PDA

View Full Version : News and Updates

Veronica Wilde
June 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM
First off I am currently running a contest through July 15 in which I will pick a winner from everyone who subscribes to my newsletter. The winner will receive a big box of summer beauty products, including sunscreen, foot cream, bath gel, body butters and much more.

Each issue contains contest news, romance articles, book reviews, an author interview and the occasional short story. This is a quarterly newsletter, not a monthly one; I figure we all get enough email. :)

To subscribe, email me at Veronicawilde@yahoo.com and put "Subscribe" in the subject line. That's it, you're entered!

Happy reading. :)

Veronica

WINNER: BILLIE L.
Congrats!

Karenne
June 3rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yummy! Those are great! :balloon: And it is easy..yes, I like easy!

ttfn

Veronica Wilde
June 20th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Did you hear a wild scream of joy last night? That was me finding out my novella EROTICS ANONYMOUS got accepted for the Samhain "Strangers in the Night" Valentine's Anthology!

(Cue the Frank Sinatra song.... not the mattress commercial version)

I am so thrilled to be included in this anthology. And keeping company with my fellow authors Bonnie Dee and Bettie Sharpe has to be a good thing. :)
I fell in love with the theme and had way too much fun writing this novella, which is the story of a young writing student who discovers a secret society of famous erotic authors on her college campus. It's easily the most risque thing I've written yet... not for the faint of heart. ;)

Next Valentine's is far away so stay tuned!

Veronica

Karenne
June 21st, 2007, 12:42 AM
Oh my goodness! I thought was an earthquake:winkiss:

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Dani
June 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a real winner! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I'm always looking for new stories to read.

Linda L Lattimer
June 24th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Congrats Veronica, will look forward to reading it

Linda

Veronica Wilde
July 6th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Witchcraft Contest!

SECOND TIME AROUND comes out July 16, kicking off my Spells of Seduction series about 3 witch sisters and their search for love and lust. In honor of witches everywhere, I am holding a contest. Everyone who correctly answers the below quiz will have their name entered into a July 21 drawing to win the backlist book of their choice.

Please email your answers to me at VeronicaWilde@yahoo.com (VeronicaWilde@yahoo.com). Write Witchcraft Contest in the subject line so I don't miss it!!

Which is not a movie about witchcraft?
Bell, Book and Candle
The Craft
Practical Magic
The Omen

Which of these was not a TV witch?
Samantha
Tabitha
Jeannie
Sabrina

Who sang the famous song “Witchcraft”?
Dean Martin
Frank Sinatra
Bing Crosby
Sammy Davis Jr.

Open your Book of Shadows and find those answers!

Winner: Christy

Veronica

Karenne
July 6th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Oh Wow! Thanks Veronica! What a neat contest!:notworthy:

Lainey
July 10th, 2007, 03:51 AM
DO NOT FORGET THAT YOU HAVE A CHAT TONIGHT WITH US IN OUR COFFEE TIME ROMANCE CHAT ROOM at 6pm pacific/9pm eastern.

I happen to be moderating along with a friend so please join us all and Veronica there tonight .... I happened to remember so wanted to post it before I went to bed tonight and forgot.

Lainey

Veronica Wilde
July 16th, 2007, 07:15 PM
SECOND TIME AROUND is out!

Catch up on your witchy reincarnation love triangles here! (http://stardustpress.com/products/product_info.php?products_id=29&show_excerpt=1)

http://www.veronicawilde.com/images/vw_secondtimearound.jpg

:)

Veronica

Dani
July 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
That's great Veronica! I'll have to add it to my list.

Veronica Wilde
July 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Psst..... I am blogging over at Samhain today to celebrate the release of HUNK OF BURNIN' LOVE. Everyone who comments on my entry with their favorite Elvis song or movie gets entered to win a free copy... so come on over!!!

http://samhainpubli shing.com/ blog/ (http://samhainpublishing.com/blog/)

:)
Veronica

Karenne
July 24th, 2007, 04:51 PM
I went! (does the funky dance at Dani) I was there!

