PDA

View Full Version : Hello all, I am an avid reader of all types of books.

Lila42
June 1st, 2007, 04:07 PM
I see there is a lot of useful information for writers, and that's terriffic. I have written a few small articles and I enjoy doing so; however, I lack the real skills and knowledge it would take to actually be able to write a book. Talent can only take you so far, and when you don't have much talent, you need to rely on skill. :)
I am enjoying learning things from the writers on this board. It's nice to meet everyone!

Karenne
June 1st, 2007, 08:57 PM
Well I am glad you are here! I don't have the talent to write...well, except for Thank you Notes! I can do that! :tt2:

We have lots of places around here for you to hone your skills if you want to!

:teacher:

Kissa Starling
June 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome Lila. I love getting to know readers and authors alike. What genre of books do you read?
Kissa

Lainey
June 25th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Being a reader is great we need lots of them here but it is true you can take the classes here and learn some tips and tricks .. and Karenne you are better than a thank you note person ...

Come have some fun though here Lila you never know what you will learn and definitely should meet and make some nice people I do know that. So come join in and post.

Lainey

Shirley Jump
June 26th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Hi Lila,

Welcome to CTR! You know, I started in articles a gazillion years ago and I would have thought the same thing if you told me that when I first started as a freelancer. Years down the road, I decided to try my hand at fiction. It took me a while (I didn't get the hang of it right away) but I did learn how to write a book (or at least I hope so, my 18th is on shelves now ;) ), so you might be surprised where your writing takes you.

If you're interested, my story of how I quit writing (http://www.shirleyjump.com/article/item-549bafcf-bb0a-4a18-8791-a5b52ac551a2.aspx)and ended up selling (AKA Shirley's long and rocky road to publication) is here (http://www.shirleyjump.com/article/item-549bafcf-bb0a-4a18-8791-a5b52ac551a2.aspx).

Welcome again!

Lila42
June 30th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Thank you all for the kind welcome! I love to read. Period. I am reading Tim Russert's book, "Wisdom of our Fathers." I love fiction, but also autobiographies and biographies. One of my favorite books this year was "Marley and Me." (The world's worst dog.) It was heartwarming and comical..so my interests really vary. Again, thanks for the welcome.

jadxiadax
July 12th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Yea!! Another reader! I was starting to get outnumbered!!! i need help pestering the authors! But honestly ~ this is a great group. Be sure to check out all the forums, even the non-book ones.

Jax