PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the June Jubilee

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks for coming out to the June Jubilee!
Well, first, I want to say thanks for stopping by.

Now, for the fun stuff! I love doing all sorts of things for fun, but my favorite thing to do is Scuba Dive. Any others out there?

To be honest, there's nothing like being 30 - 40 - 50 feet down and looking up to see the sky from that depth. Talk about breathtaking! It's a whole new world underwater and I love to explore it.

MariaD.
June 11th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Have never scuba dived- not a very good swimmer so I don't really spend alot of time in the water

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hi Maria,

Actually diving is easier than swimming. I know, I didn't believe it myself until I did it and understood what they meant.

I would highly recommend taking classes. It's not as scary as it appears to be, really.

Robbibird3
June 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Annie,
I just dropped in to say that I hope your Jubilee day is successful. Are all of your books, even those you don't know of yet going to be F/F? I like meeting new authors but have got to be honest and say I'm not a big fan of same sex love stories. Primarily because the graphic scene descriptions make me uncomfortable. If they don't go into the naughty details then I am fine with reading them because everyone deserves to be loved.

Robin

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Great question Robin!

Actually, I'm working on a new series and no, the scenes won't be as explicit. Although, their may be a tender moment or two. A far cry from my other books. LOL

The Carly Bright Series focuses on Carly, a Paranomal Investigator for the FBI, working with a vampire clan to stop the things that go bump in the night. Carly isn't gay or straight. She just is. :)

Hopefully, this will appeal to a more general audience than the explicit lesbian scenes do. :)

lilpixie
June 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hi Annie so glad you could be here .Ive never scuba dived but I realy want to it seems like it would be so awesome , hopefully one day soon I ll get my chance

CharmedGirl
June 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I've never been Scuba Diving but I do love snorkelling when I go away on holidays to Fiji or Vanuatu or even the islands of North Queensland, Australia.

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 04:31 PM
You really should try it. The feeling of weightlessness is awesome! The thing I enjoy the most, other than seeing the underwater life, is the absolute quite that there is.

It's you and the fish or the reef, depending on how deep you go down, and that's it. Your troubles and problems melt away for a little while.

Best thing I ever saw were Stingrays gliding above me. It was so cool! Scariest thing? A shark. It turned out to be a nurse shark going after a conch. They're harmless really, just scary looking. :)

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Charmedgirl,

Trust me when I say that scuba diving is easier than snorkeling.

I'd love to dive in Fiji one day! I bet it's beautiful.

yadkny
June 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM
:welcome2: Annie,

Your Carly Bright Series sounds interesting. I am a fan of the Anita Blake series by L.K.H., so I know what you mean when you say...
"Carly isn't gay or straight. She just is."
I will definitely be checking that series out.

Oh and scuba diving sounds like fun.

yadkny@hotmail.com Cheerleader

brandyzbooks
June 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hello, and I hope you don't mind my asking but what is "GLBT"??? :wub:

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Hi!
I absolutely don't mind explaining what "GLBT" is. :)

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender.

If you have any other questions about what something stands for, please feel free to ask.

Annie Alvarez
June 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yadkny,
I hope you do check it out. It's still in its early stages so give me some time with it. :)

BTW, I just picked up "Bullet" by LKH and I'm loving it. She is so good!

MariaD.
June 11th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hi Annie-

Read the synopsis on the Carly Bright series and it sounds like fun.

I think that you will really like Bullet- I know that I loved it!
:taz:

brandyzbooks
June 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hi!
I absolutely don't mind explaining what "GLBT" is. :)

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender.

If you have any other questions about what something stands for, please feel free to ask.

Thank you... I hadn't seen the abreviation before!!!:thewave:

yadkny
June 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Yadkny,
I hope you do check it out. It's still in its early stages so give me some time with it. :)

BTW, I just picked up "Bullet" by LKH and I'm loving it. She is so good!

:helloooo:Annie -

I just finished reading "Bullet" last night. Can't wait to see what LKH comes up with next.

:write:In your bio you say you primarily write f/f, would you consider writing m/m or menage?

yadkny@hotmail.com Cheerleader

CharmedGirl
June 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I read Bullet not long ago and absolutely loved it.

Menage books are always a treat, especially when it's m/f/m but the two men have a relationship as well.