Thanks Veronica!:wub:

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 12:18 AM
:tt2: Well goodie for you Karenne! LMAO

I hope that you had a lot of visitors there today Veronica. I ran errands this morning and on the way home started feeling under the weather a bit, so I didn't get on here until late. What's worse is that my allergies are now kicking my butt royally! I can't win for losing. Oh well, such is my lot in life some days. :lol:

Karenne
July 25th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Not to worry Dani...I was there for you...in spirit...so to speak honey!:wub:

PS...did you get my errands done also?

Dani
July 25th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks Karenne! Yes, your errands got done too! Hahahahaha!

Karenne
July 26th, 2007, 02:24 PM
yeah for me! :punk:

Veronica Wilde
August 30th, 2007, 12:28 AM
OK, after a long absence, I am finally recovering from multiple vacations... aren't they supposed to be restful? :) These weren't. But I am back and ready to work. And knee-deep in edits!

Veronica

Karenne
August 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM
How nice...a vacation...(thinks) what is that again?

snicker...glad you are back. Sorry it is to edits (ewww):clown:

Dani
August 31st, 2007, 02:24 PM
LOL@Karenne (LOL@Karenne).

A vacation is something I need since summer is over and my son's back in school...I bet you could use a big one!! :biggrin:

Karenne
August 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Take me Dani!

Take meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:baffled:

Dani
August 31st, 2007, 10:00 PM
When I go, you'll be the first to know cause I'll send you a plane ticket to meet me! :biggrin:

Veronica Wilde
September 3rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Haunted Hollywood Contest!

Yes, it's barely September but I am kicking off a long-running contest now to get my favorite season underway... the season of Halloween.

In honor of my upcoming Hollywood Ghosts from Liquid Silver Books (see below), I am soliciting your spookiest TRUE ghost story. This can be something you personally experienced or something someone you know experienced. Email it to me at veronicawilde@yahoo.com (veronicawilde@yahoo.com) for a chance to win a copy of Hollywood Ghosts.

All through September and October I will post the stories on my website to get everyone in the holiday spirit! (If you don't want yours posted, just tell me so.) I will pick a winner right before Halloween.

Share or Be Scared!

Hollywood Ghosts

High in the Hollywood hills is a beautiful Spanish revival mansion that is one of California’s most sinister secrets. Over the decades its luxurious rooms have witnessed multiple movie star deaths and scandals, from suicides to cult rituals to brutal celebrity slayings. And the ghosts who loved being famous in life don’t like getting ignored in death.

But Rachel Dentley, a UCLA student who’s been hired to housesit for four months, doesn’t know any of this. To her the mansion is simply her beautiful new home for the semester ... until phantom bloodstains and ghostly parties scare her senseless. Luckily for her not one but two experts in shining armor offer their assistance – gorgeous filmmaker Lorenzo Cortez and free-spirited parapsychologist, Dr. Zane Sullivan. Lorenzo wants to film a documentary about the house that will launch his career. Zane wants to gather enough evidence of the hauntings to validate his field. And both of them want Rachel for their own.

As the days pass, the haunted house grows more menacing – and the sexual tensions between Rachel, Lorenzo and Zane reach fever pitch. When all three indulge their cravings in a scorching menage, the murderous ghosts intercede with their own agenda – to make Rachel one of them by causing her death.

Warning: M/F/M, bondage, anal sex, graphic sexual situations.

http://www.veronicawilde.com/images/vw_hollywoodghosts1_6qu5.jpg

Dani
September 4th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Great contest Veronica! :whoohoo:

Veronica Wilde
September 4th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Ha ha, thanks! I love hearing other people's ghost stories... and the way this year is passing, it's going to be Christmas when I turn around, so I want to kick off the Halloween season now. Call me overeager. FlyingWitch

Veronica Wilde
September 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Here's an update that isn't so happy: one of my publishers, StarDust Press, is closing September 30. Just wanted to put that here officially since there have been so many epubs closing lately and rumors tend to fly when they do. Everything with SDP has been above the board; it's just a matter of low sales, nothing more. The publishers don't feel it's worthwhile to continue.

