p>
“Thanks, Jody,” Leroy said, taking the pack and easing it onto his forehead.<O:p></O:p>
“You’d better have a doctor to check you, make sure you don’t have a concussion. Sit tight. I’ll be right back. I have some business to attend to. Then you can tell me how you know my name.”<O:p></O:p>
She waited for a clearing, and then sped away after the skater Leroy thought was the one that hit him. He was still skating fast, passing every skater he came to. Jody easily caught him, and Leroy was amazed at how fast she could skate.<O:p></O:p>
She grabbed the man by the collar of his coat, somehow skidding sideways and bringing him and her both to a stop near the edge of the rink. Leroy estimated the man was a good three inches taller than her but she kept hold of his collar forcing him to the rink entrance, handling him like he was a rag doll. Leroy could hear her angry voice telling him to leave. The man tried prying Jody’s fingers from his coat but she clung with one hand and lashed out verbally. He quickly took his skates off and left. Leroy hoped he never made her angry if he met her again after tonight. She skated gracefully back to him.<O:p></O:p>
“I’ve had trouble with that guy all night. I don’t know why I waited until almost closing time to kick him out.” She sat beside Leroy.<O:p></O:p>
“Remind me never to get on your bad side,” he said, smiling faintly, continuing to hold the ice pack against his forehead.<O:p></O:p>
“I don’t see you getting on my bad side, if we meet again. Okay, how did you find out my name?”<O:p></O:p>
“My roommate, Jeb, was in your math class. Your academic accomplishments are well-known. Say why didn’t you want me to know your name?” He watched her reaction, but dreaded her answer.<O:p></O:p>
“I like to keep a low profile,” she answered. That wasn’t the reply he expected. He suspected an underlying reason, and decided to fish for it.<O:p></O:p>
“That’s not all is it?” Quite a daring question, he assessed of himself. Whether he was right or wrong he knew he was in trouble when a crease appeared between her eyes.<O:p></O:p>
“What did I tell you about getting personal? You think you’re an amateur shrink, why don’t you answer your own question.” Her sternness took on a higher level.<O:p></O:p>
“You’ve resolved to avoid men,” he said, seeing her shocked expression, knowing he’d made an accurate guess, but saddened that he had.<O:p></O:p>
“Very good, Leroy. You get an A in psychology. Take that reading to heart.”<O:p></O:p>
Thanks E.A. for your previous comment.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I love the exerpts from your new WIP, Larry!
I second that! It looks like a great story, Larry.

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Aha! E.A. is still here! I've got a freezer of my own, thank you very much. I'll throw the Snickers in for awhile and wait until everyone else has left the chat room...ahhh, I mean, until the Snickers firm back up to share them.

Welcome back! I have a freezer that will solve the problem of melted Snickers. :fridge:

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I'll help you eat them Joyce.Lusty Drool Smilie

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Hi Larry,

Yeah, I noticed that, even though several people still say they're "online". They've probably wandered off from their computers for awhile without logging out. I've been guilty of doing that myself in the past.

So, when one of your excerpts says it's about Leroy and Jody in the present day, do you mean when they've "grown older" from Lab Partners? Or are you doing a time travel kind of thing?
I'm still at my computer; I just keep getting distracted by the synopsis I've been struggling with all day. For some reason, I can't seem to keep from adding too much information and making it too long.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Aha! E.A. is still here! I've got a freezer of my own, thank you very much. I'll throw the Snickers in for awhile and wait until everyone else has left the chat room...ahhh, I mean, until the Snickers firm back up to share them.
Laugh it Up fuzball Mm-hm, I'm sure.

Anne Patrick
June 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I hate doing the synopsis. Writing the darn book is much easier for me :headscratch:.

I'm still at my computer; I just keep getting distracted by the synopsis I've been struggling with all day. For some reason, I can't seem to keep from adding too much information and making it too long.

EAWest
June 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I hate doing the synopsis. Writing the darn book is much easier for me :headscratch:.
Oh, yeah. I'd much rather be writing a new book than figuring out how to describe this one in an interesting way in three to five pages.:hatecomputer:

Joyce DiPastena
June 10th, 2010, 06:18 PM
You look frighteningly overeager, Anne. Didn't anyone feed you any lunch? ;)

Oooo, look what I found in the freezer when I threw the Snickers in! Hey, what's your favorite flavor? :icecream:

I'll help you eat them Joyce.Lusty Drool Smilie

LarryH
June 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks, Joyce. Maybe some day I'll get a publisher interested in these two novels and the others I have. No luck in landing either an agent or publisher.