PDA

View Full Version : Always looking for a new recipe!

loridbingley
June 14th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I am the first to admit that I absolutely HATE to cook!! Ugh! But not because it's hard, or that I don't want to do it. It's because I don't have the imagination needed to try new things! I feel like I'm always making the same things over and over!! I would love to hear some new (and easy!!! lol) recipes that some of you make for supper. Something that children would love, would be nice!! If not......well, they can have Kraft Dinner!! lol.

I will share some of my recipes that I have used over the years......the kids love (speaking of Kraft Dinner) macaroni casserole. My grandmother used to make it, then my mother.....it's simple. Just make your KD, and in the meantime, brown some hamburger in another pan. Add the two together, and then add a can (or two, depending on how much KD you made) of Cream of Mushroom Soup. I then put it all in the oven with bread crumbs on top, and broil it until the bread is browned. It's really yummy!!!

See? Told you I don't have much of an imagination!! lol. I'm better off in front of a computer killing off characters! Help me!!!

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
June 15th, 2006, 08:40 AM
When I first got married, it seems I spent most of my time in the kitchen. Some probably remember the days where the woman was more or less tied to the stove thinking of new ways to prepare meals for the hubby with some great desserts. Well when children came along, and diapers to change and all that stuff, less time was spent on new ways to invent creative dishes, and now, all I can say is thanks for microwaves and prepared meals because sometimes they come in handy.

I still like to cook and share recipes but sometimes I enjoy it more when someone else takes the recipe and does it for me. It seems it always taste better. So, Lori, why not whip up a cheesecake.
;) ;D

loridbingley
June 16th, 2006, 11:53 PM
mmmmmmm............cheesecake.........I love cheesecake! My friends are always after me to make my 'famous' Oreo cheesecake. You can find it on the back of the Oreo crumbs box. SO good! It can be expensive to make, but it's worth it. Just tell yourself that it's all fat free!!!!!!!

Actually, a good 'fat free' dessert is simply to bake an angel food cake, add fat free whipped cream on top - then spread your favorite fruit. I usually use strawberries and kiwi!.......this is amazing, and you don't have to feel guilty because it truly IS fat free!!

Making me hungry and it's almost 1am! I can't eat now!

Lori

maura
June 27th, 2006, 02:28 PM
I have another easy one. Take a package of Pasta Roni- I like the olive oil and garlic one, and make it according to the directions. While you are cooking this bake two boneless chicken breasts with salt and pepper and a little garlic(powder or minced). Next, take some frozen broccoli and cook it according to instructions in the microwave. When the pasta is done slice the chicken into strips and mix that and the broccoli with the pasta. All the food groups on one plate and it tastes really good.

loridbingley
July 2nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
Maura! That sounds awesome! You're making me hungry, though I just ate not long ago. I will try this, I promise!

I do love ham and scalloped potatoes.......that's my favorite meal of all meals. I could eat that every day. Well, no I couldn't. Then it wouldn't be a treat, right? lol.

Linda L Lattimer
July 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Have you tried the potatoes and sausage recipe? You just take 1/4 cup of chicken broth add to a square casserole dish, about 6 or 7 sliced red potatoes, depending on their size, some chopped up Kielbasa sausage (or turkey sausage or any kind of sausage like that), a small chopped onion, mix together and pour on top of the broth, if you prefer you can add some shredded cheese on top, that is your choice, then microwave for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If there are any leftovers, it taste good the next day, too.

I like to take some pieces of chicken and boil down to make some broth then freeze for later.
8)

Linda L Lattimer
July 20th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Hmmm, no new recipes, I guess it is too hot for anyone to think about cooking but there should be some great cold recipes in your favorite salads if anyone would like to share
8)

loridbingley
July 29th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, some good cold recipes would be great! My brother is getting married in a couple of weeks, and we need to have a shower, rehearsal dinner, and of course the reception. Finding easy and cheap stuff to make is hard!

I love an angel food cake with whipped topping, and fresh fruit cut over it. That has to be my favorite 'light' recipe this time of year. It's almost fat free, and you don't feel guilty eating it - yet it's a nice treat.

However, bring on the chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori

Linda L Lattimer
July 29th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey, Lori

If you go to the food network, at www.foodnetwork.com and check out Paula Deen, she just had some shows with some recipes for an upcoming wedding, a rehearsal and even a shower. The recipes were light, cool and easy to prepare. I bought two more of her cook books.

8)

Karenne
August 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM
And make sure you have butter! snicker...have to have butter for Paula Dean.

I have been putting in some wonderful recipes in our Recipes...did you check them out? (looks at Lori) some of them are super easy and you would love to cook them!

KarenneLyn

Linda L Lattimer
August 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Oh Yes, the curry chicken recipe that Karenne gave us, I think, I will have to look over messages but I was sure it was Karenne because when I printed it out, I put her name on the top, anyway, it was soooo good and leftovers were great, too

8)

Charissa1
September 11th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Where do all of you find recipes? Do you hunt for cookbooks at rummage sales? Do you actually look on the back of the soup cans at the grocery store? Do you dig out the dusty bin of grandma's recipes? Are you just trial and error and jot your incredients down?

One of my favorite recipes I have ever found was on the back of a Saltines box. It was a black bean soup recipe and besides incredibly easy to make, it's a tasty, healthy one even my kids will devour.

Karenne
September 11th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Oh Yes, the curry chicken recipe that Karenne gave us, I think, I will have to look over messages but I was sure it was Karenne because when I printed it out, I put her name on the top, anyway, it was soooo good and leftovers were great, too

8)
Yes that was me! lol

Karenne
September 11th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Where do all of you find recipes? Do you hunt for cookbooks at rummage sales? Do you actually look on the back of the soup cans at the grocery store? Do you dig out the dusty bin of grandma's recipes? Are you just trial and error and jot your incredients down?

One of my favorite recipes I have ever found was on the back of a Saltines box. It was a black bean soup recipe and besides incredibly easy to make, it's a tasty, healthy one even my kids will devour.

Well, like my best friend...I am a cook book freak! Absolute freak. I love cookbooks and cooking magazines and web sites with cooking tips and recipes. I love them!!! (drools)

I am very lucky and have a great library system so that I can look (extensively) at the books prior to buying them. And I do! Then I add them to my collection. I can't help myself! That is why I have been adding those recipes. They are all tried and true and are yummy!

Did you all see all of the recipes and their sections? If you have any more ideas on what else you would like up there, just let me know!:euro:

Angewl_73
February 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM
These are some great suggestions.

I have taken some rice and put it in a pan with some boneless skinless chicken breasts. Add water or chicken broth and season (salt, pepper and whatever else you like) and bake in the oven. That always goes over well with the hubby.

You can of course add veggies if you want. lol