Currently they have 3 books of mine - Halloween Hearts, Haunted in Hawaii, and Second Time Around. They're all great books, of course ;) and beginning October 1, they will be available through my website, www.veronicawilde.com (http://www.veronicawilde.com). Until I decide if I want to self-publish or shop them elsewhere, that is.

C'est la vie!

Veronica

CharmedGirl
September 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM
:whoohoo: I love a good competition but I don't have any good ghost stories of my own so I'm going to have to ask some of my friends and family and see if they have any so I can enter :roflmao:

Veronica Wilde
September 18th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Get me your story, Charmed Girl!

Pssst... Today's the last question for the Erotic Muses Launch Contest... and it's MY question! It's my turn to blog, so come over and chat with me about your romantic rituals and superstitions. Then answer my question of the day... It's an easy one. :) Remember, the winner gets 5 free ebooks!

http://www.eroticmuses.blogspot.com (http://www.eroticmuses.blogspot.com/)

See you there!! :scooter:

Veronica
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Veronica Wilde
October 14th, 2007, 11:36 PM
And the winner of my Haunted Hollywood contest is... Cristina!

Congratulations, Cristina!

Dani
October 14th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Congrats Cristina! :whoohoo:

Karenne
October 15th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Way to go Cristina! DiscoDancingCarrots

Veronica Wilde
November 13th, 2007, 02:44 PM
And I'm back from Vegas and New York. :arghhhh:

So tired. But it's time to get back to work...!

Anyone want to write my books for me? :)

Veronica

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Writing books sounds like fun but I think I'll pass for now. However all the travelling would be fun :lol:

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 11:18 PM
I would try for you, but I'm afraid that you'd just have to work twice as hard to get it to sound right. :lol:

Linda L Lattimer
November 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Veronica, welcome back and hope you were able to have some fun

Linda

Veronica Wilde
December 22nd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Just sold an Older Woman/Younger Man romance to Liquid Silver Books called "That Dangerous Age." Bouncy Icon Smilie

Stay Tuned for blurb and excerpt!

Dani
December 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Congratluations Veronica!! :whoohoo:

Veronica Wilde
January 15th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Psst... EROTICS ANONYMOUS is out! Get it now at Samhain (http://www.samhainpublishing.com)!!

You know you're dying to read a racy love story of masks, bondage, handcuffs and kinky parties to get the Valentine's spirit going.... so don't miss it!!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_BFGUGHxPmfA/R4wkgN1KeCI/AAAAAAAAACk/K1V7pUmR2f8/s200/Erotics+Anon.jpg

Veronica Wilde
March 9th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Got a release date for THAT DANGEROUS AGE -- March 17!!!

No, it's not set on St. Patrick's Day - it's a steamy summer romance. So pick it up and warm up your rainy spring days. :)

Eden Rivers
June 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Hi,

I'm one of your "neighbors" in the author forums, and wanted to stop by and say hello. Congrats on Erotics Anonymous (great title!!!) getting accepted in the "Strangers in the Night" anthology!

And regarding writing "not for the faint of heart" stories, I kid you not, the Romance Junkies reviewer included the phrase "not for the faint of heart" in her review of my first book, Nature's Pentacle, so we must be related, lol.

Did you hear a wild scream of joy last night? That was me finding out my novella EROTICS ANONYMOUS got accepted for the Samhain "Strangers in the Night" Valentine's Anthology!

(Cue the Frank Sinatra song.... not the mattress commercial version)

I am so thrilled to be included in this anthology. And keeping company with my fellow authors Bonnie Dee and Bettie Sharpe has to be a good thing. :)
I fell in love with the theme and had way too much fun writing this novella, which is the story of a young writing student who discovers a secret society of famous erotic authors on her college campus. It's easily the most risque thing I've written yet... not for the faint of heart. ;)

Next Valentine's is far away so stay tuned!

