PDA

View Full Version : Interracial Romance

zenawynn
July 5th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm really surprised there aren't a lot of threads here. There are so many great IR books out there. I'm not just talking about mine. Almost any genre you can think of - Paranormal, Inspirational, Contemporary, even Sci-Fi/Fantasy. I love reading and writing them. I don't limit myself to IR, but as an AA, I enjoy reading about heroines who share my skin color. Women who aren't trapped by racial boundaries but free to love and be loved by a man no matter what his race or nationality is. A lot of other women must feel the way I do because it's a growing market.

rachelanna25
July 5th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I agree completely! Looking for IR books has rekindled my passion to write. My current WIP is an interracial romance, so I hope to submit and share my story with everyone soon.

zenawynn
July 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Make sure you tell us about it. I must admit I'm picky about my IRs. I like reading them. I like the cultural aspects of it but I don't want race to be the main issue between them. Yes, it should be addressed because I think it would be an adjustment, no matter what the racial/cultural aspect is. Heck, even Southerners and Northerners have adjustments to make. LOL!

Rae Lori
July 6th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Great idea and thanks for this thread, Zena. I'm another IR fan (and incorporate it into my stories) and I also really enjoy reading IR books. I love seeing a diverse bunch of characters falling in love and having adventures in different genres of books.

Please keep us posted, RachelAnna, and many happy writing sessions to you!

RaeLynnBlue
August 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Zena,
I agree completely. I too write I/R romances and although I don't want the entire story to focus on ethnicities, it is something that requires an adjustment. Good post!

Best,
Rae