PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I amaze myself

gincat61
June 2nd, 2007, 02:28 PM
Afternoon, Ladies and Gents. Why is that some of us who can yak for hours (without taking a breath)about our writing will clam up when we're given a chance to talk about ourselves? If anyone would ask me what are the three topics I'm a fool for, I would go with: (a)Norse Mythology (b)discussions about blues musicians and music of the sixties (c)discussions about writing. Oh, and I do like street lit, like that written by Iceberg Slim. I also like autobiographies in which the authors describe their experience in events that shaped world history (i.e. Vietnam, WWII, human rights marches). Wait a minute. I think I'm getting the hang of talking about myself.

Karenne
June 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
snickers....you are doing great! Welcome to the group gincat!

:teacher:

Lila42
June 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Hi! I also love biographies. There are periods of time when I love reading fiction, then I get in an auto or biography frame of mind.

gincat61
June 5th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I like the autobiographies because they give you a slice of history that might otherwise be written in a general sense. For example, history books will say that the WWII camps were horrorible, but when you read an autobiography of a survivor, or a person who lived through the time, you grasp the idea that people were trying to get out of Nazi Germany and the areas, but some people were trapped, and their survival depended on who they knew (and sometimes, who they knew turned out to be a very bad deal). You grasp the idea that even if you did escape, you might be turned back in by someone on the outside.