PDA

View Full Version : JAPANESE CAJUNS! Yeah baby!

TJ Michaels
June 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
My daughter has totally spoiled me. She cooks all the time and her specialty happens to be one of my weaknesses: Japanese Food. The other weakness which I have to cook myself is CAJUN FOOD!

One of the places I go to get awesome JAPANESE RECIPES is: www.bento.com (http://www.bento.com). You can find everything from savory soups to yummy seafood entrees (and yes, some of 'em are sushi-like).

For the cajun parts, this is a family recipe for SHRIMP CREOLE:

This is an EASY shrimp dish served over rice. I make mine with bacon, but if youíre a vegetarian that eats seafood, thisíll work for you. YUM!!

1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 cup chopped celery
4 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped plum tomatoes
(or you can use canned tomatoes if youíre lazy like me)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
Salt, cayenne and Old Bay Seasoning (just a dash or so to taste)
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (donít use cooked shrimp)
2 tablespoons flour mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
6 cups cooked white rice
1/2 cup chopped green onions

In a large saute pan, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne. Stir in the peppers and celery. Saute for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables start to wilt. Stir in the tomatoes and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne.

Stir in the water and bay leaves. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in the green onions. Check the seasoning (you may need a little bit more).

To assemble, mound the rice in the center of each plate or bowl. Spoon the Shrimp Creole over the rice. Garnish with green onions.

DONE!

Enjoy! I'll post one of my favorite Japanese recipes later on.

Lainey
June 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
OK now you just made me very hungry especially as I love shrimp and rice is good too ... I will have to try that recipe now. Thanks for sharing TJ.

Lainey

TJ Michaels
June 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Lainey, if you love shrimp, then you're going to go orgasmic for this recipe!

Lainey
June 3rd, 2007, 04:59 AM
Shrimp and Salmon are my 2 favorites ... so yep I bet I would love it for sure so thanks TJ....

Lainey

readingisfun
June 3rd, 2007, 12:19 PM
This sounds like a very delicious recipe. I love Shrimp mmmmm-mmmmm. I will have to try this one :-) THanks TJ for sharing this one.

Little Lamb Lost
June 4th, 2007, 03:51 AM
I love the sound of this recipe and that it looks easy to make is an added bonus.

TJ Michaels
June 4th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm going to have to post a recipe for seafood gumbo next...