Veronica

Veronica Wilde
August 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks, Eden! (I love your name, by the way.)

After a long break that involved me working my tail off in other fields (gotta bring that bacon home! - and this doesn't do it, LOL) I am back. I have new releases coming out and have spent the last few weeks catching up on my reading.... which feels really nice. Isn't that the best way to spend a lazy summer day, with a good (sexy) book?

Anyway, just posting that I'm back from the dead and ready to be a little more social again... Hope everyone's had a wonderful summer so far!

sabby07
August 2nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome back Veronica!

hollie
August 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks, Eden! (I love your name, by the way.)

After a long break that involved me working my tail off in other fields (gotta bring that bacon home! - and this doesn't do it, LOL) I am back. I have new releases coming out and have spent the last few weeks catching up on my reading.... which feels really nice. Isn't that the best way to spend a lazy summer day, with a good (sexy) book?

Anyway, just posting that I'm back from the dead and ready to be a little more social again... Hope everyone's had a wonderful summer so far!

Welcome back

Dani
August 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Glad to have you back Veronica!

Veronica Wilde
August 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
Maybe it's because I'm a huge book nerd, but when I think of my childhood and teenage years, I often remember the books I loved. As I'm guessing most of us writers were, I was a passionate reader who read my way through both the school and public library in a flash. Perhaps because those books were the most engrossing part of my life back then (before sex and writing my own books seized that throne) they still seem imbued with magic. Hence I have been a big fan of Lizzie Skurnick's Jezebel (http://www.jezebel.com/)column Fine Lines, which re-examines those same YA books.

Skurnick has managed to rescusitate countless authors who thrilled me, from Lois Duncan to VC Andrews to Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume. From HARRIET THE SPY to FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC, her columns brought back my middle school memories in a vivid rush. Now she has released an awesome book - SHELF DISCOVERY (http://www.amazon.com/Shelf-Discovery-Classics-Stopped-Reading/dp/0061756350/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249271371&sr=8-1)- that looks at a wide array of the YA titles now-adult women loved as kids. Meg Cabot, Jennifer Weiner, Cecily von Zeigasar and Laura Lippman all weigh in as well.

The older I get, the more sentimental I grow about those long-lost years where my happiest moments were curling up with a good book. So this book has already earned a special place in my heart. Anyone who was a young girl in the 70's or 80's just might find it does the same for them.

Veronica Wilde
January 31st, 2010, 12:23 AM
Just sold another book to Liquid Silver! "Lap Dance" is a M/M/F and will be out later this year.

How does a friendship catch fire? It starts with a lap dance….<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Alexandra and Diego are coworkers who won’t risk their friendship for the lusty fling they secretly want. Newly divorced and fresh from the suburbs, Alexandra’s afraid that if she gives him her body, he’ll steal her heart. A bisexual ex-model too gorgeous for his own good, Diego is afraid the true intensity of his passion will scare off the skittish Alexandra. So they skate along as friends, never confronting the depth of their feelings.

A fun night out at a male strip club changes everything when a wild young stripper electrifies them both. Sexy and mysterious with a dangerous past, Tristan is the ultimate bad boy, firing up their desire even as he arouses their jealousy. Soon they’re competing against each other in a battle of male vs. female sexual wiles. It’s a dead heat until the night their rivalry turns explosive at an auction of the raciest kind…<o:p></o:p>

Dani
January 31st, 2010, 12:53 AM
Oooh, sounds juicy! I'll have to read more about it when you are able to post more.

Veronica Wilde
January 31st, 2010, 01:21 AM
I'll post an excerpt if you send that beautiful man in the picture over to my house tonight. deal?

Dani
January 31st, 2010, 02:09 AM
Sure, but you have to send him back in the morning. Okay, I'll let you keep him for two nights. LOL!