PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight Day Competition

Amy Gallow
June 25th, 2010, 08:57 AM
All comments made today on any one of my threads will go into a draw for a download of any one of my books

brandyzbooks
June 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yaaa, Thank you for coming today. Happy June Jubilee!!!

yadkny
June 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
:helloooo:

WOW shooting a full length feature film on one of your own books must be very exciting! Congrats on signing a contract for the first story with your own name on it :)

Amy Gallow
June 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
It's been quite an experience so far, the first shock was having to produce character breakdowns for every character mentioned in the book, both for casting and to assist the actors in their roles. Progress is very slow, proceeding in fits and starts as it passes through each stage. The screen play had to be written, not by me fortunately, then the initial funding sought, then the promo trailer devised and shot, both on location and in the studio.
I've was fortunate in having friends working in the support side of the Australian Film Industry and they've kept me grounded throughout with tid-bits like "of every hundred film proposals, only ten make into full length films, and of these ten, only one will make a profit"
As for the book under my own name, Amy Gallow was born at the insistence of my first publisher and will continue to author my romance writing. Each volume of the "Alliance" stories contains two major romances and at least two secondary ones, but the overall story is more speculative fiction--a mix of science fiction, fantasy and "what if?"

Lucky47
June 25th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Amy,
You're a new to me Author. But not for long. :)
That is amazing, a full length feature film. I wish you mch success with it. Happy Jubilee day Amy.
Carol L.
Lucky4750@aol.com