PDA

View Full Version : Bees

Tara S Nichols
May 28th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I can't remember if I already posted about this or not, I vaguely think I might have... hmmm.
I was part of a brief chat about strange hobbies and I think mine is strange only when I actually really think about what I am doing. It's not actually wise of me to concentrate on the ten thousand stinging insects buzzing about me as I steal their hard earned honey but being a beekeeper definitely is a blast.

ViolaGrace
June 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
The local bee keepers are all getting their summer supply of the critters. I was at my local honey producers co-op this week, waiting to pay for some beeswax that I was going to use for making body butter...when I notice that the box next to me was humming.
Upon closer inspection it seemed that the keeper was getting his queens for the summer months. It was only this week that the frost stopped re-occurring, and therefore safe for the little stinging darlings.
So, I stood and waited as three people in line picked up their boxes of bees, and felt vvveeerrrrryyyy nervous until I was in my car.
To bad they die up here every winter. It would save a few pennies if you could re-use the same 'litter'.

:)