PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee, roses, and win a book

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 08:45 AM
:wildflowers: In Sleeping with the Lights On, my heroine Sandra has a secret admirer who leaves her a single rose at odd times and in odd places. She figures out the color of the rose is the message - lavender for love at first sight, red for I love you, yellow for remember me or as an apology, and a black rose for...well, you'll have to read the book to discover the meaning of that one!

Leave a comment and tell me your favorite rose color to become eligible for an e-book of Sleeping with the Lights On. I'll draw a name and announce the winner tomorrow.

Sleeping with the Lights On is available in e-book and print versions from The Wild Rose Press.

lillygayle
June 20th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Hey Brenda. Your book sounds like a great read. My favorite flower is actually a peone but when it comes to roses, I like the yellow and orange ones best.

Robbibird3
June 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Brenda,
What color of roses would I like? Hmm let me see I think it's a toss up between a blue rose I saw in a seed magazine and the yellow rose I've seen in arrangements, then again there is something pristine about a solid white rose. I guess you'll have to decide for me between those three. I hope your Jubilee day is hopping.

Robin

milosdad
June 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I've never done something like this so I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to get a copy of your book so I can find out more about you as an author.
Have a great day and make sure you cook the fish he caught.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 10:42 AM
You did just fine milosdad! But we won't be eating the fish - it's strictly catch and release! Thanks for popping in.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I've never seen a blue rose. That would be lovely. Wonder if they are too delicate to grow in MN.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Actually, my favorite flower is the daisy - white with yellow center. I think in Sleeping, Sandra begins to hate roses!

milosdad
June 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Yellow roses are my favorite I gues because I'm always apologizing for something.

ladymagnolia
June 20th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I think they have a Salmon color!! I am not sure that is the real name, but they are so beautiful. I love all roses!!

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Ah...that sounds sad!

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM
You're right! I got two salmon colored roses at my book launch party last weekend. Gorgeous.

eema2boys
June 20th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'm a traditional woman and like red roses best.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Well red is the "love" color. You must be a true romantic!

Autumn Jordon
June 20th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Happy June Jubliee to you, Brenda. My favorite flowers, which are actually shrubs, are french lilacs. As far as roses, I'd lean toward the tradional red. Wishing you a ton of sales, lady.

hollie
June 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I like yellow roses, they are what my parents bought me every week when i was ill durring my first pregnancy.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Hey Autumn - thanks for dropping in and the good well wishes.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 02:57 PM
How sweet of your parents! Thanks for sharing Hollie.

MariaD.
June 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I love roses in general but my favorite color is light pink.
:thankyou:

yadkny
June 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
:helloooo: Brenda,
I absolutely love roses in general but my favorite color would have to be the black rose. I actually love the color black because it is such an intense yet understated color. To me a black rose would signify intense feelings. People may interpret those intense feelings as good or bad, but i guess it just depends on the relationship you have with the person who gave them to you.

Excellent question. It's interesting to see what everyone else thinks and the reason for their response.

lilpixie
June 20th, 2010, 03:44 PM
My favorite flower is a jacobs coat rose they have multicolored pink,orange red and yellow petals

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Maria, you must be a girlie girl! Light pink says feminine.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Ah, the black rose.You hit on a very mysterious color, I think. When I was researching roses for my book, I needed just such a color for a certain scene. I didn't even know there was such a rose.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Jacobs Coat rose sounds interesting. I can see it in a vase with a solid rose of each of the colors.

brandyzbooks
June 20th, 2010, 04:40 PM
My favorite colored roses are SALMON (pink/orange)... they are gorgeous!!!

katsrus
June 20th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I love the lavendar ones.

Brenda Whiteside
June 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Lavender and Salmon - both great colors. Thanks for stopping in.

hollie
June 21st, 2010, 07:35 AM
i said yellow and would you believe i have been given a plate that is really a clock which was a gift my grandparents were given for their 50th anniversery, it has yellow roses all over it!!

so now i planning on organising my new kitchen(not that the hubby has said yes to a new kitchen yet) around the colours on the plate/clock.

desitheblonde
June 21st, 2010, 09:14 AM
about colors let me tell you what my grandma did she wanted her kitchen change every couple of years she started out yellow and green every one had to get her stuff to match it and then it was water mellon, then she
went to light blue so my uncle climb the ladder and did the borders and the cabinet were 5 ft high and then had to take doors off and repaint and re hanged doors

Brenda Whiteside
June 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hollie, don't let your husband read desitheblonde's comment! He may think twice about kitchen colors.

Brenda Whiteside
June 21st, 2010, 10:30 AM
A winner has been drawn. eema2boys will receive an e-book of Sleeping with the Lights On. Congratulations. And thanks to all of you that participated in my June Jubilee day. Have a great summer.

Brenda

desitheblonde
June 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM
what yoou got to think if your kid are going to buy you some thing for the kitchen my grand had 35 grand and 37 great when she was alive so if you want something speicial for the kitchen tell the kids and grand kids
or family member we had fun looking for the stuff for grandma